Failed the clin sims. Sadly, I didn't thinkt he test was that hard

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

RespTherT in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

I did great on information gathering, in fact missed almost none of the things I needed. I failed greatly on decision making. I got about 55% and I needed 65% to pass. The sad thing is I work in the field as a CRT and have about a year experience. Even crazier?? I just got an amazing yearly review. I'm considered good at my job at work!

Ugh I'm so disappointed in myself. I just got tripped up on a few key areas. I didn't feel like they were that tricky. The software is atrocious. Every word is so huge on the screen that scrolling between the options was an exercise in frustration for me. But beyond that I thought the questions were fair. More importantly, I THOUGHT I WAS RIGHT!

Here's one thing that drove me nuts: They asked me about what I need to have ready for extubation three times on three different problems. Three times. Now this may not seem like a big deal but i wanted to pick everything, and DID! I was obviously wrong. You need cool mist and all that stuff, but should I have all the equipment ready in case they need to reintubate? Did they give me points for knowing I'd need equipment if they need to reintubate? Or dock me because they thought I didn't know the difference between extubation and intubation. Racemic epi? I know it's indicated for stridor which occurs after extubation, but an argument can be made NOT to pick it because it's not ordered thus not indicated. I dunno so lost.

I did Kettering and did great on the RRT Written test (I thought it was deceptively easy actually). This test wasn't that hard. I just don't know what to study or how to improve. I did all 32 Kettering problems and they're now expired. Do I buy them again? I really don't think they helped me out/ I don't even know where I went wrong. I'm so lost and confused. Part of me wants to take it again in a week and another part thinks I should wait, study, and take my time. Maybe a month? Advice, comments, criticisms are welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ssandoval_10@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona

16 months ago

I too failed the clim sims on decision making... Can somebody please help??? I have 10 months to pass this. I do not want to retake all 3 tests again. Please help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RespTherT in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Ssandoval_10@yahoo.com in Phoenix, Arizona said: I too failed the clim sims on decision making... Can somebody please help??? I have 10 months to pass this. I do not want to retake all 3 tests again. Please help!!

I passed the second time. I would recommend getting those Kettering problems and doing them. A LOT. Any specific questions just ask.

I'm happy to say I re-took the sims last week and passed with flying colors on my second attempt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.