Tips for usar unit administrator interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming usar unit administrator interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Beloit, Wisconsin

70 months ago

I took the online course for unit administrator and I have been asked what I know about being and the duties for unit administrator. What do you say when you don't have experience but want that job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Beloit, Wisconsin

70 months ago

I took the online course for unit administrators a month ago to help so I could got a job as a unit administrator. I have had two interviews and I need to be what to say when the question is asked, "What do you know about the job as a unit administrator?". What do I need to know for the interview to be prepared to answer questions about a job I have little information on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jayfresh in Macomb, Michigan

58 months ago

Ensure all USAR soldier are paid
Ensure all Bonus's are paid
Ensure you send up the IDT attendance report to higher head quarters
The MMPA will tell you who is to be paid, and who has a bonus due
1 copy of orders assigning new soldier should be placed in a book called Gains & Loss (one divider; 1st side gains/second side Loss)

Add all new soldiers to their assigned position, paragraph and line number on the "UMR"
The "UMR" is your bible.

#4Ensure you take every class for computer training on how to perform your job, tell the commander if he/she wants a good OER, they will ensure you attend.

#5Create and EXCEL Spread sheet called NCOER rating Scheme. Place all NCO's on it in alphabete order and number them 1 thru tec. Name, RANK, SECT, RATER, SeniorRATER, Reviewer. This copy is to be posted in a high traffic area for all to see, copy to !SG for approval, copy to Higher once approved by 1SG, then a copy for all sections NCOICs.

#6 Your copy of the NCOER will have all above columns, plus: DOR, ASGN Date, TYPE RPT, FROM date and THRU date, final column will have STATUS(CDP/Current, Due, Pass Due) and percentage

I will write later, my e-mail is j.jernigan@hotmail.com. Later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jayfresh in Macomb, Michigan

58 months ago

Emma in Beloit, Wisconsin said: I took the online course for unit administrator and I have been asked what I know about being and the duties for unit administrator. What do you say when you don't have experience but want that job?

A unit Admin (Office Mgr). U R the Cdr's eyes and ears. Learn all the actions that come in the office, the frequency of them and when they are due, and prioritize them. The cdr/1SG is evaluated on how well he takes care of the soldiers.

You take care of soldiers by the following:

Pay soldiers
IDT Attendance
Manage the UMR, MMPA, USR(Unit Status Report), NCOERs, OERs, Promotions,
Gains & Loss, Pay Reenlistment Bonus, and meets suspense form higher. Higher, should have a suspense log of when and what is due and how to send it to them. Your job is to roll up the data, not due it. Help, but do not hender.

You must be organize, and know where everything is, and its status, and the CDr/1SG will gain confidence and let you do your job.

Manage Time, Resources, Personnel and Material. Do not let folks walk in your office unannounced.

Kust tell the Cdr you will keep him/her out of trouble. My e-mail is j.jernigan@hotmail.com, I have to go, later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.