Ultrasound Tech Programs in San Jose

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 106)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

BayArea408 in San Francisco, California

79 months ago

PDIZZLE in South San Francisco, California said: Has anyone ever heard of the school Institute for Medical Education in San Jose? I am looking to get some information at this fairly new school and want to start the Ultrasound Tech program, but would like some feedback from either students or those who have heard of this school...Please respond.

I've tried to call around about this school myself, but no one has heard of them. I'm wondering if I'd be able to find work if I took their course. The guy on the phone told me the school has been here in San Jose for a few years now, but that this particular program is new. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the school in general.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BayArea408 in San Francisco, California

79 months ago

ok, I just found some feedback on this school. I think it's this school anyway. I googled it. The link is: local.yahoo.com/details?id=30657317
A bunch of people are rating this school really low, and almost everyone can not find work. I hope this helps you, I know it helps me. I think I'll stick with junior college...takes a little longer, but at least it's legit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PDIZZLE in South San Francisco, California

79 months ago

Yeah...thanks..I read that too!!! I know that they did not get a lot of ratings, but I'm wondering what program they were taking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Silicon Valley in Cupertino, California

79 months ago

Looks like most the comments are from the LVN field that rate the school on the low side. As we know this is a fairly new school. The staff probably needs time to organized in order to get on track as in any other new business. I am enrolled in their Ultrasound Tech Program for the first week. I can't say how well the program is but they are trying. They needs constructive criticism to help them improve for the long run. If you have a college degree of any major, you can sit in for the ARDSM exam immediately after graduation.Check out the prequisite 3A on ARDSM web site. It's the fastest way to go into this field after graduation with clinical experience to get your license. Instead of putting on a long waitlist or fulfilling the unrealistic requirements in some community colleges, which means taking another several years of waiting for a 18 month program, you end up losing time and power to earn. IME may not be the best school in this area but if you put effort to do your part in learning and prepare for the license. You will get it. And if you get the State license, you will get a job since there is a real demand in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Looks like most the comments are from the LVN field that rate the school on the low side. As we know this is a fairly new school. The staff probably needs time to organized in order to get on track as in any other new business. I am enrolled in their Ultrasound Tech Program for the first week. I can't say how well the program is but they are trying. They needs constructive criticism to help them improve for the long run. If you have a college degree of any major, you can sit in for the ARDSM exam immediately after graduation.Check out the prequisite 3A on ARDSM web site. It's the fastest way to go into this field after graduation with clinical experience to get your license. Instead of putting on a long waitlist or fulfilling the unrealistic requirements in some community colleges, which means taking another several years of waiting for a 18 month program, you end up losing time and power to earn. IME may not be the best school in this area but if you put effort to do your part in learning and prepare for the license. You will get it. And if you get the State license, you will get a job since there is a real demand in this field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrs desmit in San Jose, California

79 months ago

Let me know how your fist week went. I am supposed to start in May after the prereq's in the ultrasound program @ IME. I have been hearing a lot things bout the school as well but Ive looked up on the ARDSM and it seems legit. I dont know if they have their accreditation yet. I am supposed to hear back from the director on Monday. The last time I checked, they were in line to get it, but not sure. We'll find out on Monday.

79 months ago

Class went super fast since it's a intense course. We have already done with half of the book. The first few days was tough because I didn't get used to the speed and stress out even though this is a review class for me since I took that two years ago in a community college. The problem is community college offers this as a year course (three quarters)and lot of material covered is not necessary to this field, but it's good to know if you have more time. For this class, if you have no background in terminology, it's best to preview the chapters before class to get the most out of it. Otherwise, you'll probably get lost. How much we're learning depends on how much time we're willing to put in! It would be nice if the class could focus more on Songraphy:Structure & Function instead of a broad overview on A & P. If you have any concerns, instructor told us that there will be someone specialized in this field coming to answer our questions next week! Be prepared!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aliey Hiebert, Willow Glen in Alameda, California

79 months ago

PDIZZLE in South San Francisco, California said: Has anyone ever heard of the school Institute for Medical Education in San Jose? I am looking to get some information at this fairly new school and want to start the Ultrasound Tech program, but would like some feedback from either students or those who have heard of this school...Please respond.

