Comments (1 to 50 of 705)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Lisa in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

can someone tell me some good ultrasound school in toronto

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1141) / No (135) Reply - Report abuse

Stop posting your spam here in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Why not stop spamming this message board?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Tahir in Toronto, Ontario

78 months ago

try Mainz ultrasound training in mississuaga

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (137) / No (58) Reply - Report abuse

u/s in Toronto, Ontario

76 months ago

Mrs. Tahir in Toronto, Ontario said: try Mainz ultrasound training in mississuaga

how to start a career in ultrasound? i am B.Sc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

nicholle in Sanford, Florida

76 months ago

Lisa in Toronto, Ontario said: can someone tell me some good ultrasound school in toronto

from what i know as a fellow Canadian. You are better off taking your education at an American school. Here it takes two years and usually in Ontario it takes 4 years. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

p.s mrs. tahir, have you taken courses with mainz? does anyone know if completion of mainz courses will actually get you hired as an ultrasound technician in clinics or hospitals? as most employers require education from an accredited school and ardms registration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Heather

74 months ago

lisa in Toronto, Ontario said: p.s mrs. tahir, have you taken courses with mainz? does anyone know if completion of mainz courses will actually get you hired as an ultrasound technician in clinics or hospitals? as most employers require education from an accredited school and ardms registration.

HI,

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking for anyone who has gone through this training and actually obtained a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Guelph, Ontario

73 months ago

I am looking for comments from people who have take courses at Mainz Ultrasound training and gotten jobs?? Please help...I dont want to spend all that money at this place and not be able to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

I thought you might be interested to know that when I contacted Mainz Ultrasound training to ask a few questions, it appeard that there is only one person running this school! She answered the phone saying "hello?", I asked if I had reached Mainz school and she replied "yes". I asked here if they help with job placements, and after a long pause she replied "actually...No" and that was it!!She said nothing else and hang up. I was ready to register with them, but after this conversation, or lack of, there is no way!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I know, setting up the appointment yesterday was kind of sketchy, I could barely understand the lady who answered. I read an article on this school that was a very positive one, but I am more interested to hear from people who have experienced this training. Thanks, I will definitely take that into consideration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

That's what I was worried about, it just sounds too good to be true, and that usually means it is. If anyone else has any experience with Mainz Ultrasound please write. They seem very evasive about their accredation and jobs after training and to me that is a warning sign. Thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Phoenix, Arizona

73 months ago

I don't believe there is any accreditation or job placement. She just trains you and you go figure out the rest. LOL It can't possibly be enough training and then to have a company or hospital bring you on to train you even more, I don't know about that. I know, I was excited to find it and was looking at flights and apartments. LOL Then I woke up. Too bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

Hello,

I called a while back and found Mainz to be a bit Sketchy. I spoke with the instructor directly. She was difficult to understand,furthermore when I asked where in mississauga they were located, she responded and said that information could only be release after an appointmnt was made. She told me when I came in for my appointment a deposit of $100 Cash would only be accepted. I find that to be very strange. Most businesses offer other forms of payment. I am very unsure about how credible this place is and would love to hear some feedback. Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

Hey Anna, I was just wondering if you did your courses through the Mainz Ultrasound program? I was advised that it may be possible to get experience through a private clinic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Richmond Hill, Ontario

73 months ago

I am on the list. To be honest with you, it sounds fishy. I do not know if they give enough practise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

afsheen in Whitchurch-stouffville, Ontario

73 months ago

hi, every one i am a medical graduate and looking to have my career in this field i just go thrrough the mictheners website they are quite expensive then i go through mainz website which looking fishy so kindly tell me hows these people are,especially anybody get job as trainee after their course.and where.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I had an interview about 2 weeks ago and at the last minute decided not to go, everything about the place was making me think it was no good. The lady I set the interview up with could barely speak English and said to bringa $100 deposit with me to the interview, would'nt give barely any information over the phone, and I'm pretty sure the number I called was a home not an office....way too sketchy!! They didnt call about the missed appointment either which is kind of weird!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Richmond Hill, Ontario

73 months ago

Thant is what surprises me. How can they give proper training. Does anyone had this course? I called them and it sounded like in-house business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah in London, Ontario

73 months ago

hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you know wheather or not they provide ultrasound tech schools in guelph, cambridge, or kitchener. I've been checking online all day and i only get toronto. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Syed Rahman in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

u/s in Toronto, Ontario said: how to start a career in ultrasound? i am B.Sc.

