how good is Keiser University?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 134)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Erika's Mom in Fort Myers, Florida

66 months ago

I'm about to enroll in Keiser in Ft.Lauderdale, Fl. I want to become an ultrasound technician and this school is really convenient for me. just wanted to find out if it is a good choice and if it has a good program for medical sonography...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (507) / No (192) Reply - Report abuse

Ivan in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

I am not sure about the price of the school but the books should be included in the price. You should call and find out. There is also big waiting list and you need to have some credits from collage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

GotTakenByKeiser in Tallahassee, Florida

65 months ago

Keiser is a complete scam school. Don't fall for it like I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (143) / No (88) Reply - Report abuse

Erika's Mom in Hallandale, Florida

65 months ago

GotTakenByKeiser in Tallahassee, Florida said: Keiser is a complete scam school. Don't fall for it like I did.

Can you be more specific? I'm about to enroll and i don't want to make a mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

I can be more specific. Somebody named Ivan said, "It's the best school ... there's a waiting list." However, Ivan had no knowledge of the cost. Hummmn, something's wrong there. How can you say it's the best school, yet have no knowledge about the cost. Gottakenbykeiser said he/she went there and just said it's a scam.

Go to the Forum's Section: Do a search for Keiser. Do another search for ultrasound. See what comes up. That should answer all your questions. It's pointless to go spend the money for a program and not be able to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Ivan in Miami, Florida

65 months ago

At of all schools in South Florida Keiser, BCC and Miame Dade Collage is the best. I like Keiser more, because of there connections to diffrent clinical sites. And Mary, please let me know which school is better?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

red27 in New York, New York

65 months ago

Erika's Mom in Hallandale, Florida said: Can you be more specific? I'm about to enroll and i don't want to make a mistake.

Before you enroll anywhere, find out if there are jobs in your area. THe field is getting saturated. In certain areas there are very few obs at all. Hospitals are cutting jobs and getting in agency staff to pay them per diem (no benefits). Call local hospitals and ask if there are any jobs (at the same time you can ask them where they like their employees to graduate from)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Erika's Mom in Hallandale, Florida

65 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said:

Again, look for other programs in the area, compare them. Go to the indeed forums, search for Keiser and search for ultrasound. Then you have done your own research and not just gotten someone else's opinion. If I get bored later, I will do it.

Thank you, I looked everywhere and I searcher internet for hours. From what i found I think Keiser is not a bad choice. No one is being specific about "scam" part. Maybe it always will be someone disappointed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

Court reporting is also a good choice. I was a court reporter for ten years. I have been out twenty. I am practicing again. She might want to consider court reporter. And there are many job opportunities - and it doesn't cost $24,000.00. There are even several home programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie's Dad in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

Erika's Mom in Hallandale, Florida said: Thank you but i'm not native speaker and my hart is in sonography :) Plus I think medical field is pretty good now. The problem is that I'm not the only one who sees it..

Ericka's Mom,
Keiser is a for profit, private school. It is a VERY EXPENSIVE school. You will hear both positives and negatives about Keiser but the best thing to do is go talk to an admissions counsler about the Ultrasound tech program. I am currently enrolled in Keiser at the Orlando campus. I will be in their occupational therapist assistant program which starts August of next year. I don't know about the Ultrasound program but if it's a popular one than you might be on a waiting list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Hallandale, Florida

63 months ago

Floridagirl in Palm Coast, Florida said: I would not recommend Keiser University at all! I graduated from there Sonography program and I did a lot of extra work to become as good as i am. Many hospitals won't even hire Keiser student and compared to other schools, Keisers student are very far behind in there scanning. The school's accreditation always seems to be limbo as well. In all honesty, it's your choice as to where you want to go, but don't make the same mistake i did, people warned me prior to enrolling about the school but i did it anyways. The cost is ridiculous, and no the books are not covered in the tuition and the schooling is definitely more than 24,000 in the long run. Best of luck with your decision and career

Hello FLoridagirl:

I've just had a talk with a friend in the Medical Assitant Program few minutes ago who says that people from the Sonography program in Keiser are not getting jobs.
I do not know what to do since I've just started the Vascular Sonography program this month. Currently, are you working in the medical field? did your degree at Keiser help you with anything?

