Sterile Processing at Cornerstone College (Union City and Livermore)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

mynhii in Oakland, California

39 months ago

I'm intersted in Surgical Technology, but the job market doesn't seem good for new grads. I don't think Sterile Processing is much better. Still, the training is shorter, and the cost is cheaper. Besides, it seems like it is less competitive in this field compared to Surgical Technology.

I plan to attend Sterile Processing program at Cornerstone College in Union City, CA. This is a private school, and the cost of the program is about $2,600. I think that is quite reasonable.

Has anyone attended this school? Please share with me your experience with the school. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Anyone has an answer for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

guardian angel in Sunnyvale, California

38 months ago

I will not go to this college because its a scam!!! all they want is your money and you will not have a proper education in this college. Stay Away!! go to well known college and get your education properly.Dishonest,disorganized,don't care about the students!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

guardian angel in Sunnyvale, California said: I will not go to this college because its a scam!!! all they want is your money and you will not have a proper education in this college. Stay Away!! go to well known college and get your education properly.Dishonest,disorganized,don't care about the students!

You attended this school already? To be honest, I have doubts about this school too because it doesn't show any tuition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in San Jose, California

31 months ago

I graduated from Cornerstone
Give me your phone #
I will tell you everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

sanders in Concord, California

29 months ago

Mike in San Jose, California said: I graduated from Cornerstone
Give me your phone #

I have been interested in this program for a while..Did you graduate and did you find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Ripon, California

29 months ago

I personally spent the $2,500. To go to this school and really regret it. Here is why. At the time so many people had been laid off by a large company and the classes were full of these people . I only decided to go to this school, because they promised an internship , which I never got. There are so many people waiting for their internships a year and 2 years later. Face it, the hospitals around there cannot support 100s of unemployed techs and the internship is only 4 weeks long.

You can buy the book and study guide for around 150. , then you can take the test. The hard part is, finding a job that will hire an inexperienced person. I went out of state and got some experience, but the job did not work out. The hospital I worked for was in deep trouble. cS dept. are some of the most ruthless places to work. You are isolated in these depts. so anything goes. You make waves and you are gone.

Best place to start, is a small surgery center. Do your time and when you get the 1 year experience, move on to a better paying job. I am on my second job working in a surgery center. Unfortunately, the boss is a female head nurse with a borderline personality disorder who has chased every female nurse out. I am not allowed any breaks and some days I am there 10 hours. At no time am I allowed to sit. You should know, that you will always be looked down upon.

Anand in Modesto, California

17 months ago

Give me your phone #

I am considering going to Cornerstone College for Sterile Processing and I've already paid my $100 to hold my seat but I was having second thoughts. If you could give me some information on this school, I would be much obliged. Thank-you

Sincerely,

Anand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ross in Anaheim, California

17 months ago

You are better off going to a jr. college for Sterile Processing program. I've attended Cornerstone College, they are dishonest. I've worked as an OR tech, got my training in the Army and worked at several Hospitals. The instructor tells the students they can make $30 per hour after finishing the program. How can a sterile processor make more then a OR Tech? I only attended the school because the VA paid for the training, I did not need the training, just wanted something to do. The instructor never worked in the field, she was a grad at the school.At best you start off at $15 per hr.and you would be competing against newly OR tech grads.Many OR tech grads are hired for Sterile Processing, because thier is too few OR tech jobs and the Hospital would hire an OR tech grad, because they have more training.

17 months ago

Thank-you for your input. It was very helpful. I honestly had never heard of OR techs until you mentioned it. I will do further research before jumping into the SPT course.

Hope Renewed in Anchorage, Alaska

17 months ago

I graduated from Cornerstone also, two years ago. They promise you an internship and never deliver. You could buy the books and study for the test yourself. Those schools are predatory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Oh my gosh! Without an internship, there is no experience to be gained and without experience, getting a job in your field of study would be just about impossible. I was a bit skeptic when I was asked to sign a waiver at the time of admission saying that they are not responsible for getting me an internship but when I questioned her about it, she told me not to worry because she would put me in her rotation at Kaiser Permanente in Hayward. Wow! I appreciate your input. Thank-you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RF in San Francisco, California

16 months ago

I did finish this college and never got internship from them. We find intership independently in VA. and, even I got it and I did work a little like a wolunteer I could not find any job with this not payable experience nor in Bay Area, no in other states. Westing of time. About college - nothing good except short term of programm, even they did't tich good its possible to pass the licensing test. They promises about job placemnet help is total lie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raquel in Concord, California

15 months ago

mynhii in Oakland, California said: I'm intersted in Surgical Technology, but the job market doesn't seem good for new grads. I don't think Sterile Processing is much better. Still, the training is shorter, and the cost is cheaper. Besides, it seems like it is less competitive in this field compared to Surgical Technology.

