Sonographer schools in Houston, TX

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 833)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Star in Baytown, Texas

90 months ago

I am currently looking into the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program at Sanford Brown in Houston, TX. There is also a program for Medical Imaging at San Jacinto College nearby but I think it leans more towards Radiography. Does anyone have any information or advice???

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (147) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

GW in New England in Bedford, Massachusetts

90 months ago

I have worked in the Healthcare field for 35 years. I started as an orderly and most recent position is Vice President of Clinical Services in a hospital. One of the departments I managed was Radiology, and Ultrasound was part of that department. An Ultrasonographer is typically a two year college program. I believe it is a great career for anyone. There is a tremendous need for more ultrasonographers around the country....you can pick where you want to live, because there will always be a job for you where you want to go.

In New England, the starting salary range is around $50,000 and if you take call (which you will have to do in most hospitals) you will make even more.

There is a different type of Sonographer which is used in Cardiology and Cardiologist offices, which is what you might be referring to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. That is also a great job with similar pay. The difference is that it has a main focus of the heart, while the other is more generalized, looking at the entire abdominal cavity organs and arterial/venous system.

Which brings up another speciality within the ultrasound field, which is a Vascual Ultrasound Technologist, which specializes in the study of the arterial/venous system.

Bottomline - any sonographer school is a great investment in your future. Best of luck and if you have any more questions, just email me at gwstexan@comcast.net. (I grew up in La Grange, Texas but now live in Massachussettes.)

Take care and God Bless.

GW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Star in Baytown, Texas

90 months ago

I am almost positive to go in the Ultrasound field and my interest is in Ob/Gyn. My concern is,I know that you have to be certified by organizations before anyone will hire you...atleast that's what i've heard. Also that some schools end up ripping you off...The one here in Houston, TX is Sanford-Brown Institute and it's 18 mths. It says you can sit the ARDMS test upon graduating and that its accredited by the CAAHEP...but is there anything else i should be looking out for???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (129) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I would ask for a list of the hospitals that they are affiliated with to do your clinical time. I would then call the hospital that you may be familiar with or would like to work at and ask to speak with the US clinical instructor in the US dept.

At my hospital, we usually have two students working in the US dept. completing their clinical under the direction of a licensed US Technologist. Once they complete their clinical and didactic studies, they are then eligable to take their exam.

The best students are usually hired by the hospital that they do their clinical in.

Take Care,

Glenn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

General Ultrasound technologists have a broader job market to pick from.

Glenn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Washington, Illinois

90 months ago

Guide

Star in Baytown, Texas said: I am currently looking into the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program at Sanford Brown in Houston, TX. There is also a program for Medical Imaging at San Jacinto College nearby but I think it leans more towards Radiography. Does anyone have any information or advice???

Thanks.

On another forum someone posted a warning,with links,about Sanford Brown schools. What I didn't know 2 years ago when I entered a medical assisting program (not at a SB school) was that there had just been a segment on "60 Minutes" about these career schools. Had I seen it I don't think I would have enrolled,but would have waited til I could get in at a local community college.

Here is a (long) link for the posts (from a site called "Ripoff Reports") about Sanford Brown-

www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=Sanford+Brown&Search=Search

Here is the link on what "60 Minutes" did-
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/31/60minutes/main670479.shtml

Whatever you decide,good luck. I wish I had gone in the radiology direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KENDALL in Thibodaux, Louisiana

90 months ago

ULTRASOUND SCHOOLS IN HOUMA, LA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KENDALL in Thibodaux, Louisiana

90 months ago

I AM LOOKING FOR A ULTRASOUND SCHOOL IN HOUMA, LA ARE THERE ANY HERE OR NEIGHBORING CITIES? PLEASE RESPOND.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Star in Baytown, Texas

90 months ago

Thanks for all the infor. I know Tech schools are more complicating. My husband attended ITT to further his education he has to start over because his credits wont transfer, however his education has provided him with a very good job that i even got to resign from my position to focus on my family and school. So everything has it's + and -. I have researched online and found that Sanford is accredited now with the CAAHEP and the CHEA and lets you sit the ARDMS after graduation. I will look more into it but if i decide for it, i hope it is not a waste of time and $$$.

