Recession? I have 3 jobs all found within the last year.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Radtech11 in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

Job market will improve. Keep trying and you all will find jobs as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Radtech11 in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

Just saying i found 3 jobs all within the last year haha. 1 full time and 2 PRN gigs. Key is getting different modalities under your belt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AA-US in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Radtech11 in Houston, Texas said: Just saying i found 3 jobs all within the last year haha. 1 full time and 2 PRN gigs. Key is getting different modalities under your belt.

Me too. Not everyone is so lucky though! I have one full time and two float positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

16 months ago

Radtech11 in Houston, Texas said: Just saying i found 3 jobs all within the last year haha. 1 full time and 2 PRN gigs. Key is getting different modalities under your belt.

All these techs having to work multiple jobs to make a living. It breaks my heart, it truely does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ToBoeingOrNotToBoeing in Seattle, Washington

16 months ago

I changed my resume about a month ago and really looked at my skills and tailored it to show what I'm really good at - which wasn't showing so much before. I know I'm in an area where there are probably more jobs - so I don't claim to say this is even applicable to anyone else.

But since I changed the resume I've had several bites and today I had my second interview and got a call this afternoon, offering me the job.

Please people, do not give up. And also, be TEACHABLE and willing to try different techniques and such in the search. Don't believe the negative. I have had huge gaps in employment and a lot of things everyone says are 'negative' too. But I thought about what I did during unemployment and simply put it on the resume as substantial activity - because it was (I was a neighborhood advocate that made changes in the crime and met with the city and lots of other stuff).

I had to think outside the box on how to present myself as valuable. Don't give up, please. I was close and still will never, ever forget how difficult this has been. Ever. I still don't believe it's happening (the change to more prosperity and edification).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.