You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

ovstampco in Huntington Beach, California

74 months ago

Does that include new grads ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marlon White in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

Will applicant's with marijuana felonies be accepted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Do you think it will be hard for me to finish school and find work in the field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brendon in Salt Lake City, Utah

74 months ago

It depends on your situation. If you are going to school at nights there are many full and part time positions that are available to you. If school is during the day it may be a little harder to find a position but there are still many positions that can work into either schedule. Just be sure to take the certification test. I have noticed that many companies only want people who have passed the test, plus the pay is also going to be much better if you are certified. Some positions pay up to $20,000 more if you have that certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

i am going to school from 1 to 6pm I have a part time job now but im really worried about find ajob as a surg tech once I finish school .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I always have jobs come my way for surgical techs. If you want keep my info on file and if you cant find a job or want me to help you find a job i could do that for you. Just be sure to get certified, that opens up a lot more doors for you.

74 months ago

Ok I will thanks alot!

1surgtech in Miami, Florida

74 months ago

I am looking for a job, i live in Miami, i have alot of Plastic experience, general and IPPs if you know what that is... anything out there for me in my area?

74 months ago

There are a few position in that area that I have come across in the past few weeks. Send me your resume to review and I will be in contact with you when I find something. brendon@keymedstaffing.com

Leah Myers in Lorain, Ohio

73 months ago

I can use some help, I live by Cleveland, OH and will be graduating in May & my CST exam is being done 2 days before graduation. I will have an Assoc. in Applied Science. I am worried that I will not be able to find a job here with all the layoffs going on. I have had 2 years of clinicals at 2 different hospitals ( 1st year a smaller community hospital & 2nd a larger hospital in Cleveland) out here. I have gained alot of experience at these sites. I have also had experience working on a cardiac floor at the Cleveland Clinic as a Patient Care Nursing Assistant. Please if you come across a job in Ohio please let me know.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruth Cetto in Tarzana, California

72 months ago

I'm a surgical tech I've been a surgical tech for 9 years I was hired right after my training for an ambulatory surgery center wich I worked full time for 7years now I'm having trouble to finding a job even I have good references most ASC are slow right now, and is very competitive here in LA. cau u help?

CindyG in Huntington Beach, California

72 months ago

Ruth Cetto in Tarzana, California said: I'm a surgical tech I've been a surgical tech for 9 years I was hired right after my training for an ambulatory surgery center wich I worked full time for 7years now I'm having trouble to finding a job even I have good references most ASC are slow right now, and is very competitive here in LA. cau u help?

I am looking for a surgical tech that would like to get into medical device sales. Very demanding but very rewarding please send me your resume if interest. Orthopaedic experience would be a plus

Jeff Kirkwood in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

I graduated with honors just last month and have sent out over 60 applications. It would be nice to just get an interview!!!

donald cox in West Linn, Oregon

70 months ago

CindyG in Huntington Beach, California said: I am looking for a surgical tech that would like to get into medical device sales. Very demanding but very rewarding please send me your resume if interest. Orthopaedic experience would be a plus

To whom it may concern,

My name is Donald Cox. I was born and raised in Memphis, TN. After working in different cities across the country, I found myself wanting to relocate in the northwest. I really enjoyed the climate here and the people are very welcoming and friendly. Shortly after choosing to build a life here, I met my wife and we created our family. I am the proud parent of two daughters and two sons. Regrettably my Mother fell on hard times throughout this past year, causing me to find work near her in Mississippi, in order to best provide for her and my family. I am happy to tell you that she is now back on her feet. Therefore I have recently returned to Oregon to be with my wife and children. I have over 20 years of experience as a Surgical Technician and feel very fortunate to remain passionate about my career choice. I am confident with my skills and experience, that if hired, I will prove to provide excellent care and services for your company as well as your patients. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.

Donald R. Cox

Donald R. Cox
11813 Partlow Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045

pe67us@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE: Surgical/ Supply Technician at a hospital in the greater Portland/Metro area.

EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
Graduated in 1985 from Kingsbury High School, TN

Received training in Surgical Technology through the U.S. Army Surgical Technology Program

Maintain certifications in BLS and AED

EXPERIENCE: 20+ Years

Baptist Hospital Desoto December 2008- May 2009
Supervi

lsantos in Albany, Georgia

69 months ago

STILL IN ALBANY GA I SEND OUT SO MANY RUMES AND FILL OUT MANY APPLICATIONS AND ALL THE REPLY I GOT BACK SAID LACK OF EXPERINCE,WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO GET EXPERINCE IF EVERY JOB I APPLY FOR WON'T EVEN GIVE ME A CHANCE

pamschroeder3@yahoo.com in Queen Creek, Arizona

69 months ago

lsantos in Albany, Georgia said: STILL IN ALBANY GA I SEND OUT SO MANY RUMES AND FILL OUT MANY APPLICATIONS AND ALL THE REPLY I GOT BACK SAID LACK OF EXPERINCE,WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO GET EXPERINCE IF EVERY JOB I APPLY FOR WON'T EVEN GIVE ME A CHANCE

I feel the same way, It's every where i'm a 2008 grad, and i know alot of people from my class still don't have a job. We live in AZ its slow every where. I just have experince in plastic's and a little in pain management. Hospitals want at least 1-3 yrs experince how do you get the experince if they won't give us a chance??? That really sucks !! far as general surgery skills we learned in school in lab on dummys with some trays missing instruments,its hard to keep up your skills if you don't use it you lose it!!!!

coolbreeze154 in Gardena, California

69 months ago

I'm a surgical tech grad who's searching for work. Here in California,employers aren't willing to hire new grads. I'm studying for my certification,however,I still believe it won't be enough because of my lack of experience. What can you do for a tech like me ?

KEkstrom in Salt Lake City, Utah

68 months ago

Brendon in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I always have jobs come my way for surgical techs. If you want keep my info on file and if you cant find a job or want me to help you find a job i could do that for you. Just be sure to get certified, that opens up a lot more doors for you.

I'm a recent Surgical Tech graduate and am Nationally board certified, I'm having trouble finding a job as most employers are seeking someone with experience. Do you know of anyone who is hiring at this time?

Rochelle Gibbs in Hopkins, South Carolina

68 months ago

I have been a Surgical Technologist for 8 years. I scrub every service and have been scrubbing hearts for the past 3 1/2 years. I am currently getting ready to travel and carefully looking for the right company to sign up with. I currently make over 20 dollars and hour and afraid to give up my good government job for a bad travel company. I need help. please feel free to email me at my personal email address. Rochelle_1224@yahoo,com Thanks.

coopdville in south yarmouth, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I am looking for a open heart surgical tech position. I would like for it to be a travel position and would like to be in the south somewhere. I am interested in KY, TN, GA, FL and SC. Can anyone help I can send a resume if you think you can help.

Rochelle

67 months ago

Roper Hospital In Charleston,SC is Charleston,SCi i iin

coopdville in south yarmouth, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Rochelle said: Roper Hospital In Charleston,SC is Charleston,SCi i iin

who has that contract so I can contact that travel company.

ladyjohanne in Boca Raton, Florida

66 months ago

I'm an entry leve certified surgical tech I've been looking forever nobody wants me can someone help me please. I feel so helpless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leah Myers in Lorain, Ohio

66 months ago

I do not know how far Weston Florida is from you but, I know that Cleveland Clinic is hiring. And I felt the same way when I graduated and became certified. Don't give up!

Juli Morris in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

Does anyone have any advice? I graduated from an accredited school in December 2009 with honors. I passed the National Board Certification exam on April 1, 2010 and have placed so many applications within 150 mile radius of Houston TX and only had 2 interviews. Obviously I didn't get hired or I wouldn't be writing this. I am so frustrated at this point. If anyone knows of a way to get around the no experience situation please let me know. I spent 14 months in clinical rotations but no one considers that experience of any kind. My personal email is mjuli70@yahoo.com.

shannon petrella in Elyria, Ohio

56 months ago

Leah Myers in Lorain, Ohio said: I do not know how far Weston Florida is from you but, I know that Cleveland Clinic is hiring . And I felt the same way when I graduated and became certified. Don't give up!

i just graduated this spring and im having a hard time finding a job. where are you working and are they hiring?

kekstrom in Salt Lake City, Utah

56 months ago

It took me 6 months to find a job, and I was hired at my clinical rotation facility. All the other facilities wouldn't hire me because of my lack of experience, but use it to your advantage in your interviews. Remind them that you are trainable the way they want you to be, and you have no bad habits starting out as a new tech. My instructor told us all to use that to our advantage and I believe it helped. good luck =)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.