FAILED MY CCI ECHO EXAM PLEASE HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2329)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

sonny deol in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

Hi i failed my cci echo exam my score was 601 i have the practice exam cd from gulfcoast ultrasound i was doing good on that but when i took the cci exam how they ask u questions was totally different i was lost i need all the help i can get to what materials i should get to study for this exam thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (140) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

58 months ago

Seems like CCI (although thought of as easier by some...) focuses on clinical medicine, therapy, patient management, medications...etc and some of that is not covered by Gulfcoast who prepares students for the ARDMS exams. I'm taking the Adult Echo ARDMS test in Nov and have only studied from the older GS review guide with narration by Corky. I'm feeling pretty good about it but the other day I took the 25 question sample test on CCI's site and failed. So, I wish I could suggest a study guide but I don't know of a CCI specific one. At least having already taken it you have a good idea of what to expect next time.Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Easton, Maryland

58 months ago

sonny deol in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi i failed my cci echo exam my score was 601 i have the practice exam cd from gulfcoast ultrasound i was doing good on that but when i took the cci exam how they ask u questions was totally different i was lost i need all the help i can get to what materials i should get to study for this exam thanks

I am switching to ARDMS as I have taken the CCI test 5 times and have failed the echo, yep and each and everytime it has been different. This last time the other modatility section was on PET scans, CAT scans, Different pressures in the LA when the blood pressure in the right side of heart be...duh, I brought my physics section up to passing of 77% where it was failed before, now I failed the "other modalitites" section which was 85% before. So to be so darn frustrated, I spent my time on the physicis section and didn't even thing about the other modiaites having to do with intracardiac pressures of the heart. I even spoke to the President of CCI and well he is an RN and he is a Cathlab tech...he told me that I should no those pressures, ok well when in the heck do I need that!!! I have been in noninvasive cardiology for 27 years and that was the first time. The other modalities sections before were like Nuclear scan, MRI of the heart..I did ok. But asking me to pick out on a PETscan where the desending aorta was at. So for those who say CCI is easier it is wrong, so now I will have to go and start all over again , not really...but you know what I mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

mtdt in Jackson, Tennessee

56 months ago

Has anyone purchased the CCI non-invasive Echo reg. self assessment exam ? I am trying to gather study material for the RCS exam and not sure what to study. I hear the self assessment exams come without answers and that's not a problem but I am wondering if any of these questions appear on the actual exam ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

SALMA K in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

i am applying for Ault echo exam from CCI next month
Can anyone give me advice what material is best to study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (131) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

giovanni rucher in New York, New York

56 months ago

Noninvasive/Echocardiography Registry Review Book - This study guide offers a comprehensive outline of what to expect on the Nonivasive/Echo Exam.
www.acp-online.org/

try this one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I just took the echo part and failed also, got a 600 and needed 650 to pass. the test was ridiculous,so many questions that made no sense, alot about xray and nuclear..

so i am ordering some other books and planning to take it again next month.... so pissed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I just have a question, you ave taken the test a few times, is there every any similarity on the exam meaning with the questions, from test to test ?

thanks,

also you can email me if it better rosalie.degrezia@gmail.com
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Easton, Maryland

56 months ago

giovanni rucher in New York, New York said: I just have a question, you ave taken the test a few times, is there every any similarity on the exam meaning with the questions, from test to test ?

thanks,

thanks

No there isn't really, one time I had TEE questions, TEE anatomy, another time it was more physics, The non modalites were always my high pass rates, then this last time they gave me PETscans, CT scan, which I totally didn't have any idea. There was another type of modality, but I don't remember which one. I have always had the Nuclear modality..and I was ok with that.

Good luck,

Barbara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lynette in Spokane, Washington

55 months ago

Hello all,
I passed CCI easily on the first try. My program was extremely vigorous and I felt well-prepared. My director writes some of the CCI questions, but did not teach the test to us, he taught us to think about what we were seeing and how to process the information. I can't stress enough about attending an accredited school! As for studying, I highly recommend Terry Reynolds Echo Pocket Guide. At the end of each section there are bullet points, review those bullet points! And DON'T bother buying the questions from CCI, you won't see questions like those on the exam. And DO know hemodynamics, extremely important. Other books that are helpful, but are more for reference are Feigenbaum and Otto. I never used J Oh's books, but I hear those are good, as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Hi Salma,
I'm not interested in selling my Reynolds book, but you can get it from amazon.