Thanks again

echomaniac in Woodway, Texas

90 months ago

Not all Sanford Brown programs are CAAHEP accredited.

Take a minute and search for programs by specialty and state on their website:

www.caahep.org/

Having been in the field for years and manager accepting students, I can tell you, do your homework with regards to what program you choose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Star in Baytown, Texas

90 months ago

echomaniac in Woodway, Texas said: Not all Sanford Brown programs are CAAHEP accredited.

Take a minute and search for programs by specialty and state on their website:

www.caahep.org/

Having been in the field for years and manager accepting students, I can tell you, do your homework with regards to what program you choose.

Okay...that is the website that i looked for the information and the program that i am thinking about and the campus i want to attend are listed as accredited...so is there anything else i should look at, or does it seem fair to say i'll be okay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in La Rue, Ohio

90 months ago

Guide

You seem somewhat hesitant,and I can understand it. It's a good thing to be that way and not jump into a program,which too many do. How about meeting with the teachers,ask to sit in on a class,and talk to the students,either current or former? If there is a career coordinator there,ask to talk with them and try to have them be honest with you about their success in job placement,and just what exactly do they do in helping students find employment.

The "do your homework" advice is excellent and you seem to be doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

echomaniac in Evansville, Indiana

90 months ago

Don't just go buy the listing. Click on the link to find what programs are accredited. Some are general, vascular, and cardiac. If they do not have these stated, then the program is NOT accredited even if the "institution" is.

Mark bumming in FL

90 months ago

Star in Baytown, Texas said: I am currently looking into the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program at Sanford Brown in Houston, TX. There is also a program for Medical Imaging at San Jacinto College nearby but I think it leans more towards Radiography. Does anyone have any information or advice???

Thanks.

My friend,

WHATEVER YOU DO,DON"T attend SANFORD BROWN.I recently graduated from SBI in TAMPA for Ultrasound and cannot find a job,despite a 3.7 GPA.They don't teach you half of what you need to know.They cram 2 years of info into a 1 year fast track program.Most of the stuff you learned is forgotten by the time you graduate. Some people fail out half way and they pocket your money.Lab time is limited to 5 hours a week and you scan only other students not people with pathology. They don't test you on upper extremity or lower extremity arterial or venous on lab finals, Important to know if you look for a job.Externship sites are also limited and most are afraid to let you scan anyone given the schools reputation. Whatsmore it cost about $33K for the DMS program. You are NOT able to take the ARDMS cert until after 1 year of employment since the are NOT CAHEB accredited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Star in Baytown, Texas

90 months ago

Hesitant? Yes and much more. It's just that I am 24 with a family and Time and Money wasted are not a good thing...lol...I am willing to take the 18 mth program and pay 35K if it will benefit me and my family's future. Thank you all for your responses!!!

Mark- The Sonographer program at the Sanford Brown in Houston is accredited by the CAAHEP, but not the one in Florida. I am sorry you are having to go through this.

I have scheduled a mtg for next month I just wanted to check here before since I am not sure how honest the school can be. But atlease I have my list of questions before I get in there :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mel

90 months ago

if a program is CAAHEP accredited, do you still have to wait a year to get ARDMS certified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

No, you do not have to wait 12 months if the program is accredited by CAAHEP. But do make sure the exact program you are applying is accredited.

Sanford Brown is known for having general [ultrasound] accreditation, but not always vascular and echo accreditations.

mel in Memphis

90 months ago

ok thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Star in Baytown, Texas

90 months ago

echomaniac in Evansville, Indiana said: No, you do not have to wait 12 months if the program is accredited by CAAHEP. But do make sure the exact program you are applying is accredited.

Sanford Brown is known for having general [ultrasound] accreditation, but not always vascular and echo accreditations.