I as well am looking into the program for ultrasound. So far I can tell you that the school itself has been around for about 4 years. However, this is their first year teaching the sonography programs and therefore they have not had a graduating class. Their first class started Fall 2008 & then again in Spring this year. The program is @ least 20 months so you won't be able to find out anything more till then. Good luck!

79 months ago

I think the first class started last Nov 2007 and probably won't be graduated after next June when speaking of this 18-20 months program. You can find out more later!

Brian in San Jose, California

79 months ago

Is this school accredited with Allied?

baysono in Santa Clara, California

79 months ago

As an experiece sonographer in the bay area for 15 years I would be very carefull spending money on a NON accredited program, most hospital and clinics with good reputations will not even concider your application unless you have graduated from an accredited program and have the clinical hours to take your ardms boards. Also remember it's not about just getting through school and making money(although that helps!) it's about knowledge and treating patients, perhaps it could be your mother,father, sister etc that you are responsible(scanning)for, if you miss something because you did not have the proper training they could die of cancer/some other diesese or end up very sick before they got proper medical care,not to mention you could be held legally liable(if you miss a defect while scanning a baby(fetus),you could be named in the law suit, not to mention how bad you would feel). There is a tremendous amount of responsiblity and respect for those who work in our feild, it has been earned through our hard work, so I say if you are willing and able, spend your money and your time on a quality program with a good track record, you will find that the job optioins will be much more bountiful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks for your valuable sharing! Don't you agree we have many qualifing students and needs here but have insufficient program around here to accommodate the needs.Another example is Nursing. I agree what you say but I have to say that a school program has not been accredited doesn't mean it's a bad school/program. IME's ultrasound program is rather new. They are still on their process of getting accredited by the end of this year. Whether accredited or not, it means your credit hours may not be recognized if you want to proceed on a higher education. If you got all the education needed, work hard and passed the ARDSM exams. Knowledge and experiences will come from your hard work.

Speaking the Truth in Aptos, California

79 months ago

BayArea408 in San Francisco, California said: I've tried to call around about this school myself, but no one has heard of them. I'm wondering if I'd be able to find work if I took their course. The guy on the phone told me the school has been here in San Jose for a few years now, but that this particular program is new. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the school in general.

Don't waste your valuable time or money at IME. This school is seen as a complete joke in the medical community because their focus is on maximizing profits, not providing quality education. There is absolutely no integrity at IME. Walking into IME is like walking into a used car dealership. The sales team is aggressive and the rates are negotiable and to top it off, IME isn't even recognized as a legitimate institution, so they can't offer grants and they're not accredited by major accreditations; such as ARRT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I signed up for the ultrasound program last Jan for the April morning enrollment. I have received no pressure from the directors whatsoever. The admission directors are very helpful and able to answer frankly to my questions and concerns. They indeed trying to help. Unless there's something wrong about you or your learning attitude. Nobody push you to enroll unless you want to. You pay month by month with no obligations. Also, one of the important attitude in the healthcare field is to respect and be positive. Unless you have a background of Radiology Tech. with also another 18 months of training in Sonography to be certified as ARRT. ARDSM is also important certification as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Another Student from MRI in San Jose, California

79 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Aptos, California said: Don't waste your valuable time or money at IME. This school is seen as a complete joke in the medical community because their focus is on maximizing profits, not providing quality education. There is absolutely no integrity at IME. Walking into IME is like walking into a used car dealership. The sales team is aggressive and the rates are negotiable and to top it off, IME isn't even recognized as a legitimate institution, so they can't offer grants and they're not accredited by major accreditations; such as ARRT.

Another MRI Student: This is written by an ex-employee of IME (Career Counselor) who was fired by the management for disciplinary reasons. She is really mad at the school for bieng unemployed now.

Speaking the Truth in Aptos, California

79 months ago

Another Student from MRI in San Jose, California said: Another MRI Student: This is written by an ex-employee of IME (Career Counselor) who was fired by the management for disciplinary reasons. She is really mad at the school for bieng unemployed now.

Wrong again Bunny! First of all, I was never an employee at IME and secondly, I'm not a female. Instead of making false accusations, you should try posting something that's actually worth reading. I'm on this review forum to warn potential students about the dangers of IME. To anyone out there reading this 'Another MRI Student' is Bunny, the greedy owner of IME. Last week I demoralized him on the Yahoo Local Review board for trying to pose as a student and post positive reviews about IME to counter balance all of the overwhelmingly negative reviews about the slapped together joke of a school called IME. Yahoo noticed that his comments were blatant attempts to advertise, so Yahoo did the right thing and removed his comments.

