GETTING A DRIVING JOB AFTER A BAD DAC REPORT

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 58)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Tony Smith in Duncanville, Texas

33 months ago

ANDRE STAFFORD
THIS FORUM WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO INCLUDE THE PHONE NUMBER SO I WILL SEND YOU HIS EMAIL ADDRESS adslogistics@ymail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bigshon43 in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

I have accident on my DAC report do anyone know any truck company that will hire me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

TIFFANY A YAHOO.COM in Dallas, Texas

29 months ago

PLEASE HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

babynate in Winchester, Kentucky

29 months ago

I also have an incident on my DAC report and it was extremly minor. It was like a 50 dollar repair that PAM transport fired me over and it wasnt even a citable offense. I have six months experience and also have been searching since november 2011 for another position. Its hard man but if anything comes your way or mine ill let you know. vancleve.nathan@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

babynate in Winchester, Kentucky

29 months ago

I have a 100% on my license with no tickets no fines no DOT fines nothing. My background is 100% clean and still the only thing that is stopping me is that damn dumb ass DAC. That all with this new CSA2010 stuff that came out since then not even a well qualified canadite like myself can even find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

29 months ago

babynate in Winchester, Kentucky said: I have a 100% on my license with no tickets no fines no DOT fines nothing. My background is 100% clean and still the only thing that is stopping me is that damn dumb ass DAC. That all with this new CSA2010 stuff that came out since then not even a well qualified canadite like myself can even find a job.
So whats on your DAC as to why you can't find a job.You have a clean MVR,I dont see what could be that bad on your DAC to disqualify you from employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

29 months ago

babynate in Winchester, Kentucky said: I also have an incident on my DAC report and it was extremly minor. It was like a 50 dollar repair that PAM transport fired me over and it wasnt even a citable offense. I have six months experience and also have been searching since november 2011 for another position. Its hard man but if anything comes your way or mine ill let you know. vancleve.nathan@yahoo.com
Unfortunately companies frown on drivers getting fired believe me I know.I got fired last dec 19 to be exact right at the receiver.But I found a company that actually values drivers and knows companies are at fault in many cases.With u having little exp you'll have to settle for another starter company.I would keep on looking,you'll find something.Go to theses sites that you only have to fill out 1 online application and it goes to many companies.Do just stop at one site,fill out many applications.Each site has different trucking companies.Thats how i got this job.I must have went to 10 different sites and filled out an online application at each site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

diane johnson in Loganville, Georgia

28 months ago

What are some of the websites to fill outan online application?

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Unfortunately companies frown on drivers getting fired believe me I know.I got fired last dec 19 to be exact right at the receiver.But I found a company that actually values drivers and knows companies are at fault in many cases.With u having little exp you'll have to settle for another starter company.I would keep on looking,you'll find something.Go to theses sites that you only have to fill out 1 online application and it goes to many companies.Do just stop at one site,fill out many applications.Each site has different trucking companies.Thats how i got this job.I must have went to 10 different sites and filled out an online application at each site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

27 months ago

Owen smith in Muskegon, Michigan said: I just graduated tuck school and now I'm having a hard time finding a job because of the report they pull on you driving record, well to make a long story short my license was suspended in 08-11 I just got them back last march because I had driver responsibility fees to pay. Well now I can't find anyone that will take me in I need to get some experience in how am I going to do that if no one will hire me.. If anyone can give me some information or can tell me who will hire me with this on my record would be great......
Let me guess,that driving school sold u hook line and sinker right?Bet they said they would find you a job.With companies they won't hire you due to tickets this that and the other,well trucking schools should be the same way.After all you're still driving a semi.If the laws were more strict on the schools then students such as your self won't be in for a big let down when looking for work and won't have the school to psy off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

marysgurl68@yahoo.com in Baraboo, Wisconsin

27 months ago

I went through my cdl training at CR England,Although im a damn good truck driver i got mixed up with the larger companies like Werner,Swift,CR England. And it has just been a nightmare since.I have a clean driving record and no criminal backgound, But the lies that these companies put on my DAC reort have made it imposable to get a job.Ive worked so hard to make it as a truck driver.And im proud to be a truck driver. These people should be ashamed to treat good drivers the way they do.If i could just find a honest company to give me a chance to prove that im a hard working driver would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