I went to Spokane Community College. Our graduates are really sought after because the program is pretty difficult. We'd have several students wash out (fail) each quarter and be unable to continue. I think all of us have jobs, or are close to having jobs at this point. A requirement for us to graduate was to take the CCI exam in our last quarter of clinicals, so I was registered right before I graduated. In the 30 years the program has been in existence, only 3 people have ever failed the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lawrence daniels in Indianapolis, Indiana

55 months ago

sonny deol in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi i failed my cci echo exam my score was 601 i have the practice exam cd from gulfcoast ultrasound i was doing good on that but when i took the cci exam how they ask u questions was totally different i was lost i need all the help i can get to what materials i should get to study for this exam thanks

hello to all of my fello sonographers/techs. i am a cardiac sonographer or echo tech if u will @ the v.a. hospital in indianapolis. in november i passed cci's cardiovascular science with a score of 730 using eldeman's ultrasound physics book & todd's cardiovascular review book vo1.1 4th edition. next week i take cci's adult echo. for this portion of the test i am using todd's review book edleman's adult echo book, terry reynolds, "the echo 500", Q&A notecard set and the echocardiography board review book by ramdas g. pai and padmini varadarajan. i know this is alot of material but hey, better safe than sorry. i will keep everyone posted after i have taken the exam because us sonographers have to stick together. also, if anyone has any advise about cci's adult exam please do not hesitate to email me @ lawardan@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lawrence daniels in Indianapolis, Indiana

55 months ago

just about anything from terry reynolds you can get your hands on, i recommend...especially pocket reference guide & the echo 500 Q&A note cards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Is there anybody selling ECHO 500 Study Card Set by Terry Reynold?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lawrence daniels in Indiana

54 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said: Is there anybody selling ECHO 500 Study Card Set by Terry Reynold?

yes....google pegasus ultrasound website, go to adult echo products and you can get it from there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

thanks

Are they useful for Adult echo CCI exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lawrence daniels in Indiana

54 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said: thanks

Are they useful for Adult echo CCI exam?

yup.thats what i am using them for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Well! Congrats

54 months ago

Robyn, congrats on the RCS (non-invasive) I assume. All of us having to take this are all sweating on what to study. The range of questions seem wide and somewhat different from the RDCS version. Can I ask you what questions stood out to you as well as what other modalities (cath, nuc etc.) were on your exam. And above all else, why take the RCS if you have the RDCS registry ? In any case, for taking & passing both, you are my hero ! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Buy the "Echocardiography Pocketcard Set", a laminated set of 2 cards, about 7 bucks from Amazon. I keep one in my desk and refer to it often.To help you memorize the values, think about what the numbers mean, how they are arrived at and try writing them BIG on a poster board.

Stephanie

54 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said: Aliya

i have work book from 2007 echo and Physics
i can sell it to you if you are interested

I am looking for the echo workbook. Do you still have it?

54 months ago

yes I have Physics work book from 2009 and Echo work book from 2007
that is same as 2009 work book
you can email me at aifos1979@hotmail.com

54 months ago

I failed again....got a 622...I was so sure i passed this time, i knew most of the test. I feel that they didnt grade it right. Is there anything to do , or do i just have to take the echo part again. Also does anyone know is there a limit to how many times we can take it wthin the 3 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

You can call CCI Department. They have a Website where you can find all information and they can help you the best.
www.cci-online.org/

As far as i know you can take this exam as many time as you want, but you have to wait 45 days to retake it.
In order to have Echo cardiography Certified, you have to take basic science exam also, if you are not Radiologist,ot RN or MD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

i reviewed that a little, but the main prob with this test is how they word the questions and answers, its like they want you to fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

nickymonike in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

Stephanie said: I am looking for the echo workbook. Do you still have it?

what site can i buy the workbook?

nickymonike in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

SALMA K in Houston, Texas said: yes I have Physics work book from 2009 and Echo work book from 2007
that is same as 2009 work book
you can email me at aifos1979@hotmail.com

what site did u get your workbooks from?

aifos1979@hotmail.com in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

i am not sellig any book

salma in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

you can visit their website
www.esp-inc.com/Products.aspx#Adult-Echocardiography
and call them for the book ok

psychobilly999 in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

giovanni rucher in New York, New York said: I just have a question, you ave taken the test a few times, is there every any similarity on the exam meaning with the questions, from test to test ?

thanks,

thanks

Yes there are similarities! I was amazed how many questions came directly from Wes Todds CCI Science Review Book! In fact the questions were word for word. It took me a few times to pass, but I studied General concepts deeply and remembered what Antiaarrythmic meds my Pts. takes along with Beta Blocker and Calcium Blockers. You need to know your Pt. process and Quality assurance as well. Know your Cardiac Veins and arteries and remember your Pressures and normal values! Seriously though Wes Todds book is like taking the test at home. The CCI exam takes about 65% of the questions from this study guide!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

psychobilly999 in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

Also if you know an electrophysiologist or cardiologist...pick their brain...their knowledge will help you pass..especialy an elctrophysiologists brain!