I plan to attend Sterile Processing program at Cornerstone College in Union City , CA. This is a private school, and the cost of the program is about $2,600. I think that is quite reasonable.

Has anyone attended this school? Please share with me your experience with the school. Thanks.

I took the coarse in Vallejo I only paid $800 and the externship cost me $230 let me knw if you would like information where to take this coarse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Raquel in Concord, California

15 months ago

I took the coarse in Vallejo ca for $800 and also got an externship for $235 I'm now looking for work. if your interested in taking the coarse where I did it will save you a lot of money :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

What is the name of this institution in Vallejo?

Cisco in San Leandro, California

15 months ago

Its hard to get a sterile processing job without experience. Heres why....most hospitals tend to hire from within or hire relatives. Cafeteria workers and Housekeepers usually transfer to SPD after a lil training. They get attention first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Hope Renewed in Anchorage, Alaska said: I graduated from Cornerstone also, two years ago. They promise you an internship and never deliver. You could buy the books and study for the test yourself. Those schools are predatory.

I gotta talk to you! How did you get a job in Alaska. I got kinda lucky and did get an internship, only because it was far away in a little city/town called Salinas and no one wanted to take it but me. I worked almost everyday about 8 hours From Dec to Feb. That was challenging cause it was a far drive (GAS $$$) not getting paid, and already paying a mortgage on a home near Oakland, CA. I waited forever for an internship and gave up, a whole year later they called me to ask if i wanted to take an internship in Salinas because everyone else refused it. Felt like a SUCKER but i didnt want to wait around a long time for the next chance. EVERYONE DONT PAY MORE THAN $700 for this kind of certificaton. Go to a community college like SKYLINE or Las Positas. WAYYYYYY CHEAPER. Or get the book and study it and then take the test.

Hope Renewed in Anchorage, Alaska

15 months ago

Post your email and I will reply.

15 months ago

Hope Renewed in Anchorage, Alaska said: Post your email and I will reply.

ciscobay123@gmail.com

Renee in Newark, California

15 months ago

Raquel in Concord, California said: I took the coarse in Vallejo ca for $800 and also got an externship for $235 I'm now looking for work. if your interested in taking the coarse where I did it will save you a lot of money :)

Which college did you you go to in Vallejo

Renee in Newark, California

15 months ago

please send me infomation about college in Vallego for the Sterile Tech

lyn in Vacaville, California

14 months ago

Give me your phone #

plz let me know about this college for sterile processing. My daughter is thinking of getting training for this, and I'm not sure how to guide her. This is a pay-for college, which I am skeptical of, can you give me info as to if another college would be better, etc.?? lynnsownbiz@gmail.com
thanks much in advance

lyn in Vacaville, California

14 months ago

Raquel in Concord, California said: I took the coarse in Vallejo I only paid $800 and the externship cost me $230 let me knw if you would like information where to take this coarse

please send me info on which college is best to go to for sterile processing tech. lynnsownbiz@gmail.com
thanks much in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GINA in Fremont, California

7 months ago

Anand in Modesto, California said: I am considering going to Cornerstone College for Sterile Processing and I've already paid my $100 to hold my seat but I was having second thoughts. If you could give me some information on this school, I would be much obliged.

7 months ago

THIS SCHOOL IS NO GOOD.

Hope Renewed in Aspen, Colorado

7 months ago

This school cost $2,500. I only paid that because they promised a 6 week externship so I paid it. I never got the externship. I felt ripped off since you can learn everything they have to offer by studying on your own. I've seen cheaper schools advertised else where. Very few got the externship.