Thanks,
Sara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

nikalicous

63 months ago

Keiser is expensive but its worth the money. every class will cost you around $1200 but you can transfer your credits to big universities unlike Everest, abd other schools that you see commercials for every five seconds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ccraisins in Bell, Florida

62 months ago

I'm currently a MA student with Keiser, and while i agree it is expensive, they work with you and your income. I only have to pay $50 dollars a month towards my tuition, and my pell grants pay for my books. So whoever said you can't pay for your books with tuition money is wrong. I'm doing the online courses because I just had a baby and have to stay home anyway. The college credits I already completed at our local community college in 2003 was transfered over. Other than the price being outragious, that is the only thing bad with them. But if you can prove to them that you have no income they work with you. I even got a 'low income scholarship' that is helping pay for it. My Finacial Aid contract says that I will start paying $50 a month, 6 months after I graduate, for 10 years. That doesn't seem too bad. Also, I'm doing my externship at palatka healthcare, our local nursing home in putnam ct. florida. Anyway, they have already drawn up my contract to continue there after I graduate. So I'm sorry to people who say they cannot find work or that keiser scammed them. It doesnt matter what college you go to. If your attendance or grades are poor, or you drop out early, you still have to pay back the loans. And everyone already knows private universities cost more. So if you're unhappy maybe you should have just went to your local community college. Maybe a university was too much for you? And maybe you didn't do your part to better yourself. A school can only do so much. I stayed on the phone for three weeks before getting with palatka healthcare. You have to put in your own manhours but it is worth it. Nothing is just handed over to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

I went to keiser in Kendall to find out information on the Radiology program and they told me theres a waiting list until January 2011. The cost is close to $7,000 a semester and its 5 semesters so multiply that, and the program runs for 20 months. Keiser in Kendall looks Ghetto as hell, I wouldnt recommend that college to anyone unless you thugged out lol! But I will check keiser in ft lauderdale since my ex girlfriend graduated from there in therapist assistant and she making pretty good money. It is a good school but I wouldnt waste time on the kendall campus, kendall campus is not accredited by JRCERT, their in the process to get accredited in that but their NOT as of yet, the admission counselor will lie to you and tell you thats not important that she can prove that you can get a job easily that B.S.! every hospital and Radiology job out there make sure your school is accredited both ARRT and JRCERT even Medvance Institute is accredited in both. Anyways I really dont want to waste time in Miami Dade college since they give you more dumb classes that you dont need for the program, I'll check keiser in Ft lauderdale if not MEDVANCE it is. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

I forgot this idiots in here are talking about that theres no jobs in radiology out there? theres is plenty of positions open in the field of radiology, if you live in Florida go to employflorida.com and search radiology and you'll see for urself and if your just starting school in 2 years im sure thinks will get better with the economy and thell be more jobs in this field if its not in florida then it'll be somewhere else. But it is a good career and a great profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

micojones yatusabe in Miami, Florida

62 months ago

I want to know if MEDVANCE INSTITUTE in miami is any good in the Radiology tech program and if anyone has attended and graduated from this school and is working in the field??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Miami, Florida

61 months ago

I would like to know if Medvance Institute in Miami is a good school??? I know their radiology program is a 2 year $37,000.... Has anyone graduated from this school? and has gotten hired? please let me know ASAP before i sign that paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

apple41876

61 months ago

I am about to start at Keiser. Although I do believe they rape you for the tuition, the Radiology program at any other school is near impossible to get into. I tried for 3 years to get into the Halifax program in Daytona and they only take 10 students per year! I was told there is a waiting list but you have to consider, the waiting list is based on how many of the pre-recs you have done. If you have all your pre-recs completed, like I do, you are bound to be bumped up on the list. You just have to call them often and speak to the administrator kinda like after a job interview, let them know you are waiting and you are really anxious to start. Their "list" consists of ALL students that applied for the program even students right out of HS who have no college credits. Some change majors, some just decide not to go at all so the "waiting list" varies from month to month. It also depends on how many students that ARE working on their pre-recs pass and continue on. When they tell you it's a 26 month course or whatever you have to keep in mind they are also counting that you DON'T have any pre-recs done. My core classes will only take me 16 months since I have my AA. I was given a May 2010 start date. I am now starting Aug. 2009 since all my pre-recs were completed. Good luck! Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon Tuten in Melbourne, Florida

