leaving your truck for company to pick up

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 79)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

DIXIEBELL in Centre, Alabama

78 months ago

hi ron,
in answer to your question about leaving your truck and having the company pick it up.....YES IT WILL AFFECT YOUR FUTURE IN OTHER DRIVING JOBS! i say this, ron, because i have been driving for 3.5yrs now otr and made the mistake of going with a small trucking company for better money. i asked to be home for 1 day(which was suppose to be my already applied for 3day hometime anyway)for a very important doctor's appt. and was told i could not go home!!! i informed this "Beech" out of little rock,ar.(co. i worked for at the time)that i was quitting and taking the truck back to the terminal where i orginally picked it up and clean it out and go home. i get home, i receive my last payday which was only 80 bucks when they got done with it!!!! he took 500 for "unauthorized use of equipment" and charged me out of route miles to the terminal. end of this story is i acquired a copy of my DAC Report and it shows i was terminated and abandoned a truck!!!!! yes i am having a tuff time of finding another driving job now because of companies being allowed to put whatever they wish to put on drivers DAC Records!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ronnie in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

Yea, I figure that. Cause I am having a hell of a time trying to get back over the road. Is there anything we can do. Protest the DAC or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Ron,
Not positive on the site I sent you but here is something I found in the papers I received when I requested a copy of my Dac....
(You have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information. If you identify information in your file that is incomplete or inaccurate, and report it to the consumer reporting agency, the agency must investigate unless your dispute is frivolous. See www.ftc.gov/credit for an explanation of dispute procedures.)
I hope this helps ya out Ron,
Suzy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thanks you much Dixie. I am hoping that with the family emerency they will see it the right way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Hope I helped ya out some Ron. I wish you the best Ron.
Suzy

78 months ago

Hi Ron,
Just found out some new info about trying to clear your DAC or at least have your side of the story told so companies will be able to see this when they check your DAC for new employment....
Call 1-800-331-9175
Call this number to dispute the info on your DAC and if they do not change it then put in a rebuttal.
www.dotjobhistory.com

I am going to try this Monday and see if it will help....wish ya luck my fellow driver!
Suzy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Dixie your the greatest. Will call and give my side of things, will keep you posted. Once again thanks and maybe sometime in the near (very near) future maybe we can go over some of the BS thats in this field, and maybe we could help those that comes behind us to have a better trucking career
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lloyd erdmier in phoenix, United States minor outlying islands

77 months ago

I was working for SWIFT and I was still in training with my mentor when I was approaching to a narrowed street I stopped completelly to analize my space and, the only way that I had to get out was to make a U turn really thight because I was not going to drive 2 miles backwards at night time risking my self to heat something.
After I did the U turn, I left with no problem but, I damagged the rear of my tractor with the head of my own trailer when they touched to each other due to my jackniving.
Obviously I didn't have a ticket or police report because I didn't touch anything otwards.
2 weeks latter,
When I finished my training my surprise was that SWIFT fired me and my trainer.
They put that incident in my DAC report like a preventable accident.
It was not so big like it seems, however is hurting me really bad because if I don't dispute or fix this, my career is already over for the rest of my life in spite of my MVD report appears clean.
This incident happened in 06/2007.
Please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

afa in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

I was working for SWIFT and I was still in training with my mentor when I was approaching to a narrowed street I stopped completelly to analize my space and, the only way that I had to get out was to make a U turn really thight because I was not going to drive 2 miles backwards at night time risking my self to heat something.
After I did the U turn, I left with no problem but, I damagged the rear of my tractor with the head of my own trailer when they touched to each other due to my jackniving.
Obviously I didn't have a ticket or police report because I didn't touch anything otwards.
2 weeks latter,
When I finished my training my surprise was that SWIFT fired me and my trainer.
They put that incident in my DAC report like a preventable accident.
It was not so big like it seems, however is hurting me really bad because if I don't dispute or fix this, my career is already over for the rest of my life in spite of my MVD report appears clean.
This incident happened in 06/2007.
Please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert Hay in Shallotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

I was working for cr england and i was quitting because i made $52,000 and brought home $6,876 after driving for 6 months.When i was on my way to take the truck back i was told over qualcomm my fuel cards were going to be shut off and then another message came over qualcomm and it said they were going to call the police and report my truck stolen.I already have something on my criminal record and i was scared and i got out of the truck and went home.I think something needs to be done because i can't get a driving otr job because of my dac report.I got screwed with no vaseline. THANKS ROBBIE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Covington Ga.

