Want to buy new edition used Kettering Review Book for Neonates/Pediatrics (NPS)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 392)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Adeel RRT in Norwood, Massachusetts

70 months ago

If someone wants to sell Kettering National Seminars Neonate/Pediatric Review book, please post. I need it ASAP. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mimi in San Diego, California

70 months ago

Hi Adeel,

Did you pass the CRT & RRT? I assume you did because you want to buy the NPS Review book. :)

I'm currently an RT student (1st year). I'm just wondering if you've studied the Kettering Review for your CRT & your RRT before you licensed? Please give me some opinions on when to buy the Keterring Review book. Do you think I should buy the Kettering Review book now or should I wait until near the end of the program?

Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Hi Mimi,
I started my Kettering Review about 45 days before the end of my program. Actually I attended a 4 day seminar which was very helpful. I took my CRT three days after my graduation and written RRT and SIMS with 6 days apart each. I passed all of them in my first attempt with very good scores. If you have any other questions, I'll be more than happy to answer. GOODLUCK!

And you are very welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

henry brew, RRT-NPS in Yonkers, New York

70 months ago

HEY GUYS I HAVE THE KETTERING NATIONAL SEMINARS REVIEW BOOK AND 9 CD'S.IF U GUYS R INTERSTED LETS TALK BUSINESS. OH BY THE WAY I JUST USED IT TO PASS THE NPS EXAMINATION TODAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Nobody replied, so I ended up buying a new one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Henry, congratulations on passing your NPS exam. How was it? How long did it take for the prep.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in San Diego, California

70 months ago

Adeel RRT in Norwood, Massachusetts said: Nobody replied, so I ended up buying a new one.

Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering what do actually have to do on the SIMS portion? Are we doing that on the computer or present it in front of someone?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

henry brew, RRT-NPS in Yonkers, New York

70 months ago

the nps exam was a little tricky at times but sticking to the kettering review book help me out a lot. it took me a week and a half to study for the test, and luckily i passed it with 80%. I SO BLESSED.LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

RTPBALLER in San Diego, California

70 months ago

Katie in San Diego, California said: Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering what do actually have to do on the SIMS portion? Are we doing that on the computer or present it in front of someone?

Thanks!

The clinical Sims are done on computer. Here is some info how the test is set up. You will have differerent scenarios from post op CABG pt to child drowning. The questions will have multiple answers. But beware! Each answer is weighted differently. for each question there will be several correct answers you have to pick the best one. There is a neutral answer worth 0 points then a good answer worth 1 point better worth 2 points and best worth 3 points. As for INCORRECT asnwer is the same way. Depending on the severity, is how many points they will take away. And there is one more twist. What every decision you make will take you to the results of your decision (kinda like a flow chart). So you really have to pay attention to details like ABG results, vent settings, or pateint assesments. This is where critical thinking comes in. This test was designed to see if you understand what is going on and able to make the right decision NOT to regurgitate what you memorize.
Good luck and study hard!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

marsha in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

henry brew, RRT-NPS in Yonkers, New York said: HEY GUYS I HAVE THE KETTERING NATIONAL SEMINARS REVIEW BOOK AND 9 CD'S.IF U GUYS R INTERSTED LETS TALK BUSINESS. OH BY THE WAY I JUST USED IT TO PASS THE NPS EXAMINATION TODAY.

how much r u selling them for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mimi in San Diego, California

69 months ago

Adeel RRT in Norwood, Massachusetts said: Hi Mimi,
I started my Kettering Review about 45 days before the end of my program. Actually I attended a 4 day seminar which was very helpful. I took my CRT three days after my graduation and written RRT and SIMS with 6 days apart each. I passed all of them in my first attempt with very good scores. If you have any other questions, I'll be more than happy to answer. GOODLUCK!

And you are very welcome.

Thank you for the info. Did you buy the whole package from Kettering? CRT+RRT+SIMS + audio? Did you use other material to help you pass all of that?

AB in Jamaica, New York

69 months ago

Henry email me at questnyc@tmail.com if youre still selling the kettering cd's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marsha in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

marsha in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: how much r u selling them for?

Hi Henry,
I just ordered the books online, but thank you anyway for your time.

Carrie Neddenriep in Lincoln, Nebraska

69 months ago

I am interested in purchasing the kettering cd's for the CRT/RRT and SIMS. Anyone wanting to sell theirs? Please let me know! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doris in Houston, Texas

69 months ago

Anybody selling the NPS review book and CD's? I am very interested in buying them.

jmray in Mundelein, Illinois

69 months ago

Hi, I am a former RRT, having just lost my credentials and my job because of the new NBRC CEU program/laws. I graduated with honors in my RRT eligible program, took the CRT one month out of school, and a year later I took the RRT on my own. (I was a firm believer in being at the top of our field, constantly looking to better myself as a therapist).