Sanford is only has the "general" accredidation with CAAHEP....I am leaning more towards OB/GYN so would this be o.k????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I would call CAAHEP to make sure.
www.caahep.org/
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Phone: 727-210-2350
Fax: 727-210-2354
Email: mail@caahep.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Centereach, New York

89 months ago

I'm planning to take ultrasound in Sanford Brown Institute in Garden City NY.Is this a good school for ultrasound? It is expensive and I'm nervous that this will just be a waste of time and money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AR in Hampton Falls, New Hampshire

89 months ago

My first school that I looked at was Sanford Brown in Garden City-but the more research I did the more I realized that going to an unaccredited school was not a good idea-even though I have a Bachelors Degree and I could have sat for the registry exams anyway.....

I actually called and spoke with people at CAAHEP, and numerous people at different colleges to get various opinions. Why don't you look into Molloy College's (Rockville Centre)Cardiovascular Tech program? The head of the program used to run LIU's Vasc. Tech program, and he moved over to Molloy. For what you're going to spend at Sanford Brown-you could even go to NYU's Continuiing Ed Ultrasound Program......well maybe NYU is more expensive...but...check these places out before you make a decision.

P.S. I'm heading to Molloy this fall and I live in NH! My folks live on LI though. I was accepted into NHTI in NH but they focus mostly on OB/GYN and I want Cardiac. So it all depends what your looking for also. The head of the program is named Michael Hartman and a very good person to chat with. I also spoke with a student in the program. Call up Sanford Brown and see if you can talk to students in the program or even the places where they send you for their internships. It's amazing the info you can get if you just ask! Hope this helps....

sarah in Centereach, New York

89 months ago

thank's Ar, I researched and you're right! We spoke to 2 hospitals that used to be affiliated with them and they said the same thing.I called the CAAHEP too. thank's so much, You saved me lots of money. Goodluck to you!

89 months ago

Good luck to you as well, another LI school is Wilson Tech/BOCES in Northport maybe????? Def. cheaper, they do general ultrasound I believe-spoke with people there too, they are really nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Guerric Nagler in Bradenton, Florida

89 months ago

Anyone have any experience in Nuclear Medicine? Earning potential ? In High demand ? Solid future ?

ellen in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

i recently visited with a lady at sanford brown at the houston 59 and beltway location to see about going into the ultrasound program and was thinking about attending until i read most of these blogs and saw the link on 60 mins, im so glad i read all this information beacuse i was serious about attending. i did have my guard up about giving them any money. she wanted a deposit to put me in the class that day,which was almost $100.00, she also wanted me to go talk to financial aid right away. all this did seem fishy to me, and when she showed me the break down of prices i was floored, 38,000....u can go to rice university for that money, also the machines looked old and outdated and all that they offered at that point was night classes. i dont want to be in that area at night with no security. basically i have come to this decision just in the nick of time because i did feel very rushed like i was gonna miss out on getting in the class and miss out on my future or something! also another clue was when i asked the recptionist who was reading a school textbook when i walked in if she went there, she said no with a weird look on her face!! haha thats grand, she doesnt even go to the school it really must suck.oh one more note my cell phone just rang and its the lady i met with.speak of the devil.....well thanx 2 everyone here on this site 4 not letting me screw up my future ans big apologies to those who went through it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

Try Cy-Fair College in Cypress, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

Thanks.

Try inquiring at Cy-Fair College in Cypress, TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyiona in Naples, Florida

89 months ago

Mark bumming in FL said: My friend,

WHATEVER YOU DO,DON"T attend SANFORD BROWN.I recently graduated from SBI in TAMPA for Ultrasound and cannot find a job,despite a 3.7 GPA.They don't teach you half of what you need to know.They cram 2 years of info into a 1 year fast track program.Most of the stuff you learned is forgotten by the time you graduate. Some people fail out half way and they pocket your money.Lab time is limited to 5 hours a week and you scan only other students not people with pathology. They don't test you on upper extremity or lower extremity arterial or venous on lab finals, Important to know if you look for a job.Externship sites are also limited and most are afraid to let you scan anyone given the schools reputation. Whatsmore it cost about $33K for the DMS program. You are NOT able to take the ARDMS cert until after 1 year of employment since the are NOT CAHEB accredited.

your comment was very helpful.. im actually in the process of to attend the ultrasound program at sanfrod brown in tampa fl. i was kind of hesitatnt b/c im torn between the ultrasound and radiology field. I was still debating if i should attend sandford for there ultrasound program or keiser college for there radiology program... reading your comment has given me the right direction i should go in... have any of you heard any things about keiser college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Glenda in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

What school would be best for a cardiovascular tech?
I need assistance, I'm not sure if I should make my appointment at Sanford Brown.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Wow, after reading all of the comments concerning Sanford Brown, I can't believe you would even consider that school. Please go back and reread these comments. Cost is high, I think someone quoted $33,000/yr. Someone else that already went the Sanford Brown route said that clinical sites are reluctant to take on these students since they are not that well trained, etc........so in the end you pay alot of money and can't get a job....think about it!!!

