LVN Utilization Review

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Emilie Groves in Round Rock, Texas

82 months ago

why can't an experienced LVN of 25+ yrs of nursing break into the Utilization Review arena?........I have LVN friends who entered such some years back and were allowed to learn on the job.....I've completed pre requisits for RN twice....lots of college hours now outdated....incomplete due to life circumstances.......active full time w/good standing........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ermartin423@aol.com

33 months ago

Emilie Groves in Round Rock, Texas said: why can't an experienced LVN of 25+ yrs of nursing break into the Utilization Review arena?........I have LVN friends who entered such some years back and were allowed to learn on the job.....I've completed pre requisits for RN twice....lots of college hours now outdated....incomplete due to life circumstances.......active full time w/good standing........

ermartin423@aol.com

ermartin423@aol.com

33 months ago

ermartin423@aol.com said: ermartin423@aol.com

Iam a LPN LOOKING for A UR position
UR is a continued learning experience

I am a LPN WITH ONE YEAR AND A HALF OF Cerdits toward my AA degree in Nursing.I was fortunate to become a Ur nurse in the mid 70's,just when dog watching became popular and madatory for title 18 and 19,since that time utilization review has become nation wide and certainly still necessary.

I haved trained greater than thirty two Rns on a entry level position for many differnt settings such as hospitals,insurance company,medicad and medicare clients,milyarty settings,level of care,
precertifications for surgical procedures and diagnostic procedures,Employers were good about inservice classes and continued education on standard criteria,coding lenght of stay guidelines.
In 2004 I notice it was getting difficult for a LPN to obtain employment as a UR nurse .based on my experience I was hired and paid the same salary as a RN, I find some companies feel there should be a different in salary I disagree because the work is the same.What do you tink?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr.karmali in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

Emilie Groves in Round Rock, Texas said: why can't an experienced LVN of 25+ yrs of nursing break into the Utilization Review arena?........I have LVN friends who entered such some years back and were allowed to learn on the job.....I've completed pre requisits for RN twice....lots of college hours now outdated....incomplete due to life circumstances.......active full time w/good standing........

Hello,

Are you still looking? I am the medical director of an IRO in CA recently expanding. Dr.karmali@starmds.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Ontario, California

24 months ago

ermartin423@aol.com said: Iam a LPN LOOKING for A UR position
UR is a continued learning experience

I am a LPN WITH ONE YEAR AND A HALF OF Cerdits toward my AA degree in Nursing.I was fortunate to become a Ur nurse in the mid 70's,just when dog watching became popular and madatory for title 18 and 19,since that time utilization review has become nation wide and certainly still necessary.

I haved trained greater than thirty two Rns on a entry level position for many differnt settings such as hospitals, insurance company,medicad and medicare clients,milyarty settings,level of care,
precertifications for surgical procedures and diagnostic procedures,Employers were good about inservice classes and continued education on standard criteria,coding lenght of stay guidelines.
In 2004 I notice it was getting difficult for a LPN to obtain employment as a UR nurse .based on my experience I was hired and paid the same salary as a RN, I find some companies feel there should be a different in salary I disagree because the work is the same.What do you tink?

We are looking for UR nurses to do our Utilization Review for our company. If you are still looking for a job in UR we would like to interview you. Please contact me, Debbie and email cdoutreach@gmail.com

Newly Licensed LVN in Perris, California

11 months ago

Hi All,

I've read your post and I too am looking to break into the Utilization Review/Case Management arena. I am a new LVN with no experience but I do have previous experience working as a Utilization Review Assistant and I've also worked as a Utilization Review Coordinator. Does anyone know of any company that will be willing to train a newly licensed LVN or what course I can take to become certified. I've looked up some certification programs and they all require your to be an RN.

Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.