27 months ago

marysgurl68@yahoo.com in Baraboo, Wisconsin said: I went through my cdl training at CR England,Although im a damn good truck driver i got mixed up with the larger companies like Werner,Swift,CR England. And it has just been a nightmare since.I have a clean driving record and no criminal backgound, But the lies that these companies put on my DAC reort have made it imposable to get a job.Ive worked so hard to make it as a truck driver.And im proud to be a truck driver. These people should be ashamed to treat good drivers the way they do.If i could just find a honest company to give me a chance to prove that im a hard working driver would be great.
Companies do lie on dacs or stretch the truth and I agree there should be a law against it as well as a thousand other things.You mentioned 3 companies,they all lied on your dac??????????????????What did they say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stillbillxx

25 months ago

I driven trucks for over 8 years. Driven for a o/o that licenses was revoked so he ask
Me was I looking for work at the time I was he payed me 30% of each load which was good at the time not knowing that his truck and bad shape. So when it got dot it was on me now I can't. Find or get hired because of this .each time I p.t.I the truck and found a problem I reported to him now he said he got the problem fixed but each time I got dot they some else so now my PSP is high want know one hire me because of this.al need is some one to give me a second chances. Am good driver my mvr good no tickets or accidents never been to jail if there a company that's out there need a good driver please. Contact me at my email address please its hard on my wife doing get all I feel less than a man have thought of ending it. It will less pain. Please someone help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jtannillo in Kaufman, Texas

25 months ago

Just looking to see if anyone can point me in a good direction. I worked for USA truck for 3 years and was recently terminated. I was terminated over an incident that I didn't report. The truth is I had to call my road assist and explain to them what happened but didn't report it as an accident. At the time in my mind there wasn't anything to report but 6 weeks after the fact the motel manager who witnessed me the whole time I was there decided he had a problem and made a report. Anyway it wasn't a DOT accident. There are 3 total small incidents on my dac and one a DOT accident that is going on 4 years old. The first 2 incidents will be 3 years old this year. The last one for which I was fired although I don't agree that it should be an incident on my record I face an uphill battle to fight it. USA truck put unsatisfactory safety record on my dac but said a review is required before being rehired. Does anyone know of some companies that may be able to look past my dac with 3 years of experience and hear my side of the story? Thanks for any help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jtannillo in Kaufman, Texas

25 months ago

stillbillxx said: I driven trucks for over 8 years. Driven for a o/o that licenses was revoked so he ask
Me was I looking for work at the time I was he payed me 30% of each load which was good at the time not knowing that his truck and bad shape. So when it got dot it was on me now I can't. Find or get hired because of this .each time I p.t.I the truck and found a problem I reported to him now he said he got the problem fixed but each time I got dot they some else so now my PSP is high want know one hire me because of this.al need is some one to give me a second chances. Am good driver my mvr good no tickets or accidents never been to jail if there a company that's out there need a good driver please. Contact me at my email address please its hard on my wife doing get all I feel less than a man have thought of ending it. It will less pain. Please someone help me.

Your PSP score if that is the only thing holding you back goes down over time. The longer you have without an inspection the lower it will go. We are talking a matter of months not years here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eddefinitely in Macon, Georgia