You may wish to contact Dr. Lubna Kaleem, ARDMS, CARDUP< CSDMS, OSDMS of the Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies in Mississauga. <Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Anna in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone,
I have my lincense, but have trouble to find a job due to lack of hands-on skills. Is there any way I can get the experience? Does anyone know?
Thank you

You may wish to contact Dr.Lubna Kaleem, ARDMS, CARDUP, CSDMS, OSDMS who is a practicing sonographer and offers hands-on training thru Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies.

<Edited by Host: contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

hi anna..
where did you do your training before you got your lincense?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

hi syed.
are you in the field of ultrasound? i really want to pursue my career in ultrasound but really don't know what to do regarding taking any of these non-accredited training programs. Everywhere i look employers want ardms certified. Do clinics and hospitals actually hire for position of ultrasound-trainee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

No, I am not in the field of sonography. However, I am familair with the healthcare industry.

I came across this forum by accident and reviewed posts w.r.t. ultrasound and felt that people are desparate and need direction. I thought I can contribute.

Responding to your question, as far as I know, hospitals may or may not hire trainees. However, with right contacts one can probably enter a diagnostic centre.

I would suggest that you first check the ARDMS pre-requisites to check if you meet the educational requirements. If you do, you now require the minimum experience required. This experience may be international or canadian. As long as you can have documentation available to show your experience requirement, you may be eligible to write the ARDMS examination.

If you do not qualify for the educational requirements, you do not need to attend any of these non-accredited training programs. It would be a waste of resources.

These non-accredited programs are useful if you meet requirements for the ARDMS. A good institution can provide guidance and resources in the preparation of the ARDMS registry examination. These institutions can also provide the opportunity for hands-on practical scanning.

Many of these training programs are offered by individuals who have probably never worked in Canada or the USA and are not associated with local professional institutions and may not be the right choice. Anonymous articles have also been posted on the web in praise of these training programs. Carfeully review the websites and look for practicing sonographers as instructors with Canadian experience . Do not fall for claims that you think are not realistic.

I came across the www.toronto-ultrasound.com and went through the website and found that they are not making unrealistic claims. They clearly state that they do not offer job placement services. One can get a good reference from the instructor herself. Browse the website. You will find links to ARDMS etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

i have a bachelor degree but not in the medical field. ardms website says that any major is accepted. do you still think it would be a waste of time to take these courses through these non-accredited places?
thanks syed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saritochka@yandex.ru in Richmond Hill, Ontario

73 months ago

I was a doctor back home, so I had to know ultrasound in order to work. Here I also worked a few places but had no chance to show what I can do due to the interval between me coming here and starting working. I was not suitable for them, I was not fast enough and ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Thank you, I will definitely try and let you guys know how was it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara Pon in oakville, Ontario

73 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: I thought you might be interested to know that when I contacted Mainz Ultrasound training to ask a few questions, it appeard that there is only one person running this school! She answered the phone saying "hello?", I asked if I had reached Mainz school and she replied "yes". I asked here if they help with job placements, and after a long pause she replied "actually...No" and that was it!!She said nothing else and hang up. I was ready to register with them, but after this conversation, or lack of, there is no way!!

I am an ultrasound technologist working in Oakville. To further enhance my skills, I contacted Mainz and was able to visit the institute after 3-months of my call. This was a few months back. The facilities included a sofa in the living room of a small appartment.

During my visit, I somehow concluded that the instructor lacks in practical experience and knowledge and the training is based on text book information. The only advantage it offered included access to an ultrasound machine.

It seemed like a waste of money and i decided not to pusue any further.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tara Steller in Etobicoke, Ontario

73 months ago

Syed Rahman in Mississauga, Ontario said: No, I am not in the field of sonography. However, I am familair with the healthcare industry.

I came across this forum by accident and reviewed posts w.r.t. ultrasound and felt that people are desparate and need direction. I thought I can contribute.

Thanks Syed for the valuable information and direction.

I contacted the Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies and was well responded by the man on the phone. I was offered to visit the training facility and have scheduled a visit next week on Tuesday. I shall post my experience of the visit following the visit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

saritochka@yandex.ru in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: I was a doctor back home, so I had to know ultrasound in order to work. Here I also worked a few places but had no chance to show what I can do due to the interval between me coming here and starting working. I was not suitable for them, I was not fast enough and ....

