keiser university Any comments on this school for the Ultrasound program??? Help!!!! ( I am currently in a unaccredited school)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Gema in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

I am currently in a private school I was doing The MA program but decide to change to Echo. I haven't started yet bc I am still in my MA class until March 8, 10 I am planing to get my AA but I have found out through this Forums that they arnt accredited but every time I ask they tell me they are and you are eligible to sit for the ARDMS right after graduating. I spoke to some students in the Echo program in my school and they said that they don't accept there AA anywhere. So Far I called My local community college, Nova, and Keiser and they are right about that. I have already change at total of 2 times from MA to Echo now I feel like I was lied to I could of finished the MA program work and go to school for ultrasound.I Now I dont know what to do so far Keiser University and my local community college but they dont start till August and I have to take the pre-requisites How long does that generally take? someone please help me out with my question I am so confused!!I have a 16 month old son so I cant really be wasting my time and my husband is our only sole provider I am 20 but I only have 2 yrs to get something done because of personal reasons. Thank you everyone!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gema in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

This is what I found on there website and I checked the Caahep website and they are list there, My current school isnt.

Keiser University’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Daytona Beach (general concentration), and Fort Lauderdale (general and vascular concentrations) campuses, are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater on recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melkkz in Loveland, Ohio

58 months ago

Gema in Miami, Florida said: This is what I found on there website and I checked the Caahep website and they are list there, My current school isnt.

Keiser University’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Daytona Beach (general concentration), and Fort Lauderdale (general and vascular concentrations) campuses, are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater on recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).

Hi, I did look at keiser university and the curriculum for Diagnostic medical sonographer it looks good, and if you click on the general education requirments it shows what classes you need so maybe some of the classes you have already taken may transfer over. I am in Ohio, so I cannot vouch for the Keiser itself. If I were you I would set up an appt there to meet with the advisor and admissions department of the school and go from there. Alot of schools with the DMS program do have waiting list. I am going to Cincinnati State here in Ohio and my OTA program has a waiting list and the DMS program at my school has a 2 year wait list right now.
Also, Keiser does look to be accredited from what you posted:-)
I wish you the best of luck in your new career!

Gema in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

Thanks :) I am so upset bc I really Loved my school they have incredible teachers too bad they arnt Accredited for ultrasound :(.... I made an appt for Monday at 2:00pm I wish I would of done more research. My 2 friends are also in the same school as me and one of them is planing to stay. The other one is going to check out keiser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lioness in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

58 months ago

I'm currently in DMS program at Keiser, Ft. Lauderdale... It's great! Long wait to get in the core but trust me no one ever waits as long as the estimated time. Good luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

58 months ago

Gema in Miami, Florida said: I am currently in a private school I was doing The MA program but decide to change to Echo. I haven't started yet bc I am still in my MA class until March 8, 10 I am planing to get my AA but I have found out through this Forums that they arnt accredited but every time I ask they tell me they are and you are eligible to sit for the ARDMS right after graduating. I spoke to some students in the Echo program in my school and they said that they don't accept there AA anywhere. So Far I called My local community college, Nova, and Keiser and they are right about that. I have already change at total of 2 times from MA to Echo now I feel like I was lied to I could of finished the MA program work and go to school for ultrasound.I Now I dont know what to do so far Keiser University and my local community college but they dont start till August and I have to take the pre-requisites How long does that generally take? someone please help me out with my question I am so confused!!I have a 16 month old son so I cant really be wasting my time and my husband is our only sole provider I am 20 but I only have 2 yrs to get something done because of personal reasons. Thank you everyone!!

They are accredited...I am going to probably start with them (Keiser) in Janruary....
check this site out...
www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

58 months ago

Lioness in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I'm currently in DMS program at Keiser, Ft. Lauderdale... It's great! Long wait to get in the core but trust me no one ever waits as long as the estimated time. Good luck to everyone.

what do you mean a long wait for the core?.....I am going to try to get in Fort Lauderdale campus also

jessyc in Miami, Florida

57 months ago

Lioness in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I'm currently in DMS program at Keiser, Ft. Lauderdale... It's great! Long wait to get in the core but trust me no one ever waits as long as the estimated time. Good luck to everyone.