24 months ago

I worked for werner and 2.5 years ago they fired me. They said i had to many incidents. However when it went to unemployment the judge overturned what was said and gave me full benifits. Now i cannot get a job because werner has these incidents on my files. I have sent for my daq report because werner will not send me information about why i was fired. I also was recieving 250 dollars a week safety bonus. So how can you get fired for doing your job and having a good safety report. Looking for to the post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

archibald r in Ocala, Florida

24 months ago

i know first hand that its the companys fault that there trucks are empty they think there going to find perfect drivers haha.. .ive over 30yrs exp. and i tell ya you cant drive that long without a some sort of problem but im proud of my record . i see a driver got fired for a minor instance me too i had a brace fall off of my dump truck, paid out of my pocket 50$ to have it fixed my safty dept said i needed to write up accident. the guy is a moron i didnt run into anything it just fell off. to my buddies out there im known as flipper out of florida

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jtannillo in Kaufman, Texas

24 months ago

archibald r in Ocala, Florida said: i know first hand that its the companys fault that there trucks are empty they think there going to find perfect drivers haha.. .ive over 30yrs exp. and i tell ya you cant drive that long without a some sort of problem but im proud of my record . i see a driver got fired for a minor instance me too i had a brace fall off of my dump truck, paid out of my pocket 50$ to have it fixed my safty dept said i needed to write up accident. the guy is a moron i didnt run into anything it just fell off. to my buddies out there im known as flipper out of florida[/QUOTE
Thats what I tell everyone. Trucking companies think they have it figured out. The unmanned tractor count goes up because they get rid of drivers who really they could have just written up for something and slapped thier hand. This happened to me and they put themselves out a driver and temporarily jacked up my career over something that cost under a grand. Would have gladly paid the money out of my pocket if it would have saved me. A driver with my former company USA truck in 2010 drove his truck intoxicated got on the freeway driving the wrong way and killed a man. That driver will never be hired again by anyone worth driving for. It seems that my career is suffereing the same fate over a non DOT incident that post a nominal amount of money where no one was hurt and no other vehicles were involved. Seems rather uneven to me. The only way to get driver with unblemished records these days is to hire someone with no record or experience. So what better? Hiring a new guy who is unproven or someone who is proven but has a couple of minor slaps on the wrist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

millertyme in Calera, Alabama

23 months ago

marysgurl68@yahoo.com in Baraboo, Wisconsin said: I went through my cdl training at CR England,Although i'm a damn good truck driver i got mixed up with the larger companies like Werner,Swift,CR England. And it has just been a nightmare since.I have a clean driving record and no criminal background, But the lies that these companies put on my DAC report have made it imposable to get a job.Ive worked so hard to make it as a truck driver.And i'm proud to be a truck driver. These people should be ashamed to treat good drivers the way they do.If i could just find a honest company to give me a chance to prove that i'm a hard working driver would be great.

mary girl, you can dispute Ur DAC report I am doing that know. was with Cr england myself in 06 they put things in my report too. good luck to you finding a good company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Big boy in Mcdonough, Georgia

23 months ago

I had a positive alcohol test got fired and no one will hire me. Is there anything I could do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DL Jones in Littleton, Massachusetts

20 months ago

jtannillo in Kaufman, Texas said: Your PSP score if that is the only thing holding you back goes down over time. The longer you have without an inspection the lower it will go. We are talking a matter of months not years here

Unfortunately, with CSA2010 your PSP will go down in time, violations are weighted and carry a set number of points per violation
an example is you get a 5 point violation they give it a multiplier for how many years the violation will stay on your PSP.
New violation = 3 or 3 years that it will stay on psp
after one year this violation drops to a multiplier of 2
than finally 1 for the third and final year the violation will remain on your PSP
So to conclude every violation you receive will stay on your PSP for 3 years its the points that will go down with time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

barrylharms@gmail.com in Wilmington, Delaware

18 months ago

Tony Smith in Duncanville, Texas said: CONTACT :Andre Stafford, Fleet Manager with ADS Logistics Group .
He will be able to hire you with a Negative DAC depending on the
circumstances. He's looking for drivers now, the pay is good also.

looking for a driving job need work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lavar Jarrell