76 months ago

For you guy,s with the bad DAC reports I know exactly how yoou feel. I,ve been in trucking since 1976,worked for several different small companies.March 07 went to work for a larger company out of Pensacola FL.(maybe someone at this hole in the ground outfit will see this)I had a run in with SAFETY over a minor I mean minor accident where I backed into a truck in a truckstop(my fault no dobut)they told me I would have to pay 1,000 dollars deductible for there insurance. I informed them I would not pay this I was ordered to bring there truck back to fl. out of Atlanta, I offered to take it to the Atlanta yard and was told no .I,m at home 10 miles from my pick-up with dispatch permission when all this took place.Within 2 hours of the end of the conversation the Atl. dispatch and a driver was leaving my yd. with the truck NOW on my dac it say I abannedon there truck and that I have a recoredable accident. I,m in the process of trying to get this off as this is being shown.
but with this on my record and a felony to i,m lost in the trucking world today SO if you can make a living at any other ocupation I suject,s doing it and get away from this BIG DOG eat little dog profesion, if you don,t then good luck
LOOKING FOR A JOB IN GA., LARRY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Larry in Covington Ga. said: For you guy,s with the bad DAC reports I know exactly how yoou feel. I,ve been in trucking since 1976,worked for several different small companies.March 07 went to work for a larger company out of Pensacola FL.(maybe someone at this hole in the ground outfit will see this)I had a run in with SAFETY over a minor I mean minor accident where I backed into a truck in a truckstop(my fault no dobut)they told me I would have to pay 1,000 dollars deductible for there insurance. I informed them I would not pay this I was ordered to bring there truck back to fl. out of Atlanta, I offered to take it to the Atlanta yard and was told no .I,m at home 10 miles from my pick-up with dispatch permission when all this took place.Within 2 hours of the end of the conversation the Atl. dispatch and a driver was leaving my yd. with the truck NOW on my dac it say I abannedon there truck and that I have a recoredable accident. I,m in the process of trying to get this off as this is being shown.
but with this on my record and a felony to i,m lost in the trucking world today SO if you can make a living at any other ocupation I suject,s doing it and get away from this BIG DOG eat little dog profesion, if you don,t then good luck
LOOKING FOR A JOB IN GA., LARRY

Larry I can deffinitly relate! The small company in Little Rock, Arkansas that I worked for had that stipulation in their policy also if we ever wrecked their truck....meaning the $1000.00 deductible for their insurance! Which I never wrecked their friggin truck but I did get blackballed and lied about on my DAC when I quit the stupid company and now driving jobs aren't to be found!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stoney in Pasadena, California

75 months ago

Well everyone that helped and gave me advise on leaving a truck and having company pick it up, and those of you who told me to get my DAC report THANK YOU MUCH.
I recieved my report and from the company that I left the truck for them to pu it shows me as a NO-SHOW. I'm hoping that don't mean abandoned. And I had a non-recordable accident (lane change) although its not on my MVR the company has it on the report as a preventable. Whats up w/that?
Any way I am on the road to getting a otr trucking job soon. To all of you still having problems finding work in this field, KEEP THE FAITH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

dave in Carnesville, Georgia

73 months ago

Stoney in Pasadena, California said: Well everyone that helped and gave me advise on leaving a truck and having company pick it up, and those of you who told me to get my DAC report THANK YOU MUCH.
I recieved my report and from the company that I left the truck for them to pu it shows me as a NO-SHOW. I'm hoping that don't mean abandoned. And I had a non-recordable accident (lane change) although its not on my MVR the company has it on the report as a preventable. Whats up w/that?
Any way I am on the road to getting a otr trucking job soon. To all of you still having problems finding work in this field, KEEP THE FAITH.

did you get a job if so where

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

My husband got fired from JB Hunt just a week ago. His DAC report has been clean. B-4 he was hired, his drug test show negative, he slipped up and did drugs stupid move yes. How long does it take to for the DAC report to show up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert Hay in Shallotte, North Carolina

73 months ago

It don't take long maybe a week.sorry,I can't get a job at any trucking company because of my dac.

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri

73 months ago

People - Please Obtain your DAC report for FREE!