79 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Aptos, California said: Wrong again Bunny! First of all, I was never an employee at IME and secondly, I'm not a female. Instead of making false accusations, you should try posting something that's actually worth reading. I'm on this review forum to warn potential students about the dangers of IME. To anyone out there reading this 'Another MRI Student' is Bunny, the greedy owner of IME. Last week I demoralized him on the Yahoo Local Review board for trying to pose as a student and post positive reviews about IME to counter balance all of the overwhelmingly negative reviews about the slapped together joke of a school called IME. Yahoo noticed that his comments were blatant attempts to advertise, so Yahoo did the right thing and removed his comments.

Dear "Speaking the truth or may we call you ex-career counselor": Again, its a shame that you have to live on state money. Get a job. Oh, sorry, you were fired from IME for good behavior.

Speaking the Truth in Los Gatos, California

79 months ago

Another Student from MRI in San Jose, California said: Dear "Speaking the truth or may we call you ex-career counselor": Again, its a shame that you have to live on state money. Get a job. Oh, sorry, you were fired from IME for good behavior.

Yet another meaningless and fictional post by Another Student from MRI. Please stay on topic and dispute the facts. FACT: IME is not recognized by ARRT! FACT: After graduating IME's MRI program, you will NOT be qualified or prepared to take the ARRT exam! FACT: All MRI Tech jobs REQUIRE ARRT Certification. If you can't legitimately dispute these facts, then Go Away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I am not sure why someone brings in the MRI program to the Ultrasound Tech forum here. It is entirely different programs and the certification is different. And whoever involved in the dispute should have their conflict resolutions done privately or some other ways. Perhaps, instead of attacking each others, both sides would be better off to do some self-evaluations for future improvement.

Speaking the Truth in Coarsegold, California

79 months ago

Silicon Valley in Cupertino, California said: I am not sure why someone brings in the MRI program to the Ultrasound Tech forum here. It is entirely different programs and the certification is different. And whoever involved in the dispute should have their conflict resolutions done privately or some other ways. Perhaps, instead of attacking each others, both sides would be better off to do some self-evaluations for future improvement.

BayArea408 asked, "I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the school in general", so as a public service, I decieded to share some general information about IME. My main problem with IME is that it is a fraud. The owner (Bunny) doesn't have any integrity. I don't want IME to steal another dollar from anyone else. Bottom line, IME doesn't provide quality education, they only SELL certifacations! They don't even have any student success stories on their own website.

79 months ago

Thanks for your input. But may be your personal bitter experience that lead you putting so much prejudice on the entire school. I personally think the staff, at least in my program is very reasonable and value our concerns. Since I only attend this Ultrasound program for a short time and I can't speak for all. Our classroom learning attitude is very positive. Our program directors are doing their best to improve and so far we have no complaint. As I mentioned before, some of their programs are fairly new, to everyone starting something new is always tough. As far as I know, students do placed in ultrasound clinical rotations and students in other programs do find jobs after graduation. It's all depends on your personalities and learning attitude. Whether or not this institution is creditable or not, time will tell. Enough is enough!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

This sounds like another cheerleader for IME. You must be an employee there. I know you’re not Bunny because your grammar, spelling, and ability for form a thought is far superior to his; however, I do have a few qualms about your post. You say, [QUOTE]As far as I know, students do placed in ultrasound clinical rotations and students in other programs do find jobs after graduation. How do you know students in ultrasound and in other programs find jobs? Furthermore, what's the percentage of graduates that land successful jobs? Also, why are you now speaking for other programs when earlier in the same post you wrote [QUOTE]I only attend this Ultrasound program for a short time and I can't speak for all. Something is very fishy about you. One last thing, what do you mean [QUOTE] Whether or not this institution is creditable or not, time will tell. Of course IME is not a credible institution. That's why they DON'T offer grants, they're NOT accredited by ARRT, most of the teachers are NOT credentialed teachers, the LVN program has a pathetic NCLEX Pass Rate of only 33%, and it's ran by a greedy little man and fake doctors. If you are indeed a student and not an employee of IME, I would strongly suggest that you drop the Ultra Sound program NOW and get back whatever money you can and enroll in a real school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