18 months ago

I was cut off by a four wheel in front of a cop in GA and I was pulled over and given a ticket for following to close. The officer who seen the whole thing take place told me I was to be the professional truck driver and avoid those type of situations. He gave me a 160.00 ticket and Knight Transportation fired me. Now I'm having a really hard time finding a trucking job. 10 years of driving no accidents no criminal back ground, I get this ticket and now its hard to find another trucking job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

18 months ago

Lavar Jarrell said: I was cut off by a four wheel in front of a cop in GA and I was pulled over and given a ticket for following to close. The officer who seen the whole thing take place told me I was to be the professional truck driver and avoid those type of situations. He gave me a 160.00 ticket and Knight Transportation fired me. Now I'm having a really hard time finding a trucking job. 10 years of driving no accidents no criminal back ground, I get this ticket and now its hard to find another trucking job.
You have to keep looking.Maybe try the smaller companies who have a more lenient insurance company.At least no accident when this 4 wheeler cut you off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lavar Jarrell in Greensboro, North Carolina

18 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: You have to keep looking.Maybe try the smaller companies who have a more lenient insurance company.At least no accident when this 4 wheeler cut you off.

I call Celadon and they said they,d take me as long as I didn't have any accidents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: That's too bad.With the little exp you have sorry to say but it will be hard finding a job.A bad dac report is unforgiving.Every one of the mega companies uses DAC.I would suggest finding a small company in your area that does'nt use dac. But you with little exp poses another problem.You just have to keep looking.

how do i look for a small compy that will hire in ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

i had a so call boss after i got out of school pincel wip me train me for a week an put me in a truck send me west. got to orgon cal border the truck got away did not crash but got hit on dac for tires hours driving log.drove all the way back went east south got home an fird me got what he wonted paid me little an throw me away. i need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

18 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: Good grief,what the heck is wrong with that guy sending you out west of all places not to be with only a week of training.What do you mean the trk got away,did you forget to set the brks when exiting the trk?I suggest you get the right amount of training and learn the logs.Hoepfully this being on your dac won't affect your chances of employment.

Well you don't have any exp so it may be hard finding a small company.Most if not all reqire exp and do not have a training program.What your so called boss did was totally in the wrong.I would see about getting those things he said off your dac before it does tarnish your chances of any companies hiring you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

how do i got those thigs off is there any programs that can help me. i was going down a 7% grade whin that happen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

how do i get those thing off my dac

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

18 months ago

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio said: how do i get those thing off my dac

OK I just googled getting lies removed from your dac report and there's alot of information.Try that and let me know what you come up with.How long ago did this happen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

18 months ago

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa said: OK I just googled getting lies removed from your dac report and there's alot of information.Try that and let me know what you come up with.How long ago did this happen?
Thank god you did'nt kill anybody or yourself.Blame this on your boss for cutting you loose when you pretty much had zero training.A week does'nt qualify as training.You have a good case here maybe find some lawyer online that can get your dac explunged.But I don't know how much it would cost.Truckers do it all the time,getting things removed from their dac so I imagine it does'nt cost much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio

18 months ago

i was going to tucoma wa.i was at the cal,oregn border i had the truck in low gear there was a truck in front of me that stayed on his breaks i finly got around him buy that time mine were gone that was my first time out there whin i got down the hill tires were on fire fire dept put thim out three tires were gone. got tires fix the compy trailer i was hauling was ok frate was ok. the compny mantns depmt told me to drive it to the next safe place jez it was the scale i got there a tire blow on the scale.thay got me for three tire driving 104 hr over an my name not on log. only was out only 5 mounths didnt get started how long duz that stay csr,psp,dac report

