Travel Surg Tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 387)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Alice in Pascagoula, Mississippi

82 months ago

I am thinking about doing a few surg tech travel assignments. Has anyone done any travel surg tech ??? What are some good companies to travel with?? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (428) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Luci in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

which i could tell you which one is really good but just call somme that are advertiesed in the AST magazine and compare. try one call Cross country. techs i've come across use all kinds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Luci in Los Angeles, California said: which i could tell you which one is really good but just call somme that are advertiesed in the AST magazine and compare. try one call Cross country. techs i've come across use all kinds.

thanks, i dont get the AST magazine. i will check to see if some of my friends get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ted mesquita in Roseville, California

82 months ago

try travel nurse magazine called healt care travel.GOOD LUCK

Kimmy in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

The AST Magazine is helpful. There are many travel companys out there. Just make sure you read everything and make sure they go over all the fine details with you before you sign. Cross Country...I think they like to try to pull a fast one on you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Appleton, Wisconsin

81 months ago

I have been traveling for a year and a half and have been with three different companies. I have found Aureus Medical to be a good company. They supply you with all of your pots and pan, linens and everything that you can think of including an ironing board and iron, garbage cans. You get the point. All the stuff that you really don't want to haul from location to location. Not all companies offer this. Their idea of a furnished appartment is a bed, table and couch. So call around, check things out. Also, I have found that there is no real amount of pay differences between the two different types of traveling companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Seattle, Washington

81 months ago

Dana in Appleton, Wisconsin said: I have been traveling for a year and a half and have been with three different companies. I have found Aureus Medical to be a good company. They supply you with all of your pots and pan, linens and everything that you can think of including an ironing board and iron, garbage cans. You get the point. All the stuff that you really don't want to haul from location to location. Not all companies offer this. Their idea of a furnished appartment is a bed, table and couch. So call around, check things out. Also, I have found that there is no real amount of pay differences between the two different types of traveling companies.

When doing a traveling agency how much do they normally pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Appleton, Wisconsin

81 months ago

It really depends on the area. I would say the range is anywhere from 18.00 to 24.00 is the norm, but take into consideration that they pay for all of your housing including utilities and insurance. I have heard of the occasional 32.00 an hour job. When I was told of that amount I was already in a contract and could not apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Seattle, Washington

81 months ago

is there other benefits too, such as 401K and health benefits? How do you like traveling so far?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Thanks so much for the info!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

doris in Jackson, Mississippi

81 months ago

hi cyndy, i need info on how to get in the CST field ,also a non-violent felony, now living in greenville, ms . please e-mail me at djpowell55@excite.com help!!! Thank doris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ken in Gardner, Kansas

80 months ago

all your comments are very helpful, how long on an average do you usually stay in one place?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Steubenville, Ohio

80 months ago

I am usualy in the same place for about six months. I have been in the same place for as long as a year and as little as three months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TIM O'NEILL in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

79 months ago

Alice in Pascagoula, Mississippi said: I am thinking about doing a few surg tech travel assignments. Has anyone done any travel surg tech ??? What are some good companies to travel with?? Thanks.

WHAT EVER YOU DO, WITH ANY TRAVEL ASSIGNMENT COMPANY, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO A HOSPITAL IN RIPON WISCONSIN, THE OPERATING ROOM MANAGER IS CRAZY AND THREATEN TO SLIT THE THROAT OF AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. 4 KEY PERONNEL FROM THE SURGERY DEPARTMENT HAVE RESIGNED BECAUSE OF HER HOSTILITIES IN THE OR DEPT. SHE COMMITTED A CRIME AND THE HOSPITAL IS NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. STAY AWAY FROM RIPON MEDICAL CENTER. PASS IT ON. THE SURGEONS ARE TAKING THERE BUSINESS ELSEWHERE UNTIL SHE IS REMOVED FROM THE HOSPITAL. IT IS A DAGEROUS PLACE TO WORK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

shellye in Columbus, Ohio

79 months ago

IF YOU GO UNDER HEALTHCARETRAVELERS.COM IT WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF COMPANIES, MY COMPANY IS SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTHCARE, BUT PLAN ON LEAVING, GREAT ON TIME PAY BUT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HEARD AUREUS, MEDSTAFF,CORE MEDICAL, AND LIQUID AGENT IS GREAT COMPANIES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

teri in Santa Barbara, California

78 months ago

give judy uschold at worldwide travel a call 866 633 3700. they are an awesome company to travel with... I have tried three or more companies and they are the best!!! 401k medical from your first day reward programs lots of things.... tell her teresa sent you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

SurgTech08 in Lewisville, North Carolina

78 months ago

When you travel, how long are you obligated to stay with that company? I guess it would depend on who the contract is with, but I wouldn't mind doing it for just a couple months here and there. Are any companys that laid back or is it kinda like "all-or-nothing" ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nanny in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

I travel with Aureus Nursing. In the past year I have been with them I have had very few complaints. The housing is top notch and the pay scale seems to be average to above. One thing I hear from Travelers the most is that they hate not being paid weekly. Aureus does pay weekly, they have pretty decent insurance, 401k, a rewards program, educational reimbursement and so forth.

