UNIX Administrator Position - Marlborough, MA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

opsdollar in Marlborough, Massachusetts

62 months ago

I have a UNIX administrator position available in Marlborough, MA. The position is for a large consulting firm that has offices worldwide. This division of the company has two data centers, one in Marlborough, MA, and the other in Phoenix, AZ. This position is based in Marlborough, MA, and will help support both data centers, but primarily will be supporting systems in Marlborough, MA.

The company is Capgemini Consulting. The job is currently posted on Monster as well as a few other places. I'm the guy who wrote the job description. If you would like to bypass the recruiters directly, feel free to send me an e-mail and attach your resume and/or ask any questions specific to the job.

We are primarily looking for someone to support hands-on hardware, OS, and some applications. Preferred skills are UNIX administration in Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, and AIX. Solaris is the most important. You will also preferably have skills in storage administration as well, with either EMC or HP products. This doesn't mean that you just know how to modify the sd.conf file and scan for new LUNs once the storage team allocates them. It means that you know how to login to Navisphere and carve LUNs, have an understanding of RAID, the best way to layout disks for space, performance, and redundancy, i.e. you are also the storage team.

If this sounds like you, please send me your resume. Relocation is available for the right candidate if you live in the United States or Canada.

About me: My title is SAP Basis Manager. My background started off as UNIX and Oracle support for SAP systems. Since then, I have moved up in the world. There are great growth opportunities where I work, as I can personally attest to because of my own experience. I have been with this division since August, 2000, and started off at the lowest level as an Associate Consultant. The position will report directly to me, so your manager will be technical. :)

Micah
micah.quarles@capgemini.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pada0008 in Jacksonville, Florida

61 months ago

Has the position been filled?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.