work with plastic surgeons years and years....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Esther in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Any questions, comments, advices.I'm the best person you can contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Plastic surgery.Questions,comments,suggestions,analyses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

christina in Streamwood, Illinois

79 months ago

Esther in Atlanta, Georgia said: Any questions, comments, advices.I'm the best person you can contact.

hi, im looking into becoming a surgical tech and more specifically in plastic surgery....is there a demand for surgical techs?? and is it hard to get in with plastic surgeons? do you need experience before you get into that field of surgery?
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marcie in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Esther in Atlanta, Georgia said: Any questions, comments, advices.I'm the best person you can contact.

I am also in Atlanta. I just finished ST classes and I realize that there are NO positions available for Surgical Techs right now. Especially not for anyone just finishing school. The ones that I do see posted already have about 100 resumes to look at. I have a family to take care of...any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dannee

79 months ago

Esther,

What school did you graduate from in Atlanta?

Dannee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marcie in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Iverson Business School

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dannee

78 months ago

In Atlanta??? Never heard of it. I am yaking my pre-reqs for the Surg Tech program at Gwinnett Tech.

Dannee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Yes girl it happen in ga. I like it good luck

78 months ago

christina in Streamwood, Illinois said: hi, im looking into becoming a surgical tech and more specifically in plastic surgery....is there a demand for surgical techs?? and is it hard to get in with plastic surgeons? do you need experience before you get into that field of surgery?
thanks

Yes girl the demand is very high specilly in this area but you find some.Some of them requiered experience some dont.in my particular case i didin't have any experience when i start my firt job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Hi girl is it no easy but you get keep sending your application evry day.And go to Dr office hospital,Job fair.... make some calls do what ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nur Knapp in Marietta, Georgia

77 months ago

is it easy to get a job in plastic surgery right after the school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ruth in Bradenton, Florida

64 months ago

Im a recent surg tech graduate looking for a surg tech job in florida...preferrably in plastic surgery. im in the bradenton/sarasota area. any ideas? thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kevin(talkofmiami)

64 months ago

Im also a new surgical tech grad and looking for a position in plastic surgery. Is there a demand in the plastic surgery field... any idea as to how I can get into this

ruth in Frederick, Maryland

63 months ago

Im looking for an ST job in MD,PA or FL. I am a recent graduate. Anyone know who may be hiring? Thanks a ton!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MissKayla in Sarasota, Florida

61 months ago

I just acquired my CNA and im looking to work and pay for ST school but I want to work specifically with a plastic surgeon. Is their a demand for this at all? How long would I need to work outside of plastic surgery to get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MissKayla in Sarasota, Florida

61 months ago

ps Ruth in Bradenton where did you go to school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

esthy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

iTS all depend. I can tell you exactely how long.but good luck

talkofmiami in miami, Florida

61 months ago

how did u become interested in working in plastics. and also whats the best approach in finding a tech job doing plastics

Deneen in Seaford, Delaware

54 months ago

JUNE 2008 I GRADUATED FROM SURGICAL TECH SCHOOL, APRIL 2008 PASSED MY BOARDS FOR MY CERTIFICATION BUT YET HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY CERTIFICATION DUE TO NEEDING 1 MORE CASE WHICH WILL ALLOW ME TO RECEIVE MY CERTIFICATION. SEPT 2008 I BEGIN WORKING AT AN EYE CENTER WHICH HAS GIVEN ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ACHIEVE MY EXPERIENCE AS A SURGICAL TECH, IAM NOW READY TO MOVE ON TO MY NEXT GOAL WHICH IS WORKING IN GENERAL, AS WELL AS GOING BACK TO NURSING SCHOOL. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I AM NOW SEEKING A FULL TIME POSTION IN THE GENERAL AREA WHETHER A HOSPITAL OR SURGERY CENTER SITTING!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in East Brunswick, New Jersey

53 months ago

ESTHER I AM A NEW GRADUATE WORKED IN SPD DEPT, I AM HAVING A PROBLEM TAKING MY CERTIFICATION NCCT/BUT WHERE I DID MY EXTERNSHIP WAS JUST COLON/ENDO WHAT SHOLD I DO . DO YOUTHINK THE SCHOOL SHOULD FIX THIS PROBLEM. I REALLY NEED ADVISE.

