ardms exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 3877)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

daniella in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

i pass my physics exam the frist time ,i fail my abd exam last month and i am very depressed any body have any suggestion?i did study esp very well but there were questions on the test that was not in esp please those of you that pass the abd what did you study ? thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (224) / No (55) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

thanks , whatelse did you study,what school did you go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

i want to know what area was the most questions and what he studid from,thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Newark, New Jersey

74 months ago

Anonymous:

Thanks guys for your help.
My school gives me clinical experience of 2 years because we do real patients in our school referred by different doctor's. But we do not diagnose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

i would only go for ardms, i know how hard it is but it is the only one that all the center wants .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Montville, New Jersey

74 months ago

goin for physicssss :) so excited loool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sasee1 in Lafayette, Indiana

74 months ago

I've pass my abdominal board but have failed the physics exam 3 times! This last time by a mere 5 pts. Its very depressing to keep studying over and over and get nowhere. I attended ESP 2 years ago and have used the workbook and also Davies, and my text book from school. I'm really just venting, but does anyone have any suggestions. I'm on the verge of losing my job if I fail again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

teelovey in Riceboro, Georgia

74 months ago

Hey you guys: As an older person changing careers, even school was challenging for me. I took my US physics and passed and soon after, I took my RVT physics (which was not much different) and passed. I never cared for physics and my goal was to pass this test first and be done with it! My teacher advised that I take the rvt around the same time and it worked for me. My personal strategy was: I purchased a mini-recorder when I started school. I read my notes into the recorder and listened on my drive to school and clinicals. I had to drive at least 40 minutes each day. This may sound stupid to you, but it really helped me out. I didn't really memorize stuff, but hearing it more than once or twice made it stick with me. I have an aversion to math and physics reminds me of math.
After I graduated (with honors), I too could not find a job in the field. I finally decided to apply for a PRN position and it immediately became full time. I just passed my OB exam after I failed the abd in June. I think the main difference is: with physics, its either black or white. With abdomen, it could me more than one answer. My new goal is to begin studying for abd this week and pass before the end of Jan 2009. Good luck and try not to put extra pressure on yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Concord, California

74 months ago

teelovey in Riceboro, Georgia said: Hey you guys: As an older person changing careers, even school was challenging for me. I took my US physics and passed and soon after, I took my RVT physics (which was not much different) and passed. I never cared for physics and my goal was to pass this test first and be done with it! My teacher advised that I take the rvt around the same time and it worked for me. My personal strategy was: I purchased a mini-recorder when I started school. I read my notes into the recorder and listened on my drive to school and clinicals. I had to drive at least 40 minutes each day. This may sound stupid to you, but it really helped me out. I didn't really memorize stuff, but hearing it more than once or twice made it stick with me. I have an aversion to math and physics reminds me of math.
After I graduated (with honors), I too could not find a job in the field. I finally decided to apply for a PRN position and it immediately became full time. I just passed my OB exam after I failed the abd in June. I think the main difference is: with physics, its either black or white. With abdomen, it could me more than one answer. My new goal is to begin studying for abd this week and pass before the end of Jan 2009. Good luck and try not to put extra pressure on yourself.

Hi, What is PRN position?
I am getting ready for my OB, but honestly I don't have much experience with 2nd trimester abnormalities, most of my cases are normal pregnancies.
Could you please give me some tips for exam. What study materials do you think is the best? please any recommendations...On which topics I have to pay more attention?.Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

teelovey in Saint Simons Island, Georgia

74 months ago

You are welcome. I hope it helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

teelovey in Saint Simons Island, Georgia

74 months ago

Hey if you can tell me what to study for on the ABD test, I'd love it! Any help is great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Concord, California

74 months ago

Thank you very much for your advises.It does not look that bad....
Good luck with abdominal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

steven in Hollywood, Florida

73 months ago

To Kim in Dallas, Texas

Take the CCI test first, RCS. Once u have that u can take the RDCS. Its in the pre-requisites. Look it up in the ARDMS site

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Walnut Creek, California

73 months ago

steven in Hollywood, Florida said: To Kim in Dallas, Texas

Take the CCI test first, RCS. Once u have that u can take the RDCS. Its in the pre-requisites. Look it up in the ARDMS site

Steven could you please explain a little bit more about How to get CCI?, What prerequisites you have to have ?
I have a friend Why passed RDCS physics and can't get a job for experience..
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

teelovey in Brunswick, Georgia

73 months ago

Yes. My next challenge will be the ABD exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

abtus in San Diego, California

73 months ago

I am studying for the OB/GYN test. How is the test? What topics should I really be focusing on??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

hi every one i am going for abd ardms in 2 weeks any one have any sugesstions ?i failed it once ,thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

i cannot thank you enough for your notes is it any way you can fax me all the notes ? i am so thankfull .

