Need Sales Rep or Agency for Tee Shirt Company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Jeffrey in Sacramento, California

83 months ago

I am co-owner of a fairly new clothing company called <Edited by Host: advertisement removed> We have put most of our efforts in online sales, but have started to focus on stores. We are currently in three boutiques in Sacramento, but looking to multiply that quickly.
We're either looking for a rep or agency that handles this sort of thing that would like to add our line, a sales rep looking to make commission on a part-time basis or any help that anyone can offer in terms of how to go about finding a clothing rep. Any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CARON.BRADLEY in Helendale, California

83 months ago

I'M REPLYING TO YOUR NEED FOR A MERCHANDISER. I RESIDE IN VICTORVILLE AND I'VE BEEN A GROCERY MERCHANDISER FOR THE PAST 21 YEARS IF YOU HAVE A POSITION OPEN EMAIL ME BACK AT CARON.BRADLEY@YAHOO.COM THANKS FOR YUR TIME AND PATIENCE CARON

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Allan J. Pacente

83 months ago

Jeffrey in Sacramento, California said: I am co-owner of a fairly new clothing company called <Edited by Host: advertisement removed>. We have put most of our efforts in online sales, but have started to focus on stores. We are currently in three boutiques in Sacramento, but looking to multiply that quickly.
We're either looking for a rep or agency that handles this sort of thing that would like to add our line, a sales rep looking to make commission on a part-time basis or any help that anyone can offer in terms of how to go about finding a clothing rep. Any help would be appreciated.
Jeffery, As a seasoned professional in this field, I must tell you that straight commission in this day and age is not feasiable. If I have it correctly, you are looking for someone to pioneer a new territory. This is actually right up my alley. However, the days of the salesperson bearing the brunt of the expense to do this are long gone. It doesn't surprise me that you are having difficulty finding qualified reps. One of the tricks that was very successful in the Chicago market was to portion the area into smaller protected territories and add a regional manager to oversee the operation. Another technique that was very successful is the idea of swapping out slow moving merchandize for hotter items. By giving your sales persons this edge - it becomes very easy to obtain new customers. A point you didn't mention - what is your price category? If you are talking Nieman - Marcus territory you are indeed limiting your possible coverage. If any of these ideas are of interest - I can be contacted at chipiealandpaula@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andreww in Beverly Hills, California

81 months ago

To the owner of <Edited by Host: advertisement removed>I have been in the high end furniture business for 25 years and had many repps.Usually
a problem unless they sold things that went with the pieces i made.I sold my company and have a few very cool pieces
that would go with yours.they have never been on the market.I only worked for the rich and famous know how to have things made offshore and would like to talk.
Andreww in Beverly Hills,Ca. <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

81 months ago

Hi Andrew. I'm a little confused by your question. Are you asking if we'd be interesting in buying furniture?

bob birdsey in Meriden, Connecticut

81 months ago

I am a small rep in connecticut. I am trying to expand my coverage to all new england, but need some more product to spread expenses. allen has a good point. the rep needs some cash flow to do the marketing for a new product, so effectiveness is limited with no flow. But, if you have good marketing collateral and support, including samples, it is possible that I could get started on a limited basis for you and see where it goes, regards, Bob

CARONBRADLEY in Victorville, California

81 months ago

CARON.BRADLEY in victorville, California said: I'M REPLYING TO YOUR NEED FOR A MERCHANDISER. I RESIDE IN VICTORVILLE AND I'VE BEEN A GROCERY MERCHANDISER FOR THE PAST 24 YEARS IF YOU HAVE A POSITION OPEN EMAIL ME BACK AT CARON.BRADLEY@YAHOO.COM THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE CARON
ALSO LOOKINF TO GET INTO THE MANUFACTURING OF CLOTHING WITH CATCHEY LOGOS EMAIL BACK AT SAME ADDRESS THANKS 4/4/08

pdelaney94 in Bowling Green, Kentucky

79 months ago

Jeffrey in Sacramento, California said: I am co-owner of a fairly new clothing company called <Edited by Host: advertisement removed>. We have put most of our efforts in online sales, but have started to focus on stores. We are currently in three boutiques in Sacramento, but looking to multiply that quickly.

Hello, I have been in marketing for the last two years and think I might be able to help. Give me a call at: <Edited by Host: contact info removed>(Patrick)

76 months ago

What kind of experience do you have? Are you familiar with fashion sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Ryan,

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the message. I am going to be talking to my business partner this week than I'll give you a call. Thanks again and I'll talk to you soon.

Jeffrey

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

75 months ago

Hi Everyone, The Indeed forums are a great place for people to discuss jobs, industries, companies and such. Per our Terms of Service, please do not use the forums as a place of recruitment or to post job opportunities. In accordance with our policies, any advertising, contact info or employment offers posted on these forums will be removed.If you'd like to post your jobs on Indeed, please contact us at Sales@indeed.com for more information. Sincerely, Indeed Host

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse