WHAT TO STUDY FOR NEW SPI EXAM....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1350)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

chris in Livingston, New Jersey

67 months ago

Can anyone recommend what books/cd's to study for the new spi exam? Please reply to this post what was most helpful for you or email me at christinem313@gmail.com, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (336) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

acntech2009 in Ossining, New York

67 months ago

New update... Odwin's DVD lecture on the SPI will be finished in about 3 weeks. Price will be $50, and it will be available on the SDMS website. I'll post more as I know more. Also - I scheduled my exam today - I'll be taking it the 24th of April.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Modesto, California

66 months ago

acntech2009 in Ossining, New York said: New update... Odwin's DVD lecture on the SPI will be finished in about 3 weeks. Price will be $50, and it will be available on the SDMS website. I'll post more as I know more. Also - I scheduled my exam today - I'll be taking it the 24th of April.

I have heard of this DVD yet..Are you sure it will be released within 3 weeks? Please keep me posted I am really interested in buyin it..Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

acntech2009 in Ossining, New York

66 months ago

So he says... Quite the character that one is.... The DVD should be out in 3 weeks, and the book in September. I'm taking the SPI on the 24th too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

luna in Glendale, California

66 months ago

Ravi in Toronto, Ontario said: congrets Nicole......
kremkau is really good i'm studying from this book.i'll be giving spi end of this month.Do you have any advice or suggustion for me to pass SPI exam.Do you have any materials to share with me like your notes.you you want sell i can buy fror reasonable price.
thanks

HI, may I ask how could you take SPI test if it comes out first day April 6 or 9, dont remember exactly....I spoke to ARDMS just last week and test was not out till that day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

luna in Torrance, California

66 months ago

I will post my note here after my test taken. I study for 4 months now, I had no physics background what so ever, and I doubt I would do good. But Im at the point where I will go even if I fail, at least I /ll know from real source what to study for next time

good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

luna in Torrance, California

66 months ago

tajakitten in Clinton, Maryland said: could anyone that has taken the test (SPI) explain what types of questions will be on it--matching, t/f, fill- in the blanks? What types of questions appear the most? Was the test easier than the old UPI?

my friend just went and passed. According to him, all questions are multiple choices, plus some true of false. He said that actually there are doppler questions are prevaling, and they would show a picture and ask what is wrong with it, or what should you do to adjust it...doppler color and mode questions were the most of all others..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sheila in NY

66 months ago

Hi I ws just wondering if anyone has taken the new spi test, since its become availble on April 6, 2009. I need to knoe iof theres anything different on the test. I am taking my exam in may, so any inforamtion would be greatle appreciated.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Done with Physics forever in Brea, California

66 months ago

Nicole in Fountain Valley, California said: I took SPI & I passed it too. It was easier than Regular test. For me helped me Davies's CD & Test & My Text book which is Kremkau book. I didnt go to any seminar & I didnt spend anything. Its all your hard work. Nothing else. No seminar. No one can teach you everything in couple days If you dont wanna work hard or If you are not an active by yourself.

I too used the Davies Ultrasound Physics Exam Simulation CD, very useful because it has test questions that are very similair. I also used Pegasus Vol 1, 2, Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation. The books look complicated but if you take one chapter at a time while taking the exam CD a few hundred times, the information will stick in your head. I originally took the CPI exam back in late Jan, and failed, almost passing. 2 months later taking the SPI and using these tools I finished the SPI in less than an hour. The test was very easy compared to the CPI, or maybe I was more prepared. I am actually glad that I had to take the new version because now I do not have to take physics ever again. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sunn in New York

66 months ago

book in september and DVDs soon
As soon as I can get them I'm signing up for the SPI!
Keep me posted, please...
Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

abc,fairfield,ca in Fairfield, California

66 months ago

i am going to join the kaiser college for dms course.i have a allied healthcare degree with me.so what else i need to join the course?what is spi exam?everone should pass that exam?what is the use for this after you join dms course?please can anyone tell me?plese tell me about the dms course also.is that a really tough one to pass?thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

luna in Glendale, California

65 months ago

Doez anyone have abdomine workbook.. I could help you with Spi one instead? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

leto-j in Hopewell Junction, New York

65 months ago

acntech2009 in Ossining, New York said: Passed the SPI!!! Lots of questions about color flow doppler, PRF, damping and decibels. Only studied the Edeman book. Was really not that bad.

heyy.. what do you mean alot of damping and decibels? do you mean that they asked alot of questions about parts of the transducers?... Let me know.. Gotta take it may 28th! so it wasn't thhhaattt bad???! im so nervous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

daisy in Woodbury, New York

65 months ago

Can someone please tell me which Davies physics CD to download on th net to study for the SPI?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee

thank you

Daisy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Aram in Toronto, Ontario

65 months ago

daisy in Woodbury, New York said: Can someone please tell me which Davies physics CD to download on th net to study for the SPI?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee

thank you

Daisy

Hi,
There isn't any chance to download Davies physic for free.You should buy it.