You have a good chance of becoming an ultrasound technologist. I would suggest that you get a letter from your home country to fulfill the experience requirement for the ARDMS. Next you register for the "Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation specialty exam and join a practical scanning training program.

You can benefit from a suitable training facility. However, be careful in selecting a training facility. Work with a practicing sonographer sine you will require professional assistance on job after completing the training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

lisa in Toronto, Ontario said: i have a bachelor degree but not in the medical field. ardms website says that any major is accepted. do you still think it would be a waste of time to take these courses through these non-accredited places?
thanks syed!

Lisa,

Your becoming an ultrasound technologist would involve greater challenges since you do not have a non-medical education. Probably the best way to it is to join an accredited program. As someone has posted, in Canada the accredited programs are 4-yr long and the ones in the US are 2-years.

You will need to acquire as a minimum a basic level of medical knowledge required as a sonographer. Another route that may be available is to consult distant learning programs available from the Burwin Institute at "www.burwin.com". Hands-on training from a non-accredited institution can provide you with practical scanning skills. You will still require to meet the minimum experience requirement before you write the ARDMS exams.

Remember with strong determination and persistance you can achieve your goals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

Sorry guys, but I'm starting to get really confused by all these different informations.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like if I wanna be an ultrasound technician, first I should take my courses that are accredited, such as the Burwin institude (since it's extremely hard to get into Michiner or Mowhawk), then I could get the practical experience through www.toronto-ultrasound.com. Then after 12months of working as a tech I can write the ARDMS and be certified? Do I have it correct? Please help me clarify this.
And I guess we should all really forget about Mainz!!
Why is it soooo hard to become a technician, when there is such a lack of technicians in Ontario?
Anyway...thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

I'm not upset at all. In fact, you have been very helpful, so thank you.
I did read the ARDMS pre-requisite 3-A, I was confused by section 3. Copies of documentation of 12 continuing medical education credits specific to each credential. It does sound like ultrasound courses have to be taken accredited or not. I wasn't too sure of which ones, and wheather distance education schools offer them.
Thanks again for all ur help and all the research you have done for us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: I'm not upset at all. In fact, you have been very helpful, so thank you.
I did read the ARDMS pre-requisite 3-A, I was confused by section 3. Copies of documentation of 12 continuing medical education credits specific to each credential. It does sound like ultrasound courses have to be taken accredited or not. I wasn't too sure of which ones, and wheather distance education schools offer them.
Thanks again for all ur help and all the research you have done for us.

Thanks.

I have just sent an e-mail to ARDMS for clarification if non-accredited programs under ARDMS certified instructors can fulfill the experience requirement. Hopefully a response shall be available on Monday. I shall post the same on the forum.

Selecting a suitable training program is very critical since the professional assistance by the instructor is vital even after the completion of the training program. The question to ask is whether the training is what is required in the field and if the instructor is competent enough to transfer the knowledge.

Money spent must be worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anatoli Wladyczack in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

I migrated to Canada six years back.

I attended an ultrasound training in Toronto> A girl lubna also attended the training. She was wonderful and attended the training to know canadian protocols. But she displayed her professional talent and was more like a demonstrator. I learned many things from her and was in contact with her for about 2 years.

She was a new immigrant also and was a successful gynaecologist and a sonologist in her own country and was struggling in canada. I know that she was referenced by the training instructor and was immediately hired by a leading diagnostic centre in Toronto. Each time I needed professional help, I referred to her.

If it is the same lubnawith Toronto-ultrasound, I will highly recommend her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

hi syed,
first of all jus wanna say that you have been a termendous help cuz i've been kinda lost with this whole thing...still am a bit but better :)
yes i have looked up the burwin courses and was about to register for the courses. but am still undecisive about whether to take the practical courses. i will call the ultrasound school that you referenced monday and check it out.
i know that my not having any medical background or a non-medical degree will be very challenging but i really want to change professions to do something in the medical field and this really interests me. with michner and mohawk's preresiquites i'll never get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

fari in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

Hi,
I came in here in calgary year ago. I was a doctor in my home country but I can not work here. Any body knows how I can take an Ultrasound course program in calgary? What are the requirements? Any website for best information?

thanks alot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

lisa in Toronto, Ontario said: hi syed,
first of all jus wanna say that you have been a termendous help cuz i've been kinda lost with this whole thing...still am a bit but better :)

Lisa,

You are most welcomed. In your case, you will probably need to upgrade your self to understand the minimum medical knowledge required for an ultrasound technologist. Burwin distant programs are a good start. You probably know that for an ARDMS registration, you will need to write the "ultrasound physics and instrumentation" specialty examination. However, you may not be eligible to write any examination before fulfiling the experience requirement. I would suggest that you start with one specialty thru burwin or other sources and than attend the practical course with one of these institutes and so on. Leave the physics and instrumentation to the last just before becoming eligible.