61 months ago

Keiser is a good school it is better than when I went back in 1998. I graduated then from MA school. I just graduated from RT school from there but the problem is there are not any jobs at all. The one thing I will say is that they didn't inform you that most places won't hire you right out of school you need experience. So give me any advice in how to get experience right out of school, this is ridiculous.I can't even get any where with my experience from being a Basic X-ray Operator. Please someone HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

gemi1983 in Hollywood, Florida

60 months ago

I have the choice of either going to Keiser University or Miami Dade College and I dont know which school to choose. I have been on the waiting list for Keiser and I have finally been called to start but I applied to Miami Dade in the spring and also got excepted there. I know that there is a major price difference but my main concern is which school is going to look better on my resume and which school is going to teach me more.

For those of you who know about the profession but have not heard of either shcool, Keiser University is a for-proifit, accelerated private university that will alow me to complete the program in 16 months. Miami Dade College is a local community college that will take a total of 24 months to complete.

Please help me especially those who have been to either school, tell me about your experiences and if you were able to get a job uppn examination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

apple41876 said: gemi1983

Thank you so much Apple this really makes a lot of sense. I agree about the 17 months vs the 24 months it is definately more convienient. Are you starting in the Fall at Keiser Ft lauderdale for the Sonography program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

apple41876

60 months ago

gemi1983 in Hollywood, Florida said:

No problem gemi1983, have you made a choice yet? I am starting at the Daytona campus in Aug. for the Radiology Program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

YoYo in Pompano Beach, Florida

60 months ago

I currently attend Keiser University. I did my research and decided Keiser was for me. Yes, they are expensive, but so are most private colleges? I am in the Vascular Sonography program, I start my core Classes the end of the month (August 31). When i started in January, I was told I would be on the waiting list for the General sonography till Aug 2010...I didnt want to wait so long, so i switch to Vascular, which had a waiting list time of January 2010. Some students failed there anatomy class and i was bumped up from the january start date to August. Also, the Vascular program is currently in transtion to recieve its accrediation....Keiser is 100% accrediated in all medical programs, Vascular is a newer program there. I personally saw the accrediated personal people from CAAHEP there in May, so accreditation should be granted before the year is done.

At the end of the day, people will have negative things to say about their experience. I dont know which Keiser the "gottakenbykeiser" went to, but i got to the Ft. Lauderdale campus. Check put CAAHEP.com, they do all the accrediations on schools in the country for all allied medial programs. I know people that have graduated from Keiser in Nursing, Physical therapist and Sonography, but they all got jobs out of Florida because those states were offering more money! Once you pass your boards you shouldnt have a problem getting a job. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

aso305 in brooksville, Florida

60 months ago

Has anyone taken the entrance exam for Keiser? Can you tell me what is on the exam, since it is suppose to only take 12 minutes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

aso305 in brooksville, Florida said: Has anyone taken the entrance exam for Keiser? Can you tell me what is on the exam, since it is suppose to only take 12 minutes?

This test is incredibly easy, its all basic math and basic english anyone can pass it. The only thing about it is that you dont have a whole lot of time. But as far as the questions, very basic!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

YoYo in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I currently attend Keiser University. I did my research and decided Keiser was for me. Yes, they are expensive, but so are most private colleges? I am in the Vascular Sonography program, I start my core Classes the end of the month (August 31). When i started in January, I was told I would be on the waiting list for the General sonography till Aug 2010...I didnt want to wait so long, so i switch to Vascular, which had a waiting list time of January 2010. Some students failed there anatomy class and i was bumped up from the january start date to August. Also, the Vascular program is currently in transtion to recieve its accrediation....Keiser is 100% accrediated in all medical programs, Vascular is a newer program there. I personally saw the accrediated personal people from CAAHEP there in May, so accreditation should be granted before the year is done.

I really would like to go to Keiser and believe me when they told me about the waiting list for General I flipped but I didnt switch because I really have my heart set on General. Im actually going to orientation on the 13th, since im so close to the bottom of the list I get to attend incase anyone backs out. I completely agree with you about how everyone will have something negetive to say at the end of day and sometimes even for something minor or personal, but to be honest ive asked a lot of people about Keiser and I have yet to come across someone who had a real reason for not liking it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aso305 in brooksville, Florida

60 months ago

gemi1983 in Hollywood, Florida said: This test is incredibly easy, its all basic math and basic english anyone can pass it. The only thing about it is that you dont have a whole lot of time. But as far as the questions, very basic!!