To answer the question above, you are only obligated to work for the company for the specified time on your contract, usually 13 weeks. After that thirteen weeks you can choose to extend if needed, find another assignment, or take your travel reimbursement and go home.

The recruiters here are also pretty nice and work hard to place you quickly and in the location of your choice.

Myron Banta is a really nice recruiter 1-800-856-5457 ext 2120

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in San Diego, California

78 months ago

This company takes good care of its staff you will like working for them
TCMP a military contractor has a opening at the Naval Medical Center, you must have 2 years and open heart experience. Call the recruiter Carole tel: 760.466.7057

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alex in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

Marie in San Diego, California said: This company takes good care of its staff you will like working for them
TCMP a military contractor has a opening at the Naval Medical Center, you must have 2 years and open heart experience. Call the recruiter Carole tel: 760.466.7057

5 years experience
-----
5 years ortho
4 years nuero
2.5 years open heart

now i scrub in a hospital where i am on call every other week for neuro and over other week open heart.
on call on average 15 to 20 days out of the month for just open heart, then add 4 maybe 5 nights of neuro call.

my name is alex,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aprell in Raleigh, North Carolina

76 months ago

I'm looking into traveling @ the end of the year and I'm a little weary. I guess because its a change and I want to make sure I do everything right and not be screwed. Can anybody give me any pointers? The DO's and Don't's of finding the right agency for me? I want this to be a great experience for me and my family, plus I hear the money is good. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I have several friends that do travel and you right to be cautious. Try On Assignment they pay well and are there for you when issues come up. 866.415.4529
If you want to know about the bad one's go read some of the horror stories at Allnurses.com. I hope this helps, just remember once you haves signed your obligated to that company so make sure before you sign on the dotted line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Eugene, Oregon

76 months ago

We are in desperate need of CST's with CVOR experience in Eugene Oregon!! My email address is cq00@yahoo.com Please email me if you are interested!

75 months ago

There is a Dermatology position open in San Diego at the Naval Medical Center Call Carole @ TCMP 760.466.7057
Great Place to work!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Alexander City, Alabama

74 months ago

Hi, I am looking into learning more about being a travel tech. If anyone has any advice and I mean anything to help I would like that. I have been working in our hospitals Endoscopy unit for 2.5 years and I have learned alot. The doctor has send me to learn how to assist him with ERCP's. So I feel I doing pretty good. I don't have a degree if that's what I need. I do have my high school diploma. What do I need to do so I can learn more and earn more money?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donavan in Phoenix, Arizona

74 months ago

If you are a surgical tech, you have enough years to travel. But, you need to have experience in a little of everything. That would help. As a traveler, hospitals expect someone to come right in and start working. Don't get me wrong. You don't have to know everything. Be honest on your skills checklist and in your interviews and you should be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Crystal in Eugene, Oregon said: We are in desperate need of CST's with CVOR experience in Eugene Oregon!! My email address is cq00@yahoo.com Please email me if you are interested!

I have twenty two open heart experience looking for good travel job.

mike in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Cindy in Alexander City, Alabama said: Hi, I am looking into learning more about being a travel tech. If anyone has any advice and I mean anything to help I would like that. I have been working in our hospitals Endoscopy unit for 2.5 years and I have learned alot. The doctor has send me to learn how to assist him with ERCP's. So I feel I doing pretty good. I don't have a degree if that's what I need. I do have my high school diploma. What do I need to do so I can learn more and earn more money?
Thanks!

Now ! this is a great person to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

taurie in Nashville, Tennessee

72 months ago

I have been a nurse aide/patient care tech for 14 years.I have done it all. Hospitals,nursing homes,home health,Dr's offices,Hospice, and group homes.( making from $8 an hour to $15 an hour.) I am interested in surgical technology. I had never hear of this until a co-worker told me about his wife doing this. I thought the people who assisted the surgeons were nurses, now I know they are not.Is Medvance a good school to go to???It's 15 months, and costs $21,000.What should I look for in a surg tech school?I'm in the Nashville area,but I want to move to New York when I graduate.

j in Knoxville, Tennessee

72 months ago

taurie in Nashville, Tennessee said: I have been a nurse aide/patient care tech for 14 years.I have done it all. Hospitals,nursing homes,home health,Dr's offices,Hospice, and group homes.( making from $8 an hour to $15 an hour.) I am interested in surgical technology. I had never hear of this until a co-worker told me about his wife doing this. I thought the people who assisted the surgeons were nurses, now I know they are not.Is Medvance a good school to go to???It's 15 months, and costs $21,000.What should I look for in a surg tech school?I'm in the Nashville area,but I want to move to New York when I graduate.

