FAILED MY ARDMS VASCULAR AGAIN!!!! =(

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 99)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

CCIQuestions in Sevierville, Tennessee

58 months ago

Seems like you have good resource material to study. Have you tried the Vascular CD-ROM study from Davies?

I have worked in the field for 15 years and it seems like most sonographers that I encounter tell me that OB is the easiest to pass with the ARDMS. I have seen a few attempt Abdomen and it seems like the difficulty level of Abdomen is higher than OB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

You went to the Florida Institute of Ultrasound ....didn't you? I graduated from their program in 1995. I don't know how the school is now but we had a pretty good program back in the old days and some good instructors. I was lucky because my wife at the time was already working in the field and we had several hospitals in our area about 2 hours from Pensacola where we could work that had more ultrasounds than we could do. I arranged all of my scan time (except for scan lab night) at the hospitals where my wife worked so I was able to get an excess of scanning time without any competition. That gave me an advantage and one hospital hired me in 1995 before I even finished the FIU program. Eventually I was working 4 hospitals at one time in the Florida Panhandle and had more than I could do.
I think those types of opportunities are gone and registry along with at least two years of experience is a big deal to most employers. Having scan experience is very important to radiologists since they rely on what we see and document.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Needing a job in Everett, Washington

58 months ago

Yes.. I did go to the FIU. I think the good ol days are long gone. I realize how important the registry is, and have been attempting to pass.... I feel if I don't, then there is no chance of finding a job.... It's pretty discouraging. Have you gotten registered? Any suggestions for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Registry was never overly required for me in Florida from. Now I work and live in Tennessee at an ACR accredited hospital so registry is essential. We have 4 techs who are registered and three of us are not. That is why I took my CCI Cardiovascular Science Exam today and will be taking the Vascular registry exam very soon.
I also have a new baby on the way in Florida and I have two job opportunities there ......but they require registry. So......while there may be a few jobs that will alow you to work if you are not registered most of them want experience and want you to pass the registry within one year or they require you to be registered before they ever even hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

CCIQuestions in Knoxville, Tennessee

58 months ago

I type so fast that I never catch my typos!!!! LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine Hotard in Missouri City, Texas

57 months ago

CCIQuestions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: Registry was never overly required for me in Florida from. Now I work and live in Tennessee at an ACR accredited hospital so registry is essential. We have 4 techs who are registered and three of us are not. That is why I took my CCI Cardiovascular Science Exam today and will be taking the Vascular registry exam very soon.
I also have a new baby on the way in Florida and I have two job opportunities there ......but they require registry. So......while there may be a few jobs that will alow you to work if you are not registered most of them want experience and want you to pass the registry within one year or they require you to be registered before they ever even hire you.

Hi! I also went to the FLA Inst of US. Have you taken the CCI vascular exam yet. I will be taking mine soon and I'm in desprate need of what to study!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RVT in Liverpool, New York

57 months ago

Everything you need to pass is listed on the outline from the ARDMS website. I would recommend going through those and completing notes on every topic listed. I went to a vascular program but I picked a lot of things up from the Davies Review (600 question review book) or they have a CD. Know EVERYTHING about Arterial and Venous. Study Carotids, minimal TCD. Know your velocities of cranial vessels, depths, and flow (away/towards) Very minimal abdominal. Study Renals and anatomy. If you need any help, let me know. I can go back through my notes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Danna in Alabaster, Alabama

50 months ago

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my two cents worth while things are still fresh on my mind. This was the first time I had taken any of the tests. I passed the SPI exam Aug 6th and the Vascular tech registry today. My materials for the SPI were mainly eddleman's book and cards. I would also recommend a 5 day access on his x zone site or buy the book from his website and you get a free 2 week access that you determine when to start! I also took practice exams on a site called sonoreview (I believe) they had 10 120 question exams. For the vascular registry, I did have a copy of the eddelman seminar book although I did not attend the seminar, the vascular practice cards (new for 2010) and the davies note cards (800 questions with explainations). The book I feel you need for the vascular registry is Rumwell's vacular technology. Eddelman's seminar book is a cliff note version of this book. They are written by the same person. The key to succeeding to me, is the time you put into it. I spent every hour I could studying and on weekends, studied day and night and did nothing else. Practiced taking the tests I mentioned online to get into that habit and signed up for the 5 day access to x zone (vascular) right before the test, but allowed a couple of days to research the answers. Neither of these exams are just a memorize the answer type test. You must understand the question and the answer. I personally do not recommend the questions on the ARDMS website because they do not give you the answers and you never know what you missed or got right or a copy of the questions for 30.00$ Did have a voice recorder though. I hope this helps and best of luck to you guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RVS in Sevierville, Tennessee

50 months ago

Danna...........what are these "vascular practice cards" (New for 2010) that you mentioned? I'm registered but I like to keep up with the latest study material.