confused

78 months ago

hey everyone thanx for letting a almost ime student know that this is not an acredited program. i do have an appt tomorrow with one of there counselors. i think i'll go there anyway and see how they are but if they are not accredited im definetly not going to pay 25gs to go there

sonoin the southbay in Santa Clara, California

78 months ago

WOW! If that is how much you are prepared to spend you should look into the program at washinton state U or san diego state! Foothill might take you a bit of time to get into the program but it will only run you 2-3K, maybe!! Unless they are giving you an accredited degree I would say take your money and run the other way!
Foothills program is accredited and you earn a science degree from the program as well. The classes you take are transferable and this will make it easier for you in the future if you wish to get a higher degree in medical/business management.
Good luck to you & stay smart with your money!

78 months ago

confused said: hey everyone thanx for letting a almost ime student know that this is not an acredited program. i do have an appt tomorrow with one of there counselors. i think i'll go there anyway and see how they are but if they are not accredited im definetly not going to pay 25gs to go there

Good luck at your appointment! If you're planning on enrolling in the MRI Program, don't let them fool you about the ARMRIT cert. The ARMRIT cert is useless; you will NOT find a job as a MRI Tech. Bottom line, you NEED the ARRT cert. IME is not a legitimate institution, so they don't offer this certification. Also, IME is like a used car dealership. The rates they display are only ballpark figures and are negotiable. There is absolutely no rate integrity at IME. If you make the mistake of enrolling in IME, don't make the mistake of paying the full price. If they're charging $23,000 for a program, tell them you will only pay $10,000. The owner (Bunny) is sleazy, believe me, he'll take whatever you offer. Also, IME doesn't offer grants, they only offer loans. You WILL have to pay this loan back. Don't let the slimy owner fool you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Los Gatos, California said: Good luck at your appointment! If you're planning on enrolling in the MRI Program, don't let them fool you about the ARMRIT cert. The ARMRIT cert is useless; you will NOT find a job as a MRI Tech. Bottom line, you NEED the ARRT cert. IME is not a legitimate institution, so they don't offer this certification. Also, IME is like a used car dealership. The rates they display are only ballpark figures and are negotiable. There is absolutely no rate integrity at IME. If you make the mistake of enrolling in IME, don't make the mistake of paying the full price. If they're charging $23,000 for a program, tell them you will only pay $10,000. The owner (Bunny) is sleazy, believe me, he'll take whatever you offer. Also, IME doesn't offer grants, they only offer loans. You WILL have to pay this loan back. Don't let the slimy owner fool you!

Speaking the Truth is an ex-career counselor (WB/ABD) who ws fired from IME for substance abuse. She lasted only for 4 weeks and they caught her one afternoon (when she failed to return after lunch) and she was fired the next day. We all can understand her denial / anger and I am sure she will aceept her mistake one day (hopefully).

Current Ultrasound Student in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Another Student from MRI in San Jose, California said: Speaking the Truth is an ex-career counselor (WB/ABD) who ws fired from IME for substance abuse. She lasted only for 4 weeks and they caught her one afternoon (when she failed to return after lunch) and she was fired the next day. We all can understand her denial / anger and I am sure she will aceept her mistake one day (hopefully).

I know this lady. Her real name is Amy Diddario and she used to work there in Jan/Feb. She was a very sweet lady but had no clue that she had this problem.

78 months ago

Another Student from MRI in San Jose, California said: Speaking the Truth is an ex-career counselor (WB/ABD) who ws fired from IME for substance abuse. She lasted only for 4 weeks and they caught her one afternoon (when she failed to return after lunch) and she was fired the next day. We all can understand her denial / anger and I am sure she will aceept her mistake one day (hopefully).

This post is a testament to how truly sleazy the owner (Bunny) of IME is. First of all he poses as a student from IME and goes on forums like this to trick potential students into enrolling into his junky school. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, IME has no integrity. Secondly, instead of addressing the facts about his pathetic little school that I present, he tries to deflect attention and personally attack my credibility. The problem with his childish defense tactic is that he is completely wrong about who I am. I was NEVER employed at IME and I'm not even a female. I've posted this fact many times, but since Bunny is poor at reading and writing English, his feeble mind isn't capable of comprehending that fact. Just go Yahoo Local and read the reviews about IME. You will see that Bunny always follows my comments and I always demoralize him. It's easy to tell that he fears me! That's why he's always trying to get the last word, them problem with him is that he doesn’t address any of the points I make, he simply resorts to name calling. That's the true sign of a COWARD. Once the LVN director finally leaves your miserable school, I will have the last laugh. Seeing you run your wife business into the ground and your fake directors running around like chickens with their heads cut off, I'll be sitting back laughing my ass off at you!