I checked out medvance, then I went to tenn. tech for about one quarter of that cost. I had no problem getting a job. I have heard of o.r. managers complain that medvance students were not as prepared those from state school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Roxan in Des Moines, Iowa

72 months ago

I need to know if anyone has worked for Nursefinders for doing Surgical Tech work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Preston Hoskins in Rochester, Minnesota

72 months ago

The information was great.
Thanks

Preston Hoskins in Rochester, Minnesota

72 months ago

What can new grads do to prepare them selves for employment.

Edwards in Asheville, North Carolina

72 months ago

I am wondering is a traveling st position someone with a family can consider doing? I mean can you take the family with you? Sign for a year? Will they accomadate the whole family for housing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

yes you can take the family!!!! but you might have to pay extra for an extra bed room. most companies only sign you for 13 wks at a time, thier asre some companies that hane assignments longer but 8-13wks is usually the max

lindsay in Sacramento, California

72 months ago

do they pay you alot more if you travel as a surgical tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nadine in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

72 months ago

I have been considering traveling for quite some time now I have 21 years of experience in every field of surgery. I'm currently looking at a compant called Intelistaff Travel is their anyone who might be with this company or know a little about them.

Erin in Washington, District of Columbia

71 months ago

lindsay in Sacramento, California said: do they pay you alot more if you travel as a surgical tech?

Yes With certain companies. You need to do your homework first. I work over in DC with a agency which is wonderful I have been at 3 agencies and find the benefits much better than staying staff at one place. The agency I am with is at 30-35 depending on insurance and housing an hour. But again it is location location location. Hope you find this helpful.

sheila ann in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

71 months ago

i'm graduating in about a year. where do i go from there?

Erin in Washington, District of Columbia

71 months ago

Get as many specialty cases as you can during clinical most of the time you get offered a job where you do clinicals. Most agencies will not hire you right out of school because of lack of knowledge. After a year with good professional references or 2 year minimium agencies will then hire you. Just make sure you stay in good relations with the places you do clinicals because that is your best bet for hire.

Debfreeman64@yahoo.com in Acworth, Georgia

71 months ago

I agree, get as much experience as possible. Hospitals will not train travelers on the job. When you're ready I have some excellent travel company referals. I work with 10 of them all the time.

Deb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Alice in Pascagoula, Mississippi said: I am thinking about doing a few surg tech travel assignments. Has anyone done any travel surg tech ??? What are some good companies to travel with?? Thanks.

RNdemand, aureous, travelmax, procelnurse, club staffing, soliant, the right solution, on assignment. If you apply tell them I refered you Deb Freeman

71 months ago

Kimmy in Houston, Texas said: The AST Magazine is helpful. There are many travel companys out there. Just make sure you read everything and make sure they go over all the fine details with you before you sign. Cross Country...I think they like to try to pull a fast one on you.

Cross Country is terrible. I've had a horrible experience with them. Stat away from Cross Country Corp.

Nickole Anderson in Smith Center, Kansas

71 months ago

Roxan in Des Moines, Iowa said: I need to know if anyone has worked for Nursefinders for doing Surgical Tech work?

I work for Nursefinders as a Traveling Surg Tech...they merged with another company called TVL out of Florida. So far so good...I have great benefits, housing and my pay is good as a traveler. Nursefinders is local as well but I was looking for traveling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marie in San Diego, California

71 months ago

Why don't you try On Assignment
They are a reputable agency and I have several friends working for them.

Roxie in Des Moines, Iowa

71 months ago

Nickole Anderson in Smith Center, Kansas said: I work for Nursefinders as a Traveling Surg Tech...they merged with another company called TVL out of Florida. So far so good...I have great benefits, housing and my pay is good as a traveler. Nursefinders is local as well but I was looking for traveling.

Thanks for your comment! Roxie

T in Elkhart, Indiana

71 months ago

Donavan Hogan in Phoenix, Arizona said: The most I made traveling as a Surgical Technologist was in the San Francisco Bay Area and the New England Area(New York, Mass. etc.) All travelers should go. Enjoy yourself while you work.

Stay away from Banner Goog Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. They need, but mistreat travelers.

I agree Banner Good Samurtian sucks for travlers stay away

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nickole Anderson in Smith Center, Kansas

71 months ago

Has anyone have trouble traveling as a surgical tech without being certified? My is expired...studying to retake it by the end of the year but want a travel job in California....LA area...do you have to be Certified as a Surgical Tech?

71 months ago

NO! YOU DONOT NEED IT (GOOD TO hAVE) BUT NOT A MUST.

Charlie in Fort Worth, Texas

71 months ago

Hi Alice,

I would highly recommend a company called Medical Express. They primarily travel RNs but they also get quite a few positions for surgical techs. The pay is definitely going to vary depending where in the country you go and what hospital you go to. If you have a National certification it will definitely open you up to a lot more hospitals and higher pay. Pay rates for surgical techs can vary from $13 to $28 per hour nationally with Medical Express. There primary requirement is that you have at least one year of current experience in a hospital as a surgical tech. There website is www.medicalexpress.com

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.