Thanks!

Danna

50 months ago

They are the eddelman note cards bought off his site. It just says new for 2010. The Davies note cards were great too. I think that it's awesome you want to stay up to date! It means you are a caring tech!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee

50 months ago

Thanks! I have the older set of cards from ESP for vascular technology. I just placed an order for the new 2010 set.

RVS in Sevierville, Tennessee

50 months ago

I'm selling my Davies Vascular Technology Mock CD-ROM. I only used it once and paid $89.95 plus shipping for it. It is very comprehensive but I had an extremely tight deadline to pass my RVS due to our ACR accreditation being up for renewal so I had to streamline my study material and just hope for the best.

I will sell the Davies CD for $60 shipped if anyone is interested. I would prefer a paypal "personal" payment. You can email me at nwfloridaguy@hotmail.com if interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ness in New Port Richey, Florida

50 months ago

Hi I have davies mock exam for AB, OB, and Vascular for sale if interested please email me for more information. ytorres0@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ness in New Port Richey, Florida

49 months ago

Yes Passed my vascular boards!!!!!! I have davies mock exam for sell.... All three Ab, OB, and vascular. I believe these were very helpful for me and I passed all three the first time. for more info email me at ytorres0@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steph in Concord, North Carolina

49 months ago

RVS in Sevierville, Tennessee said: I'm selling my Davies Vascular Technology Mock CD-ROM. I only used it once and paid $89.95 plus shipping for it. It is very comprehensive but I had an extremely tight deadline to pass my RVS due to our ACR accreditation being up for renewal so I had to streamline my study material and just hope for the best.

I will sell the Davies CD for $60 shipped if anyone is interested. I would prefer a paypal "personal" payment. You can email me at nwfloridaguy@hotmail.com if interested.

Do you still have the CD? Stephaniesap@hotmail.com

Steph in Concord, North Carolina

49 months ago

Ness in New Port Richey, Florida said: Yes Passed my vascular boards!!!!!! I have davies mock exam for sell.... All three Ab, OB, and vascular. I believe these were very helpful for me and I passed all three the first time. for more info email me at ytorres0@yahoo.com

CONGRATS!!!!! : )
I need the vascular if you still have it available.
Stephaniesap@hotmail.com

shila in Great Neck, New York

46 months ago

Danna in Alabaster, Alabama said: Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my two cents worth while things are still fresh on my mind. This was the first time I had taken any of the tests. I passed the SPI exam Aug 6th and the Vascular tech registry today. My materials for the SPI were mainly eddleman's book and cards. I would also recommend a 5 day access on his x zone site or buy the book from his website and you get a free 2 week access that you determine when to start! I also took practice exams on a site called sonoreview (I believe) they had 10 120 question exams. For the vascular registry, I did have a copy of the eddelman seminar book although I did not attend the seminar, the vascular practice cards (new for 2010) and the davies note cards (800 questions with explainations). The book I feel you need for the vascular registry is Rumwell's vacular technology. Eddelman's seminar book is a cliff note version of this book. They are written by the same person. The key to succeeding to me, is the time you put into it. I spent every hour I could studying and on weekends, studied day and night and did nothing else. Practiced taking the tests I mentioned online to get into that habit and signed up for the 5 day access to x zone (vascular) right before the test, but allowed a couple of days to research the answers. Neither of these exams are just a memorize the answer type test. You must understand the question and the answer. I personally do not recommend the questions on the ARDMS website because they do not give you the answers and you never know what you missed or got right or a copy of the questions for 30.00$ Did have a voice recorder though. I hope this helps and best of luck to you guys!

hi i would like to buy any books or notebooks you have for vascular registry. i just passed my physic and i'm going for vascular. if you are interested to sell any of your notes or books please e-mail me at danielshila@aol.com

Marty in San Antonio, Texas

44 months ago

I am interested in buying any vascular books especially Davies if anyone would like to sell theirs for the right price.

Thank You

Ytorres0 in Columbus, Georgia

44 months ago

Marty in San Antonio, Texas said: I am interested in buying any vascular books especially Davies if anyone would like to sell theirs for the right price.