I would suggest that you wait for the feedback from Tara Steller above and than make a move. She is scheduled to visit Toronto Ultrasound on Tuseday.

I am not familiar with the institute. However, I do know the instructor since I am associated with a company that is involved with sales and service of medical equipment and we service the diagnostic centre that she works for. She enjoys a very good reputation and is probably one of the few highly paid and demanded sonographer in the GTA. Her ultrasound examinations and findings are accepted by the radiologists without further review.

You never know may be the training facility may be a sofa in a living room. Lets see how the visit by Tara goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

lisa in Toronto, Ontario said: hi syed,

I would suggest the following sequence for the study

1. Abdomen and Small Parts [Breast included]
2. Gynecology and Obstetrics
3. Musculoskeletal
4. Vascular

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

fari in Calgary, Alberta said: Hi,
I came in here in calgary year ago. I was a doctor in my home country but I can not work here. Any body knows how I can take an Ultrasound course program in calgary? What are the requirements? Any website for best information?

thanks alot

Welcome to Canada. I have done some research but could not find any training facility in Alberta. I am sure there will be some. But either there is no website or the website is not searchable. You may wish to consult ultrasound technicians in Alberta. I do know that those desirous to undertake ultrasound studies come to Ontario.

I see a post from Lisa in Calgary above. You may send a post to her and she may be able to assist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Hi, thank you for suggestion. I am 60 years old. I already have a Canadian license in ultrasound. I just did not have a chance to get more of practical experience. I worked several times, but they expect me to know everything and do exam within 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I cannot do it. I need time to practice that is why I am looking for training position even if I have to pay for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tara Steller in Mississauga, Ontario

73 months ago

Due to my committments, I had to reschedule my visit to Sunday.

Following is the summary of my visit to the Toronto Centre for Ultrasound Studies. This is in 2-parts.

I was received by an attractive woman with soft manners and slight stammer who introduced herself to be <name removed>, the instructor.

The training location is an impressive house of over 4,000 square feet with 6 to 8 car driveway. A part of main level and a spacious basement has been dedicated to the facility. As claimed, the training facilities consisted of a simulated ultrasound examination room with an ATL ultrasound machine with all required probes and equipped with printer and VCR recording. I use an ATL at my diagnostic centre however, this machine seemed an advanced version. I am aware that ATL is one of the preferred machines at various hospitals and diagnostic centers. Other facilities included a lecture/ study room for six with multimedia projector and white board and 2 informal rooms with large screen plasma TV. Coffee and tea was available for the participants.

The facility has a sizeable volume of print material, CD’s and DVD’s was available. Some of the material I reviewed during my tour included physics and instrumentation, abdomen, gynecology and obstetrics, musculoskeletal and vascular. Additional study material on medical qualifying examination was also seen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Part-II

VISIT TO TORONTO CENTRE FOR ULTRASOUND STUDIES

I had the opportunity to discuss various topics in ultrasound and found the instructor to be knowledgeable in the profession and helped me clarify several concepts.

The instructor explained to me that she experienced difficult times when she first arrived in Canada since she had no one to consult and feels that now while successful, she is obligated to contsribute to this professional and share her experience and knowledge with others. She works full time for a diagnostics group with centers in Toronto, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge and Maple. She explained that her training initiative is to provide study resources and opportunity for scanning.

She explained that her courses not only teach scanning, but also demonstrate the related physics and instrumentation concepts and reporting protocols. In addition, how to write the findings and reports is also included. She informed that she took a course from Mainz to understand the adequacy of training and reserved her comments due to her professional ethics. The only comment that was made was that all training institutes are contributing to the professional at various levels.