Go here and download the form, fill it out and mail it to USIS Commercial Services, Inc., P.O. Box 33181, Tulsa, OK 74153.
usis.com/Consumers/default.aspx. Don't bother phoning, no one will return your call.
If the report is false, you can dispute it and you will get action. Lawyers can eat the liars for breakfast if they do not get your information correct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shirley Din in New Haven, Connecticut

72 months ago

Can anyone offer a suggestion? My DAC has 5 accidents on it backing,hit animal,misc(someone backed into me), hit animal, and ran traffic control(I received a failure to yield citation. They terminated me 3 days later on the ran traffic control accident. All this is on my DAC. I hired an attorney and the citation went from ran traffic control to defective equipment, insurance company hired me an attorney they said they would only do that if they found me not at fault. All in all I can't get another trucking job since this previous employer has on the DAC that I was terminated. Shouldn't it say my Contract Terminated since I was an Independent Contractor.To this day I know I was not at fault and it should say non preventable since the vehicle(police patrol car) ran into my tandems when I had already cleared one lane out of 4 in the intersection with darkness,intersection was around a slight curve and icy weather my truck can only go but so fast. Accident 2/11/2008. Terminated 2/14/2008. Citation verdict 8/2008.

72 months ago

For Shirley Din in New Haven, Connecticut;

You should have your eyes examined by an Ophthalmologist. That medical doctor specializes in eyesight. Tell the doctor what you do for a living and explain the conditions under which you work. You may be seeing a lot less than you think you are. I can tell you that the DOT eyesight requirements let people drive trucks that maybe should not.

My sense is you are taking your accident record too lightly. It is saying you are not processing all of the details of this job properly.

If indeed someone improperly accused you of the matters you describe, you might contact www.driverslegalplan.com. I have not personally used their services yet BUT I know the firm is legitimate and that they specialize in these matters.

Shirley Din in New Haven, Connecticut

72 months ago

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri said: For Shirley Din in New Haven, Connecticut;

You should have your eyes examined by an Ophthalmologist. That medical doctor specializes in eyesight. Tell the doctor what you do for a living and explain the conditions under which you work. You may be seeing a lot less than you think you are. I can tell you that the DOT eyesight requirements let people drive trucks that maybe should not.

My sense is you are taking your accident record too lightly. It is saying you are not processing all of the details of this job properly.

If indeed someone improperly accused you of the matters you describe, you might contact www.driverslegalplan.com . I have not personally used their services yet BUT I know the firm is legitimate and that they specialize in these matters.

Thank you Mr. Carlisle for your suggestions. I will have my eyes checked out and also the website you posted. My MVR is clean all these accidents were on the DAC. It makes me feel that I am a magnet to things running into me. Again thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Collegedale, Tennessee

72 months ago

My husband wants to come home starting October. What is the best way for him to turn in his notice to quit, but not be fired on the spot? Left stranded. Or them not giving him any miles at all until then? Or worse, holding his pay. (They work 2 weeks in the hole) I figured a two week notice is sufficient, but I work behind a desk. Thank you. j

Chuck in Milford, Delaware

71 months ago

I was working for a company that wasn't paying me what they promised and I had some other problems with. While at a location for delivery/pickup, the owner of the company told me to get my things out of the truck and leave the property, basically I was fired for speaking my mind. I was 400 miles + from home, no money and no ride home. Are there any laws to protect truck drivers against employers like this. I'm considering going to the labor department to turn this guy in but don't know if what he did was illegal (leaving me stranded in the middle of New York). Anyone know? Oh yea, he's also refusing to pay me monies due for the work I did while employed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Victor ,PA in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Hi everybody, I was working for the worst company ever,Werner, they got this paperless program,thats not accurate at all and they fired me because my logs wasnt reflecting in their systems,thats what they said,the true is a had to call every single time i logs my time in to make sure it was fixed,they fired me up any way and now a got in my DAC a logs violation,theres any way a cant fixed from my DAC rec. because a having a hard time to get another job,nobady wants to hire me because of that,also am still paying my tuition without of job,please somebody help me or give me and advise,thx.

J. Brown in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

Ronnie in Los Angeles, California said: What if you leave your truck and have the company pick it up. Would that have an affect on getting other driving jobs?

I know it will be on your DAC report if the company you worked for is
a member. I did the same thing a few years ago and its on my DAC. I can't say that it has really hurt me in getting other driving jobs, though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stoney in Mira Loma, California

71 months ago

Thanks Jb. Since I sent this question I have had a few more trucking jobs myself. I did have a non-DOT accident in which it was not recordable, however the company I was with at the time put it under my employment w/them.