Deneen in Seaford, Delaware

53 months ago

ESTHER TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS IN REFERENCE TO THE SCHOOL BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR U RECEIVING ALL REQUIREMENTS IN YOUR EXTERNSHIP? YES YOUR SCHOOL SHOULD BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALLL REQUIREMENTS FOR EXTERNSHIP AND NOT JUST COLON/ENDO BECAUSE THEY DID NOT RECEIVE PART OF MONEY TO PAY FOR YOUR EDUCATION THEY RECEVIED ALL OF YOUR MONEY TO PAY FOR THIS PROGRAM

Carolyn in Marietta, Georgia

43 months ago

Hi my name is carolyn and am in the Atlanta area.I am looking at going to school at gwinnett college for surgical tech but am second guessing myself due to the negative comments am reading on this forum on people saying there are no jobs.Are you a ST? What school did you go to and did you get a job right away.

Let me know thanks be blessed.

natasha in East Brunswick, New Jersey

42 months ago

Deneen in Seaford, Delaware said: ESTHER TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS IN REFERENCE TO THE SCHOOL BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR U RECEIVING ALL REQUIREMENTS IN YOUR EXTERNSHIP? YES YOUR SCHOOL SHOULD BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALLL REQUIREMENTS FOR EXTERNSHIP AND NOT JUST COLON/ENDO BECAUSE THEY DID NOT RECEIVE PART OF MONEY TO PAY FOR YOUR EDUCATION THEY RECEVIED ALL OF YOUR MONEY TO PAY FOR THIS PROGRAM

esther i took your advise talked to the school and went into lab and all they did was play games, the person in charge told me me she purposely put me in the extern on purpose, where can i go with this career please help.need advise

downingdeneen@yahoo.com in Seaford, Delaware

42 months ago

A LOT OF THESE SCHOOLS DO NOT LIVE UP TO THEIR GUIDELINES!!! YOU NEED TO RESEARCH A GOOD SCHOOL THROUGH YOUR DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

ORScrub2006 in Charlotte, North Carolina

35 months ago

What can you tell me about a Breast implant removal with a capsulectomy? with and without a mastopexy?

Mayo setup?
Types of retractors used?

Thanks.

scrubII in Albany, New York

30 months ago

Surgical Technologist caught in the unemployment Crunch out 2.5yrs needing some time in a Institutions 17+yrs on the cutting floor. At wits end. Needing a lead bad. Oh by the way depending on the Patient size Richie's are fine baby's, medium, Large, lighted lateral re tractors, plenty of NACl Baby Laps Suture of choice binders 6in ace or Doctors Pref. Hell! check the Card.

michelle

27 months ago

Breast implant removal: Mayo Stand set up: Bovie (guarded tip and extended tip) curved mayo (although depends on surgeon), 10 blade, debakeys, suction, army navey, deaver retractors. Make incision just above breast fold about a couple inches (again depends on surgeon) use bovie to cut/cauterize through tissue till implant is visable. Some surgeons may use tonsil to dissect through tissue to protect the implant. Our surgeon uses the curved mayo, suction and a kidney basin to cut the implant, then suction the fluid if it is a saline filled implant. If not then lots of laps in case the gel filled implant is ruptured. Remove implant. Capsulectomy: our surgeons use the bovie and metz scissors. This is when the extended bovie may be necessary. We may also use kochers to grap and hold the capsule while excising it. Sometimes we send the capsule as specimen. While doing the mastopexy it may be necessary for a retractor be used for better visability deeper and then we use the deaver retractor. Then we irrigate, dry up the wound then close with, again depending on surgeon, we close. One surgeon I work the most with we close with 3-0 vicryl swedged and a 4-0 monocryl. Now if we are going to use another implant we will then choose the probably the same size and contour that we took out. Sometimes we do a mastopexy and sometimes we don't. A mastopexy is just done usually to correct the size to be more like the one with the implant.

michelle

27 months ago

Sorry when doing the capsulectomy a deaver may be necessary is how that should have read. I love scrubbing plastics it is one of my favorite services.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.