Thanks for the information. I have an interview w/ an addmissions counselor. After paying for the application fee and taking the test what is the next step? I am looking at the radiology program at the Tampa campus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

apple41876

60 months ago

Just an FYI for all of you who are JUST starting with none of you pre recs done and also are on a possible waiting list....you may want to look into completing your pre recs at a community college if you have the time. It's much cheaper and you can get more grants and/or loans. That's what I did. Just a suggestion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

gemi1983 in Hollywood, Florida said: I really would like to go to Keiser and believe me when they told me about the waiting list for General I flipped but I didnt switch because I really have my heart set on General. Im actually going to orientation on the 13th, since im so close to the bottom of the list I get to attend incase anyone backs out. I completely agree with you about how everyone will have something negetive to say at the end of day and sometimes even for something minor or personal, but to be honest ive asked a lot of people about Keiser and I have yet to come across someone who had a real reason for not liking it.QUOTE]

I will be attending the Orientation on the 13th as well! I'm just keeping my fingers cross hoping to pass AnatomyII. So far everything looks like i will be starting the core at the end of the month. The only thing, i think about is the physics class in the core...lol
I would recommend anyone to Keiser....so far i am having a wonderful experience with the professors and other students there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

aso305 in brooksville, Florida said: Thanks for the information. I have an interview w/ an addmissions counselor. After paying for the application fee and taking the test what is the next step? I am looking at the radiology program at the Tampa campus.

Well if you have already completeed your general education requirements, if there is no waiting list in Tampa, you will automatically start your core classes in August. If you dont have any college or little college than youll finish your general education requirements and then start the core classes. The core classes start 3 times a year, in January, May and September. The general education classes start every month. But generally from the interview youll go staight to financial aid to either take out a loan or get grants. If i were you to soave yourself some time in the financial aid office I would fill out the FAFSA if you havnt already done so. the website is www.fafsa.ed.gov. well I hope this helps. Keiser does a very good job of babying there students. The take care of everything for you. There is very Little you have to do. They take care of financial aid and class schedules.
Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you, any more questions let me know. I have a pretty good idea of how Keiser works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MKC in Lynbrook, New York

60 months ago

I am currently living in NY right and is interested in moving to Florida and do getting OTA degree. I was wondering has anyone been to Keiser University for that are know someone I really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Efox4518 in Pompano Beach, Florida

59 months ago

MKC in Lynbrook, New York said: I am currently living in NY right and is interested in moving to Florida and do getting OTA degree. I was wondering has anyone been to Keiser University for that are know someone I really appreciate it.

Oh my god, do not go to keiser!!!!! The OTA is a good field to get in and I considered it myself. But, after a lot of counseling from a neighbor (who is a retired broward college advisor veteran) I decided to go to BCC for PTA. I am in year 2 and so far it has been affordable, wonderful, and I know I will be making 50k when i graduate. PTA is in high demand and rising much higher than OTA. Think about it. BCC costs 4k a year with books full time, keiser costs 15k+ per year. Keiser has a very bad rep. around here. BCC gives you extra money too twice a year. Think about it!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

MKC in Lynbrook, New York said: I am currently living in NY right and is interested in moving to Florida and do getting OTA degree. I was wondering has anyone been to Keiser University for that are know someone I really appreciate it.

Hi MKC,
I currently attend Keiser in Ft. Lauderdalem doing the CardioVascular Sonography program. I know people in both the OTA & PTA programs and they love it. Yes Kesier is Expensive, but it is faster than a community college. I think PTA is better because it is in high demand!! Everyone past and present that has attended Keiser have or is enjoying it. I would recommend anyone to come here. Once i am finish i plan to move back to up north (NY), because thats where the real money is to be made, starting around 68k. So when you come to florida, check out the school for yourself. By the way, Keiser is an Accredited school and OTA, PTA are accredited as well, so you dont have to be worried about if they are a school of scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

dont go to keiser a waste in New Orleans, Louisiana

59 months ago

Erika's Mom in Fort Myers, Florida said: I'm about to enroll in Keiser in Ft.Lauderdale, Fl. I want to become an ultrasound technician and this school is really convenient for me. just wanted to find out if it is a good choice and if it has a good program for medical sonography...