73 months ago

i did not attent his seminar and i did pass my test only by reading his seminar book, he told me to buy another book which was a vaste and i still hane it only read the seminar book and you will apss it but the key is to fully understand the subject,you will pass if you study hard.

73 months ago

can you check your email.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lily walter in Phoenix, Arizona

73 months ago

anyone out there have any sugjestions on thc PHYSICS for adult echo. I have taken it 3 times I AM desprate , PLEASSSSE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Noren in San Diego, California

72 months ago

I am just beginning to research Ultrasound Technician and there are a lot of things I need to know before going into this field of work.
Why do you need to take this exam? Is it a license exam to use the equipment/diagnose?

I am hearing a lot of people can't find work after they're done with school and a lot of people failing the exams. I just want to know why you need to pass these exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

How many parts to the exam do you need to pass to be registered? Do you get to choose which part of the exam, say physics, abdomen, etc., you want to take?

I understand being registered with CAAHEP will you give a better chance of being hired. If you're not registered, can you still work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

The specialties like abdomen, ob-gyn, breast & neuro are required exams to be registered? After that, you can specialize one or more of these areas? How long to study all of that and passing all exams?

For me, I prefer to specialize in abdomen and ob/gyn and maybe breast. I just want to start slow and work my way up with other areas.

Off topic question: what is the difference between Ultrasound Technician and Sonography/Medical Ultrasound?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Thuy in Anaheim, California

72 months ago

Hi Everyone,
I just happened to stumble upon this very informational forum, and thought I'd add a little input. FYI, I just took the Physics and passed in October 2008. I went to the seminar from Pegasus lectures- VERY helpful. Frank Miele is very knowledgeable and a very good teacher (he designs ultrasound machines). They guarantee you pass or you can re-take the class for free. I actually understood the material instead of just memorizing (which doesn't work for Physics, by the way). I learned more in 3 days at the seminar than in school. I was blown away at how easy he made Physics. Lots of people from Eddelman's seminars came to Miele's because they've continually failed it. He's a little expensive (they offer student discounts) and it includes the 2 volume text book(don't get intimidated by the 2 volumes, they're thin, easy to read and understand) but I think it's worth it to pass and not have to worry about ever again. You still have to study, don't expect to pass by just attending the seminar. They also offer discounts on future seminars once you've attended one. I have notes if anyone's interested; just give me your email.

I'm taking Abd end of January 2009. Any suggestions or hints? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hello. I went to an accredited program at a technical school in rural GA. Currently, there is no wait period to get in there. The number of students allowed in the program depends on the number of clinical sites they have available. The advisors tell everyone interested in the program that the local market is flooded with sonographers (although not all are registered) and the likelihood of finding a job nearby is very slim. They lay out the facts so the students know that they will either have to relocate or travel. And then they can decide if they want to enter the program or change to something else like xray or echo.
The local 4-year college just started offering ultrasound as well. What I understand from the students is that their program is NOT accredited. However, they can take their exams before we could because it is a 4yr school. Once they pass their registry, it is a moot point if the school is accredited. They are now registered!! Figure that one out!

72 months ago

Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention: I have heard that if a hospital or imaging center is seeking ICAVL accreditation - this has to do with Medicare reimbursement payments - the techs will HAVE to be registered. I know of a couple of hospitals in Savannah that give their new hires 1 year to get registered or lose their jobs. My teachers think becoming registered is the way of the future. Many years ago, you didn't have to do it. Now, in order to be competitive, it is required. You can research: www.icavl.org. Although this is dealing with vascular, a lot of places want this accreditation to ensure they are getting paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

ICAVL provides accreditation for vascular labs. However, only 1 or 2 techs are required RVT status and the others may not be required vascular but must be registered. I am sure this varies from place to place. In one hospital I interviewed they were ICAVL accredited and some of their techs were RVT, but they also did abd and ob exams as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Nope. That's one that I am still procrastinating. I just don't want to get back into the studying yet. I have been reading the Twilight saga and to be honest, it's a lot more interesting! I will get started soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steph8318 in Montgomery, Alabama

72 months ago

I want to take the OBGYN test soon. Des anyone have any suggestions regarding study material? If so, what do you recommend? Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I don't recall more than one or two at the most. I keep saying that the test I had was not nearly as difficult as I imagined it would be. My friend who had failed it twice swore I got a remedial test. She finally passed just before Christmas and held out that her test was very difficult. I think what it comes down to is the individual. I know there are different versions of the test. We compared questions and many that I had, so did she. So they could not have been so different. That's my theory.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Natalia in Santa Clara, California

