BEWARE OF POSTERS WHO WORK AT RIVALS OF West Coast Ultrasound Institute

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Paul in Austin, Texas

68 months ago

What a pathetic attempt. This person is upset (and probably embarassed) because I called him out on an erroneous statement he made on a public forum. I have never posted an opinion, either positive or negative, about WCUI.

Get a life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in San Bernardino, California

68 months ago

The most erroneous statement made in this whole conversation is that ultrasound is included in WCUI. I've been to this facility and have worked with these students. It is unfortunate to see students pay so much money to be short handed when they supposedly "graduate." Beware of non-accredited programs...especially when some of the accredited programs cost less and give you more of a future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bella in Beverly Hills, California

68 months ago

WHat I can't understand is why is everyone against WCUI. I am a student there. I am in my 3rd module and I have had a great experience so far. My lab instructors are great and very knowledgable. They are currently employed in hospitals and they choose to come and teach us. My instructor for lecture is wonderful and keeps the class interesting. when I needed help they quickly set me up with a tutor at no cost. I know that the school is not accredited by CAAHEP and that was one of my questions when I first went in to check out the school. They told me they were not, but were accredited by ACCSCT. Yes I know that I have to work one year full time before I can actually take the ARDMS, but I feel as though I am getting great education here. That was my one and only concern. I did my research. I checked out plenty of other schools but I came back to WCUI becuase they were straight forward with me, told me the truth about job availability. ANd the reality of it all is, there is never a guarentee of finding a job in any field. I have a friend who graduated from a CAAHEP accredited school and guess what...she can't find a job. The school she completed didn't have enough machines and her externship was at a screening facility. So come in people...stop pointing fingers and start thinking about what you can do to better your chances in finding empoyment in your field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ant in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

Paul in Austin, Texas said: What a pathetic attempt. This person is upset (and probably embarassed) because I called him out on an erroneous statement he made on a public forum. I have never posted an opinion, either positive or negative, about WCUI.

Get a life.

Note that this man did not deny that he was employed by a rival school.

I am reporting this to the admin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Austin, Texas

67 months ago

Ant in Los Angeles, California said: Note that this man did not deny that he was employed by a rival school.

I am reporting this to the admin.

Note that this man did not deny that I have never posted an opinion regarding WCUI and that he started this thread only because he was upset and embarassed that he was proven to have made an erroneous statement on another thread.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ant in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

Paul in Austin, Texas said: Note that this man did not deny that I have never posted an opinion regarding WCUI and that he started this thread only because he was upset and embarassed that he was proven to have made an erroneous statement on another thread.

I hereby state that you did indeed post an opinion, implicitly, on WCUI as I wrote in the other thread.

I started a new thread because the other one was too congested with the kind of tit for tat that you and your ilk perpetuate.

And PAUL CLEARLY WORKS FOR A RIVAL SCHOOL DUE TO HIS CONTINUED RELUCTANCE TO DENY MY ACCUSATIONS.

Peace

Paul in Austin, Texas

67 months ago

I hereby deny that I work for a rival of said school and, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, restate my assertion that I have never posted an opinion regarding WCUI.

ipso defacto
e pluribus unum

Now this is getting fun!

ultranewbie in Sunnyvale, California

67 months ago

WTH?? this is so weird...there are folks here on the forum requesting help. trying to pass boards, etc. and need guidance from the "vets" on this forum..

i'm kind of new here, and have posted questions asking for feedback, guidance, cultural questions, reading materials to pass boards, reality checks, etc. regarding the field of ultrasound in general...with mostly little to no responses at all..

it seems that folks only seem to keep crazy threads like this going regarding schools, rival schools, who isn't accredited, and reacting to folks trolling on the forums.