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

18 months ago

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio said: i was going to tucoma wa.i was at the cal,oregn border i had the truck in low gear there was a truck in front of me that stayed on his breaks i finly got around him buy that time mine were gone that was my first time out there whin i got down the hill tires were on fire fire dept put thim out three tires were gone. got tires fix the compy trailer i was hauling was ok frate was ok. the compny mantns depmt told me to drive it to the next safe place jez it was the scale i got there a tire blow on the scale.thay got me for three tire driving 104 hr over an my name not on log. only was out only 5 mounths didnt get started how long duz that stay csr,psp,dac report
Good question,wish I knew.Maybe someone here knows how long it stays on your dac.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

steph1970 in Kannapolis, North Carolina

18 months ago

I started with CR England to get my CDL back in dec of 2005 and then went on to Schneider and then went to US Express in 10/06 to 06/07. My brakes went out when i got hit from behind from another truck and i hit another big truck. I lost my job because of that and got injured. I can not get any medical help to fix my problems. I do miss driving sometimes. But now since i got married my husband does not want me to go back and driving again. I would love to bring home some money again like i used to when i was driving. I live in North Carolina now. I do not have my CDL anymore i got rid of it back in Aug 09. I just want to know if my dac is clean again how can i go back and start driving and get my CDL again and drive an automatic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MVR Repair Guy in Northport, Alabama

15 months ago

For everyone wanting to fix their MVR and CSA scores, it is actually easier than you might think!

Check out cdlconsultant.com/legal-services/mvr-repair/

Our resident CSA/MVR expert Justin can answer all your questions and get you on your way to a clean MVR/CSA score today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

patriciajnsn in Sioux City, Iowa

15 months ago

MVR Repair Guy in Northport, Alabama said: For everyone wanting to fix their MVR and CSA scores, it is actually easier than you might think!

Check out cdlconsultant.com/legal-services/mvr-repair/

Our resident CSA/MVR expert Justin can answer all your questions and get you on your way to a clean MVR/CSA score today!

I'm going to check out your site.I have a hard time trusting any site from the net.Most just take your money and run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andre Stafford in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

I will consider negative DAC hits,looking to hire skilled drivers with a professional attitude and desire to make money the right way!!!!!! Make a fresh start: Visit: www.adssystems.org/Jobs.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valerie42002@yahoo.com

15 months ago

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio said: how do i get those thing off my dac

Go to hirer right. Com and put in to depute the allegations. They will check. It out. And if he fell to response. They will clean up your report. So go on line to dac.com. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

valerie42002@yahoo.com

15 months ago

What about the psp report.

Andre Stafford in Dallas, Texas said: I will consider negative DAC hits,looking to hire skilled drivers with a professional attitude and desire to make money the right way!!!!!! Make a fresh start: Visit: www.adssystems.org/Jobs.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

valerie42002@yahoo.com

15 months ago

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio said: how do i get those thing off my dac

Go to hirer right. Com and put in to depute the allegations. They will check. It out. And if he fell to response. They will clean up your report. So go on line to dac.com. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

valerie42002@yahoo.com

15 months ago

robert.bowman33@yahoo.com in Toledo, Ohio said: how do i get those thing off my dac

Go to hirer right. Com and put in to depute the allegations. They will check. It out. And if he fell to response. They will clean up your report. So go on line to dac.com. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Johnson in Dallas, Texas

13 months ago

Currently taking applications for 6 OTR Regional Class A drivers with at least 1 year of Tractor Trailer experience with in the last 3 year. No more than 3 moving violations with in the last 3 years.

COMPANY DRIVERS
*GREAT HOME TIME
*3,300-3,500 miles a week
*$900 to $1200 weekly Take home
*Flex Scheduling- 7 to 10 days out 2 1/2 in or 14 to 21 days out 3 1/2 in *Paid Weekly (Friday with Direct Deposit Option)

TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW
www.adssystems.org/Jobs.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

travelr53 in Roseville, California

12 months ago

Truckerswifey in Salyersville, Kentucky said: I think the only ones that carry in house training are prime and swift, good luck!