She indicated that she will be away on vacation starting Tuesday July 15 and returning next Sunday. Her next hands-on training shall initiate with Abdomen and small parts in the first week of August. I am impressed and shall register for a course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

parker in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

Thank you Tara for sharing this experience;I wonder if they have patients in to practice with.This is very important when you get trained,practicing with real patients.
I also have another question:when I checked thei site is not an address to locate them;seems to be an in-house training ,is something vague like not far from Erin Mills,Go station etc;ususally serious companies disclose for contact full address and phone/fax number.Anyway have you decided to enroll yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raymond in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

I reviewed all comments and to me it looks like two places that offer training, try to advertise themselves by posting comments under different names and fooling people. PEOPLE!!! if you want to be a successful ultrasonographer, you MUST go to an accredited school and get your CARDUP/ARDMS. Ohterwise, you will struggle job hunting and will be underpaid. MOST places prefer registered sonographers with approved education!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

If we are looking for a proper infrastructure, we must look at the Mitchener and Mohawk for a price of $40-60,000 for a 4-yr program. I previously had a bad experience with a training centre located in a commerical building in Toronto near Downsview. I paid $2,500 for a 12-week program with 2-hrs per week on Abdomen. The instructor could not explain to the students and we were told how to hold the probe to practice on one another. I quit after 2-weeks and was lucky to get a portion of the money back. Others were not so lucky.

These smaller institution play a vital role in providing opportunity to us in hands-0n practice sessions and preparing for the registry examination. One must not expect lavish buidlings for a course fee of $500-700 for a group of 5 or 6.

During my previous training and conferences, I have not seen many real patients except if in a hospital. There is no guarantee that there may exist any pathology for these patients. Based on my limited experience, I have not come cross more than 20% patients with any pathology. What is important is a good instructor who can show us how to perform proper scanning, reporting and discuss case studies to identify pathology.

During my visit, I was informed that real cases are dealt in hands-on scanning for OBS.

I will be registering a course with the Toronto Ultrasound.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Raymond in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

Does anybody know anyone who got a decent job after completing these courses? Of course, you can even pass ARDMS without going to those courses if you are intelligent enough to study and able to get your Clinical Verification form signed by a sonographer and fulfilling other requirements. But what I am saying is you can not get a well paid full time job without graduating from an accredited approved training program, such as Michener. Does it worth all your efforts and money? just to have $15/hour part time job? that is also not guaranteed? and also, in the future, they want to regulate the profession, that means that only certain people with certain qualifications will be eligible to work. Even now, employers prefer certain people. I think ARDMS will not be accepted by employers in the near future. CARDUP is developing canadian exams and making the all process very hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

I tend to agree to a certain degree with Raymond in Toronto. We must ask ourselves,

1. Does it worth to spend huge amounts and 4-yrs of our life to get a $15/hr job?
2. CARDUP has already closed doors since May 2007 and new registration shall be based on writing tough examination.

I had asked ARDMS for advise on non-credited training programs under the supervision of an ARDMS registered instructor. Following is the response,

Q: "I qualify under 3-A. If I complete non-accredited hands-on practical training programs under the supervision of an ARDMS certified sonographer, can this experience be acceptable towards the 12-month experience requirement to write the ARDMS examination"

Answer: "Please note that an applicant may satisfy the clinical experience component under prerequisite 3a by working for 12 months full-time (with pay) or completing a formal ultrasound program that is at least 12 months in length and includes a clinical externship ....James Forkkio [james.forkkio@ardms.org]".

In the end, I would emphasize that these smaller institutions are limited in providing additional skills in scanning techniques and preparing for the ARDMS registry exams. These must not be treated as graduating schools. If you are already employed and require additional skills, you may wish to consult one of these schools.

The market for sonographers is not limited to Ontario only. There is a general shortage of good ultrasound technicians in North America. If you are intended to enter this profession, investigate the job future on www.jobfutures.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

Thanks Syed,
So pretty much the end result based on the ARDMS email is that in order to be able to register with ARDMS, we have to either be hired as a technician and work full time for a year, OR, go to an accredited school. THAT'S IT...NO OTHER WAY!!!
Thanks again Syed, u have been very helpfull.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

sam in Toronto, Ontario said: Thanks Syed,
So pretty much the end result based on the ARDMS email is that in order to be able to register with ARDMS, we have to either be hired as a technician and work full time for a year, OR, go to an accredited school. THAT'S IT...NO OTHER WAY!!!
Thanks again Syed, u have been very helpfull.

I would not narrow down on this conclusion since the term "Formal training" does not specify accredited training program. As stated by Raymond above "you can even pass ARDMS without going to those courses if you are intelligent enough to study and able to get your Clinical Verification form signed by a sonographer and fulfilling other requirements". This is the reality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.