You can be trained in other areas of Ultrasound and then recieve on the job training in another specialty from what I've been told if you don't have a cardiovascular tech school near you. I plan on attending Molloy College in NY for cardiovascular tech in the fall.

Good luck with your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HUMA HABIB in League City, Texas

88 months ago

GW in New England in Bedford, Massachusetts said: I have worked in the Healthcare field for 35 years. I started as an orderly and most recent position is Vice President of Clinical Services in a hospital. One of the departments I managed was Radiology, and Ultrasound was part of that department. An Ultrasonographer is typically a two year college program. I believe it is a great career for anyone. There is a tremendous need for more ultrasonographers around the country....you can pick where you want to live, because there will always be a job for you where you want to go.

In New England, the starting salary range is around $50,000 and if you take call (which you will have to do in most hospitals) you will make even more.

There is a different type of Sonographer which is used in Cardiology and Cardiologist offices, which is what you might be referring to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. That is also a great job with similar pay. The difference is that it has a main focus of the heart, while the other is more generalized, looking at the entire abdominal cavity organs and arterial/venous system.

Which brings up another speciality within the ultrasound field, which is a Vascual Ultrasound Technologist, which specializes in the study of the arterial/venous system.

Bottomline - any sonographer school is a great investment in your future. Best of luck and if you have any more questions, just email me at gwstexan@comcast.net. (I grew up in La Grange, Texas but now live in Massachussettes.)

Take care and God Bless.

GW

my name is huma, iam from india 2i am presently doing an echovascular ultrasound course in houston,i am looking for a volanteer job in vascular ultrasound ,can you guide me,are there such position available in houston?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

HUMA HABIB in League City, Texas

88 months ago

nida arsalan in Karachi, Pakistan said: i have done my M.B.B.S in 2001,got married and was unable to continue my carrier.Now i want to do a diploma or a certificate course in ultrasound from forte myre or houston.please please please help me out in finding a reasonable school from where i can do this course.waiting anxiously for the reply

hi,nida .i am also a MBBS doctor from karachi ,pakistan .i am doing a echovascular ultrasound course from a ultrasound school in sugarland houston,if u need detail ,email me at habibzatoon@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mina in Missouri City, Texas

88 months ago

I checked all website, it seem that the Houston Sanford brown is accredited and legit!

Helen in Houston, Texas

88 months ago

Try Cardiotech Ultrasound School in Houston for cardiac Ultrasound (echocardiogram)

nida arsalan in Karachi, Pakistan said: i have done my M.B.B.S in 2001,got married and was unable to continue my carrier.Now i want to do a diploma or a certificate course in ultrasound from forte myre or houston.please please please help me out in finding a reasonable school from where i can do this course.waiting anxiously for the reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Pearland, Texas

88 months ago

DO NOT ATTEND SANDFORD BROWN!!! Here is my experience with SB on 59S and the beltway. I signed up last year because I wanted to get into the Ultrasound course. They told me I needed college credits and a medical background, and I didnt have either. Their solution was to place me in the billing and coding course to gain the credits needed plus the medical background. I arrived to my financial aid appointment to see what I qualified for, but instead, the girl was already having me sign papers for a loan. To make a long story short, they have a dishonest way of telling you what your payments will be. I was made to believe my payments were going to be $104 and after I signed everything, I found out the $104 payments were going to start after graduation....and that I actually had to pay $450 every month until I graduated. Moving on, within a few months of attending, I found out my fellow classmates were paying different amounts than I was. Me and another girl were the only ones that didn't qualify for grants, yet I was paying more than her...and another girl in class paid absolutely nothing at all! She couldn't afford it and when she told them she was gonna drop, they just waived the tuition! UNBELIEVABLE!! I started doing more research on Ultrasound schools in our area and found another school that's on the north loop off Ella. What they told me nearly had me in tears. They didn't require college credits or a medical background, I COULD HAVE JUST WALKED INTO THE COURSE!! They said they only required credits if I was trying to get a degree (which they offered). So my immediate thought was that SB offered a degree to their Ultrasound students. WRONG! I asked SB about the degree and they said NO, it was a certificate. WHY would they make these students jump through these hoops for a certificate when other schools don't for the exact same certificate? The guy seemed kinda flustered by my question but said it's because their program is more complex. BULL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Pearland, Texas