Thank You

I have the davies mock exam for sale. If interested email me @ ytorres0@yahoo.com I am asking $40

Kristi Finn in Tallahassee, Florida

39 months ago

CCIQuestions in Sevierville, Tennessee said: You went to the Florida Institute of Ultrasound ....didn't you? I graduated from their program in 1995. I don't know how the school is now but we had a pretty good program back in the old days and some good instructors. I was lucky because my wife at the time was already working in the field and we had several hospitals in our area about 2 hours from Pensacola where we could work that had more ultrasounds than we could do. I arranged all of my scan time (except for scan lab night) at the hospitals where my wife worked so I was able to get an excess of scanning time without any competition. That gave me an advantage and one hospital hired me in 1995 before I even finished the FIU program. Eventually I was working 4 hospitals at one time in the Florida Panhandle and had more than I could do.
I think those types of opportunities are gone and registry along with at least two years of experience is a big deal to most employers. Having scan experience is very important to radiologists since they rely on what we see and document.

Any job openings for ultrasound in Sevierville, TN? I am from FL and would love to move to the area close to my dad. PT or FT.

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee

39 months ago

Absolutely none. This is really a dead area for ultrasound jobs at the moment. Good luck with your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kristi Finn in Tallahassee, Florida

39 months ago

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Absolutely none. This is really a dead area for ultrasound jobs at the moment. Good luck with your search.

Thank you.

Kbw in Dallas, Texas

38 months ago

RVT in Liverpool, New York said: Everything you need to pass is listed on the outline from the ARDMS website. I would recommend going through those and completing notes on every topic listed. I went to a vascular program but I picked a lot of things up from the Davies Review (600 question review book) or they have a CD. Know EVERYTHING about Arterial and Venous. Study Carotids, minimal TCD. Know your velocities of cranial vessels, depths, and flow (away/towards) Very minimal abdominal. Study Renals and anatomy. If you need any help, let me know. I can go back through my notes.

Are you still available to help me?

Melinda in Arcadia, Florida

38 months ago

does anybody know where or how i could get a VIP code for pegasus lectures website. There things cost more then the test does.. so expensive

Loren in Orange, California

38 months ago

Melinda in Arcadia, Florida said: does anybody know where or how i could get a VIP code for pegasus lectures website. There things cost more then the test does.. so expensive

What studying materials do you have? I recently passed Vascular. I have books, cd's and flash cards. If you need them shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I have.

cjaydb in Honolulu, Hawaii

38 months ago

Loren in Orange, California said: What studying materials do you have? I recently passed Vascular. I have books, cd's and flash cards. If you need them shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I have.

Hi Loren, I'm interested in the material you might have. I'm taking my RDCS and RVT soon and would like to get some vascular review material if you don't mind. What's your email? Mine is cjdb45@gmail.com

If you want you can just email me with a list of the stuff you have. Hope to hear from you soon.

cjaydb in Honolulu, Hawaii

38 months ago

Hi Loren, I'm taking my RDCS and RVT soon and I'm interested in the vascular material you might have. My email is cjdb45@gmail.com

If you want you can just email me with the list of the vascular review material you have, hope to hear from you soon.

Jul777 in Woodstock, Georgia

37 months ago

RVS in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Absolutely none. This is really a dead area for ultrasound jobs at the moment. Good luck with your search.[/QUOTE

I am interested in becoming a ultrasound tech and hopefully getting a job in Chattanooga. Are there really no jobs right now? What school would you recommend?
I just recently started researching all of this, so I am very much so out of the loop.

MA4409 in Aurora, Illinois

37 months ago

If anyone is looking to sell the Davies CD or Notecards, I am looking to buy. I am going to be taking the RVT exam soon and would be very helpful. THANKS!!!

allsnamr@aol.com in Ocala, Florida

36 months ago

need to buy best study materials, resonable price, for vascular exam.thanks!
allison

JCH in Knoxville, Tennessee

36 months ago

Jul777 in Woodstock, Georgia said:

Chattanooga State Community College is where I went. It's accredited and highly recommended.

