Newbridge College In CA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 95)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Janice in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

I'm thinking of going back to school, and attending Newbridge College in Orange County, to become an Ultrasound Technologist. Has anybody out there attended this program? Is it easy to find a job after graduation? It's a lot of money to attend ($34K) and I'm a little nervous about it and I wanted to speak with somebody working in the field, in Orange County or if anybody has heard anything good or bad about this school.

Can anybody give me some advice? I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Thanks Jessie! I really appreciate the information. I didn't know there was a lawsuit, but Cypress is looking like a much better choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Jessie in Los Angeles, California said: Do NOT go to this school. I attended and it was the most expensive mistake I've ever made. They tell you that they're accredited, but they're only accredited to be a vocational school, there's nothing extra for the US program. I had a 3.8 GPA and had a great recommendation from the tech I worked under for my externship, but couldn't even get an interview after graduation. I looked from bakersfield down to San Diego and over to Arizona and Nevada and it was a total, depressing, waste. Out of the 12 people I graduated with, only 1 got a job, and it was in Hawaii. Everyone else is working in totally different fields and just really frustrated. I could go on forever about how furious I am that I was drawn in by the promises and seemingly nice people, but really it comes down to this, it will take longer, but if you want to be an US tech, go to Cypress or Orange Coast.
If you search the school + OC register you will see that a class action lawsuit has been brought against them by their Lab Tech program. I've been hearing some rumors about the same getting underway for the US program. The school will say they have a 30 year history or something like that, but the US program is relatively new and the school changed ownership 3 or 4 years ago.

Hi Jessie,

I forgot to ask...Were you able to test for your ARDMS? Was the test difficult?

Thank you again, for your advice!

-Janice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cm in Garden Grove, California

69 months ago

if you go to any trade school, you have to work full time [[40 hours a week]] every week for a year after you graduate in order to take your ARDMS, of course the schools wont tell you that when you enroll! in california/NV/AZ its almost impossible to get a job in ultrasound without your boards. so, how do you get that one year experience if you cant get a job??

....so basically, go the community college route if you actually want to get a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

kristine in Ladera Ranch, California

69 months ago

Thank you so much for the advise. I was think of asking all these questions and someone else did and my questions are asked and answered. It probably takes longer but it is more valuable in the long run to go thru the community colleges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Miss Jane Doe 67 in Des Plaines, Illinois

66 months ago

Any of you having student loan issues need to check out this site

www .studentloanjustice.org/

The founder of the site has been screwed by the student loan system, and is trying to get the laws changed as far as the ability to discharge student loans via bankruptcy.

There are so many people out there who have had their lives completely ruined by the student loan scam, anyone who is considering taking a loan out needs to read up on what happens to people who can't find a job, or who can't earn a high enough salary to pay for their living expenses, and pay their loans.

Good luck to all of you.

John in Westminster, California

57 months ago

Janice in Los Angeles, California said: I'm thinking of going back to school, and attending Newbridge College in Orange County, to become an Ultrasound Technologist. Has anybody out there attended this program? Is it easy to find a job after graduation? It's a lot of money to attend ($34K) and I'm a little nervous about it and I wanted to speak with somebody working in the field, in Orange County or if anybody has heard anything good or bad about this school.

Can anybody give me some advice? I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

DON'T DO IT. You won't be able to find a job because they're not accredited by CAAHEP. It will be the biggest mistake of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pisdofftech in Lancaster, California

54 months ago

wow i too am a recent graduate and i graduated at the top of my class in scanning and lecture and finished my extern faster than the rest of my class mates and i even do echocardiograms and i am having a he!! of a time trying to find a job.....everyone wants usually a minimum of two years other wise they wont hire you, or certification wich you have to be workin in the field full time for a full year and theirs no other way around it. no wants to hire without either of those things and recent graduates as myself who even i am great at wat i do and with the people i know and the pulls they have....and their up their in ultrasound community and being well known, are having a hard time to get me into something, especially since i live in california.......and the pay is getting worse especially if you work for certain doctors...cheap a$$.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

F Guerrero in Mission Viejo, California

54 months ago

This is the only school I found besides community college,I really like to take on this carrer.any advice?? Thank You.