72 months ago

I took my OB/Gyn one week ago, did not pass it, was short in 12 points.Here is some information about the test: It was a lot questions of normal anatomy,blood supplies of uterus and ovaries, menstrual cycle( hormones) and menopausal abnormalities,some questions about umbilical artery. I was surprised there is was not many questions about abnormalities (2nd trimester) I expected much more.
I spend lot of time study abnormalities- don't do that, focuses on normal anatomy, gynecology, infertility, Doppler of umbilical artery,hormones...
Does anybody know about Davis CD, is it the same questions as in Revue book??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

rpfeiffer in Manteca, California

72 months ago

i just took the abd test this weekend, didnt pass by ten points. Took the physics exam in november 2008, didnt passs by five points. i am very very depressed about it. for the physics exam i studied only the esp workbook, and i attended the seminar. i found that there were many questions on the physics exam that were not coverd in the physics seminar and workbook. after i failed i reviewed my physics textbook and found many answers to questions that i didn't know. im retaking the physics exam in 5 weeks and im very nervou. as for the abdomen exam, i studied the edlemans flash cards along with the davies cd rom. there were sooooo many questions on the test that were confusing, mostly some of the image questions seemed unaswerable, any suggetions on how to study those??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rpfeiffer in Manteca, California

72 months ago

why doesnt ardms have a study guide and not just an outline. seems it would be more likely to pass if we knew exactly what they wanted us to study. after failing two of the exams, i feel like more than half of what i studied was never covered on the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

it's all about money, you have to pay for every try $200

tweetie80 in Orange, California

72 months ago

For anyone who is or will be taking the Physics,
I remembered that there were lots of questions about transducers (at least on my version of the test). I have notes for anyone who's interested.

Does anyone have abd notes? I'd really appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

here is some free Practice Questions www.sonoreview.com for all areas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Thanks Natalia for the link to sonoreview!

Tasha in New York, New York

72 months ago

This is my first time on this site. I'm a sonographer with a background in high risk OB/GYN. Graduated 2005. I'm not glad to read about all this misfortune but it is a comfort to know I'm not the only one. I took the physics exam 4 times before I passed. I recently took the OB/GYN exam and failed by 4 points. (So disappointed) I was not depressed when I failed the OB/GYN exam because I know I made it through the hard part, which was the physics. It's been a long road but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Dont give up. For those who passed the physics, you made it past the hard part.

As for those recent graduates... it's difficult out there. Yes, they want you to be registered and/or have 1 year experience. In my case, I met someone really good who took me by my hand and gave me an opportunity and that led to my dream job at Columbia Presbyterian. I was so well trained at that facility. Although I'm not registered my work is well likeed and as I said I'm blessed for the opportunities I've had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Daniella,
I have OB notes if you're interested. I got some tips from someone who took and passed the OB test. I can email them to you if you like. I also have sort of a "cheat sheet" for OB (but not sure if all the answers are correct). A lot of the questions are on the actual test. Give me your email. Do you think you can email me your abd notes? I am planning to take it end of January. Any tips you have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DANIELLA in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADD I WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU OR FAX WOULD BE BETTER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Daniella,
Please email to lethuy_vu@yahoo.com. Thank you!

72 months ago

Can anybody with notes, on any subject, please send them to: ht92139@yahoo.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ahollih in Rock Hill, South Carolina

72 months ago

I failed the abdomen test on 12/31/08. I am hoping and praying that I pass it the second time around. I have been reading some responses, and it seems as if the physics isn't qhite as difficult as the abdomen. Does anyone agree? I have always been told that the physics is the worst to take.
Can you purchase the abd. study cards anywhere, or are they only purchased through sids website?
One more question. My last u/s job ended in March of 2008. The company was new, and ended up laying off about 8 people, me included. I have been looking for a job ever since. I have gone to approximatly 6 interviews. I have never had a problem getting jobs in the past. I am not registered yet, but as I stated earlier, I am in the process of getting registered.
The too worst questions I get during the interview are: You're last job was in March? And Are you registered? I explain that I have been looking for a job since March, and I am in the process of getting my RDMS. That obviously is what's causing them to turn me down. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would greatly be appreciative. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

i am so sorry that you faild i agree that abd is much harder than physics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

i dont have it yet.

72 months ago

please give me a fax number my scanner dosent work.

72 months ago

can you also fax me the ob notes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

]

what areyou studing for ob?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

What's your email address? I can email you the notes I have on my computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.