I'm new to this board, and it's obvious who's looking for fresh meat, and those that sincerely want others to have a great/accredited education..

paul, you don't have to respond to this.."res ipso loquitor"...the thing speaks for itself...

could you vets spend more time helping out us "newbs"..versus withholding information on scanning tips, etc., reading materials, and review seminar info? how about helping us get acquainted with tech behavior at work? i asked that question once, and only received a handfull of responses. yet, look at the threads about "WCUI", "show me the money" "don't waste your money here"..there are almost a hundred responses. and actual e-fights..i heard ultrsonographers are "catty", "competitive" and in many cases "cowardly"..and it shows..

geez, everytime i come here, there's some weird kind of "urinary olympics" going on - in other words - a pissing contest. Paul - it's obvious - you're better than this.:)

how about cleaning up the act - and switching to stuff that will help the new kids on the block?

Ant in Sherman Oaks, California

67 months ago

Paul in Austin, Texas said: I hereby deny that I work for a rival of said school and, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, restate my assertion that I have never posted an opinion regarding WCUI.

ipso defacto
e pluribus unum

Now this is getting fun!

Paul: Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum.

And I think that these thread(s) do, indeed, speak for themselves :)

Upset in Ontario in Upland, California

67 months ago

Ant in Beverly Hills, California said: I have noticed a disturbing trend on this forum. It seems that many negative posts have been written by people who are employed by rivals of West Coast Ultrasound Institute.

Basically, it is hard for rival schools to compete with West Coast's friendly family-like atmosphere when they are publicly-traded corporate enterprises. So, they resort to these kinds of classless tactics.

Posters to beware of:
Paul in Austin
Laurel Collins
Robazz Sanchezz

I went to WCUI and still have lots of friends there, so it is upsetting to see its name besmirched like this.

I am a current WCUI student...If you want proof you can meet me at the Ontario campus where I attend.
The truth is...there are students, current students, that are extremely unhappy with this school. Even if the names mentioned above are fictitious the stories are in fact, REAL! I have seen/heard alot in the little time that I have attended WCUI and have decided to drop this school and return to a JC. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone. The convience of a "short-term" program will never be enough compensansation for the stress filled learning environment, the uncertainty surroundig the schools reputation, the cost, time wasted, and inability to work in the carreer that you have chosen. The cons by far outweigh the pros. If it wasnt so, why isnt there a blog about how awesome WCUI is? Its apparent that very few have managed to succeed once theyve graduated. If you are one of the few, consider yourself lucky!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ant in Sherman Oaks, California

67 months ago

Upset in Ontario in Upland, California said: I am a current WCUI student...If you want proof you can meet me at the Ontario campus where I attend.
The truth is...there are students, current students, that are extremely unhappy with this school. Even if the names mentioned above are fictitious the stories are in fact, REAL! I have seen/heard alot in the little time that I have attended WCUI and have decided to drop this school and return to a JC. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone. The convience of a "short-term" program will never be enough compensansation for the stress filled learning environment, the uncertainty surroundig the schools reputation, the cost, time wasted, and inability to work in the carreer that you have chosen. The cons by far outweigh the pros. If it wasnt so, why isnt there a blog about how awesome WCUI is? Its apparent that very few have managed to succeed once theyve graduated. If you are one of the few, consider yourself lucky!

If you knew anything about statistics or human nature, you would know that people are far more inclined to take action when they are unhappy with something; e.g. do you usually see demonstrations in support of a President or against him? People who are happy already have what they want. Nevertheless, there are many postings in support of WCUI. Check it out.

I am glad to see that I have played a part in the increased grammatical standards currently found on this board!

dc2011 in Riverside, California

36 months ago

Upset in Ontario in Upland, California said: I am a current WCUI student...If you want proof you can meet me at the Ontario campus where I attend.

I just wanted to know if WCUI is really that bad? I am in the process of applying in Jan.2012, but I've read so many bad things about this school and I'm second guessing myself whether I should attend??

dc2011 in Riverside, California

36 months ago

Well I just wanted to know if WCUI is really that bad? I am in the process of applying for the Jan.2012 start day, but I've read so many bad reviews of this school and I am second guessing myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