Orinda in Santa Ana, California

54 months ago

Newbridge doesn't have a very good reputation. Try looking
into JEM College in Corona. They start in March. I have done
some research. It's one of best in the area that is unaccredited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

F Guerrero in Mission Viejo, California

54 months ago

Orinda in Santa Ana, California said: Newbridge doesn't have a very good reputation. Try looking
into JEM College in Corona. They start in March. I have done
some research. It's one of best in the area that is unaccredited.

Thank you so much Orinda,I call them already.

pisdofftech in Rosamond, California

54 months ago

kaplan college of norht hollywood wich was once known as maric is accredited adn is one of the best schools around that i know of and i did my research but.....its soo dam tuff right now trying to get a job i would only consider this career path if you plan on moving out of state for a job

Teresa R in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

What about people like me who have a degree already and is looking into Newbridge college. I will qualify to get certified with the ARMDS after the program. Orange Coast college have a 4 year waiting list and that is too long for me.

Orinda in Santa Ana, California

54 months ago

Try JEM College in Corona.It's a better option,but you have to
have a degree.

Orinda in Pasadena, California

54 months ago

You have to go to www.jemcollege.com. You also have to have a B.S.
or background in a allied health positon. They reguire that you
take medical assisting on every other Sat.,which is good. They
have a good reputation and clinical sites.No federal aid until
probably April,but they have applied.Small school with lots of
scanning time.

SabrinaB in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

What year did you all attend Newbridge? Did they provide you with enough scanning time? Did you get an externship?

Sabrina B in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

How do you know JEM College will have FA in April? I went and talked to the head instructor and she said it should be any day but I call weekly and no FA. Did they give you any indication that it would be April 2010?

Orinda in Pasadena, California

53 months ago

I'm just guessing on that.I talked to them in Dec.and they
were waiting for a target date. I guess some paper work was
holding them up. I know that they really want it going before
March 17th,but I anticipating a little longer,so I'm planning
to pay for a couple of months.They know people are depending on it.

W in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Jessie in Los Angeles, California said: Do NOT go to this school. I attended and it was the most expensive mistake I've ever made. They tell you that they're accredited, but they're only accredited to be a vocational school, there's nothing extra for the US program. I had a 3.8 GPA and had a great recommendation from the tech I worked under for my externship, but couldn't even get an interview after graduation. I looked from bakersfield down to San Diego and over to Arizona and Nevada and it was a total, depressing, waste. Out of the 12 people I graduated with, only 1 got a job, and it was in Hawaii. Everyone else is working in totally different fields and just really frustrated. I could go on forever about how furious I am that I was drawn in by the promises and seemingly nice people, but really it comes down to this, it will take longer, but if you want to be an US tech, go to Cypress or Orange Coast.
If you search the school + OC register you will see that a class action lawsuit has been brought against them by their Lab Tech program. I've been hearing some rumors about the same getting underway for the US program. The school will say they have a 30 year history or something like that, but the US program is relatively new and the school changed ownership 3 or 4 years ago.

Who is the attorney who is preparing/getting the Class Action suit for the Ultrasound program? I want to be a part of that, $32,000. later and no job!!!!I am furious at Newbridge, what a piece of crap they are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

W in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

John in Westminster, California said: DON'T DO IT. You won't be able to find a job because they're not accredited by CAAHEP. It will be the biggest mistake of your life.

Exactly my words also, don't do it. I wasted 18 months of my life and $32,000. for a stupid diploma that isn't worth the paper its written on. Newbridge is not CAAHEP accredited. They will tell you "all you have to do is work full time for one year, then you can take the ARDMS test" well that is true, but no one will hire you for the one year. All the employers are looking for students that attended a CAAHEP accredited program. (If you have a bachelor degree-thats a different story)I have sent out over 300 resumes to every type of imaging facility across the US and everyone of them replied that I was not qualified. I want to find the attorney who is handleing the class action suit against them, I WANT MY MONEY BACK, THEY ARE THIEVES!

Piano in South Pasadena, California

53 months ago

I went Newbridge at Long Beach, and I liked the school. Well, not the school, but the instructor there was very good, espacially he is very good at teaching physics. He also gave us good instructions for scanning and good amount of scanning time. I have a bachelor's degree, so I took RDMS exam for physics while I was in school, and I recently passed OBGYN exam without any problems.

I agree with most people who posted here. If you don't have a bachelor's degree, do not go to the school. Most of my classmates (I would say more than 80%) who don't have bachelor's degree, have not fonund a job yet. Most job posting in Southern CA states that they need RDMS to apply. Since the school does not have CAAHEP, they cannot take the exam, and cannot have 1-year job experience because they don't have RDMS.