Beatrice in Detroit, Michigan

71 months ago

I use to work for J.B Hunt an had 2 preventables accidents put on me within a 90 day probation period. No damage was done to the truck nither time. I was coming around a street that curved in Chicago,IL an to stop from damaging the back side of my trailer on the concrete of the brige i had to back up i got the traffic from behind me before i backed but the tractor was on the curb an fall threw the concrete and i got terminated. I did not have a camera but did not get any citations on this because the officers said that this was not my fault but i got terminated because i was not trying to tear up the people equipment.I can't even get another job. GOD Bless those who can.

SUZY(DIXIEBELL) in Gadsden, Alabama

71 months ago

Ronnie in Los Angeles, California said: Dixie your the greatest. Will call and give my side of things, will keep you posted. Once again thanks and maybe sometime in the near (very near) future maybe we can go over some of the BS thats in this field, and maybe we could help those that comes behind us to have a better trucking career
thanks

Hi Ron,
Been awhile since I have been back on this forum but wanted to see how ya made out with your problem and update you on mine....I finally found a driving job again in July 2008 with a small company in Gadsden,Al. and running southeast regional. Not making much per mile and the equipment isn't the best in the world but it is a driving job and I do get home on weekends now without a hassle!
Well my friend I hope your problems are solved and you found you another driving job in this world of BIG DOG eat LITTLE DOG world!!
Best Wishes,
Suzy

Ronnie in los Angeles Calif in Bloomington, California

71 months ago

Hey Suzie Ms. Dixie girl how r u. Just seen your comment, and as I u has p/u another job myself. The company seem to b ok at first, however we no that could change after the 1st 100miles haha. Glad everything came out good for u. Keep on Trucking

mockenhauptchris@gmail.com in Kingman, Arizona

71 months ago

DIXIEBELL in Centre, Alabama said: hi ron,
in answer to your question about leaving your truck and having the company pick it up.....YES IT WILL AFFECT YOUR FUTURE IN OTHER DRIVING JOBS! i say this, ron, because i have been driving for 3.5yrs now otr and made the mistake of going with a small trucking company for better money. i asked to be home for 1 day(which was suppose to be my already applied for 3day hometime anyway)for a very important doctor's appt. and was told i could not go home!!! i informed this "Beech" out of little rock,ar.(co. i worked for at the time)that i was quitting and taking the truck back to the terminal where i orginally picked it up and clean it out and go home. i get home, i receive my last payday which was only 80 bucks when they got done with it!!!! he took 500 for "unauthorized use of equipment" and charged me out of route miles to the terminal. end of this story is i acquired a copy of my DAC Report and it shows i was terminated and abandoned a truck!!!!! yes i am having a tuff time of finding another driving job now because of companies being allowed to put whatever they wish to put on drivers DAC Records!!!

SUE THEM. Tha's illegal what they did, and they would be held liable for the amount they owed you + lost wages + unfair termination + falsifying your DAC public records. They would have to PROVE you abandoned the truck. Qualcomm is obligated to maintain their records for six years for just this reason. SUE THE BASTARTS FOR A HUNDRED GRAND!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

william gorham in Lorain, Ohio

71 months ago

I WAS DRIVING FOR SMITH TRANSPORT(1 MONTH) AND MY MOM HAD HEART ATTACK. I HAD TO FIGHT TO GET HOME WITH LOAD AND I TOLD THEM I WASN'T SURE WHEN I COULD COME BACK. DUE TO THE FACT MY MOM WATCHED MY 2 BOYS. BOILS DOWN TO THEY CAME TOOK THE TRUCK WITH ALL MY STUFF IN IT AND SAY I WAS NO SHOW AND ABANDONED THE TRUCK. IT WAS ONLY 5 DAYS LATER. I TALKED TO MY DRIVER MANAGER AND SAFETY MANAGER. THEY WON'T TAKE IT OFF. I FEEL THEY COULD'VE AT LEAST CALLED TO LET ME KNOW THEY WERE TAKING TRUCK. ONLY WAY I FOUND OUT WAS BECAUSE I WAS GOING OVER TO TRUCK STOP TO SEND THEM MESS ABOUT WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO DO WITH THE TRUCK,ETC. WHO IS EVER IN THEIR RIGHT STATE OF MIND WHEN AN EMERGENCY IS GOING ON AND THE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND CARE ABOUT NEED US. IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION I CAN TAKE TO GET THIS OFF MY DAC AND TO RECOVER MY STUFF.

