What is the best online review site to help me pass my CRT exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 250)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Christina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

77 months ago

I found a website that had a review that was paid for by the month, you could use it for as long as you wanted. Unfortunately I lost the link and I really wanted to try it. Does anyone know what this website may be? Any other suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (141) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

No Comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

jay in Bowie, Maryland said: use the website didn't help pass the CRT test.

Have you passed it yet what did you use as a study guide? Why do you think this site didnt help you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Bowie, Maryland

77 months ago

Are you working towards the rrt now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vikki in Mount Sinai, New York

77 months ago

Kettering Seminars. Get the homestudy program u get tapes, a bk & practice test. After you pass the test u can use the guides to study for the RRT. They also have online practice exams for the RRT CSE.

I tried the Tutorial Systems & didn't pass only after Kettering did I pass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jacqueline

77 months ago

Lindsey Jones CRT & RRT written review is the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Thanks, for all of your replies, i'm going to look up Kettering tomorrow. If anyone has any other sites, please post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WILLIAMS in Parkville, Maryland

76 months ago

Try TO USE ENTRY LEVEL RESPIARTORY BOOK. i PASS FRIST TIME GOOD LUCK. kETTERING IS ALL SO GOOD. pray and relax the night before do not cram.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

TRY KETTERING IT IS THE BEST ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

where did you get the book who is the author?

76 months ago

I would like to try them I have a set of books but they are very old I need the new edition any suggestions where I could get them used?

76 months ago

JUST CALL SCHOOL AND SEE IF YOU CAN USE THEM TO DO THE SIMINEARS FOR FREE SINCE YOU HAVENOT PASS YET. They should be eager to help. I am Currently, using mines to prepare for RRT. The old books are very simiar I heard. Still, study them you can never study too much. Have faith and never be discouarged. Maybe, you can up the go and place a flyer on use kettering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

KEttering seminars gives you the books. GOOGLE kETTERING SEMINARS FOR RESPIRATORY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

henry brew in Yonkers, New York

72 months ago

hey did anyone checkout the kettering website, maybe its me but its been down for a 2 days now does anyone know whats going on

Ron in Victorville, California

72 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Site is down. Anyone on why?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Here is their number
Toll-Free: 800.445.0860 Fax: 937.433.3510.

Trudi in West Palm Beach, Florida

72 months ago

Been calling they are not answering either... that is pretty weird.
NBRC has a free practice test and for 40 bucks (RRT written and CRT you can buy a Self Assessment test and 60 bucks the Clin Sims)I have a friend thatdid both that and the Kettering and passed all on first try, many others in my graduationg class did just Kettering all have passed so far all tests most of them on the first try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Interesting. Maybe they went under. Been seeing this s a lot lately!

henry brew in Yonkers, New York

72 months ago

hey guys the kettering seminars website is back temporarily, i guess they were out of power because of the hurricane ike that hit dayton, ohio. and they said they will be fully operational by monday the 22 of september 2008. hey thank u guys for checking this thing out with me. u guys r cool.

ovalerie in Sacramento, California

72 months ago

I also used the website and it did not help me pass the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karl in Dayton, Ohio

72 months ago

The Kettering offices, including our website server, lost all power again on Sunday, Sept 21, 2008. Our phones are also not working. We will be running the server on a generator between the hours of 9am and 5pm EST, until power is restored, after which the website will be available 24/7. All of this is due to the remnants of Ike which blasted our area last weekend and cut off power to almost a million customers in southwestern Ohio alone. We certainly apologize for this huge inconvenience to those of you who wish to access the website. Thanks to all of you who have successfully used are materials and are letting others know about us. We greatly appreciate it!

BBC in Washington, District of Columbia

71 months ago

www.tutorialsystems.com

Christina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I found a website that had a review that was paid for by the month, you could use it for as long as you wanted. Unfortunately I lost the link and I really wanted to try it. Does anyone know what this website may be? Any other suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Crofton, Kentucky

71 months ago

I have been a respiratory therapist for 14 years and I took the Kettering Review. I am sure they have an online site by now.
I passed the CRT with it and will use it again for RRT.

Good luck

Mimi in San Diego, California

71 months ago

Hello everyone,

I'm currently an RT student (1st year). Any suggestions on when is a time for me to buy the Kettering Review package? Should I buy it now and start reviewing or should I wait until near graduation date?

Will the Kettering Review package stay the same within another year if I want to buy it now?

Thanks

kimmys in Crofton, Kentucky

71 months ago

Look it up online to be sure. Just try Kettering.com or google it. I am sure I was told they have an extensive web site. I will check as well and post any further info I can find. If you take the exam, it is irrelevant the modality that you use. Online or in person at one of the seminars.