I have not tried to look for a job because of my current health issue, so I don't know what the job market is like for people who went non-CAAHEP school w/ RDMS. I hope I can find a job after my health problem is over.

Although I liked the instructor at Long Beach, I didn't like the school. Most staff members were not responsible, and since they were not paid well, they are not motivated to work and people quit job very soon, so everything is not organized... I heard that instructors at Santa Ana are not very good.

So, my conclusion is that if you don't have a bachelor's degree, do not go to the school unless you know someone who will give you a job after you finish the program so that you can get 1-year job experience to take ARDMS exam. Only good thing in the school is one instructor at Long Beach.

W in Alhambra, California

53 months ago

I feel the school has a moral obligation as well as good business practices to inform perspective students all that is involved in finding employment if they attend their school without having a bachelor degree. I feel that Newbridge College is deceitful/noniformative in their approach to gain perspective students as well as throughout the course of studies. Their so called "pep talks" about the job market throughout the course is so far off base, the chances of getting a job without a bachelor degree are slim to none. Big waste of my time and especially my money. Alot of money!

XrayZ in Wilmington, Delaware

53 months ago

pisdofftech in Lancaster, California said: wow i too am a recent graduate and i graduated at the top of my class in scanning and lecture and finished my extern faster than the rest of my class mates and i even do echocardiograms and i am having a he!! of a time trying to find a job.....everyone wants usually a minimum of two years other wise they wont hire you, or certification wich you have to be workin in the field full time for a full year and theirs no other way around it. no wants to hire without either of those things and recent graduates as myself who even i am great at wat i do and with the people i know and the pulls they have....and their up their in ultrasound community and being well known, are having a hard time to get me into something, especially since i live in california.......and the pay is getting worse especially if you work for certain doctors...cheap a$$.....

Any Ultrasound job is better than no job, take the job get your experience and move on.

L in Santa Ana in Buena Park, California

53 months ago

If any of you want to look at the current class action suit against Newbridge College, just google Who is suing Newbridge College. You will find a 2008 article posted by the Orange County Register and the name of the attorney they are using.

WEC in San Gabriel, California

52 months ago

John in Westminster, California said: Are there any former Newbridge College Ultrasound students that are or would like to sue Newbridge? I would loooooove to get on board and sue them for my money back. I'm not gonna pay a student loan for something I never got in return. I'm jobless, in debt, and now family troubles are arising because of our financial mess. What a nightmare.

So let's do this. Let's all get together and sue the ever living poop out of this so-called College. I'm ready...

Yes, I attended that school also and got nothing but a bunch of lies and a huge bundle of debt with no job to repay my students loans, I am furious. Yes I am in this with you....please respond to me and I can contact you through email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Jessie in Downey, California said: Yes! I'm buried in student loans and wasted YEARS thanks to Newbridge. John, my situation sounds strikingly similar to yours. I'm not a huge advocate of lawsuits, but this is a situation where we were flat out deceived and basically had our money stolen. I'm definitely in.

Yes, I am in also. please contact me, I have been looking for others that want to get their money back as well as damages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

John in Westminster, California said: Are there any former Newbridge College Ultrasound students that are or would like to sue Newbridge? I would loooooove to get on board and sue them for my money back. I'm not gonna pay a student loan for something I never got in return. I'm jobless, in debt, and now family troubles are arising because of our financial mess. What a nightmare.

So let's do this. Let's all get together and sue the ever living poop out of this so-called College. I'm ready...

The more I keep reading these blogs....it seems there are many people who want to sue. How can we all get together and make this happen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

I know an attorney that is handleing a class action lawsuit for the students against another crap ultrasound school and he has won a class action prior to the one pending now. He is experienced in ultrasound school lawsuits.

52 months ago

Please lets get this action started against Newbridge, my bills keep accruing interest and I keep borrowing money to stay afloat until I can get back into my prior career. Lets get the ball rolling. Newbridge College are nothing but liars and theives, every single person who works there, especially the Program Director.

52 months ago

John, Yes I attended Newbridge College in Santa Ana and I am furious also. I am sorry about so many replies I made to your blog, but I have been trying to locate other former students who are furious also and am not having any luck until I came across this site and your blog as well as a few others on here. I know an attorney who is experienced in representing ultrasound students class action lawsuits, he has won one case already and another is pending. Please we need to get as many people together as we can to bring this action against Newbridge College. Please email me back or respond...I am not sure how this site works on being able to communicate with each other.