71 months ago

mockenhauptchris@gmail.com in Kingman, Arizona said: SUE THEM. Tha's illegal what they did, and they would be held liable for the amount they owed you + lost wages + unfair termination + falsifying your DAC public records. They would have to PROVE you abandoned the truck. Qualcomm is obligated to maintain their records for six years for just this reason. SUE THE BASTARTS FOR A HUNDRED GRAND!!!

HI CHRIS,
THX FOR THE COMMENT. YOUR RIGHT I SHOULD SUE THEIR *** BUT OF COURSE AT THE TIME MONEY WAS TIGHT AND COULDN'T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY, DRIVING JOBS FOR ME WERE NON-EXISTANT AFTER WHAT HE PUT ON MY DAC AND SINCE HE WAS TIED IN WITH USXPRESS ALSO, ANY COMPANY THEY OWN A PART OF IS ALSO OFF LIMITS TO ME!!
I APPRECIATE THE ADVICE THO AND I WILL ATTAIN AN ATTORNEY WHEN I CAN AND "SUE" THEIR ***!!!
HEY YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BE SAFE,
SUZY

71 months ago

Ronnie in los Angeles Calif in Bloomington, California said: Hey Suzie Ms. Dixie girl how r u. Just seen your comment, and as I u has p/u another job myself. The company seem to b ok at first, however we no that could change after the 1st 100miles haha. Glad everything came out good for u. Keep on Trucking

HI RON,
GOOD HEARING FROM YA AGAIN! HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR DOING BETTER....SURE HOPE ITS STILL GOING WELL? I AM STILL WITH THIS LITTLE COMPANY OUT OF GADSDEN,AL. AND DOING OK EXCEPT IN THE MONEY DEPT.! MAKING LESS WITH THEM THAN I EVER MADE IN MY DRIVING CAREER BUT HEY, ITS A JOB SO I AM HAPPY WITH THAT! IT PAYS THE BILLS, LOLOL!
YOU TAKE CARE MY FRIEND AND KEEP THEM WHEELS ROLLING SAFELY!
XOXOX
SUZY

71 months ago

william gorham in Lorain, Ohio said: I WAS DRIVING FOR SMITH TRANSPORT(1 MONTH) AND MY MOM HAD HEART ATTACK. I HAD TO FIGHT TO GET HOME WITH LOAD AND I TOLD THEM I WASN'T SURE WHEN I COULD COME BACK. DUE TO THE FACT MY MOM WATCHED MY 2 BOYS. BOILS DOWN TO THEY CAME TOOK THE TRUCK WITH ALL MY STUFF IN IT AND SAY I WAS NO SHOW AND ABANDONED THE TRUCK. IT WAS ONLY 5 DAYS LATER. I TALKED TO MY DRIVER MANAGER AND SAFETY MANAGER. THEY WON'T TAKE IT OFF. I FEEL THEY COULD'VE AT LEAST CALLED TO LET ME KNOW THEY WERE TAKING TRUCK. ONLY WAY I FOUND OUT WAS BECAUSE I WAS GOING OVER TO TRUCK STOP TO SEND THEM MESS ABOUT WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO DO WITH THE TRUCK,ETC. WHO IS EVER IN THEIR RIGHT STATE OF MIND WHEN AN EMERGENCY IS GOING ON AND THE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND CARE ABOUT NEED US. IS THERE ANY LEGAL ACTION I CAN TAKE TO GET THIS OFF MY DAC AND TO RECOVER MY STUFF.