88 months ago

I got cut off...here's the rest of it.
I was furious that I was paying over $13,000 for the billing and coding course that I didn't even want and had no interest in. I did it because I THOUGHT I could go straight to Ultrasound from there but it's not that easy! They don't tell you this but you have to take an entrance exam...the same entrance exam you take to get placement into college...the same exam that the other school I mentioned requires for their DEGREE program! They charge $35,000 for the Ultrasound program while the other school charges $24,000 for the exact same thing. I also heard that they were raising the price to 40,000 and making it 2 years instead of 18 months. A big rip off if you ask me. And you know what, the teachers even know this. We have talked to them all about it and they get irritated about what the recruiters tell you guys to get you in the door because once the students start seeing the light, they gripe to the teachers and they have to deal with it. Someone mentioned not wanting to attend this school at night, I attended the night classes and you have every right to be nervous. I knew it before I signed up but let me reiterate to you all that this is a BAD AREA! This is located in one of the worst zip codes in houston BUT surprisingly, we had no security issues... other than watching police cars frequent the apartments across the street. Anyway, they told me I was earning college credits but I wasn't. First they said the credits were only good at their school and weren't transferrable but then another representative said that they were. Well they're NOT. So that was $13,000 of my money down the drain. I've entertained the idea of just signing up for the Ultrasound course to make all my trouble worth it but I refuse to give them any more money. They might have you believe you are buying quality but that is crap. If it were true, I'd have a job! If anyone knows of a GOOD Ultrasound school in houston PLEASE let us know!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ramir in Houston, Texas

88 months ago

Go to Cy-Fair College you only need $4000 - $7000 to earn your associate degree in diagnostic ultrasound. But of course, getting accepted in very competitive. You need to be an A student to get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tj

88 months ago

Does anyone have any info on ultrasound schools in
Louisiana?

I already have a Bachelors degree in Business
but I am intrested in the ultrasound field.

Any info would be greatly appreaciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Roxana Ramirez in Houston, Texas

88 months ago

Thanks.

I went to Sanford Brown for awhile and the school is a BIG JOKE!!! Do not waste your money because it will cost about 35K or more. It's better to go to a real college because you will get credit for it. I am going back to school, but I am applying at North Harris College.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Orlando, Florida

88 months ago

I am planning on attending Florida Hospital College of health science for the medical sonography program. Has anyone attended this program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott G. in Buena Park, California

88 months ago

Just wanted to replay to the Sanford Brown Institute questions. Although all are owned by the same company, each one is ran independently. Some of these schools are in fact unaccredited, like the person who wrote about the Tampa Location. It isn't, and has never been mentioned on the CHAAHEP website for proper national accreditation.

Although they are accredited by some other form of of unimportant accreditation (I don't even recall what it is, but its not excepted by most states, especially here in the west cost). People should research what is best for them before enrolling.

I'm moving to Houston after months of research regarding both graduates of the DMS program, and their success. I've even searched them out on myspace to ask questions regarding the program. For the Houston location Ive heard only good things. EXCEPT: for those that have no college units are either asked to take Medical billing/Coding/MA or whatever else they can pawn off on you. That is a waste of time, but the truth is I have enough units (58) units from college and many of it science base which allowed me in without taking any prereqs.