I called a few days ago and they told me the waiting list to get into the core classes was April 2013!!! I REALLY hope you're right and it's not that long :/

agnes in Hollywood, Florida

57 months ago

I am thinking to sign up at Keiser.I started my semester at ATI.
I just want to make sure,that I won't regrat my dicision.
Anybody can give me some advice about Keiser? What are the possibilities to get a job after I gratuate at keiser?

lolagirl in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

my projected start date was May 2011, however I am starting May 3, 2010. It isnt as bad as they say. If you finish your general ed's first, they bump you to the front of the line.

most of the graduates got jobs right after graduation!

LionessStarr in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

jessyc in Miami, Florida said: I called a few days ago and they told me the waiting list to get into the core classes was April 2013!!! I REALLY hope you're right and it's not that long :/

It's a mess! But one thing I've noticed.... some students go into the core immediately after Gen-Eds while others wait 6 months to a year. You've actually got to get in the faces of the admissions counselors from day one. Let them know you're ready for the program and let your GPA reflect that. Good luck to all! And the list for DMS is getting a little shorter... I'm switching my major to nursing.

LionessStarr in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

Nicole in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: what do you mean a long wait for the core?.....I am going to try to get in Fort Lauderdale campus also

There's this 'acknowledgement form' Keiser has you sign with this asinine pre-anticipated date you'll go in to your core for 'the popular majors.' The admissions counselor who worked with me said people change their majors, have babies, or fail to meet the requirements for the core program... so your odds of waiting until that date are slimmed.

YoYo in Pompano Beach, Florida

56 months ago

LionessStarr in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: There's this 'acknowledgement form' Keiser has you sign with this asinine pre-anticipated date you'll go in to your core for 'the popular majors.' The admissions counselor who worked with me said people change their majors, have babies, or fail to meet the requirements for the core program... so your odds of waiting until that date are slimmed.

Im deciding if I should switch my major as well, but for now switching from Keiser...i feel i am cramming too much for each of these monthly classes...half the stuff i learnt i cant remember!!

Lioness Starr in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

I hear you... I'm on a break right now and can't even remember all the cranial nerves! I'll be hitting the books on my own though to get an understanding before the core. Good luck to you!

WellFitNutrition

48 months ago

IS THERE ONLINE TRAINING AVAIABLE in Ormond/Daytona Beach? For Sonography,ultrasiund or audio techinician. I am currently PTA, Fitness Trainer & Nutrionist looking to change medical fields.
Which school offers classes online, how long before a diploma/degree? Is FAFSA student or other loan funding available at some school?
NaturalDoc (M Phillips)

WellFitNutrition

48 months ago

Is a sonogram or audiology program for diploma shorter than one year, or fairly quickly graduated (I hope!)

jp in Daytona Beach, Florida

46 months ago

YoYo in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Im deciding if I should switch my major as well, but for now switching from Keiser...i feel i am cramming too much for each of these monthly classes...half the stuff i learnt i cant remember!!

how can you be going to school but cannot spell??

YoYo in Lake Worth, Florida

46 months ago

jp in Daytona Beach, Florida said: how can you be going to school but cannot spell??

So i added "ing" to switch....are you serious!! Stop being petty, get a life prick!! Dont worry about me going to school and if i can spell or not, focus on you!!!

love sono in Hackensack, New Jersey

43 months ago

I like sonography prgrm and cosidering keiser university.Has anyone finished the sonography as a vascular specialization and currently working as a sono tech. what is the prgrm reputation overall and how difficult are registry exams to pass? Since Keiser sonography prgrm is accredited from CAAHEP.How hard the prgrm towards it's clinicals.I am single mom with a 6 yrs old son and trying to re-locate.Will i be able to do it with my kid or will it be really hard.I am almost finished with the pre-reqs for this prgrm? I am open to any opinion or suggestion. I really want to do this. Thanks

