Are ramp agent job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most ramp agent opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Maurice in Elm Grove, Wisconsin

84 months ago

Host said: Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most ramp agent opportunities?

Los Angeles "LAX", Chicago O'Hare "ORD", Milwaukee "MKE", San Diego "SAN", Midway Airport "MDW", Denver "DEN", New York "LGA", Washington Dulles "IAD", most of them are on the west coast or midwest area that where u would find them, I must warn u that it takes alot skills if u want to get into the major airline players, never be afriad to tell them like it is cause that what they want to hear, like me I work for United Airlines, so we are still looking for people so come out & have fun with us cause alot of people from Milwaukee that I know of go to work in Chicago every day so check it out.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

andres farfan in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

I am interested in applying for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dale in Floral City, Florida

79 months ago

bob rezuan in Shah Alam, Malaysia said: i'm ramp agent for airasia . is there anything anybody like to ask ?

Can you run me through your duties from when you get a new plane rolling in till it departs. I've applied to United Airlines. Thanks for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MAURICE TITUS in Sellersburg, Indiana

78 months ago

IF U GET A NEW PLANE PULLING IN YOUR GATE OR BEFORE IT GETS TO YOUR GATE, ALWAYS HAVE YOUR PAPER WORK READY & CHECK THE FLIGHT TIME MEANING THE DEPARTURE TIME, SEE HOW MANY BAGS ARE GOING ON & MAKE SURE YOUR LEAD IS THERE AT ALL TIMES & MAKE SURE YOUR BAG RUNNERS ARE THERE TO PICK UP THE BAGS & MAKE SURE U LET SOMEONE KNOW IF THEY PICKED UP THE BAGS OR NOT CAUSE IT MATTERS ALOT IF U ARE TRYING TO GET THE FLIGHT OUT ON TIME SO PRETTY MUCH KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THINGS AT YOUR GATE & TAKE YOUR TIME WHEN WORKING A TRIP, IF SOMEONE SAYS " WORK FAST ", TELL THEM THIS, " SAFTEY FRIST ", TRY TO AVOID ZONE 4, ZONE 2, ZONE 6 AT ALL COST AT O'HARE...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dale in Valdosta, Georgia

78 months ago

Any of you ramp agents used your free flight benefits lately?
Is it hard to find a available flight these days non-rev.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Madison Heights, Michigan

78 months ago

Dale in Valdosta, Georgia said: Any of you ramp agents used your free flight benefits lately?
Is it hard to find a available flight these days non-rev.

I work at Northwest in Detroit it is easy to get on flights depending on senority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Parker, Colorado

78 months ago

I was just hired by United here Denver. Training starts in 2 weeks. Can anybody tell me what to expect at the beginning - what is the normal starting assignments. I assume training is part classroom and part OJT. Just kind of wondering what to expect.

MAURICE TITUS

78 months ago

Well, I've worked at United at ORD which is Chicago O'Hare, if u are a new guy working at United Airlines, rule # 1 never be late or call in sick or a no show. # 2 Drive slow & take your time when bag running or working around any aircraft.
# 3 Try not to act like a hard ass or thinking u are all that after working a few trips cause it will back fire on u fast so keep that in mind when u are working around the gate area, "oh ", listen to your board leads or the lead at the gate at all time cause if u are not there when they are looking for u, well guess what! u will get an all call around the entire United ramp area, that is wrost thing that can happen to u cause that can get u fired real fast.

# 3 Try to take some time to get to know some people on the ramp, like the guys that have been around the company for along time, just in case u need backup or get yourself in hot water cause they are the ones that have people in the company or the union that can get u off the hook.

You have six of probation, so u have 3 times & listen and follow all the rules, listen to whats going on around u, saftey is #1, relax and enjoy the ride of being a ramp agent.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nathaniel in Redondo Beach, California

63 months ago

Are their any positions available still there? I have only 7 months of ramp experience after being laid off in CAE. I'm ready for the ramp again and fighting for a open spot! If you can help me in anyway, I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

FedEx007 in Whittier, California

14 months ago

Maurice in Elm Grove, Wisconsin said: Los Angeles "LAX", Chicago O'Hare "ORD", Milwaukee "MKE", San Diego "SAN", Midway Airport "MDW", Denver "DEN", New York "LGA", Washington Dulles "IAD", most of them are on the west coast or midwest area that where u would find them, I must warn u that it takes alot skills if u want to get into the major airline players, never be afriad to tell them like it is cause that what they want to hear, like me I work for United Airlines , so we are still looking for people so come out & have fun with us cause alot of people from Milwaukee that I know of go to work in Chicago every day so check it out.....

Do you still work for United?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.