Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing restaurant worker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Sterling, Virginia

85 months ago

check out restaurant-food.blogspot.com this blog has my thoughts about working in the business

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Austin McWatt in Oakland, California

68 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing restaurant worker work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I am a student and trying to get a part time job as a bus boy. any suggestions>

Marion in Sacramento, California

59 months ago

I started at the bottom,fast food first(teenager)then I applied for hostess/host positiond,then Dennys or Carrows or restaurants alike..from there just work your way up to nicer(more money spent)restaurants.This can be a very lucritive positions.My daughter works at a small family owned business in Newcastlle,Ca "La Fornetta" and makes at least $200 plus a nite in tips..Good Luck

George Wagner in Marietta, Georgia

47 months ago

We have created a website for beginners and professionals in the resaturant industry to create a profile, add your resume, and apply for jobs to the venues on our site.

We are based in Atlanta, and just getting started - we will are setting up to be truly nationwide soon.

Check it out and create a profile - it's free to join!

www.barshifts.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.