Getting a sales coordinator job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing sales coordinator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Zay in Bronx, New York

71 months ago

Ha...I've been a "secretary" for years...I decided to start a career in the hotel industry and I started as a housekeeper in one of the most famous and luxurious hotels in nyc...then I got a job as a housekeeping supervisor at another well known hotel...the owner was impressed with my personality and my "administration" skills and offered me the position of sales coordinator...I have to undergo intensive training, however.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

Zay in Bronx, New York said: Ha...I've been a "secretary" for years...I decided to start a career in the hotel industry and I started as a housekeeper in one of the most famous and luxurious hotels in nyc...then I got a job as a housekeeping supervisor at another well known hotel...the owner was impressed with my personality and my "administration" skills and offered me the position of sales coordinator...I have to undergo intensive training, however.

When choosing the job of Sales Coordinator did you have intentions on moving into the Sales Executive function?

For someone starting a career in hotels, would you recommend starting as a sales coordinator? I have intentions on moving into the Sales Executive function.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.