JCH in Knoxville, Tennessee

36 months ago

I'm needing the VIP code for Pegasus too. If anyone has it, please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lili in Satellite Provider

35 months ago

Hi I would like to buy davies and esp if anyone have please email kb323818@yahoo.com thanks

NAJ in Ireland

34 months ago

I am looking for vascular exam preparation material like Davies CD's, Flash Cards, if any one want to sell please email me, doctorna@hotmail.com

allsnamr@aol.com in Summerfield, Florida

34 months ago

i want to pass ardms vascular amd physics exams, in that order, amd would welcome any suggestions as to best/most effective study courses/materials..i.e., ones that have enabled you to pass same. thanks a lot!! allison---allsnamr@aol.com

rvtnewbie in Buffalo, New York

34 months ago

k

34 months ago

if u recently passed ardsm physics and vascular tests, and are wiling to sell your study materials, please email me with pricing, etc. at allsnamr@aol.com.thanks a lot.al

jobless sono tech in Dallas, Texas

34 months ago

Does anyone have Davies Vascular mock exam MAC version to sell. If so post on here thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Does anyone know of any entry level Vascular Tech opportunities. I am a newer graduate and ARDMS registered, however; I am getting no responses from applications and resumes. I have even offered to volunteer and got no where. How do you get experience if you can't get your foot in the door?

Jobless Sono Tech in Corpus Christi, Texas

34 months ago

MA4409 in Aurora, Illinois said: Does anyone know of any entry level Vascular Tech opportunities. I am a newer graduate and ARDMS registered, however; I am getting no responses from applications and resumes. I have even offered to volunteer and got no where. How do you get experience if you can't get your foot in the door?

Having the same problem!! Graduated in Dec 2009 and I still havent landed my first job. Cant even get a job at the hospital doing anything else b/c I have a degree in ultrasound.

34 months ago

That doesn't make me feel any better about this career path. In all my job searching Texas was like the 2nd or 3rd state with the most postings, your in a good area, opportunity wise.

jobless sono tech

34 months ago

MA4409 in Aurora, Illinois said: That doesn't make me feel any better about this career path. In all my job searching Texas was like the 2nd or 3rd state with the most postings, your in a good area, opportunity wise.

Sorry. Yes there are a lot of job openings but they want you to have experience, is what they keep telling me when I ask. I'm so fed up with this already I really don't know what to do anymore. I have applied all over Texas and still nothing! If ANYONE on these forums knows of someone who is willing to train please leave me a message on here. I am RDMS-OB/GYN and take the RVT in May. God bless and good luck to all.

RVT2012 in Rosedale, Maryland

34 months ago

Jobless Sono Tech in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Having the same problem!! Graduated in Dec 2009 and I still havent landed my first job. Cant even get a job at the hospital doing anything else b/c I have a degree in ultrasound.

Yeah, it's very hard to find a job nowadays!!!

jake in Trout Creek, Michigan

34 months ago

RVT2012 in Rosedale, Maryland said: I am sellin my Vascular books.

what do you have for sale?

new RVT in Havre De Grace, Maryland

34 months ago

jake in Trout Creek, Michigan said: what do you have for sale?

ESP vascular book is for sale

34 months ago

ESP VASCULAR IS FOR SALE..

34 months ago

Hi I just passed my vascular exam(657 and my esp vascular book is for sale my email is antdilek@gmail.com

jessaccount22 in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

new RVT in Havre De Grace, Maryland said: ESP vascular book is for sale

If anyone has esp vascular book for sale please let me know i'm willing to buy... Jessaccount22@yahoo.com

pamela dms in Phoenix, Arizona

33 months ago

Danna in Alabaster, Alabama said: Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my two cents worth while things are still fresh on my mind. This was the first time I had taken any of the tests. I passed the SPI exam Aug 6th and the Vascular tech registry today. My materials for the SPI were mainly eddleman's book and cards. I would also recommend a 5 day access on his x zone site or buy the book from his website and you get a free 2 week access that you determine when to start! I also took practice exams on a site called sonoreview (I believe) they had 10 120 question exams. For the vascular registry, I did have a copy of the eddelman seminar book although I did not attend the seminar, the vascular practice cards (new for 2010) and the davies note cards (800 questions with explainations). The book I feel you need for the vascular registry is Rumwell's vacular technology. Eddelman's seminar book is a cliff note version of this book. They are written by the same person. The key to succeeding to me, is the time you put into it. I spent every hour I could studying and on weekends, studied day and night and did nothing else. Practiced taking the tests I mentioned online to get into that habit and signed up for the 5 day access to x zone (vascular) right before the test, but allowed a couple of days to research the answers. Neither of these exams are just a memorize the answer type test. You must understand the question and the answer. I personally do not recommend the questions on the ARDMS website because they do not give you the answers and you never know what you missed or got right or a copy of the questions for 30.00$ Did have a voice recorder though. I hope this helps and best of luck to you guys!

Do you still have your Eddelmans vascular book? I m willing to buy it from you. How old is the version you have?

33 months ago

how long--how many weeks did u study for each test/approximately how many hours a day? thanks..oh, are u selling any materials?
allison

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.