School on Long Island New York

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Impact in East Meadow, New York

59 months ago

I am a Registered Sonographer with sixteen years of combined work experience in General and Vascular Ultrasound. We Provide cross training for medical personal who wish to cross train into ultrasound. This is an informal training class only meant for people already in the medical profession who want to learn about ultrasound or to cross train into ultrasound. You can contact us at Impact Medical Technologies Inc in East Meadow, Long Island, NY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

minervejoseph@hotmail.com in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

I recently moved to New York from Connecticut. I would like to find an accredited school for Ultrasound Technician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nora in Levittown, New York

54 months ago

I have a degree as a Dr. of Radiology and I practiced medicine for 13 years in Mexico. I am legal here and I have lived on Long Island for 5 years. I cannot practice medicine without a license and I'm seaching for a school that will accept my transcripts/US evaluation in a 2year or less Tech program relating to radiology, sonography, etc. I'm currently setting up interviews with Smith/Brown, IAMP and from here I will look into Molloy. Does anyone have suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Wading River, New York

50 months ago

Eileen 22 in Massapequa Park, New York said: I am tryingn to locate a sonography school program for my daughter who is 40 years old and must work full-time days. Is it possible for a mature adult to attend such a program, do well at it, and self-improve, while needing to self-support themselves with a day job?

No these programs are 40 hours a week you cannot juggle work and school in this case

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Ronkonkoma, New York

47 months ago

Don't not go to Prime Diagnostic Institute their a scam. Their opening a new school and they don't offer student loans(who's gonna pull $15,000 out of their pocket?).I went there and they are totally unprofessional. The teachers would come to class when they felt like it.They would cancel class like every other week. They lied to me and told me i would be an ultrasound technician and now i have nothing to show for it. They only hire people who are already ultrasound techs and Sanford Brown rejects. They are not accredited. They are a big waste of time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lynn in Islip, New York

47 months ago

I am currently looking for an ultrasound accredited training school that is close to Bay Shore New York...please help

thanks.

lynn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Smithtown, New York

47 months ago

Hey everyone...Sanford Brown in garden city just got accredited by caahep.Not sure if i want to go bc of the schools horrible repuataion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GSM in Roslyn Heights, New York

38 months ago

Would trained and certified sonographers on here be interested in their own mobile testing products, to start their own business. Please send us a message with your contact info and email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rationalist in Freeport, New York

38 months ago

Ya, I would definitely be interested, email me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

m.lawe@yahoo.com in Long Beach, New York

37 months ago

I am thinking about applying to Sanford Brown School in Garden City, for Sonogram technician, does anyone have any feed back on the school, ie good reputation,bad reputation ??? and feed back would be a help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Bellmore, New York

36 months ago

Anonymous in Ronkonkoma, New York said: Don't not go to Prime Diagnostic Institute their a scam. Their opening a new school and they don't offer student loans(who's gonna pull $15,000 out of their pocket?).I went there and they are totally unprofessional. The teachers would come to class when they felt like it.They would cancel class like every other week. They lied to me and told me i would be an ultrasound technician and now i have nothing to show for it. They only hire people who are already ultrasound techs and Sanford Brown rejects. They are not accredited. They are a big waste of time!

Annonymous in Ronkonkoma,Please do not confuse Prime Diagnostic Institute with Prime Diagnostic Imaging. Prime Diagnostic Institute is a brand new school in Suffolk County New York that is liscenced by the New York State Department of Education. They have no affiliations with Prime Diagnostic Imaging.

Patches in Patchogue, New York

35 months ago

Christine in Bellmore, New York said: Annonymous in Ronkonkoma,Please do not confuse Prime Diagnostic Institute with Prime Diagnostic Imaging. Prime Diagnostic Institute is a brand new school in Suffolk County New York that is liscenced by the New York State Department of Education. They have no affiliations with Prime Diagnostic Imaging.

