Getting closer to the right company

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Christina in Studio City, California

75 months ago

Ok so I have questions about several programs and I want to hear about people's experiences in all of them. I will list them below, and anyone who has experience please give me your thoughts. I am making a decision soon and I need to get info on the TRAVEL side of these companies - specifically how they handle *group* booking and commissions. Thank you.

InteleTravel
YTB
TraVersus
Platinum One Destinations (NetTrav)
World Ventures

Also, there is this young man, David who is promoting Travel Lines Express??? If you can give me info on that company that would be great too.

FYI I found out how to take courses at Travel Agent University before becoming an outside agent which was nice. I decided I am going to specialize in Caribbean and Mexican destinations and my focus is group travel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Studio City, California

75 months ago

Almost forgot to ask this important question... in any of these companies... do they allow you to register to them under your business name instead of as an individual? I have an LLC and I want the travel to go under there as a service of my company, so I can function as a real business and not as a sole proprietor.

OutsideThoughts in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

With TraVerus you can use your business name.

When you become a CTA with us, you can work directly with the vendors and do all the group vacations you want.

Your Commissions can be adjusted as well.

www.MemberTrips.com
"RP"

Catwell in Sammamish, Washington

50 months ago

You should look into Nexion(neck-shun)they are a highly reputable host agency based in California. they were founded by SABRE the airline reservation system. you can see what they offer at WWW.nexion.com. they keep an inventory of 'block' space which may be a good option since you want to do group travel.I was an independent agent with a local agency a few years ago and i am considering starting up again and will probably go with Nexion or possibly America's vacation center.you want to look at thing such as do they work with a variety of reputable suppliers, what is their fee structure and what does that include such as training technology,marketing or whatever else you think you need support with.check out this website as well: WWW.tavelpulse.com it is a media company that focused solely on the travel trade or WWW.agentathome.com which is a publication full of useful information on legal issues,sales/marketing,destinations,and other articles including how to choose a host agency. as for your last question most of these host agencies will not allow you the use of their name to be used by you unless you get prior permission. it will be stated in the contract you will have to sign.I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Phoenix, Arizona

17 months ago

Christina in Studio City, California said: Almost forgot to ask this important question... in any of these companies... do they allow you to register to them under your business name instead of as an individual? I have an LLC and I want the travel to go under there as a service of my company, so I can function as a real business and not as a sole proprietor.

Actually, when you work with a host agency as a travel agent you are an independent travel agent, your paid commissions, and you expect to receive them on an ongoing basis, thus the IRS classifies your activity of selling travel as self employment.

You are not an employee of the host agency, your actually self employed and as such, you can run your business, as an llc, dba or corp. Its up to you how you run your business. Check out my host agency, net travel ease.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.