Hope Renewed in Aspen, Colorado

7 months ago

As a sterile processor with 2 years experience, I would advise going to surgical tech school. More money, more jobs and more respect. There is a very reputable online course for that that is way cheaper than what California schools offer. If you are serious about a career as a surgical tech, send me your email. I don't like posting that info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JK in Livonia, Michigan

7 months ago

Hope Renewed in Aspen, Colorado said: As a sterile processor with 2 years experience, I would advise going to surgical tech school. More money, more jobs and more respect. There is a very reputable online course for that that is way cheaper than what California schools offer. If you are serious about a career as a surgical tech, send me your email. I don't like posting that info.

Hello Hope Renewed,

If you don't mind, could you please send me the info about the online sterile processing course? My email is: j_stosh30@yahoo.com Thank you!

JK in Livonia, Michigan

7 months ago

JK in Livonia, Michigan said: Hello Hope Renewed,

If you don't mind, could you please send me the info about the online sterile processing course? My email is: j_stosh30@yahoo.com Thank you!

Oops. Just to make sure, my email starts with a lowercase j as in john and then underscore. Thanks.

Roger A. in San Jose, California

4 months ago

Can you also send me an email with some info.

r3cto@yahoo.com

thank you in advance.

Roger A. in San Jose, California

4 months ago

Give me your phone #

Mike can you send me an email and tell me about this college. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Roan M in Richmond, California

4 months ago

I know for a fact that the school really did suck due to previous team. But they got rid of the old ones and put it new ones. And frankly right now the new team that they have is great. They are are on track and trying to fix everything that the previous employees ruined in regards to the school image. I myself also goes to this school for Hemodialysis, my cousin goes to this school for Sterile Processing Technician. The new teachers and new employees are doing way better than how they were years ago. And they are focusing much more on the Externship that's why they have almost everyone do that. and Jessica, the Externship Coordinator, goes to hospitals herself personally to check them out and see if they are accepting students first hand and trying to build relationships with them so that they can accept our students. Those who graduated years ago who weren't help are actually coming back to get help now since the new employees are better than the previous ones. I personally think they are great. I can't speak for everyone else. But everyone have their own different experience. So come and visit the school and see for yourself. I love the staff they are friendly. A lot of changes in management are doing great unlike previously. Hope this helps, if you guys have any other questions, feel free to email meat roanmakishi@yahoo.com :) I'd love to help. I can give you the ups and downs :).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs.D in Oakland, California

2 months ago

[You can only make $30 an by staying with a particular company for 10 years! Haha :)

QUOTE who="Ross in Anaheim, California"]You are better off going to a jr. college for Sterile Processing program. I've attended Cornerstone College, they are dishonest. I've worked as an OR tech, got my training in the Army and worked at several Hospitals. The instructor tells the students they can make $30 per hour after finishing the program. How can a sterile processor make more then a OR Tech? I only attended the school because the VA paid for the training, I did not need the training, just wanted something to do. The instructor never worked in the field, she was a grad at the school.At best you start off at $15 per hr .and you would be competing against newly OR tech grads.Many OR tech grads are hired for Sterile Processing, because thier is too few OR tech jobs and the Hospital would hire an OR tech grad, because they have more training.

2 months ago

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE.......................................

whack in Union City, California

2 months ago

THIS SCHOOL IS NO GOOD, I'VE ATTENDED AND STILL WAITING ON MY EXTERNSHIP AFTER COMPLETING AND PASSING MY BOARDS. IVE HEARD THAT EVERYONE THAT WORKS HERE, ARE RELATED OR ARE PREVIOUS STUDENTS FROM THE SCHOOL... YOU PUT IN SOO MUCH $$$$, FOR SOMETHING THEY DON'T EVEN DELIVER... WHAT A SHAME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

whack in Union City, California

2 months ago

ALSO, ON THE CBSPD WEBSITE, THEY STATE "Do they have any externships? Can they show proof that they have hospital affiliation contracts" WHEN YOU GO TO THIS SCHOOL TO ASK FOR PROOF, THEIR PROOF IS A PAMPHLET WITH A LIST OF HOSPITALS, BUT DOESN'T SHOW PROOF OF ANY AFFILIATION. IF THEY HAD AFFILIATIONS WITH ALL THESE HOSPITALS, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH EXTERNSHIPS WITH THE IMMENSE AMOUNT OF HOSPITALS THEY ARE SUPPOSEDLY CONTRACTED WITH? DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE.... IN MY OPINION, DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY... TAKE A DIFFERENT ROUTE OR LOOK INTO A DIFFERENT SCHOOL.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.