I want to sell it .... 50$ (in the net is 90$)(If you want you can send me e-mail)
My e-mail address is aram6870@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

The website for the Davies download is

daviespublishing.com/Ultrasound-Physics-C109.aspx

you should buy it, it will help you pass the SPI exam.

79.95---worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carmen in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

what is the spiral book?it is the same as understanding ultrasound?
and when you guys talk about davis are you talking about the 500 question book?Can somebody explain?I am studing this 2,is this enough?
Th.you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

harland in San Diego, California

65 months ago

chris in Livingston, New Jersey said: Can anyone recommend what books/cd's to study for the new spi exam? Please reply to this post what was most helpful for you or email me at christinem313@gmail.com, thanks!

I used eddelman understanding physics and old notes from an eddelman understanding physics seminar i did ok on the spi exam 614 0ut of 700
good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Gloria in Dothan, Alabama

65 months ago

The only reason I was taking the VPI was in order to obtain my RVT credential. Since it is a seperate credential from RDMS youo are required to pass it and the vas. tech test. Believe me I would not be doing it if I didn't have to. Missed it by 2 points. Been along time since I studied physics but at least now I know what to expect. Will try again in 60 days.

Lys in Albany, New York

65 months ago

Gloria in Dothan, Alabama said: The only reason I was taking the VPI was in order to obtain my RVT credential. Since it is a seperate credential from RDMS youo are required to pass it and the vas. tech test. Believe me I would not be doing it if I didn't have to. Missed it by 2 points. Been along time since I studied physics but at least now I know what to expect. Will try again in 60 days.

2 points?? The heartache!!! Yeah physics isn't something you voluntarily take :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

USTech33 in Lincolnshire, Illinois

65 months ago

Done with Physics forever in Brea, California said: The website for the Davies download is

daviespublishing.com/Ultrasound-Physics-C109.aspx

you should buy it, it will help you pass the SPI exam.

79.95---worth it.

Theres a really great mock registry software that just came out-and its costs less than anything else out there. I tried it and it helped me tremendously. Its called RITE Advantage Ultrasound Physics. (You can find it on www.riteadvantage.com)
Its about 600 questions and it covers all the topics seen on the ARDMS outline. I liked it because it is very similar to the actual registry in that you can mark answers for further review and such. Plus it gives great explanations if you were to miss a question.
I would definitely recommend it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

victory007 henderson in allen, Texas

64 months ago

Hi Everyone!
I will be taking the SPI exam soon & wanted to know what to study. Also, how much math does this exam contain? Im not particularly good with math problems, so I want to know how to prepare myself for it.
I appreciate your help!
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Not much math at all on the version that I took. You have to know of the formulas but you do not necessary have to use them. No doppler equation on the version I took but you probably should still know how it works. Who knows, there may be many different versions.

Sally in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

Hey MollyP,
You were wondering which of the mock registries I liked better.
I think they were both awesome. It really doesn't matter which one you choose to go with, I think they both had great information and were great at testing. Price-wise, the rite advantage one was a little cheaper.
Good luck with your studying!! I'm sure you'll do just fine :)

physic trouble in New York, New York

64 months ago

Hey guys, those of you who took SPI can you tell me how much of echo and vascular physic are there since they combine the exam. I'm really freaking out since physic is not my best subject.

azi in Rochester, New York

64 months ago

luna in Torrance, California said: I will post my note here after my test taken. I study for 4 months now, I had no physics background what so ever, and I doubt I would do good. But Im at the point where I will go even if I fail, at least I /ll know from real source what to study for next time

good luck to all

did you pass?
if you did ,can you pass your notes to me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Medical Sonograher in Ohio

64 months ago

Val in Sacramento, California said: Please send me your notes. I really need it ! Thank you !

cousine_val@yahoo.com

Sent! I titled it "PHYSICS INFORMATION FROM INDEED FORUM"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Val in Davis, California

64 months ago

Medical Sonograher in Ohio said: Sent! I titled it "PHYSICS INFORMATION FROM INDEED FORUM"

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

azin in Rochester, New York

64 months ago

can you send the note to mee too. please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LYCARTER in FT. LAUDERDALE, Florida

64 months ago

chicken scratch or not....I'll figure it out! Can you e-mail a copy of that to me PLLLLEASE? I'm sitting for the SPI on the 19th!
My e-mail is: luv4ultrasound@hotmail.com
THNX!

jhach43 in New York, New York

64 months ago

I just took the SPI exam. I found the review class given by Charles Odwin through IAMP to be very helpful. He gave a great overview about what was going to be on the exam and his notes and practice exams were very helpful. Because of the class, there were no surprises at all about what was going to be on the test, I was prepared for everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jj in New Hyde Park, New York

64 months ago

Please email me your notes. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. judy_115@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

farah in Toronto, Ontario

64 months ago

jj in New Hyde Park, New York said: Please email me your notes. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. judy_115@yahoo.com

hi,And please e-mail for me too,thanks. my e-mail is : farahediba@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Medical Sonograher in Ohio

64 months ago

SonoTechFL in Tequesta, Florida said: I'd love a copy of your notes too! Thank you very much!!!