Current Ultrasound Student in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Los Gatos, California said: This post is a testament to how truly sleazy the owner (Bunny) of IME is. First of all he poses as a student from IME and goes on forums like this to trick potential students into enrolling into his junky school. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, IME has no integrity. Secondly, instead of addressing the facts about his pathetic little school that I present, he tries to deflect attention and personally attack my credibility. The problem with his childish defense tactic is that he is completely wrong about who I am. I was NEVER employed at IME and I'm not even a female. I've posted this fact many times, but since Bunny is poor at reading and writing English, his feeble mind isn't capable of comprehending that fact. Just go Yahoo Local and read the reviews about IME. You will see that Bunny always follows my comments and I always demoralize him. It's easy to tell that he fears me! That's why he's always trying to get the last word, them problem with him is that he doesn’t address any of the points I make, he simply resorts to name calling. That's the true sign of a COWARD. Once the LVN director finally leaves your miserable school, I will have the last laugh. Seeing you run your wife business into the ground and your fake directors running around like chickens with their heads cut off, I'll be sitting back laughing my ass off at you!

We all know you are angry and in denial. One day, we all hope that you accept your problem and get some professional help. Is it true that you did not come back (after getting high) to work after lunch. So, the rumor is true. So, you are Amy Diddario, the famous ex-counselor of IME. Infact, you did counsel me when I came to IME for signing up with thier Ultrasound Program. I should tell you that you did a good job. Amy, my sincere advice to you is that get some help before its too late. We know that you will be laughing your ass (one big fat white ass) off.

Another student from IME in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Speaking the Truth: Let us compare yourself with IME.

1. IME is successfull and doing good. Meantime you lost your job and living on state.
2. IME is has Ultrasound, Bridge Program, Dental Hygienist, Medical Lab Tech, Radiology, MRI kind of heavy programs. You are going to laugh your big fat ass off when they loose thier LVN director. I can not see why not.
3. Amy Didario,You are a minority hating typical WB who can not see a women owned, minoriy run school succeeding. While IME has GRANTS / FINAICIAL AID for thier LVN,Ultrasound, Phlebotomy and MA programs. Rest of the programs have to wait for some more time to complete 2 years of stipulated period to be qualified for the finaicial aid. You have state assistance.
4. You are totally pissed off with the Bunny the owner because you are fired from the job for bieng high.

So, I think you are the clear winner here. You have really demorilized the whole IME team and they running like chickens.

ARDMS Sonographer in Opdyke, Illinois

78 months ago

First as a former Program Director/Assistant Professor of an accredited state program. Our program cost approx. $3000. Not to pass judment on the previous post but, there is usually a reason for charging that much money for a sonography program. Becoming accredited is a difficult process and will be based on outcomes. Which means that if your students don't pass their registries then they won't obtain or retain their accreditation. My advice for any person interested in becoming a Sonographer, do your homework, talk to Sonographers in your local area. Call the programs ask to speak with their clinical instructors (those that assist students in the hospital settings), they are the best for finding out what is taught in the classroom. I think $23,000 is totally unreasonable for an Sonography program.

Eric Harrison in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

I am wondering if the ARMRIT certification is worth while, I am very interested in a career in imagery, ultrasound etc.
Does anyone have any knowledge or advice they would be willing to pass on?

Thanks,
Eric

past ime student in San Jose, California

76 months ago

to speaking the truth:

i was hesitant on the school and am actually pulling out because of what i am reading and because of further research i have done about it being a non accredited school and the difficulties associated with that...by the way you were VERY NICE...most friendly person there..they said u were sick when i asked about not seeing u for a while..

S. Chet in Mountain View, California

76 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Los Gatos, California said: ...If you're planning on enrolling in the MRI Program, don't let them fool you about the ARMRIT cert. The ARMRIT cert is useless; you will NOT find a job as a MRI Tech. Bottom line, you NEED the ARRT cert...