do not enroll into keiser I did their MA program a year ago and cannot find a job if you want to go to school go to a community college Keiser is very expensive and not worth it if your going to be expensive find me a job they are not worth it honey trust me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mara in Deerfield Beach, Florida

58 months ago

How good is Medvance in WPB for LPN????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jaime in Boca Raton, Florida

58 months ago

Can anyone tell me the difference between the OTA & PTA programs in sonography, I am about to enroll at Keiser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

emily santana in Hollywood, Florida

57 months ago

YoYo in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I currently attend Keiser University. I did my research and decided Keiser was for me. Yes, they are expensive, but so are most private colleges? I am in the Vascular Sonography program, I start my core Classes the end of the month (August 31). When i started in January, I was told I would be on the waiting list for the General sonography till Aug 2010...I didnt want to wait so long, so i switch to Vascular, which had a waiting list time of January 2010. Some students failed there anatomy class and i was bumped up from the january start date to August. Also, the Vascular program is currently in transtion to recieve its accrediation....Keiser is 100% accrediated in all medical programs, Vascular is a newer program there. I personally saw the accrediated personal people from CAAHEP there in May, so accreditation should be granted before the year is done.

At the end of the day, people will have negative things to say about their experience. I dont know which Keiser the "gottakenbykeiser" went to, but i got to the Ft. Lauderdale campus. Check put CAAHEP.com, they do all the accrediations on schools in the country for all allied medial programs. I know people that have graduated from Keiser in Nursing, Physical therapist and Sonography, but they all got jobs out of Florida because those states were offering more money! Once you pass your boards you shouldnt have a problem getting a job. Good luck!!

Hello, I read your message and i have been on the waiting ist for about a year and a half and im about to start in january. They mentioned that we may have to travel a lot do you know what they mean by traveling is it like traveing to miami or like and hour away? Any information would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vintage_lover in Boca Raton, Florida

57 months ago

Hey guys,
I am also going to be starting at the ft lauderdale Keiser location. But, I am not sure what the difference between vascular and the general and not sure which one to enroll it.

I was under the impression that all sonography programs there were accredited.

If I enroll in the vascular what would make a difference in the job when I am out. Also does anyone know if there is any difference in the payscale?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I have done tons of research and also have decided Keiser is for me. But, my questions above is what I was concerned about.

Any tips for signing up for school. I went to the testing and did really well but, was to slow on the math so have to retest. So I really have not even seen financial aid etc yet!

What am I headed for? I am also trying to get through school asap and am a little concerned about the waiting list. Just any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Good luck fellow students. Hope to meet you soon! Take Care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

emily santana in Hollywood, Florida said: Hello, I read your message and i have been on the waiting ist for about a year and a half and im about to start in january. They mentioned that we may have to travel a lot do you know what they mean by traveling is it like traveing to miami or like and hour away? Any information would be great.

I think you are talking about, when it is time to do your clinicals. Most of the sites they have are as far as Palm Beach county(Stuart) and Dade County(Kendall). Every month you do your clinicals at a different hospital/facilty. I hope I was able to clear it up for you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

theman24 in Miami, Florida

55 months ago

be really aware they will act as your friend now and leave you stranded and even send you to collections if you transfer to another institution. It happened to me and now they dont want to release my transcripts to other institutions because of the hold I am having for one of their mistakes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Hollywood, Florida

55 months ago

GotTakenByKeiser in Tallahassee, Florida said: Keiser is a complete scam school. Don't fall for it like I did.

If you look at the schools in the region...you will find out that Keiser is a full accredited school. For instance if you were to transfer to a university such as NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERISTY, WHICH they are hardcore strict about taking credits from outside private schools, they would actually accept Keiser since it is a full accredited school Nationally.

I shopped around for schools, I had 2 in mind both Keiser and Phoenix...Unfortunately Phoenix is not a full accredited school and many Universities will not take your full credits, meaning you will need to start all over again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

student at keiser

55 months ago

Keiser is a horrible. They send students through into the medical field that fail their drug tests multiple times, but yet rid themselves of students who actually want to make it. My experience has been that it becomes a popularity contest, if the instructors don't like you you most likely will not get through at least they won't do you any 'favors' or be willing to help you like they will for the students they DO like. And furthermore, the 'instructors' aren't even really teachers. All you need to teach at keiser is 2 years in the field you are teaching. This is true for the Rad Tech program at least, you need to read the student handbooks VERY carefully to find that out. I would make sure you have completly exhausted all other options before you decide to commit to this school. Do some research find some students that have graduated and ask them what they think. 9 out of 10 graduated students I have spoken to have said they regret EVERY penny they gave to Keiser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Naperville, Illinois

55 months ago

You may want to consider DeVry, I can answer any questions you have bgrey@devry.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

Has anyone ever tried to transfer Keiser University credits to the University of Florida?