US2009 in Whittier, California

36 months ago

bella in Beverly Hills, California said: WHat I can't understand is why is everyone against WCUI. I am a student there. I am in my 3rd module and I have had a great experience so far. My lab instructors are great and very knowledgable. They are currently employed in hospitals and they choose to come and teach us. My instructor for lecture is wonderful and keeps the class interesting. when I needed help they quickly set me up with a tutor at no cost. I know that the school is not accredited by CAAHEP and that was one of my questions when I first went in to check out the school. They told me they were not, but were accredited by ACCSCT. Yes I know that I have to work one year full time before I can actually take the ARDMS, but I feel as though I am getting great education here. That was my one and only concern. I did my research. I checked out plenty of other schools but I came back to WCUI becuase they were straight forward with me, told me the truth about job availability. ANd the reality of it all is, there is never a guarentee of finding a job in any field. I have a friend who graduated from a CAAHEP accredited school and guess what...she can't find a job. The school she completed didn't have enough machines and her externship was at a screening facility. So come in people...stop pointing fingers and start thinking about what you can do to better your chances in finding empoyment in your field.

are you working now?

ECHOTECH 24 in California

36 months ago

I am a graduate of WCUI. I graduated from the Cardiovascular Echosonography program. I personally have to say that it is a intense program. The instructors I had, taught from a Doctors Level, which I am very thankful for. My physics instructor ( thank you Dr. Bahaa) told us from the beginning! If you pass my class with a (A) that's what you will get on your SPI Board. If you get a (C), (D), ect.... That's how you will score on your boards. He was absolutely correct. I passed with a very high score. While others set around complaining how hard this course was and did not succeed. For anyone who is worried about waiting a year to take your RDCS, and does not have a Bachelors degree, there is options. You HAVE to be willing to put a lot of work into it. For me, I was one of the ones who graduated prior to the AOS program they now have. If you want just your CCI, you are eligible. However, most places that are worth working for wants the RDCS. So, I passed my SPI, setting for my CCI in 3 weeks, and then I am automatically eligible to set for my RDCS. This is without a bachelor degree. All this will be accomplished within 5 months of my graduation. I got a job as a Electrocardiogram instructor at a well know Community College making 35.00 an hour while I pass my boards. There is options! You cannot just expect ANY school to hand you a job! That's why at WCUI, it's called Career Services, not Job Placement. The amount of work you put into your studies is exactly what you will come out with. For the most part, anyone I have heard setting around complaining about WCUI also set around complaining about every other aspect of their life. Look at the source. Research and base your decision about WCUI on facts, not hear say. I cannot say enough good things about my instructors. Even my awesome lab instructor. Dr. Emad, my anatomy and physiology instructor always went out of his way to teach beyond what was required. Dr. Bahaa, my Echo A an

36 months ago

Sorry ran out of space.... Dr. Bahaa, my Echo A and Echo B instructor, my Physics instructor, as well as Vascular instructor was amazing. He is also Registered in General Ultrasound as well as Echocardiography, and Vascular. If this was a school that was only for money, they certainly didn't have to go above and beyond the way they did. I am very thankful that they taught at the level they did. It prepared me for the real world. His physics exams were exactly like the question I had on my boards.

To sum it up, I came out of WCUI, volunteered at a very respected Adult and Pediatric Cardiologist Office, whom both were on the board of directors and headed the Cardivascular Echosonography program at Loma Linda University Medical Center. They both commented on how well I had been trained. That is fact, not hear say.

Hope this helps someone....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

US2009 in Whittier, California said: are you working now?

You are exactly right! Take responsibility for your education..... Where ever you go to school, the effort you put in is exactly what you get of any school. You take what you need and leave the rest behind. Most people who set around complaining want everything handed to them. It's work, but WCUI definitely is a amazing school.

36 months ago

dc2011 in Riverside, California said: Well I just wanted to know if WCUI is really that bad? I am in the process of applying for the Jan.2012 start day, but I've read so many bad reviews of this school and I am second guessing myself.

No, it's not. It's a well established school. From the Owner Myra, right down to the staff...they are all very highly educated. I had my reservation at first. Then I quit listening to all the negativity and based my opinion for myself.