CODYS in Beaumont, Texas

42 months ago

ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THE GOLF
SCHOOL IN PORT ST. LUCIE FLA

roofeditor in Satellite Beach, Florida

21 months ago

Gema in Miami, Florida said: I am currently in a private school I was doing The MA program but decide to change to Echo. I haven't started yet bc I am still in my MA class until March 8, 10 I am planing to get my AA but I have found out through this Forums that they arnt accredited but every time I ask they tell me they are and you are eligible to sit for the ARDMS right after graduating. I spoke to some students in the Echo program in my school and they said that they don't accept there AA anywhere. So Far I called My local community college , Nova, and Keiser and they are right about that. I have already change at total of 2 times from MA to Echo now I feel like I was lied to I could of finished the MA program work and go to school for ultrasound.I Now I dont know what to do so far Keiser University and my local community college but they dont start till August and I have to take the pre-requisites How long does that generally take? someone please help me out with my question I am so confused!!I have a 16 month old son so I cant really be wasting my time and my husband is our only sole provider I am 20 but I only have 2 yrs to get something done because of personal reasons. Thank you everyone!!

Be well aware a family member also did DMS at Keiser and Keiser let out one little tid bit. They will send you on many job interviews and every single one of them will tell you that (sorry for the caps but i want it to sink in) YOU MUST HAVE 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE FIRST BEFORE THEY WILL HIRE YOU. WE ARE OUT 35,000 and I'm very mad along with the 2 years. It has been a total waste. In all fairness the education was very good but they had a professional responsibility to tell us of this impossible hurdle. The sad part was we went there originally looking at the RN program which would resulted in an instant job. Look at it this way, the local major hospital had at most 6 DMS persons and well over 200 RN's. Do the math with your chances of getting a job.

21 months ago

love sono in Hackensack, New Jersey said: I like sonography prgrm and cosidering keiser university.Has anyone finished the sonography as a vascular specialization and currently working as a sono tech. what is the prgrm reputation overall and how difficult are registry exams to pass? Since Keiser sonography prgrm is accredited from CAAHEP.How hard the prgrm towards it's clinicals.I am single mom with a 6 yrs old son and trying to re-locate.Will i be able to do it with my kid or will it be really hard.I am almost finished with the pre-reqs for this prgrm? I am open to any opinion or suggestion. I really want to do this. Thanks

We paid the $35,000 and spent 2 years there and all job interviews resulted in "you must have at least 2 years experience first" end of conversation. Trust me on this the RN program is the same cost and you will get a job, don't make the same mistake we did.
If you want more info I'll be glad to help.

21 months ago

WellFitNutrition said: Is a sonogram or audiology program for diploma shorter than one year, or fairly quickly graduated (I hope!)

Almost 2 years, save your money and do the RN you will get a job!

21 months ago

agnes in Hollywood, Florida said: I am thinking to sign up at Keiser.I started my semester at ATI.
I just want to make sure,that I won't regrat my dicision.
Anybody can give me some advice about Keiser? What are the possibilities to get a job after I gratuate at keiser?

In DMS your chances are near zero unless you know someone or can by mystery conjure up 2 years of required experience. Get the RN and don't make the mistake we made.

21 months ago

let us all know how you do on your first interview when they ask you about your 2 years of required experience.

mialuv in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

19 months ago

I want to attend Nova Universities General and Vascular Sonography program and I would like to hear from a past student what the job market is like currently for Sonographers. How long did it take to find suitable employment?

Also any past students from Miami Dade College, feel free to give me your input as well. Just trying to get an idea of the job market in south florida. Is it mostly the students who attend private institutions like Keiser University or sanford brown who are having a hard time getting jobs or is this a serious issue across the board.

vmaria 041@yahoo.com in Miami, Florida

17 months ago

Last week I passed the echo state board exam thanks to Gulfcoast Ultrasound flashcards, books and DVD's. If somebody needs them, I am willing to sell everything for only $100.00. If interested, email me back.

Ellinahs7 in Boca Raton, Florida

17 months ago

vmaria 041@yahoo.com in Miami, Florida said: Last week I passed the echo state board exam thanks to Gulfcoast Ultrasound flashcards, books and DVD's. If somebody needs them, I am willing to sell everything for only $100.00. If interested, email me back.

What school did you attend ?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.