I want to get a bachelors degree at Keiser and then attend the University of Florida for a masters in business.

I hope this is possible! Has anyone ever done that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michell in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

The Vascular ultrasound program is extremely difficult and stressful. Also you have to take into account that you will have Physics from the beginning till the end of the program. I really do not like the fact that there is almost no interaction with the patient and, if you make them talk or laugh, your pictures will come out pretty bad. You will have to interact more with the machine, it is pretty boring for me.
If the money is an incentive for you, you can really make a very decent 35 per hour as a PTA which is a less stressful job and there is more interaction with the patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michell in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

By the way, I am studying at Keiser University which has a ridiculous accelerated program in Ultrasound Sonography. Many of the students repeat the classes (you have to come back after 4 months and Keiser charge for those months too), are expelled from the program because they could not keep up their GPA or they got burned out from the program. At the end if you keep up with the program, you will end up paying more than what you had in mind.
Sorry, for being so negative, but being in the program I found out that South Florida is overloaded of ultrasound sonographers. Also the vascular people have the worst schedules(at night) and there are not so many jobs for this kind of modality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Gordon in Jacksonville, Florida

55 months ago

wow some of you students are really negative, i attend Keiser Uuniversity in Jacksonville and love the school the teachers are very helpful and you learn alot, it sounds like to me you'll want something givn to you , and if so Keiser is not the school for you i currently have a 3.0 and i have earned it. If you do your work you will pass it is as simple as that, i mean come on guys and girls this is college not middle school. The only reason i posted this is because i get tired of sorry students representing my school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mitchell in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

I respect your opinion John, but every situation is different. I have a decent GPA of 3.4 and yes I feel I earned it, but the fact that you have to finish 3 or 4 books in one month is ridiculous. That's why lots of sonographers from Keiser out there are very far behind in their scanning skills, make serious mistakes diagnosing pathologies and they get fired. The last one happened in Coral Springs hospital where a sonographer graduated from Keiser got fired for misdiagnosing a serious thrombosis in the wrong side of the brain.
I like the teachers though, but even they know that the amount of information we have to memorize, do projects, and managing scanning skills at the same time is only for passing the test. Then when the teachers ask something related to what we studied before, most of it is forgotten. They know very well that is only for passing the test.
Another con is that doctors out there know about the bad reputation from Keiser. I am in my clinicals right now and this is what I've heard directly from doctors and medical staff.
Good luck anyways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sonogal in Longmont, Colorado

55 months ago

It looks like Florida has a lot of ultrasound schools. I want to move to the Tampa area after graduating from a vascular program in Colorado but I am concern that the job market in FL is saturated. Does anyone know if the job market is good for a vascular sonographer in Tampa? Also, what is the average pay range for an RVT in FL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jltnga in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

Mitchell in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I respect your opinion John, but every situation is different. I have a decent GPA of 3.4 and yes I feel I earned it, but the fact that you have to finish 3 or 4 books in one month is ridiculous. That's why lots of sonographers from Keiser out there are very far behind in their scanning skills, make serious mistakes diagnosing pathologies and they get fired. The last one happened in Coral Springs hospital where a sonographer graduated from Keiser got fired for misdiagnosing a serious thrombosis in the wrong side of the brain.
I like the teachers though, but even they know that the amount of information we have to memorize, do projects, and managing scanning skills at the same time is only for passing the test. Then when the teachers ask something related to what we studied before, most of it is forgotten. They know very well that is only for passing the test.
Another con is that doctors out there know about the bad reputation from Keiser. I am in my clinicals right now and this is what I've heard directly from doctors and medical staff.
Good luck anyways.

In DVS you are not qualified to diagnose you just describe what you see and the doc diagnosis. No school is perfect you just have 2 find theight one for you and work your ass off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.