Job outlook for Respiratory Therapy in Georgia?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Melody2013 in Atlanta, Georgia

15 months ago

I am applying to this program and am hoping to get accepted to the bachelors program for fall 2013. I am also worried about this career because every where online says that this career is saturating, but those posts were from two years and beyond ago. How is the career now that it is 2013? How about jobs in Georgia? Anyone not satisfied being a RRT? Also, what's the average salary that New graduates get start off with?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

New Grad in Vienna, Virginia

15 months ago

I wouldn't be concerned about the job market. If you look at most of these individuals grammar and spelling, I wouldn't hire them either; half of them cannot even formulate a sentence. "R U SERIOUS," does not qualify as proper English, regardless if the comment is posted online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jrmavc in you'll never know, California

15 months ago

New Grad in Vienna, Virginia said: I wouldn't be concerned about the job market. If you look at most of these individuals grammar and spelling, I wouldn't hire them either; half of them cannot even formulate a sentence. "R U SERIOUS," does not qualify as proper English, regardless if the comment is posted online.

When people are passionate about something, even being negative, they will tend to misspell things.

Keep a positive attitude and never give up. Realistically in the US finding a job as an RT is very difficult these days because of all the trade schools pumping out RTs. The major places that I know still hire RTs are Ohio, Washington State and Indiana.

I myself got a license in Seattle, WA but couldn't handle being away from my family so left that position after 2 months. After that I found a job in my home state of California. The position in Seattle was per diem and so is the one in California.

It took me 2 years to find these two jobs after graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Socal Kimi in West Covina, California

14 months ago

jrmavc in you'll never know, California said: When people are passionate about something, even being negative, they will tend to misspell things.

Keep a positive attitude and never give up. Realistically in the US finding a job as an RT is very difficult these days because of all the trade schools pumping out RTs. The major places that I know still hire RTs are Ohio, Washington State and Indiana.

I myself got a license in Seattle, WA but couldn't handle being away from my family so left that position after 2 months. After that I found a job in my home state of California. The position in Seattle was per diem and so is the one in California.

It took me 2 years to find these two jobs after graduation.

I am curious as to what school you went to? I am wrapping up my prerequisites at Mt. Sac, with the hopes to get into the RT program next fall.

I come on here periodically and read the boards and admittedly it can be quite discouraging.
I know these private/for profit schools are pumping out new grads left and right, that's obviously a huge factor.

I would think the school would have an impact on hiring?

Admittedly, I am a little nervous about RT because of the job situation, I hope things turn around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Socal Kimi in West Covina, California

14 months ago

Socal Kimi in West Covina, California said: I am curious as to what school you went to? I am wrapping up my prerequisites at Mt. Sac, with the hopes to get into the RT program next fall.

I come on here periodically and read the boards and admittedly it can be quite discouraging.
I know these private/for profit schools are pumping out new grads left and right, that's obviously a huge factor.

I would think the school would have an impact on hiring?

Admittedly, I am a little nervous about RT because of the job situation, I hope things turn around.

*I meant the school a person graduates from, would be a determining factor, for getting a job*??

mytwoboysmom in Dallas, Georgia

14 months ago

Melody2013 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am applying to this program and am hoping to get accepted to the bachelors program for fall 2013. I am also worried about this career because every where online says that this career is saturating, but those posts were from two years and beyond ago. How is the career now that it is 2013? How about jobs in Georgia? Anyone not satisfied being a RRT? Also, what's the average salary that New graduates get start off with?

Thanks

I am also trying to get into a program. There are only 17 schools in the state of Georgia that do RT. Most of them take only 12/15 students per year. Georgia State is the largest in the Atlanta area, they take 40. I don't know about University of Georgia, they are over 4 hours from my home, so I would not be able to go there anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Narditorino in West Covina, California

13 months ago

Socal kimi, I actually finished all my prerequisites at Mtsac years ago and I was in the waitlist for RRT and finally, just last week I received a letter of acceptance from them to start this August semester for the program. I'm very excited but at the same time worried that there might not be many jobs available when I graduate. I have a handful of friends that graduated from Mt.sac just recently and some got per diem jobs and others are still looking. Those that were hired per diem jobs were getting canceled most of the time. Partly due to those private schools producing so many RRT students and most of them are not that knowledgeable compared to the education and experience they learn from a community college like Mt.sac. Its depressing.

Melany Moore in atlanta, Georgia

13 months ago

mytwoboysmom in Dallas, Georgia said: I am also trying to get into a program. There are only 17 schools in the state of Georgia that do RT. Most of them take only 12/15 students per year. Georgia State is the largest in the Atlanta area, they take 40. I don't know about University of Georgia, they are over 4 hours from my home, so I would not be able to go there anyway.

I just got accepted to GSU's program and I start in the fall. But, I am attending summer school because I have to take the introduction class and other prerequisites. GSU accepts applicants every Spring. You should try applying there.

13 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: You guys should not be discouraged. There are a lot of other careers that people don't have very good reviews about. If you guys are going for a Bachelors in Respiratory, that is great for soon, I believe that will be a requirement in the field.

I am a RRT and love my job. It is stressful some times, but I really like the things I do for the patients. I work ICU most often, so it is different from working on the floors only and passing nebs.

Pursue your dreams of becoming a RRT. No career is really easy out there, but this is a good career. And if you get accepted and about to start your first semester, email me and I can help you in school to do well. My email is ebusiness66@yahoo.com.

Thanks, I got accepted and will appreciate it if I can get all of the help that I can.

Socal Kimi in Glendora, California

13 months ago

Narditorino in West Covina, California said: Socal kimi, I actually finished all my prerequisites at Mtsac years ago and I was in the waitlist for RRT and finally, just last week I received a letter of acceptance from them to start this August semester for the program. I'm very excited but at the same time worried that there might not be many jobs available when I graduate. I have a handful of friends that graduated from Mt.sac just recently and some got per diem jobs and others are still looking. Those that were hired per diem jobs were getting canceled most of the time. Partly due to those private schools producing so many RRT students and most of them are not that knowledgeable compared to the education and experience they learn from a community college like Mt.sac. Its depressing.

Wow, thanks for the response. Are you going to accept the offer for the program?

Narditorino in West Covina, California

12 months ago

Socal Kimi in Glendora, California said: Wow, thanks for the response. Are you going to accept the offer for the program?

Yes, I definitely will. I am also in the waitlist at Santa ana college for the OTA program which will start after my RT program. I suggest everyone to look into OTA as the jobs looks great. More jobs available than they are producing students. My cousin is an OT and he said, there is a huge shortage of OTAs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

ebusiness66ATyahooDOTcom in Houston, Texas said: Have you started your RT program yet? When does your first semester of school start?

Email me at ebusiness66@yahoo.com, so I can tell you how to sail very easily through RT school.

I am taking the intro class now, but the real deal starts in the fall.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.