C.R. England has a school in salt lake city and in Fontana California, Larry, in Northern Calif.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Brandon, Florida

10 months ago

I recently got my cdl class a .I start working for Swift drove for them till Aug 9th when i had a backing indecent at truck stop i got to close to the other truck so swift fired me i only have had my cdl since March 15th 2013 so only 6 months and when i applied for other companys swift said i had 3 accidents now no one will touch me does anyone know anyone out there that will hire me i am an OTR Driver

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Second Chance Opportunity in Dallas, Texas

9 months ago

TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW
www.adssystems.org/Jobs.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chzman19 in Cottage Hills, Illinois

8 months ago

I got 11 years exp had a rollover 3/1/13 got hired at Midwest Express Co
out of Kansas City Ks www.mwex.net
also try TRIAD TRANSPORT INC
AND COVENANT TRANSPORT
AND BUTLER TRANSPORT
GOOD LUCK AND DONT GIVE UP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

stanman in California

5 months ago

Tony Smith in Duncanville, Texas said: ANDRE STAFFORD
THIS FORUM WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO INCLUDE THE PHONE NUMBER SO I WILL SEND YOU HIS EMAIL ADDRESS sadslogistics@ymail.com

I have driven for years... I also drove a taxi cab..and had to take defensive driving lessons every year.. Required by law... What dose this have to do with anything?? Well during the defensive driving class they showed that 98% of your time is utilized in driving...Verses a person whom drives to work everyday..using 45 minutes to an hour of driving time... So the average joe uses..only 4% of his time driving to work everyday... But you use 98% of your time driving verses..Joe who only uses 4% of driving time during the whole week... What is the key here?? Well the man studying defensive driving states the you will most likely be in an accident 50% higher than joe whose percentage of being in an accident 2% to 3% verses your percentage of 50% to 75% of the time... So 50% to 75% of the time you are going to be in an accident no matter the technique used to avoid the accident... We are talking about a Car being in an accident..that can stop faster menover quickly to avoid an object... If a truck avoided the same object..You will be laying on your side... If you slammed on brakes the way a car did...Your Load would be sitting in your lap... So this means that 50% to 75% of the time you are going to be in an incident../accident...For Instance I was coming out of Amarillo Texes...and Their was 3 left turning lanes & 4 lanes that didn't turn... The mexican with no lisence thinks hes in a turning lane..So he makes a left into my 18 wheeler... and now I'm charged with Failure to yeld right of way...slash //Side swipe... The fool ran into me on my blind side...I was not in a turning lane and neither was he...It was his fault but it went on my dac as it was my fault...Really!!! Texas State law states that if you change lanes during an accident it automatically becomes your fault!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stanman in California

5 months ago

Really!!!! He hit me but the trucking companies are judge jury and Executioner...Meaning you are guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt if they say you are.. This has become out of control... I need to file a law suite against DAC And The Trucking company for braking my Constitutional Right... First off DAC Violates DMV laws... Which are decided by a jury and a Judge...Not Joe Blow in an office whom decides ..or just because the safety department says so... And not only file a class actin suite against the trucking companies...But assign a doler amount against damage....Say if the damage to the truck is less than 50,000 dollers...You cannot under any circumstances...Put on an individuals dac...Incidents...Such as scraping a bumper when backing...or scraping a pole while turning...or something...The trucking companies Put the least little scratch against you as if you have comitted a major crime or something...The major crime is that they are stopping the trucker form working...My experience with Defensive Driving...Says that 60% of the time you will be in an accident..Simpley because you spend 95% of your time driving...Defensive Driving Professionals will tell you this...So then why the hell are they so tough on a truck driver.... They need to then issue...Malpractice Insurance for truckers...Because that means that we are more at risk than a doctor performing surgery in a hospital!!! This crap has got to stop....And Right now!!!! Or by God Ill find a constitutional Law that will shut the whole trunking busness down...To proclaim it is too dangerious an operation to be in business...Because it is a risk wating to happen...Dose this make since and do i make my self Clear!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

River

5 months ago

When is DAC going to be out of businese ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CDL A Driver Services in Clinton Township, Michigan

5 months ago

We Have CDL A Driving positions Available For All Levels of experience in the Trucking Industry We Are Looking for every one from Students To owner operators. WWW.jobs4drivers.weebly.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.