Getting a quality control technician job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing quality control technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

...THis GirL... in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

I got my start w/ temp agencies.
The 1st one sent me to a chemical co and I stayed there for about 2 months.
The 2nd one (2 different agencies)sent me to a food prep place and I have been here over 1 year.
The place I worked before and this place desire candidates w/ science related degrees or someone who is working toward a degree.
I have saw some positions online that do not require an official BA or BS though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

GoodHumor

66 months ago

I started in at the bottom as a handpacker, and when there was a opeing in the Lab, my work record/attendance helped me, company gave me the training, which has been on going because procedures are always being up-dated. Knowing the computer is helpful, degree is not necessary unless you want to manage a department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

king in Gaborone, Botswana

56 months ago

would like to hear more comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Martin in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

46 months ago

king in Gaborone, Botswana said: would like to hear more comments

I have did quality for machining for over 10 years.
It's ok. Final inspection is the best in my opinion. Cleaner and quiet. I wanna take the next step to CMM but it is pretty tough to get the opportunity. I often had problems getting the tools I needed to do the job correctly. I may transition to CNC Machining

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.