HI,
I WOULD FIND A GOOD ATTORNEY AND DEFFINITELY TAKE THEM TO COURT! THAT WAS SO DIRTY OF SMITH TRANSPORT THAT THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!! BELIEVE ME THO, THESE TRUCK COMPANIES COULD CARE LESS ABOUT US AS DRIVERS, ALL THEY WANT IS THEIR TRUCKS MOVING AS FAST AS IT WILL ROLL AND "THEM" MAKING MONEY OFF OF US!!! DON'T GET ME WRONG, I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED DRIVING A TRUCK AND HAVE HAD SOME GREAT DISPATCHERS(ONCE WE GOT THINGS STRAIGHT)LOL! AS FOR THE COMPANIES I HAVE WORKED FOR, I HAVE TO SAY BEECH FREIGHT SYSTEMS OUT OF N. LITTLE ROCK,AR. WAS THE WORST!! THE OWNERS OF THAT SMALL, FAMILY-OWNED, SUPPOSEDLY CHRISTIAN COMPANY IS A JOKE!!! IF THEY ARE THE IMAGE OF A CHRISTIAN THEN I SURE DON'T CHOOSE TO BE ONE!!! GOOD THING I AM ONE FROM ANOTHER CALIBER...(NOTHING WORSE THAN A CHRISTIAN TWO-FACED PERSON)!!!
ANYWAYS, I DO WISH YOU THE BEST AND I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOM....
TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK WITH STUPID SMITH TRANSPORT!
XOXOX
SUZY

Ronnie in los Angeles Calif in Caliente, California

71 months ago

Hey Suzy, I c things r good w/u. I just went to another orinention w/ a company for railyard. P/u trk in texarkana,tx. drove 1 day n it and had transmission problems. It is an automatic trans. Broke dwn on me twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday, however I made it home, load I had on back had to be deliver on Monday, got home sunday and had a good rest at home b4 deliver. Went to trk 4hr b4 ld was due to make sure I could get it there, but trk wasnt having anymore spit and glue to get it there. So company finally towed trk to freightliner in which it took 2days. Got trk bac and w/n 2hrs the same problem happened. Now they (freightliner)says it will b 3 to 5 days not counting weekin to get trk bac. Company says I will get paid $160 a day until trk is ready, but I want to be driving, I love driving these big rigs. I'm just getting bored sitting at the house. O by the way this is local work which Im at home daily. Love it. Read from U soon

Long Haul in Moscow, Kansas

68 months ago

I am a 22 year old that use to work for Navajo my Father had a Minor heart attack and my dispach gave the ok to shut down for 2 days.. I got back to the truck and my truck and all my gear was gone. Those Basterds put abandonment of a truck on my DAC and i cant find anyone that will hire me with that crap they dont even lissen to what happened they just lissen to the computers... If anyone can help please do.. i fixing on loosing my home.....

68 months ago

Long Haul in Moscow, Kansas said: I am a 22 year old that use to work for Navajo my Father had a Minor heart attack and my dispach gave the ok to shut down for 2 days.. I got back to the truck and my truck and all my gear was gone. Those Basterds put abandonment of a truck on my DAC and i cant find anyone that will hire me with that crap they dont even lissen to what happened they just lissen to the computers... If anyone can help please do.. i fixing on loosing my home.....

People - Please obtain your DAC report FREE!

Go here and download the form, fill it out and mail it to USIS Commercial Services, Inc., P.O. Box 33181, Tulsa, OK 74153.
usis.com/Consumers/default.aspx. Do not bother phoning, no one will return your call.

If the DAC report is FALSE, you can dispute it and you WILL get action. Lawyers can eat these liar companys for breakfast if they do not correctly report your information.

If indeed someone improperly accused you of the matters you describe, you might contact www.driverslegalplan.com. I have not personally used their services yet BUT I know the firm is legitimate and that they specialize in these matters.

68 months ago

Richard Carlisle in Springfield, Missouri said: People - Please obtain your DAC report FREE!

usis.com/Consumers/default.aspx. Do not bother phoning, no one will return your call.

If the DAC report is FALSE, you can dispute it and you WILL get action. Lawyers can eat these liar companys for breakfast if they do not correctly report your information.

If indeed someone improperly accused you of the matters you describe, you might contact www.driverslegalplan.com . I have not personally used their services yet BUT I know the firm is legitimate and that they specialize in these matters.

I havent got the money to go to the firm.. what else can i do???

68 months ago

Long Haul in Moscow, Kansas said: I havent got the money to go to the firm.. what else can i do???

Many attorneys will take your case on a "contingency basis". It means you pay contingent upon them winning. They will not waste their time or yours if they think you cannot win. Often, a properly worded letter from a knowledgeable person is all it takes.

The firm I recommended just happens to specialize in CDL truck drivers but you can go to your local Legal Aid and ask them to represent you.

If Moscow is too small to have a legal aid office, then try this link. www.attorneylink.us/index.cfm.

You do not need to hire the first Attorney you talk too and www.driverslegalplan.com may recommend an attorney in your area if they do not want the case.