This school does not represent the growing number of reputable ARMRIT-approved MRI schools all over the country (visit the Schools page at www.armrit.org).

MOST IMPORTANT NOTE: Times have changed as of July 2008! Just to let you know ARMRIT certification is now accepted (along with ARRT and CAMRT/Canadian MRI certification) by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in its MRI Accreditation Program - download and print the ACR document (and read page 4) at www.acr.org/accreditation/mri/mri_reqs.aspx . Kindly spread this news update to human resources managers in MRI departments to help the MRI job market...

This means Hospital MRI departments and ANY other ACR accredited MRI facilities can now hire ARMRIT techs also without any penalty. In fact, ARMRIT certification requires that MRI technologists must have at least 1000 hours of clinical experience - other traditional MRI programs have been providing only about 600 hours clinical experience.

ACR (ARRT being under its umbrella) is the "big Daddy" of setting standards for what is acceptable or not in diagnostic imaging, and is at the frontline of making sure insurance companies adequately reimburse diagnostic imaging procedures in imaging facilities nationwide...

S. Chet in Mountain View, California

76 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Los Gatos, California said: ...If you're planning on enrolling in the MRI Program, don't let them fool you about the ARMRIT cert. The ARMRIT cert is useless; you will NOT find a job as a MRI Tech. Bottom line, you NEED the ARRT cert...

This school does not represent the growing number of reputable ARMRIT-approved MRI schools all over the country (visit the Schools page at www.armrit.org).

IMPORTANT NOTE: Times have changed as of July 2008! Just to let you know ARMRIT certification is now accepted (along with ARRT and CAMRT/Canadian MRI certification) by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in its MRI Accreditation Program - download and print the ACR document (and read page 4) at www.acr.org/accreditation/mri/mri_reqs.aspx . Kindly spread this news update to human resources managers in MRI departments to help the MRI job market...

This means Hospital MRI departments and ANY other ACR accredited MRI facilities can now hire ARMRIT techs also without any penalty. In fact, ARMRIT certification requires that MRI technologists must have at least 1000 hours of clinical experience - other traditional MRI programs have been providing only about 600 hours clinical experience.

ACR (ARRT being under its umbrella) is the "big Daddy" of setting standards for what is acceptable or not in diagnostic imaging, and is at the frontline of making sure insurance companies adequately reimburse diagnostic imaging procedures in imaging facilities nationwide...

kj in Stockton, California

75 months ago

This program is accredited to sit for ARDMS according to the ARDMS contact center

mike in San Francisco, California

75 months ago

I did go through the ARMRIT website and i found this schools name there.

Eric Harrison in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Most of the replies seem to be split wether ARMRIT is acceptable. Any advice on southern ca. schools?

Thanks,
Eric

Jalpa in Lawrenceville, Georgia

74 months ago

Hi all,

Has anyone heard about the Medical College of Georgia Diagnostic Medical Sonography(Bachelor's Degree) program???
The school also requires 60 hours of semester credits as a pre-requisite from another school.So has anybody done those credits???What school is better to go to to get the credits?????Any experiences of the Gwinnett Technical College or Georgia Peimeter College????

Thank you so much for all your help everybody out there. Really appreciate it.

Pat in Windsor, California

74 months ago

Although I'm not familiar with schools from Georgia, I can tell you that this is taught at a community college in my area (Bay Area, CA....not sure why yelp keeps saying I'm from "Windsor"), and that they require you to have a minimum of an AS degree before you can even apply to get into the program. Even with an AS degree, the program is highly impacted, meaning very much in demand, far more applicants than seats for the class, so you better have a 4.0 or be willing to wait several years on a waiting list to get in. I imagine it's probably similar in your area. If you go to a local community college you can still end up with a degree just incase you don't get into the ultrasound school. IMHO a community college is a good place to start (although I do realize that not everyone has the time to invest in that).