You will pass the test if you take the Kettering review.

good luck

henry brew, RRT in Raleigh, North Carolina

71 months ago

Hey i if u ask me i thnk u should buy the kettering books now. cuz it will show u exactly what to study and exactly what u need to know for the board exams. prepare now and when time comes u will be confident enough. and who knows the way things r going these days kettering might just increase the prices on their materials. so my thing is get it at least 5 months before graduation and study the whole book, and u will be fine. trust me i've been there before. just have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!!.

walter estrada in Lake Worth, Florida

71 months ago

Mimi in San Diego, California said: Hello everyone,

I'm currently an RT student (1st year). Any suggestions on when is a time for me to buy the Kettering Review package? Should I buy it now and start reviewing or should I wait until near graduation date?

Will the Kettering Review package stay the same within another year if I want to buy it now?

Thanks

im a new graduate . i passed my CRT exam on the first try .. i used the kettering review which i concider the best of the best .. u dont have to buy now .however , make sure u buy it . it did help me

Mimi in San Diego, California

71 months ago

henry brew, RRT in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hey i if u ask me i thnk u should buy the kettering books now. cuz it will show u exactly what to study and exactly what u need to know for the board exams. prepare now and when time comes u will be confident enough. and who knows the way things r going these days kettering might just increase the prices on their materials. so my thing is get it at least 5 months before graduation and study the whole book, and u will be fine. trust me i've been there before. just have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!!.

Thanks! I will order Kettering 5 months before graduation.

chacko mathai RRT NPS in Jackson Heights, New York

70 months ago

I THINK THE BEST REVIEW IS BY LINDSEY-JONES

VISIT THE WEBSITE, THEY HAVE BOOKS AND CD'S FOR CRT AND RRT(SIMULATIONS ALSO)

lindsey-jones.com/

THEY OFFER IS THE BEST RESPIRATORY THERAPY REVIEW COURSE.GOOD LUCK!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rubyred1 in San Antonio, Texas

70 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a recent Kettering Review (cds, books, etc.) Im taking the written and clinical sims next week so needed ASAP. If you do how much will you be willing to sell it for.? Thanks :)

mc in Spring Hill, Florida

70 months ago

Christina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Thanks, for all of your replies, i'm going to look up Kettering tomorrow. If anyone has any other sites, please post.

have you taken the kettering review? i am thinking about taking it and get the crt.

Toots in Woburn, Massachusetts

69 months ago

Christina in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I found a website that had a review that was paid for by the month, you could use it for as long as you wanted. Unfortunately I lost the link and I really wanted to try it. Does anyone know what this website may be? Any other suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tutorialsystems.com/index.cfm?page=testimonials

jmray in Mundelein, Illinois

69 months ago

Hi guys, I took the kettering seminar when I was first year... the hospital I was doing clinicals at was holding the seminar, and all of their therapists were already RRT'd, so they let me "sit in" for two days (even gave me the books!) Wasn't that nice? Unfortunately, I really had NO IDEA what they were talking about, we hadn't really gone over xrays or hemodynamics yet in school, so a lot of it was not useful to take early. Wait until you are at least midway through second year so that you have a grasp of everything they are talking about.
Honestly, the only thing that helped me pass my RRT and sims was the kettering (for some reason we were given the home study RRT books as part of our schooling, as part of a class on the RRT exam last semester) (Wasn't that nice? LOL)
And now that I am retaking my boards to recredential myself, I am so thankful to have them again, it's waaaaay to much information to try and go through oneself, the books/tapes/cds/seminars really help you focus.

sofora in Aptos, California

69 months ago

Hi, is anyone selling their Kettering materials for the RRT exam, I am interested in buying used as I am on a budget. Thank You. 831-Four one nine-9243

Goose23 in Valencia, California

68 months ago

yes im intested as welll.. if you have the deluxe set email me.. ogterry1985@yahoo.com

henroc in Yonkers, New York

67 months ago

yeah sinceu already passed the crt u should just study a ittle bit more and trust me u would be ok. know ur diseases, how to recognize them and how to treat them. also learn ur calculations and the simple way of solving them. i used kettering seminar review book. so i would suggest u do too. its really helpful and u would have a 90% chance of passing so there u go. goodluck and stay focused and u will be fine

Rocky in Tracy, California

67 months ago

I found that when there is both an low oxygenation and high PaCO2 on a vent problem kettering solves oxygen 1st then CO2, while lindsey- solves CO2 problem 1st. I have always learned solve oxygen problem 1st. What can I expect on clin-sims? any help would be appreciated. I did pass WRRT and CRT on solving oxygenation 1st but you never know!!!