In terms of transferring units. Although you can get an AA degree at many community colleges for Ultrasound, those units being transfered to 4 year institutions are very limited. Far more limited than Radiologic Technology (As there are Bachelors available, as well as programs at schools such as Loma Linda that will allow you to transfer in for careers in radiation therapy, CT scan, etc). So even if your college offers it, the only real benefit in my opinion is taking it for the cost. 36k In Houston is rather horrible of a cost. But I'm signed on the dotted line because I don't want to wait on a waiting list for 3-4 years.

Maria Barragan in Oakland, California

88 months ago

Hi there I was recently at Sandord Brown in Dallas. Dill you end-up going to this school? Please let me know I thought when I was there everything seem in order? Please let me know how it's going. good luck with it all

Star in Baytown, Texas said: Hesitant? Yes and much more. It's just that I am 24 with a family and Time and Money wasted are not a good thing...lol...I am willing to take the 18 mth program and pay 35K if it will benefit me and my family's future. Thank you all for your responses!!!

Mark- The Sonographer program at the Sanford Brown in Houston is accredited by the CAAHEP, but not the one in Florida. I am sorry you are having to go through this.

I have scheduled a mtg for next month I just wanted to check here before since I am not sure how honest the school can be. But atlease I have my list of questions before I get in there :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shelly in Thibodaux, Louisiana

87 months ago

KENDALL in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: I AM LOOKING FOR A ULTRASOUND SCHOOL IN HOUMA, LA ARE THERE ANY HERE OR NEIGHBORING CITIES? PLEASE RESPOND.

Unitech Academy in houma louisiana. I am currently enrolled. Classes for the new students for ultrasound starts very soon. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JESICA in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

[to:julie from pearland]
I am so glad i read ur story i had just gotten off the phone from some ultrasound school i was really intrested in by 59 besides sanford brown which was my 1 choice and they had told me the same thing about having to have college credit so i had to take pharmacy, medical ass., or coding and billing i kinda suspected it a lil odd like why would i need that when i want ultrasound but dint pay much attention to it till NOW!!! i just graduated high school and was intrested in ultrasound tech. and wanted to finish fast cuz the only school i know that has it is hcc and u need ur assoiciates in science i dint wana do all that but am thinking ill just do a reg. college insted of a trade school ...all of u guys storys really helped me open my eyes thanx and am sorry to all u guys that got rip off

JESICA in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

[to:julie from pearland]
I am so glad i read ur story i had just gotten off the phone from some ultrasound school i was really intrested in by 59 besides sanford brown which was my 1 choice and they had told me the same thing about having to have college credit so i had to take pharmacy, medical ass., or coding and billing i kinda suspected it a lil odd like why would i need that when i want ultrasound but dint pay much attention to it till NOW!!! i just graduated high school and was intrested in ultrasound tech. and wanted to finish fast cuz the only school i know that has it is hcc and u need ur assoiciates in science i dint wana do all that but am thinking ill just do a reg. college insted of a trade school ...all of u guys storys really helped me open my eyes thanx and am sorry to all u guys that got rip off

KMS in Houma, Louisiana

87 months ago

Unitech is not on the accredited list on the caahep website. Is it not accredited? Also what is starting pay and is how helpful is Unitech in finding you a job? Are you enjoying the program? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJAX in Strongsville, Ohio

87 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the Diagnostic Medical Imaging Program in Ohio. The program has been very tough. Half of the class has dropped out or failed out. From the research I have done. They had a fairly poor reputation a few years back. However, after receiving their CAAHEP accredidation it has made the students as marketable as other 2 year programs in the area.

huma saeed in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

somebody told me about sugarland immaging is very good school for sonography if anybody tell me about that shcool's reputation I will appreciate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adrienne in Mexico, Indiana

87 months ago

You know I hear all these horrible stories about Sanford brown in Houston, but my take is different. I graduated from there and got a job right away, they are accredited so I am registered. I know it costs alot of money but dang you have to spend it to make it.... and you dont have to take all those stupid pre-req classes. I personally loved the school/teachers. They taught me everything I needed and more.... The clinicals were great (I was at St. Joseph downtown) and the people there were wonderful. No I didnt get a job there (they dont hire students) but I did find a wonderful job as LEAD sonographer in another state.....

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.