There is a vocational school in my area that teaches ultrasound, but after inquiring about it here I found out that you'd end up with a useless certificate, as I would need to go to a community college anyway to complete the required education for required certification to get work. There were major issues posted here about the school, and I decided it was best just to attend a community college so that my education and certification would be taken seriously and would be legitament. It's a longer road that my children and I will have to struggle with, but worth it in the end. Also, being a single parent it is important to me that my children see me taking college seriously and obtaining a college degree. I don't know your situation, just somethings for people to consider when choosing their school. I hope this helps you and others.

sandra in San Francisco, California

73 months ago

yes i do know about this school please run as fast as you can it am going i went to this school they are the worst of the worst. i mean i can go on and on about the school but look at the review it is all true. we all don't know what to do now coz no one will take us in. anyways please go and talk to ppl who are alredy in the program they are all confused and stress about their future holds

sandra in San Francisco, California

73 months ago

Brian in San Jose, California said: Is this school accredited with Allied?

no the program is not accredited the ppl who are telling the good stuff are the directors themselves coz no one will say good stuff about this school except them. this school is a joke and the teachers as well they are not even accredited.

silvia in San Francisco, California

73 months ago

Speaking the Truth in Coarsegold, California said: Alright, great work! By looking at this post I can tell that one of the fake doctors the help run IME is back from India and is now pinch hitting for Bunny. Welcome back! How was it at the homeland? Is the rigors of USA standards of education so strenuous that you had to go back to the homeland to continue your third world education?

I'm glad you are back because I was getting bored toying with Bunny's feeble mind. He was really starting to lose it. You are far more inteligent that Bunny, why do you accept being known as Bunny's Mini Me?

Although I do appreciate your attempt to combat the issues I post, I would suggest on your next post, you focus less time being deceptive and more time being truthful. How does that sound?

3. Thank you for posting the job link. The problem with link you posted is that the location of the job is in Los Angeles. This is an extremely dishonest move by you. Nice Try! Here's a homework assignment for you, try finding a MRI Tech job in the Bay Area. Think you're capable of that?

1. The NCLEX pass rate is 33%. Instead of being snide in your remarks, post some evidence and let the numbers speak for themselves.

2. Wrong! Try 1 out of 3 directors at IME can practice medicine. That's pathetic! There's only one legit director at your junky school, and she will be leaving your fake institution soon.

3. "all the teachers are state licensed at IME", Really? How about, try again! I know a certain teacher at IME just graduated from Heald just months ago and now teaches at IME. Rethink your statement and on you next post, try to be honest!

ppl it is true the school is a joke and the teachers..........hoooooooo the worst. please please listen to out advice and stay away from IME THE school is waiting for a law suite.

Lygialee

72 months ago

baysono in Santa Clara, California said: As an experiece sonographer in the bay area for 15 years I would be very carefull spending money on a NON accredited program, most hospital and clinics with good reputations will not even concider your application unless you have graduated from an accredited program and have the clinical hours to take your ardms boards. Also remember it's not about just getting through school and making money(although that helps!) it's about knowledge and treating patients, perhaps it could be your mother,father, sister etc that you are responsible(scanning)for, if you miss something because you did not have the proper training they could die of cancer/some other diesese or end up very sick before they got proper medical care,not to mention you could be held legally liable(if you miss a defect while scanning a baby(fetus),you could be named in the law suit, not to mention how bad you would feel). There is a tremendous amount of responsiblity and respect for those who work in our feild, it has been earned through our hard work, so I say if you are willing and able, spend your money and your time on a quality program with a good track record, you will find that the job optioins will be much more bountiful.

This was a refreshing review as I am authentically seeking to become an Ultra Sound Technician. Being over 50 yrs of age, I just want objectivity and facts. Thank you so much. I would like to followup with the is person if they should decide to contact me.

SMJ in Sebastopol, California

72 months ago

Lygialee----Where did you get your schooling?

RSS in Fremont, California

72 months ago

What about "Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts" in San Moteo

www.medacademy.org/programs/diagnostic-medical-sonography-program?engine=adwords!9693&keyword=%28Ultrasound+Tech+School%29&match_type=&gclid=CO-Hst_X45YCFRlRagodaiF_Ow

lbb in Alamo, California

71 months ago

You need to do some further research on the ARDMS website. You can no longer sit for your exam right out of school unless you have a BS in Ultrasound, or graduate from an accredited program, which is Kaiser, Foothill, and Western Career College. These programs require college prep courses first, only because you are not just pointing a transducer on a body. You need to be familiar with your anatomy, and know what you are doing. Would you want a nurse working on you that had a six week course in Anatomy? I would not, Ultrasound techs are the same! these schools are dangerous that pass these students right off the street, with out the proper schooling, and training. The education is there for a purpose, not to just make you rich! The ARDMS is making it harder and harder for students from these schools to do exactly this, and it's nice to know insurance companies for health care facilities are doing the same! Good luck in trying to find a job unless you are from an accredited school!!! it will be very hard, and further more if you still want to be lazy, make sure your school has an externship site for you, I get calls from students on a daily basis looking for their own site. Very poor representation on the schools part for the crazy amount of money you decide to give them! Sorry this is not a good review, but it's the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