henry brew rrt-nps in Brooklyn, New York

66 months ago

Always solve oxygen first. just like u have been doing. with the clinical sims. always solve ur pao2 first when its low. and monitor ur paco2 level. but dont forget about the copd pateint who comes in with a high paco2 and a low pao2. always know ur disease, its symptoms, and off course how to treat it. oh and do the same for babies and pediatrics. cus u will get 1 baby or 1 peds patient. or even a pregnant mother. u might also get these common diseases ( drowning patient, heart attack-emergency, croup-peds, epliglotitis-peds, Copd, asthma, post surgery patient, and etc..and know ur drugs. i mean the usual. albuterol, epinephrine, etc. heart drugs and lung drugs too. and once u know these trust me u will be ready to go. i also suggest u use kettering clinical sims review book and buy their tokens to practice their sample of sims online. that helps a lot. And remember u can always do it. if people like other and i have, trust me u can. 1 word CONFIDENCE!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rocky in Tracy, California

66 months ago

Thanks henry this is a big help
I will try to have the confidence

RyBear33 in San Diego, California

66 months ago

I would suggest Gary Persing!
Just google his name or on Amazon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Margaux in Greenville, North Carolina

66 months ago

yes Kettering is wonderful! Just make sure you take the exam shortly after you use the review so it is fresh! get the audio lecture too! I listened to it on the way to the exam site. good refresher!

Alexia in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

Lindsey Jones...i think it is also great......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

frank in Delhi, Louisiana

66 months ago

Sheena in Heflin, Louisiana said: I finally passed my CRT on the 5th attempt but i live in louisiana and they have a rule that you have to pass the CRT test on the fourth attepmt or you cant get your license until you become RRT. I really think that is unfair but its the rule. i am now about to try and take the RRT. Do anyone have any advice so that i can hurry up and pass this test before i have to move to another state like texas that does not have that rule? i applied for a texas license and they are on the way. but i really dont want to drive to texas. any advise?

i also have the same problem trying to pass the rrt any suggestion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Max Flow in Madison, Wisconsin

65 months ago

WILLIAMS in Parkville, Maryland said: Try TO USE ENTRY LEVEL RESPIARTORY BOOK. i PASS FRIST TIME GOOD LUCK. kETTERING IS ALL SO GOOD. pray and relax the night before do not cram.

gOOD LuK fINDING JOB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pearlmcgee in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

63 months ago

frank in Delhi, Louisiana said: i also have the same problem trying to pass the rrt any suggestion

Hi Sheena,
I have taken the CRT four times and only have one more time to take and pass it. You mentioned you had taken it five times. Can you tell me where it is that let you take it a fifth time, and any other helpful information you can give will be greatly appreciated. I live in louisiana and need and alternative if I don't pass o the fourth try. pearlmcgee@bellsouth.net
Thanks, Pearl McGee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sha0620 in Atlanta

61 months ago

jay in Bowie, Maryland said: Christina I have taken the CRT but haven't yet pass, still trying to pass it. Mel I am still trying to pass my CRT before I could consider working towards the RRT, have you taken the CRT exam?

Hey did you pass the crt exam yet? If not, there a flashcards I used that helped me... www.flashcardsecrets.com

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sha0620 in Atlanta

61 months ago

frank in Delhi, Louisiana said: i also have the same problem trying to pass the rrt any suggestion

www.flachcardsecrets.com $40 1 year money back guarantee!

Good luck!

Glen in Tampa in Dunedin, Florida

60 months ago

Always remember the sequence
1. Ventillation (CO2)
2. Oxygenation (PaO2)
3. Circulation (Chest compression)
4. Perfussion (Blood to tissues)

Now, no matter what scenario you are given, ex. if the PO2 is low (less than 80) and CO2 is above 35 (acidic). Deal with VENTILLATION

Rocky in Tracy, California said: Thanks henry this is a big help
I will try to have the confidence

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Glen in Tampa in Dunedin, Florida

60 months ago

Sha0620 in Atlanta said: www.flachcardsecrets.com $40 1 year money back guarantee!

Good luck!

Take Kettering for the CRT and Written Registry. For the Sims, go for Lindsey Jones. I took all tests only once.

How to study for CRT and Registry.....study the kettering book from cover to cover for 1 week before taking the test. And then for you sims, take 3 days and practice Lindsey Jone sims over and over again and you will get the picture. Lindsey Jones sims will tell you the reason why your answers are wrong and why your answers are right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.