Boom or bust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most teacher opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Amaka Enetanya in Olympia, WA

95 months ago

There is currently a teacher shortage in the United States. Middle and high school math, science, and elementary special ed teachers are especially needed.

There are loan cancellation benefits for teachers who work in low income schools or in any one of the major shortage areas above.

Regions are different based on culture, history, and politics. I have lived in the South, East Coast, and Pacific Northwest and I like the last region best but the East Coast has national openings through the D.C. area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

preet in Meridian, Idaho

49 months ago

Amaka Enetanya in Olympia, WA said: There is currently a teacher shortage in the United States. Middle and high school math, science, and elementary special ed teachers are especially needed.

There are loan cancellation benefits for teachers who work in low income schools or in any one of the major shortage areas above.

Regions are different based on culture, history, and politics. I have lived in the South, East Coast, and Pacific Northwest and I like the last region best but the East Coast has national openings through the D.C. area.

I am a certified teacher in high school,maths and physics but still sitting ay home for last 3 yrs. No jobs in Idaho. I got masters in applied physics but feel.all my study went in vain

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill W Smith in Framingham, Massachusetts

49 months ago

One of the issues is finding quality teachers. I have no doubt that you are competent teacher preet, but many new teachers are not. In the current market place, the best and brightest are no the ones taking jobs. It seems that schools are being taught by the same people who never bothered to study when they where in high school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angellee in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

There are many jobless teachers right now, both experienced and new grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

math rules in Westborough, Massachusetts

49 months ago

but isnt "no jobs in idaho" sort of akin to saying that there are no jobs in the desert? what i mean of course is that, relatively speaking, you are not exactly in the ideal spot to land a physics gig, right? Wouldn't moving ----in your case----- make all the difference?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.