hiring by restaurants

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

airwolfcare in Akron, Ohio

72 months ago

I have been in the restaurant business for 29 years and have not found it hard to get hired until now. What is up with these managers and owners? I have been back for a while from California and am finding it hard to get hired. I have done every position in the restaurant except owner. I think that the Federal Government should quit spreading false information to scare the owners and managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Chattanooga, Tennessee

72 months ago

airwolfcare in Akron, Ohio said: I have been in the restaurant business for nearly 29 years and have never found it so to get hired. What is up with these managers or owners? I have done every position in the restaurant except owner. I have back from California for a while and have tried to get hired in a restaurant and to no avail. I have had 1 interview out of 475 applications and they told me that I was over qualified. I have the ability to take a restaurant from nothing and make it something. I have the experience.

look at it in there shoes. You are over qualified they are going to spend money on your training and they are looking for the leaset amount of turn over as posible. But you find a chef or restaurant manager job and your gone. I understand your fustration I have been in the business for 25 yrs and have owned my own place of 200 seats with 2 bars I have just moved to the area and I am having a hard time getting any work for the same reason. Its tough but keep your head up stay positive and something will happen. Good luck out there its ugly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James Howk in Saint Petersburg, Florida

67 months ago

I was in the same boat,but I got hired why timing and luck the GM was not in but, I saw a man that looked important and said I would like to work here are you the Mgr,reply No I am the Area Mgr we started talking and he was familiar with the restaurant I worked at pretty much interviewed me on the spot I was dressed nice Black Collar Shirt and my jeans were pressed and shoe shined and he scheduled an interview for me with his GM, I researched Taco Bell history I told the man interviewing things about Taco Bell he didn't know and he has worked for them 16yrs I was in the MARINES Glenn Bell was in the MARINES after WW2 Got out and started Taco Bell in Downey,CA in the 1960's and stated my purpose I don't know how to fail, but I can't control other people actions He hired me on the spot the next day, Told me they are training me here and sending me off to another store to be a Mgr. People who have jobs take them for granted even Taco Bell is fed up with poor working skills just like that, everything change yes it fast food but I will be running things and people love a military background best of luck to you. James Howk Mad Beach It is not always who you know it is also who you meet take that into consideration when your job hunting,and know what your talking about I blew this guys socks off and he gave me the position.I was looking for 2 months Dam i was freakn fed up G/F supported me for that time frame now that I am working I hit it hard ,I lead by example

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe d t in reno, Nevada

64 months ago

I am looking for someone with restaurant management background, willing and able to relocate to a small west texas town, with great family values and a slower pace. This place is fully equipped and located on of the best bass fishing lakes. This place is perfect for down home type food, country breakfast, catfish, hamburgers ect. There is a built in customer base with and total rent under $1000 per month. The ideal person would be single looking for a home with great possibilities. Much more, please contact me and leave a way to get in touch if interested. @jdtown3@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseph in O Fallon, Missouri

60 months ago

joe d t in reno, Nevada said: I am looking for someone with restaurant management background, willing and able to relocate to a small west texas town, with great family values and a slower pace. This place is fully equipped and located on of the best bass fishing lakes. This place is perfect for down home type food, country breakfast, catfish, hamburgers ect. There is a built in customer base with and total rent under $1000 per month. The ideal person would be single looking for a home with great possibilities. Much more, please contact me and leave a way to get in touch if interested. @jdtown3@yahoo.com

dear sir
my name is joseph.i have been in the restaurants for about 20 years now.i am looking to relocate to somewhere warmer.let me know where to send my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Christian Breaux in Florida, Florida

8 days ago

Working in restaurant is very creative job as there you may be chef , manager , waiter etc.

Everyone has their skills to put.

View link to know : www.orlandojobs.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.