The NBRC apparently enacted the CEU program (they don't call them CEU's, just another source of confusion) in November of 2002, and neglected to make their law clear to their new therapists. Even now, few are aware of what is required. A number of us (newly credentialed therapists) walked around asking hospital management and veteren therapists what it all meant, never getting a proper answer because the law did not apply to them. Did this mean that we had to get the NBRC CEUs in addition to out state CEUs? Why did we have an expiration date on our credentialing cards while no one else did? Even now, after having just lost everything, therapist everywhere are confused when I tell them my story. My former boss and his girlfriend are both on the Illinois Board for Respiratory Care and they had no idea about any of this when it started happening.

I know that Advance magazine did an article on losing our credentials, but even the author is incorrect when she implies that there isn't much in the way of consequences to losing our NBRC credentials- because all hospitals (in my state anyhow) require those credentials to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Sorry... I'm taking up soooo much space telling this story!!

I digress. My credentials expired on June 30th of this year. I recieved ONE rather ambiguous postcard from the NBRC, although they insist that they sent out a postcard one year ago also. Can anyone tell me why they couldn't spend 40 cents to mail out a LETTER instead of a postcard, given the importance of such a document?? It's as if they purposely send out a get-lost postcard to ensure that you will have to pay them the $900 to get your credentials back!!!

Not knowing that my life was about to fall apart, I logged into the website EIGHT days late to type the CEUs that I already had done for the state of Illinois, only to be told that my credentials had expired. I called the NBRC to find out what was going on, and they told me that I had two years to retake these now mandatory exams, that I would have to pay close to $900 to regain my now useless credentials, and that they would report to the STate of Illinois after two years, thus losing my Respiratory license as well. (They've later recanted this last bit, they have no hold over my Illinois license.)

Devestated, I reached out to all that I knew in high places (therapists on the AARC, ISRC, etc). They tried desperately to help, but the NBRC refuses to budge. Secondary to my reaching out for help from these higher ups, they became aware of my non-credentialed self and I was let go from my job. I was refused unemployment, it's my fault that I didn't keep my credentials up to date.

So now, nearly six years after graduation, I am studying to retake my boards, an unemployed single mother, trying desperately to summon up the money to take my boards so that I can work again. Worse, about six months ago, I unloaded all of my respiratory books, kettering seminar stuff, and so have nothing to study from.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me by letting me borrow their kettering CRT book? or to sell it to me cheaply??

69 months ago

I would be forever indebted!!! I was a really really good therapist (just ask any of my patients!) and this has just got to be the worst situation ever!!

To say that I hate the NBRC would be putting it lightly, and I will only be taking the CRT board exam (AGAIN!!), not the RRT... I refuuuuuuuse to hand over a dime more to the NBRC than absolutely necessary to get me working again. Money grubbing soul-less.

Thanks for listening to this saga, please help...
Jen in chicago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Mount Vernon, Illinois

69 months ago

I graduate in May '09, looking for Kettering or some type of study material. Desperately need but am single mom, need it fairly cheap. Sorry. My program is good but both our main instructors have had major health issues (cancer, one went thru his 4th bout of sepsis, we tell him his cat lives are ending and he's had cancer surgery too). Our class is now struggling, we're fuzzy on Mech Vent I, I can't afford not to get this and pass boards.

Anyone have materials, tips, tricks, prayers, white light please feel free to pass them on! vrw436@yahoo.com
Victoria

Yesenia Medina in Hanover Park, Illinois

68 months ago

henry brew, RRT-NPS in Yonkers, New York said: HEY GUYS I HAVE THE KETTERING NATIONAL SEMINARS REVIEW BOOK AND 9 CD'S.IF U GUYS R INTERSTED LETS TALK BUSINESS. OH BY THE WAY I JUST USED IT TO PASS THE NPS EXAMINATION TODAY.

What are u selling it for?

Rubyred1 in San Antonio, Texas

68 months ago

Hi, I need the Ketterings to take the RRT and Clinical sims, I take the written part next week so need it ASAP. For how much are you selling it? :)

doris in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

Yesenia Medina in Hanover Park, Illinois said: What are u selling it for?

how much are u asking for the review book and Cd's? I am interested.

Lindy in San Antonio, Texas

68 months ago

Are you wanting to sell your Kettering NPS materials? I may be interested.