DINOSAUR in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

In reading the posts by various drivers I feel there is a common thread that is lacking in every case; the failure to document or record conversations, instructions, or agreements made between yourselves and company representatives. This should have been done by QualComm, if available, or with a tape recorder (preferably digital). A microphone is readily available which attaches to a phone to record conversation. This is advisable as a matter of routine when verbal instructions are passed to you for load instructions, directions, dispatches, etc. That way you have indisputable proof of what transpired. Also, when using a digital recorder, the conversation, which is time/date stamped, can be uploaded to a computer for storage. If you have a QualComm, you need to send the person a message to the effect: "...In our conversation of December 10, my understanding is that I have permission to take two days leave of absence to attend to personal matters. My truck will be located at..." Lay it all out, whether it is acknowledged or not there is a message stored at QualComm to support your contention. It is important that you retain the message reference number. Above all, you have to COVER YOUR ASS! You should never allow yourself to be put in the position where it is your word against your supervisor without any corroboration.

68 months ago

In the atempt to cover my ass my dispach refused to put that i had full permition to talke two days leave. The sonversation took place on my cell wich dident have the capability to record the conversation... if i cant get this off how long will this stay on my report???

68 months ago

Long Haul in Moscow, Kansas said: In the atempt to cover my ass my dispach refused to put that i had full permition to talke two days leave. The sonversation took place on my cell wich dident have the capability to record the conversation... if i cant get this off how long will this stay on my report???

As far as I know, USIS keeps your DAC active for 3 years. After three years, you are considered to have NO current experience and therefore NOT qualified by many companys. Some will offer you "their training" and maybe $300. per week.

If you have a bad rap on your DAC I suggest you fight it.

DINOSAUR in Shafter, California

68 months ago

When I advised recording instructions, dispatches, agreements, etc. I meant you should purchase a digital voice recorder. You can also get a mic that is like a suction cup and attaches to your phone, or put your phone on speakerphone. Using a recorder is useful for many other purposes, i.e., recording mileage as you cross state lines for fuel tax reporting, when your in a hurry you can record logbook info quickly and accurately, or just for compiling a To Do list. It is so sweet when confronted by management or a dispatcher who denies telling you that you could take those days off and you pop out your little recorder and play it back for him---Sooooooo Sweet!

wolfman in Kennett, Missouri

68 months ago

There was a company I worked for I had an accident in New York but noone was written a ticket.I recently got fired went to get a new job and was told my old company put a preventable accident with 2 injuries can they do that?

DINOSAUR in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

Yes, whether or not a citation was issued has no real bearing on the matter. In fact, I would say that in the vast majority of accidents there were no citations issued.

mrmonorail in Hobbs, New Mexico

68 months ago

DINOSAUR in San Francisco, California said: Yes, whether or not a citation was issued has no real bearing on the matter. In fact, I would say that in the vast majority of accidents there were no citations issued.

either way a company will use an accident against u ticket or no ticket but how is a non ticketed incident/accident appliable if there is no documentation? word of mouth doesn't prove anything just my factual opinion

sologirl1 in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

I WORKED FOR SWIFT AND US EXPRESS. I ONLY HAVE EIGHT MONTHS OF OTR EXPERIENCE. SWIFT TERMINATED ME BECAUSE, I WOULD NOT TAKE A MANDATORY LEAVE OF ABSENCE FOR THIRTY DAYS, THEN SENT ME A LETTER SAYING THAT I ABANDONED MY JOB WHEN I SENT THEM A NOTARIZED LETTER SAYING I AM READY TO COME BACK TO WORK. WITH THAT LIE THEIR STATING I NOT ABLE TO GET UNEMPLOYMENT AND IT'S ON MY DAC REPORT. US EXPRESS ABANDONED ME AT A TRUCK STOP AFTER I HAD A PARKING ACCIDENT, WHICH IS MY FIRST ACCIDENT EVER IN MY LIFE IN A TRUCK OR A FOUR WHEELER. I WAS LEFT THEIR FOR TWELVE HOURS WAITING ON THEM TO PICK UP THEIR TRUCK WHEN I WAS SUSPENDED ON THE SPOT, THIS IS ALSO ON MY DAC REPORT. THIS IS SO WRONG, I LOVE DRIVING AND WENT TO SCHOOL TO LEARN AND NOW NO ONE WILL HIRE ME. STILL HAVE A GOOD DVR BUT THE DAC IS LIES. I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT WILL LISTEN TO THE DAC REPORT TO HIRE ME, BECAUSE IT'S LIFE ASKING A CRIMINAL TO TELL THEM WHAT THEY THINK OF ME. I THINK WE ALL SHOULD TRY TO GET THIS DAC COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS BY STORING FALSE INFORMATION ON DRIVERS WHEN THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW IF THE INFO IS TRUE ARE NOT. THEY SHOULD BE BROUGHT UP ON CHARGES OF SLANDER IF THEY KEEP FALSE INFO ON YOU WHEN THEY CAN'T PROVE THAT THE INFO IS TRUE. DOES ANY ONE AGREE WITH ME? I NEED HELP TO TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY PLEASE RESPOND.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