52 months ago

John, yes I am in, I went to Newbridge also, please email me at starcapri@aol.com

kn in Harbor City, California

52 months ago

A former classmate told me about a law firm in Long Beach called Lallande Law Group; they are supposedly getting a class-action suit going against Newbridge. I e-mailed them and of course they never responded. I have talked to a few of my former classmates and they are all in the same predicament-no US job and a big fat loan to repay. Something needs to be done. They should not be able to keep deceiving people and ripping them off. Let's get things going!

52 months ago

please email me at starcapri@aol.com with as many students you know and I do know an attorney that will take on the case.

52 months ago

kn in Harbor City, California said: A former classmate told me about a law firm in Long Beach called Lallande Law Group; they are supposedly getting a class-action suit going against Newbridge. I e-mailed them and of course they never responded. I have talked to a few of my former classmates and they are all in the same predicament-no US job and a big fat loan to repay. Something needs to be done. They should not be able to keep deceiving people and ripping them off. Let's get things going!

You need to call Lallande Law Group in Long Beach, They will be interested in talking with you. Dont email....Call them now.

autumn in Greensboro, North Carolina

52 months ago

so, this school is not good?
im looking into colleges to be a ultrasound technition and they offer this program.
should i reconsider?

D in Perris, California

52 months ago

autumn in Greensboro, North Carolina said: so, this school is not good?
im looking into colleges to be a ultrasound technition and they offer this program.
should i reconsider?

Please if you want to avoid a huge mistake, go to the ARDMS website and look for the schools in your area that are CAAHEP accredited. If you choose to go to a school that is not accredited by CAAHEP you will have to have a full years experience before you can be a registered tech. Getting someone to hire you without ARDMS will be next to impossible. The schools will lie and say they are accredited but check ARDMS and they will also lie and tell you that you will easily be able to get a job for that year of experience. Take advice from someone who has been through this and owes $30,000 for a worthless diploma. Good luck and do your research...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hb in Fullerton, California

51 months ago

i m in i went to newbridge also
it was my biggest mistake in my life/
my husband divorsing me for not having job. he spent $32,000 on me

John in Irvine, California

50 months ago

Apparently, Newbridge hired a guy to help quell the threat of lawsuits against them. He worked in the career services department but has recently been transferred to another area. He wasn't of any help at all when it came to assisting with jobs for Ultrasound Techs.

I would absoulutely love to get my money back. I've had to defer my loans twice now. Once for unemployment purposes, the other for economic hardship. Unless I'm able to get that money back through a lawsuit, I'm looking at possibly 20 + years of student loan repayment. I can't make those payments on my current non-career salary. This is ridiculous!

Let's get this lawsuit going. Please contact me at drillers.baseball@yahoo.com.

- John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Jessie in Downey, California said: Yes! I'm buried in student loans and wasted YEARS thanks to Newbridge. John, my situation sounds strikingly similar to yours. I'm not a huge advocate of lawsuits, but this is a situation where we were flat out deceived and basically had our money stolen. I'm definitely in.

I graduated from Newbridge College at the end of Jan in 2010 and I still dont have an ultrasound job. I found an attorney that has taken on one class action suit against a vocational ultrasound school and won, this attorney is presently representing another group of ultrasound students from American Career College and is looking very promising. The attorney's name is Stuart Talley and he is located in the Sacramento area, I have spoken with him and he would like us to get as many ultrasound students from Newbridge College together as possible and he will fly here and he will set up a meeting at a local place to provide us information about his services and his prior cases and what he could do for us to help in getting our money back. In his first ultrasound case, all the students debt was relieved as well as damages. I truely believe that Mr Talley could represent us and do a great job in recovering our money and damages as well. Please, please get as many class mates as you can to join us in stopping Newbridge from taking other students money and giving false promises.

If you have any questions please feel free to call Mr. Talley at:

stalley@kcrlegal.com
401 Watt Ave.
Sacramento, California 95864

www.kcrlegal.com

or you can email me at starcapri@aol.com

50 months ago

kn in Harbor City, California said: A former classmate told me about a law firm in Long Beach called Lallande Law Group; they are supposedly getting a class-action suit going against Newbridge. I e-mailed them and of course they never responded. I have talked to a few of my former classmates and they are all in the same predicament-no US job and a big fat loan to repay. Something needs to be done. They should not be able to keep deceiving people and ripping them off. Let's get things going!