Brittany in Rochester, New York

68 months ago

I am looking to buy the full Kettering study set, asap. How much are you asking for?

Carmela in Phoenix, Arizona

68 months ago

I'm also looking for the Kettering NPS study material if anyone wants to sell their set? I just passsed my RRT so it's time to start studying for the next test :)

sofora in Aptos, California

67 months ago

Hi, is this still available?? Sofora 831- four-one-nine-9243

sofora in Aptos, California

67 months ago

The person selling the Kettering materiel does not respond. Obviously they are sold but he doesn't post that info.

Carolyn in Fresno, California

67 months ago

Anyone selling your Kettering system, I am looking for one. Please let me know. Give me a price.

liz in Pembroke, Georgia

66 months ago

hey do you still have those books and cd's? I would be interested in buying them.

henry brew,rrt-nps in Yonkers, New York

66 months ago

no sorry i sold them already.

me

65 months ago

I have a hard time with the CRT exam taking. I am currently studying for my crt and paid $19.00 per month for a tutorial online study course. I have my exam in 2 weeks. I graduated over 2 years ago and for medical reasons I havent been able to work etc. I have studied and failed the exam last month with the kettering books. I need more actual test help and kettering only offers a couple pratice test booklets that once you take them there done. Try tutorialsystems.com it has reviews with exams at the end to help you in test taking. The price is WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY cheaper than kettering and has more test instead of just reading books.

karla in Jamaica, New York

64 months ago

me said: I have a hard time with the CRT exam taking. I am currently studying for my crt and paid $19.00 per month for a tutorial online study course. I have my exam in 2 weeks. I graduated over 2 years ago and for medical reasons I havent been able to work etc. I have studied and failed the exam last month with the kettering books. I need more actual test help and kettering only offers a couple pratice test booklets that once you take them there done. Try tutorialsystems.com it has reviews with exams at the end to help you in test taking. The price is WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY cheaper than kettering and has more test instead of just reading books.

do you have the ketterings ? can i buy them from you?

CN in Orange, California

63 months ago

Carrie Neddenriep in Lincoln, Nebraska said: I am interested in purchasing the kettering cd's for the CRT/RRT and SIMS. Anyone wanting to sell theirs? Please let me know! Thanks!

hi i have a brand new home study guide for kettering. let me know if u are interested in purchasing. thanks

amudhan pugalenthi in rivere dge, New Jersey

63 months ago

can you e mai me the details and the cost

63 months ago

CN in Orange, California said: hi i have a brand new home study guide for kettering. let me know if u are interested in purchasing. thanks

can u e mail me the cost

63 months ago

CN in Orange, California said: hi i have a brand new home study guide for kettering. let me know if u are interested in purchasing. thanks

can i buy them

Carolyn in Fresno, California

63 months ago

Very interested. How much?

Lungfixer in Rockwall, Texas

63 months ago

henry brew, RRT-NPS in Yonkers, New York said: HEY GUYS I HAVE THE KETTERING NATIONAL SEMINARS REVIEW BOOK AND 9 CD'S.IF U GUYS R INTERSTED LETS TALK BUSINESS.

This is probably a waste of time since your post was SIX MONTHS ago, but I would like to purchase your NPS material.

Please advise

Lungfixer@gmail.com

Lungfixer in Rockwall, Texas

63 months ago

PLEASE DISREGARD POST ABOVE...

Found out my employer reimburses 100% of the cost not only for the exam fee, but study materials as well!! So since they're picking up the tab I ordered brand new material straight from Kettering!!

JKL in Las Vegas, Nevada

63 months ago

i wanna know if your still selling books and the 9 cd's?? how much?? reply asap PLEASE..

john in Derby, Kansas

62 months ago

whats the passing grade for written RRT test

NapierRRT in Greenville, Kentucky

62 months ago

do you still have the books

henry brew in Yonkers, New York

62 months ago

ATTENTION TO ALL MY FELLOW INDDED BLOGGERS.!!
guys, i know times are hard and money might be a little low, but i honestly think it's NOT fair for us to download for free someones hard work. lets think if it were to be us on the other end of the stick. Putiing all are hardwork and time into making a book and cd, just for someone to ripp them and download for free.!!that wouldn't be fair.I'm an RRT-NPS and i paid for my materials from kettering. i know the materials are sometimes expensive, but lets be honest. They help us pass these CHALLENGING exams and so they are WORTH every penny of it. long story short, lets just be fair here. cuz if we all want to become respiratory therapist and etc. then we have to invest our money and time. THANK YOU!!!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stu Pidasso in Phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

henry brew in Yonkers, New York said:
<SNIP> i paid for my materials from kettering. i know the materials are sometimes expensive, but lets be honest. They help us pass these CHALLENGING exams and so they are WORTH every penny of it. long story short, lets just be fair here.