What e-mail would you like it sent to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

azin in Rochester, New York

64 months ago

would you email it to me too. mu email is saman_dr@yahoo.com
Thanks

mol in Duluth, Minnesota

64 months ago

Medical Sonograher in Ohio said: Sent! I titled it "PHYSICS INFORMATION FROM INDEED FORUM"

could you please email me that as well? hannanmn@hotmail.com :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

deedee in Opa Locka, Florida

64 months ago

Hello to everyone my friend took the SPI test last week and she told me she had alot of doppler in hers ex of a question but dont quote me, she said She had questions like what can you do to fix this picture? A. decrease amplification 20-30%
B. " " 50-60% and etc. basically what i am trying to say is, what are the percentages and how can someone answer a question like that because she told me she guess on all, she didnt know what they were talking about.she learn how to correct picture but dont know nothing about the percentages.so can someone e-mail me and explain to what that is it would be a great help to me and someone else that dont know may GOD bless you.e-mail address is deedee7551@yahoo.com

ms Trapp in Opa Locka, Florida

64 months ago

kathy in Mississauga, Ontario said: Just passed the SPI exam today. Thanks to "sonographer in Ohio" for your notes, they were very helpful. i got some of the same questions. There were at least 5 questions on Colour doppler with an image. Know how to optimize the signal and reduced artifacts. Good luck to all!

kathy can u please send me the notes e-mail deedee7551@yahoo.com

gina124 in Englishtown, New Jersey

64 months ago

kathy in Mississauga, Ontario said: Just passed the SPI exam today. Thanks to "sonographer in Ohio" for your notes, they were very helpful. i got some of the same questions. There were at least 5 questions on Colour doppler with an image. Know how to optimize the signal and reduced artifacts. Good luck to all!

Do you remember the questions?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

M.Darian in Dublin, California

64 months ago

Hi Kathy do you mind emailing the notes from the Ohio person, I appreciate your help. THANKS My email is m7darian@sbcglobal.net

Carl in Lake Worth, Florida

64 months ago

M.Darian in Dublin, California said: can you please email me your notes, my email is m7darian@sbcglobal.net
I greatly appreciate your kindness.

I'd greatly covet your notes as well all41@bellsouth.net

Thank You

crystalln in West Palm Beach, Florida

64 months ago

Hi, can you please email me your 'chicken scratch' notes also? I am sure you are probably tired of emailing them... I will pay you. LOL. Crystalpadin@gmail.com

Thanks and congrats!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystalln in West Palm Beach, Florida

64 months ago

Carl in Lake Worth, Florida said: I'd greatly covet your notes as well all41@bellsouth.net

Thank You

HEY CARL IS THAT YOU?!?!?

64 months ago

can someone email notes to ginaustech@yahoo.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

ms Trapp in Opa Locka, Florida said: can u e-mail the word file to me my name is deedee e-mail address is deedee7551@yahoo.com

can you email questions to ginaustech@yahoo.com

Thanks

victory007 henderson in allen, Texas

64 months ago

To anyone: Please email me "sonographer in Ohio's chicken scratch notes. I would greatly appreciate it! Thank You very much!valerieh007@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather O in Emmetsburg, Iowa

64 months ago

u521814 in Struthers, Ohio said: Could you please send me your notes also. This would be a great help to me and much appreciated..my email address is dchura@yahoo.com thanks so much

Could you please send me your notes, I would really appreciate it!! Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Thanks again,
crottyh@mercyhealth.com

Linda9400 in New Jersey

64 months ago

M.Darian in Dublin, California said: can you please email me your notes, my email is m7darian@sbcglobal.net
I greatly appreciate your kindness.

Hello- I am taking the SPI in a few months and would would love to have your notes to study. Thanks so much and Congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda9400 in New Jersey

64 months ago

ms Trapp in Opa Locka, Florida said: can u e-mail the word file to me my name is deedee e-mail address is deedee7551@yahoo.com

Would love to have a copy of your notes to help with my studying. Please email me a butterfly9400@verizon.net. Thanks so much. Congrats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda9400 in New Jersey

64 months ago

Heather O in Emmetsburg, Iowa said: Could you please send me your notes, I would really appreciate it!! Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Thanks again,
crottyh@mercyhealth.com

Not sure if who has the Ohio notes. If any one can email them to me I would greatly appreciate them. My email address is butterfly9400@verizon.net. Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.