the unfortunate one in San Jose, California

71 months ago

i went to ime in 2005. it is the WORST school to go to! i repeat the worst school to go to. it took over 1 year to get an externship that only lasted 4 days! and the only way i got it was by calling every single day for the first 4 1/2 months. then i called 10 months later and told them if i dont get some sort of money back or externship i will sue, they called me back 3 days later with an externship site! the theory part of my class i had over 4 different teachers and none of them knew where to start teaching because none of them taught before. but i do got to say the practical part was very good and i believe that teacher is still there. i have recently ran into a student at a temp agency who went to ime for the medical assistant course and they are having the same problem. so i seriously do not recommend this school. i actually dont recommend any vocational schools because i went to western career college for there medical assistant course and it was 14,870.00 the teacher was great and my externship was good but they dont really help you find a job afterwards. so anyone who reads this do your self a favor and go to a community college. it might take a little long but its worth it in cost and in employment,i say that because an employer see that you did not take the short cut out of it. and if you still want to go to a vocational route and you live in san jose, the only thing i could recommend is for medical assistants go to metro ed/ ccoc there program is $500.00. or CET there program is $4,000.00....but other then that. STAY AWAY FROM IME THERE ARE NOT ACCREDITED BUT THE WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE.

one of the US IME student in Oakland, California

71 months ago

I need to say something about the previous negative comments made to the school. I graduated from the UC (University of California) and got my bachelor. After graduation, I still keep myself up and take classes around here from JC (junior colleges) at DeAnza & Foothill. The US classes at IME are not any easier when comparing to UC or JC. These are larger colleges and the Intro classes are very general because they have to accommodate a broad spectrum of students for different fields. In vocational schools, training is very focus to specialized students for certain fields. In IME,our US(Ultrasound) program has no shortcut. Everyone has to go through all the required hours and labs with exams on each module in order to graduate as in any others community colleges. In fact our exams are exceptionally hard; our instructor has high expectation. Tests are based on questions in ADRMS standard. We study hard and try to get many resources outside classroom to be sure we understand the materials in-depth. A&P is not the only class for anatomy; we have a subsequent class in Cross-Sectional Anatomy to learn from different perspectives. On each module, we again emphasize on the anatomy with pathologies to be familiar with each part from inside out to upside down. Without thorough knowledge on anatomy, it's impossible to do good scanning in lab. We are trained to be a sonographer, not a photographer.

50% of our classmates here have a four-year college degree, and even one of us has a PhD. Our qualifications are not bad at all comparing to community college. But our students have been discriminated from many hospitals around here because of the new US program. Most of them only accept students in Foothill/Kaiser/Western Career College. Foothill is the only accredited community college around San Jose. But their waitlist is long. Their students are young. Some are at their 20’s or early 30’s and have time to wait. Why do community colleges have long waitlist? Because tuition is

one of the US IME student in Oakland, California

71 months ago

2(Continued from above)
Because tuition is very cheap. Why pay more to a private school if you can get the same education for less. If students are lucky, they may even get a job placement right after graduation without certification. There must be some reasons for us to choose private school here. For me, I have already met most of the prerequisites at Foothill. My children are gone for college and I don’t have many youthful years to waste. My responsibility has been fulfilled and I am seeking a new interest career for a change. That’s why I don’t mind to pay. The US training in IME is not a shortcut but to some of us is considered a wise investment. I have to say there are so many hospitals and clinics around who claim themselves as a caring and helping professions, but they are unwilling to extend their arms to help trained students/ to help a new program to establish…may be there’re some competition reasons. We understand accreditation for a program is a long process; it needs combined efforts from school and their students. We know many US technicians work in this field for years without formal education/training. But we are the students with proper training in the Ultrasound program while being discriminated by many US professional facilities around here. I have to say THAT’S NOT FAIR!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.