Just work hard, study hard, and you will come out fine!

jaz1303 in B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona

35 months ago

ultranewbie in Sunnyvale, California said: WTH?? this is so weird...there are folks here on the forum requesting help. trying to pass boards, etc. and need guidance from the "vets" on this forum..

i'm kind of new here, and have posted questions asking for feedback, guidance, cultural questions, reading materials to pass boards, reality checks, etc. regarding the field of ultrasound in general...with mostly little to no responses at all..

it seems that folks only seem to keep crazy threads like this going regarding schools, rival schools, who isn't accredited, and reacting to folks trolling on the forums.

I'm new to this board, and it's obvious who's looking for fresh meat, and those that sincerely want others to have a great/accredited education..

paul, you don't have to respond to this.."res ipso loquitor"...the thing speaks for itself...

could you vets spend more time helping out us "newbs"..versus withholding information on scanning tips, etc., reading materials, and review seminar info? how about helping us get acquainted with tech behavior at work? i asked that question once, and only received a handfull of responses. yet, look at the threads about "WCUI", "show me the money" "don't waste your money here"..there are almost a hundred responses. and actual e-fights..i heard ultrsonographers are "catty", "competitive" and in many cases "cowardly"..and it shows..

geez, everytime i come here, there's some weird kind of "urinary olympics" going on - in other words - a pissing contest. Paul - it's obvious - you're better than this.:)

how about cleaning up the act - and switching to stuff that will help the new kids on the block?

I personally agree! These forums are for getting help not bashing companies and people you have oblivous issues with...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jaz1303 in B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona

35 months ago

dc2011 in Riverside, California said: Well I just wanted to know if WCUI is really that bad? I am in the process of applying for the Jan.2012 start day, but I've read so many bad reviews of this school and I am second guessing myself.

I am not in the California area,but in an area where there is a location. No this school is not bad. You have to do your homework before choosing a school. Which I am sure you already did. It seems the comments I have seen are more on a personal level.

When going into the medical field you have to be willing to be flexible when looking for jobs. They might not pay the best but you might see a possibility for growth. You might have to commute to cities that have more oppurtunities. Go into this adventure with a positive outlook and you will succeed.

Karen in Canyon Country, California

34 months ago

dc2011 in Riverside, California said: I just wanted to know if WCUI is really that bad? I am in the process of applying in Jan.2012, but I've read so many bad things about this school and I'm second guessing myself whether I should attend??

Are you deciding to enroll? Im getting ready to enroll and am reading around to see if this is a worthwhile school. Im going to the BH campus. I really liked the school from what I saw so far.

Just wondering what you decided.

Lisa in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

I went to the BH campus. All this school wants is your money. Are the staff educated? Yes. Do they care if you get an education? Not really. Expect smiles and warm welcomes until you actually start your curriculum.

I was in the nursing program and can tell you that it is pretty much self-taught. There's alot of favoritism. Expect alot of double standards and definitely a lack of confidentiality with anything. Your personal and financial business is talked about in class like commonplace. Some teachers and staff talk about students like they are dogs, in the open, for all to hear.

You will sit in a class for hours reviewing basic powerpoints and then the teacher gives you the actual test questions before you take the test. This is done so that the school and teachers appear as if they really teaching nursing material you need to know to take the ATI's. But when it comes to taking the actual ATI's, you are on your own. The in-class tests have little to do with ATI's. And don't expect to learn much from clinical's either. This school seems to be an official nursing mill. If you pass the NCLEX, it will be because you taught yourself.

Just do your research before going to this school. I wish I would have. I don't know if the owner Myra doesn't know what's going on with her business, or just doesn't care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

drank the kool aid in Phoenix, Arizona

33 months ago

Our Lab Coordinator isn't even certified! He doesn't have the qualifications to be given grades, according the accredation board.

Where is Myra???? Does she care at all?