54 months ago

Thanks for the info on Todds book. Did you use this to pass the cardiovascular science part or the non-invasive echo. I have not taken either one yet and not sure which part you are referring to with the above info.

54 months ago

mtdt in Jackson, Tennessee said: Thanks for the info on Todds book. Did you use this to pass the cardiovascular science part or the non-invasive echo. I have not taken either one yet and not sure which part you are referring to with the above info.

you didn't ask me, but I know the answer to your question. Todds book is for the cardiovascular science exam. I do have a Todd CD that I would be willing to sell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Thank you for the answer Lynette. I'm pretty sure my RVT will get me out of the cardiovascular science exam but I do need study info for the echo portion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eric61 in Atlanta, Georgia

54 months ago

Annover in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Seems like CCI (although thought of as easier by some...) focuses on clinical medicine, therapy, patient management, medications...etc and some of that is not covered by Gulfcoast who prepares students for the ARDMS exams. I'm taking the Adult Echo ARDMS test in Nov and have only studied from the older GS review guide with narration by Corky. I'm feeling pretty good about it but the other day I took the 25 question sample test on CCI's site and failed. So, I wish I could suggest a study guide but I don't know of a CCI specific one. At least having already taken it you have a good idea of what to expect next time.Good Luck!

look up a book i used by J wesley todd, called , cardiovascular prin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

psychobilly999@gmail.com in Brooklyn, New York

54 months ago

Yes Todds book is for the science exam but it also is a great resource for the noninvasive echo registry as well.

marisa in Linden, New Jersey

54 months ago

giovanni rucher in New York, New York said: i reviewed that a little, but the main prob with this test is how they word the questions and answers, its like they want you to fail.

Hi Giovanni I totally agree with you you study so much of everything as I did and you sit down to take the exam and its like you know nothing. The way they word stuff and the questions they ask. I have taken the cci echo part and some of the stuff they ask shouldnt be for techs. They do it so we fail and they get the money.

54 months ago

I know , its getting epensive also taking this test .. The echo part really needs to be re written by echo techs. There was this one image on the test that they wanted you to diagnose. But the patient had two of the dx that were in the answers.. Stuff like that drives me nuts on this exam. but i will be tryig every 45 days till i pass...i want to also order these cds that help you dx diseases maybe that will help also

sheena in Parsippany, New Jersey

53 months ago

I am a vascular tech, i took the cci vascular and cardiovascular science exams and passed with scores of 760ish on vascular and 809 on cardiovascular science. The main book i used was wes todds cardiovascular science review book and its definately all i needed. i have the eddlemans cardiovascular science book, which surprisingly didnt help much at all, his books were great for vascular though. The ocean ultrasound review cards were helpful for studying on the run. I want to get my RCS next, i am going to shadow the echo techs at work but i am looking for a book that teaches all. do any of you reccomend a specific book that i should purchase that explains all aspects of echo? not so much a review book, but an actual learning book. please email me at spallay@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rosalie in New York, New York

53 months ago

Renee Didier in Alexandria, Louisiana said: I did the practice exam online for 15 days. That is the longest session that you can choose. I hope that it helps you! :)

Thanks so much...I m going for try 3 lets hope third times a charm so i can finally be registered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Renee Didier in Alexandria, Louisiana

53 months ago

Good luck Rosalie! I'll say some prayers for you; I hope that this time you take it you pass with flying colors! Just think positive! :)

Renee Didier in Alexandria, Louisiana

53 months ago

I know you can do it!

Pam in Portland, Oregon

53 months ago

And yes!!! Good luck Rosalie!

Marck in Hialeah, Florida

53 months ago

If anyone is intrested Im selling....

DAVIES Publishing

-2009 Ultrasound Physics Review
-2009 Adult Echocardiography Review

Excellent for ARDMS. Not for CCI.

Contact me @ markberges@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Megan,RCS in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Lynette can you please give me your e-mail address you said lynette@hotmail.com but it said that the e-mail doesnt exist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

my email is lynetteLK at hotmail dot com

53 months ago

Megan,RCS in Chicago, Illinois said: Lynette can you please give me your e-mail address you said lynette@hotmail.com but it said that the e-mail doesnt exist.

Just got your email, so look for my reply. Thanks and sorry I messed up the email the first time!

53 months ago

Thank everyone...will let you all know when i take it...hopefully PASS this time

53 months ago

Wish you the best!!! Please let us know how it goes

cakecoco in Homosassa, Florida

53 months ago

taking the cci in my, excempt from the science part.Need to study for thac echo and physic

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.