Bad Supervisor's in houston

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Marley in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

How do you cope with a bad manager, I had this manager named Dee Mattheis who had no idea about being a supervisor and always gave wrong information, very defensive and had no concept of team or being a leader, I constantly argued with her because all the information she gave was incorrect. Then when the manager was around she would act nice and contradict herself and tell you that she had never given you that information, throwing you under the bus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steven_T in Copiague, New York

54 months ago

Hello
i work at Dyna Empire in Garden City in Long island as welder i have a real bad Supervisor in my Welding Department we have 5 Welder ( 3 old welder & 2 young ,i'm the younger one) very work that comes in our welding department for welding welder takes whatever they want to weld some take what they like to do and leave the stuff that they don't like to do on the shell , i just starting to work there for almost 10 months now and have feel like crap , other guy work there longer then me they can do what ever they like to weld but me i have to weld what they don't like , well i have too much to say about this welding department but it's not the right time yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

plasmapulse in New Orleans, Louisiana

40 months ago

Steven_T in Copiague, New York said: Hello
i work at Dyna Empire in Garden City in Long island as welder i have a real bad Supervisor in my Welding Department we have 5 Welder ( 3 old welder & 2 young ,i'm the younger one) very work that comes in our welding department for welding welder takes whatever they want to weld some take what they like to do and leave the stuff that they don't like to do on the shell , i just starting to work there for almost 10 months now and have feel like crap , other guy work there longer then me they can do what ever they like to weld but me i have to weld what they don't like , well i have too much to say about this welding department but it's not the right time yet.

BEFORE YOU QUIT. Think how much more money realistic would it take for you to be happy there, and continue welding the crap they leave for you to weld. Then take that number and ask for a raise. What do you have to lose? If you’re going to quit anyway, let it be because the lack of pay and nothing else. You see I've been welding for over 25 yrs. The owners know what's going on. They have guys that lay on your leg, but they have put it the years and done things for the company that made them money in tight circumstances. They will keep you and pay you the dollars if you keep your cool and smile and play the game. You see you never want to burn those bridges. It’s a small fabricating world out there. And they will remember what a hard worker you were and took the best they could dish out. When they find that they have a chance of losing the only welder that will weld the left over’s they won’t mind paying you a bit more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.