I have an attorney that wants the case! please contact me at starcapri@aol.com

50 months ago

I have an attorney that wants the case, please contact me at starcapri@aol.com

50 months ago

hb in Fullerton, California said: i m in i went to newbridge also
it was my biggest mistake in my life/
my husband divorsing me for not having job. he spent $32,000 on me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

KN said: I hear ya. me too! Would love to sue those jerks.

50 months ago

Any former ultrasound tech students from Newbridge College that want their money back?? Please email me with your name, phone number and email address. We are gathering names of former students for action and payment against the school. My email address is wchrysler@aol.com. Thank you.

M Royle in Anaheim, California

50 months ago

I am definintely interested in joining a class action for ultra sound. I am in a similar situation. 517

Helen in Manhattan Beach, California

47 months ago

I too was ripped off by Newbridge. It makes me sick that I spent a year and of half of my life and countless hours of study. Hours that I could have spent really getting somewhere with my efforts. I just don't understand how the federal government is willing to give out student loans which is how this school is able to cheat it's students but the federal government as well. They will do just about anything to make sure the government loans are approved. They are giving out false information. I feel so bad for all the students who are counting on this chance to have a better life for their family. They make great sacrafices to attend this program and for what? It really is criminal what Newbridge is doing to so many people. I look forward to the day that they pay for what they have done and continue to do to unsuspecting people. I am ready and willing to join any class action suit against Newbridge. They must be stopped!

Babesmileus in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

Piano in South Pasadena, California said: I went Newbridge at Long Beach, and I liked the school. Well, not the school, but the instructor there was very good, espacially he is very good at teaching physics. He also gave us good instructions for scanning and good amount of scanning time. I have a bachelor's degree, so I took RDMS exam for physics while I was in school, and I recently passed OBGYN exam without any problems.

I agree with most people who posted here. If you don't have a bachelor's degree, do not go to the school. Most of my classmates (I would say more than 80%) who don't have bachelor's degree, have not fonund a job yet. Most job posting in Southern CA states that they need RDMS to apply. Since the school does not have CAAHEP, they cannot take the exam, and cannot have 1-year job experience because they don't have RDMS.

I have not tried to look for a job because of my current health issue, so I don't know what the job market is like for people who went non-CAAHEP school w/ RDMS. I hope I can find a job after my health problem is over.

Although I liked the instructor at Long Beach, I didn't like the school. Most staff members were not responsible, and since they were not paid well, they are not motivated to work and people quit job very soon, so everything is not organized... I heard that instructors at Santa Ana are not very good.

So, my conclusion is that if you don't have a bachelor's degree, do not go to the school unless you know someone who will give you a job after you finish the program so that you can get 1-year job experience to take ARDMS exam. Only good thing in the school is one instructor at Long Beach.

I strongly agree with your opinions. I would love to have instructor as good as the doctor S. from Long Beach who is so passsionate. Oppositely, the sonography director P. in Santa Ana is so bad. She doesn't want to teach student at all or she just doesn't know much about it. Santa Ana school is a waste.

Iam2D in Long Beach, California

47 months ago

I am about to start at Newbridge in Long Beach and before I decided to enroll, I tried to research the school through employers to see if they are hiring students who graduate from this school. So far I have only heard good things about their graduates from those who hired sonographers. This played a major part in my decision to pick this school. I also had a friend who went through the program and have only good things to say about the instructors.

Iam2D in Long Beach, California

47 months ago

I forgot to mention, I do not recommend this school if you do not have a previous degree that would make you eligible to sit for ARDMS or know somebody who is willing to take a risk to hire someone without license. But who knows? I might have a different story in the next year, I am hoping the instructors would not decide to quit while I am there!

kn in Harbor City, California

47 months ago

yes i did! this school is a rip-off. they are very disorganized, every time i turned around there was a new instructor or new administration. while i was there i had 4 different instructors in the ultrasound class. they make all kind of promises and never come through with any of them. the externship was a joke. we were told we would have to have a 3.5 GPA to be placed in a hospital. no one went to a hospital. i was sent to a clinic that barely had any patientsa and 99% of them only spoke spanish. and who is going to lay there and let 8 or 9 students scan them? yes before i finished there were 9 of us crammed into a little exam room. not very conducive to learning. don't make the same mistake i did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.