Wait, so you dont have an issue with someone who purchased the material from Kettering, then SOLD it to someone else (screwing Kettering out of any profit from a potential sale of new material)...but you have an issue with someone who purchased the material and SHARES IT FOR FREE? What about the person who LENDS their material to someone else in their Respiratory Dept? Are you going to take issue with them?

So who exactly are you trying to be "fair" to...Because whether you buy someone else's material, or "borrow" it (via download or person-to-person), Kettering will never see a FU*KING DIME of the money.

61 months ago

My point is...if you're going to remove a post because its infringing on Kettering's "hard work"...then why not remove the ones where individuals are bypassing Kettering and selling the material simply to re-coup a portion of their initial expense.

jmray69 in Vernon Hills, Illinois

61 months ago

Right, stu... and exactly why is it that kettering is the only organization that gets to make money off of practitioners board exams? (oh- besides the blood sucking NBRC vampires) Having once paid for the kettering materials, it becomes no different than any other source of media that can be redistributed- whether its for money or not.
I just had to retake my board exams (lost my credentials due to NBRC fascists), and paid for and attended the seminar years ago. I had no idea that I would have to retake my board exams, and so threw out the materials. I was so angry (just in general about the whole situation, but...)that I had to repurchase the materials this time, and thank goodness that I was able to get them inexpensively off of ebay.
And a word about kettering- they take the board exams, and submit questions to the NBRC for board exams, but the actual material in their study books has not changed in, like, 10 years. When I retook my CRT this last december (after having taken the kettering seminar 7 yrs ago, and taking a kettering RRT class in school, and passing the CRT in 2002, the RRT in 2003, and now rebuying and commiting to memory every word in the study guides AGAIN for the CRT), I BARELY passed the exam, and believe me it was not for lack of studying. The questions that were on my exam were simply NOT in the study guides!! NOT really a big surprise considering that the NBRC continues to entertain new questions constantly for its matrix, but the kettering material has not introduced anything new in years. They contiune to take in boatloads of money....

Exactly, why, Henry, do we all have to pay sooooo much money to take our board exams and in preparation for them? I've paid over $1400 just to be a CRT again, make that $1800 to $2100 to become a RRT again (extra money is for kettering RRT materials), and I pay the NBRC yearly, my license every other year, some pay for CEUS yearly, blah blah AND how much do we make for all of this?

henry brew in Yonkers, New York

61 months ago

i dont think u really understood what i was SAYING.!! I could CARE less if someone borrowed the material from someone else or sold it to a friend or whatever!!. HEY, thats fine wit me. PPL have the right to sell their material, cuz it belongs to them and they can do wit them whatever they please. i just have problem wit ppl giving the material away for free, while other like me and a few are trying to sell their materials here. THATS ALL.!! how would u feel if u sold something and i posted it up for it to be downloaded for FREE. i know u wouldn't like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

henry brew in Yonkers, New York said: PPL have the right to sell their material, cuz it belongs to them and they can do wit them whatever they please.

Apparently, YOU didn't understand what I was saying.

Your statement above contradictory. If someone has the right to sell their material because, according to you, "it belongs to them"...then by that same token an individual should have the right to (again according to you) "do wit them whatever they please"....and what they please is to share it for free!!

If you're going to set a precedent, EVERYONE gets to follow it.

RT-Hopeful in San Bernardino, California

61 months ago

Sharing or letting someone borrower or even giving it physically away is not the same as letting people copy or download for free. I am almost sure that as with any other computer program or cd/dvd, there should be some sort of language somewhere prohibiting someone from doing such. Unless it is actually free/shareware.

As I have no first hand knowledge of the material, I could be mistaken, however....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linsensing agreement in Kent, Ohio

61 months ago

It's against the law to rip and share or sell other peoples/entities copyrighted material. It is a different matter when you sell a used book because the book itself is your property, you cannot reprint the material in the book and redistribute those copies however.

I'm in shock that someone even thinks it's acceptable to distribute copyrighted material. You would feel much differently if you had developed a product and people were copying it and distributing it for free or for their own profit. Just because it has to do with learning a subject doesn't mean no laws apply to the product. The same rules apply to it as a Disney or Sony product would.

You better hope Kettering attorneys don't come across your post because it is definitely a crime.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.