wolfman in Kennett, Missouri

68 months ago

Does anyone know of a trucking company that hires you without a dac report.I have been driving 20 years and after getting fired from my last job and them putting a preventable accident with 2 injuries on my dac I am unable to find work to support my family I live in Missouri but I will travel to a job if I need to thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

People - Please obtain your DAC report FREE!

Go here and download the form, fill it out and mail it to USIS Commercial Services, Inc., P.O. Box 33181, Tulsa, OK 74153. www.usis.com/Consumers/default.aspx. Do not bother phoning, no one will return your call.

USIS is the former United States Information Services, a part of the US Federal Government gone private. My sense is they do NOT like companies that file false reports with them.

If the DAC report is FALSE, you can dispute it and you WILL get action. Lawyers can eat these liar companies for breakfast if they do not correctly report your information.

If indeed someone improperly accused you of the matters you describe, you might contact www.driverslegalplan.com. I have not personally used their services yet BUT I know the firm is legitimate and that they specialize in these matters. Also, call Legal Aid in your area. They should point you in the right direction free of charge.

68 months ago

wolfman in Kennett, Missouri said: Does anyone know of a trucking company that hires you without a dac report.I have been driving 20 years and after getting fired from my last job and them putting a preventable accident with 2 injuries on my dac I am unable to find work to support my family I live in Missouri but I will travel to a job if I need to thanks

Go to www.dotcfr.com and look at Section 391. ANY new DOT employer is required to check you out. Will they spend hours on the phone and fax with your Ex plus DMV or a keystroke at USIS? What do you think they will do?

In this economy, drivers with bad DAC's are like leaking bags of sugar at Wal*Mart. Which bag would you buy?

Keep your DAC as clean as you can. If you have truthful derogatory items on your DAC, you may need to find an employer that is not already in trouble with their insurer.

njdrifter

67 months ago

Terry in Jackson, Mississippi said: do Dac FIX work. Some say no And now I Need to hear from you.

DAXFIX.COM is a joke , do not waste your money or time . all they do is have you request your DAC report and then they do the same thing DAC them selves do when you dispute a false entry , they call the company in question , ask them if the info is true and thats it. DAC claims to investigate your claims of false entries , what they will MAYBE !!!! do is call the company , ask who ever answers the phone if the info is true and of course the company says yes and thats it , thats all they do IF they do that . ... end result , your still left with false entries on your DAC . DAC is 50% of the problem, the companies that use DAC are the other 50% of the problem . I have been saying this until I am blue in the face but even with proof that the following method works , AMERICAN TRUCK DRIVERS WILL NOT BAN TOGETHER TO DO IT . SHUT IT DOWN , WHY CANT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WE DRIVERS HAVE ALL THE POWER WE NEED TO CHANGE THE INDUSTRY ENTIRELY .STOP THINKING ABOUT THE 1 OR 2 DAYS YOU LOOSE , THINK ABOUT THE THE YEARS OF EARNING MORE , ELIMINATING THE USE OF DAC REPORTS AND NO LONGER BEING TREATED LIKE COMMOM SCUM. TRUCK DRIVERS ARE THE ONES WHO KEEP THIS COUNTRY IN MOTION , WITH OUT US , KNOW ON HAS ANYTHING .
I say this all the time , FOR A COUNTRY OF HOMO PHOBIC PEOPLE , WE SURE LOVE TO TAKE IT UP THE POOP SHOOT AND WE SEEM TO LIKE IT .
USIS/DAC AND MOTOR CARRIERS ARE FLYING WELL BELOW THE RADAR ,AND THE GOVERNMENT IS SIMPLY TURNING A BLIND EYE .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.