Tells It Like It Is in Palm Desert, California

30 months ago

Myra the owner knows about everything at all campuses. All the orders come from her. She uses her employee henchmen to carry out her orders. She may pretend to be all innocent and not know anything, but it is all just an act. Everything going on at West Coast Ultrasound Institute starts at the top with Myra. She knows but just cares about how much tuition money comes in.

victimofWCUI in Fontana, California

29 months ago

I am a former student of WCUI, and I will proclaim that this institution is nothing more than a business for those who run it, and not in the best interest of the students. It is POORLY managed, and overseen by their "So Called" medical professionals. It is far more expensive than other vocational schools, and delivers noting more than inflated promises a lip service that sells their programs to people who are truly aspiring to improve their lives. They take advantage of this. How can these people still be in business? I fell victim to their program, and am now in debt without a job or anything to show for it. They should be shut down. The only ones benefiting from their are the administration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dusty echo tech in Santa Monica, California

29 months ago

I agree with almost everything that I have seen on this form, this so call college is a joke and the people that run it are a joke too. I called the school in beverly hills and had the pleasure of talking to a admissions person by the name of martha my first impressed of her was very good but after talking to her for a few minutes I realized that she was full of nothing good to say. I asked her a few question that I already knew the answer to just to test her to see if I could trust her and what came out of her mouth was pure BS Who trains these people? She knew nothing of ARDMS or ARRT she also seem to be very bothered with my questions because she was not able to answer them. I'm not going to waste my time and money at this school when my first impression of them is that they are full of BS and can't give me a straight answer. If you do call don't waste your time with martha she knows nothing of nothing I guess they just hire anyone off the street these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mira Loma, California

28 months ago

Dusty echo tech in Santa Monica, California said: I agree with almost everything that I have seen on this form, this so call college is a joke and the people that run it are a joke too. I called the school in beverly hills and had the pleasure of talking to a admissions person by the name of martha my first impressed of her was very good but after talking to her for a few minutes I realized that she was full of nothing good to say. I asked her a few question that I already knew the answer to just to test her to see if I could trust her and what came out of her mouth was pure BS Who trains these people? She knew nothing of ARDMS or ARRT she also seem to be very bothered with my questions because she was not able to answer them. I'm not going to waste my time and money at this school when my first impression of them is that they are full of BS and can't give me a straight answer. If you do call don't waste your time with martha she knows nothing of nothing I guess they just hire anyone off the street these days.

Dusty,

Look into the Ontario Campus, unless distance is too far. From what I understand the staff there is highly qualified and makes sure they know their information if they don't they will direct you to the staff member that does. Check it out if you haven't given up yet.

cnutt in Riverside, California

28 months ago

wish I could find a true report of how many of WCUI students are truly employed in the field..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amber Dubby in Yorba Linda, California

28 months ago

Anonymous in Mira Loma, California said: Dusty,

Look into the Ontario Campus, unless distance is too far. From what I understand the staff there is highly qualified and makes sure they know their information if they don't they will direct you to the staff member that does. Check it out if you haven't given up yet.

The ontario campus is a joke too who wrote this? cindy, rose or was it myra well for sure myra paid someone to write this come back which was a epic fail. The truth of the matter is that this school and it's owners are a FN joke I wasted my money their long time ago and i'm still paying the consequences of taking loans out from this place I'm not working and have never worked not because I'm special no it's because of where I went to school. west coast are filled with people that only care about taking your money and nothing else. Plan and simply look somewhere else not here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Muhammad-Ali in Fontana, California

25 months ago

I graduated in May'2008 (EchoCardio Program) from WCUI Beverly Hills.
People who are complaining abt money.. They should have checked it 'before' getting into any Program. Isn't it obvious that No institute/college/university can guarantee you job??!! .. I had tough time getting a stable job for the first year but that was because of me.. .I was not experienced enough.
Job placement office gave me some opportunities to get a job. one was driving to prisons and doing Ultrasound of inmates (handsome money!),, but I screwed up in one study and got fired. one was at USC, Los angeles. I couldn't get that job because I was out of practice at THAT time and people who are familiar with Ultrasound.. know what I mean.. when you are a fresh grad you must keep on practicing. That's what I did for 3 months after I was not able to get a job, because where ever u go for interview, they will ask u to scan someone (even if u r RDCS/ARDMS/RVT) SO... if u are a good scanner but out of practice at THAT time... u r pretty much screwed up!!
I am proud of getting educated at WCUI, who has great teachers. I don't work for them. I work at Veterans Affairs, Long beach and WCUI ... DID NOT help me getting this job ;)
Good luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.