Christine...I was thinking of going to Prime Diagnostic Institute...have you gone there or know anyone that has gone there?

kmmwil in Brooklyn, New York

35 months ago

Just because a school is licensed by NY state Dept of Ed DOES NOT mean they are acredited correct? This school in Holbrook does anyone know anyone that has been able to succesfully pass exams and enter into the work force thats my biggest concern!

karina91 in westbury, New York

34 months ago

aydee in Elmhurst, New York said: Look into Methodist Hospital (google it- methodist hospital school), they offer sonography. They let you sit for ARDMS as soon as you finish and they only charge $15,000 for the program.

hello, Im trying to get into this school but I have heard negative comments about it do you know of anyone that has attended it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karina91 in westbury, New York

34 months ago

Susan in West Islip, New York said: Western Suffolk BOCES in East Northport, NY. It's a wonderful program and is accredited.

Hi, do you know of anyone that has attended this school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Bay Shore, New York

31 months ago

Im just wondering because as far as I know the school prime institute literally just opened! So, how does any one know yet what is going to happen after you graduate from there?? Christine in Bellmore did you really attend this program because they havent even had a graduating class yet! Was jusy wondering how you were told that and now have nothing to show for it!?? Im sure its best to go to a CAAHEP accredited school for ultrasound but, from what I hear they are expensive and its highlt competitive to even get in!!! I dont know Im def interested in atteneding somewhere I think I will look into the BOCES program? Can ne one give me some words of wisdom please!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

michy in Bay Shore, New York

31 months ago

Christine in Bellmore, New York said: Annonymous in Ronkonkoma,Please do not confuse Prime Diagnostic Institute with Prime Diagnostic Imaging. Prime Diagnostic Institute is a brand new school in Suffolk County New York that is liscenced by the New York State Department of Education. They have no affiliations with Prime Diagnostic Imaging.

Christine, Im wondering how you went there and know all that like they dont show up, cancel classes etc..when they just opened in January like 3 weeks ago and you posted this comment 5 months ago??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenna Marie in Riverhead, New York

31 months ago

Hi, I was looking at possibly going for ultrasound tech. I have no previous background with it, but I learn very quickly. I have been doing a lot of research on it and trying to find schools on Long Island. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie M in Holtsville, New York

29 months ago

I am going to be living in another state for about 2 years but when i move back I really want to look into prime diagnostic institute and love any feed back from anyone about the place I primarily want to go into the cardiac sonography program. Thanks in advanced!

Anonymous in Massapequa, New York

25 months ago

m.lawe@yahoo.com in Long Beach, New York said: I am thinking about applying to Sanford Brown School in Garden City , for Sonogram technician, does anyone have any feed back on the school, ie good reputation,bad reputation ??? and feed back would be a help

Do not go to Sanford Brown for sonography especially cardiovascular they are a scam they are not accredited and once graduating it is nearly impossible to find a job or get registered. I graduated with 30 people only 3 got jobs because they had family in the field. Don't waste your money! I busted my ass for 2 years and have the same job and salary I had when I was going to school. The only thing I gained from them is a huge debt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

panterina

19 months ago

As an Ultrasound techologist with 20 plus years of experience in NYC area, and a graduate of NYU program of Diagnostic Ultrasound (no more), I strongly advice to people looking to enter the field to only consider programs that are AMA accredited. If you have a BA or BS degrees, then whatever programs you may attend, you will be able to take Registry Boards. (double check this info with ARDMS). Otherwise, the only options that I know of are either Downstate University Imaging program (BS Degree and highly prestigious, and since it is a State University, reasonable enough tuition- need AS degree to enroll) and on Long Island is Molloy College. There maybe others, but make sure it is a University affiliated program with full accreditation. If you do graduate from Sanford Brown or Allied Institute and do not have a Bachelor's Degree of some sort, either foreign or local, your chances of getting a job are not too great, and in order to sit for Registry, you have to work at least 1 year in the field. If such the case, then try to get any kind of per diem, weekend hospital coverage, or anything in the private office where the doctor will confirm that you had a paid job for a year, and get Registerd. You may have to look for a job out of state to start. Good Luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Patchogue, New York

16 months ago

Christine in Bellmore, New York said: Annonymous in Ronkonkoma,Please do not confuse Prime Diagnostic Institute with Prime Diagnostic Imaging. Prime Diagnostic Institute is a brand new school in Suffolk County New York that is liscenced by the New York State Department of Education . They have no affiliations with Prime Diagnostic Imaging.

actually your wrong they are affiliated with prime diagnostic imaging.Another company that is a scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.