What are typical warehouse supervisor salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

JP in Sewell, New Jersey

70 months ago

Depends on the location. I have made somewhere between the low to mid 50's. It can be very demanding and depending on the company, lots of overtime. My current position is for TJX Corporation (Marshalls Distribution Center) where we work a 4 day Monday through Thursday schedule. Overtime is voluntary and we get paid for it. There are plenty of opportunities out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Sewell, New Jersey

70 months ago

Skills?

Know how to lead others and multi-task.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Palmerton, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

JP, do you know what the interview or hiring process is. I have an interview coming up this week and was wondering what the process is. How many interviews? Type of interviews, length of interviews. Any tips? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Sewell, New Jersey

66 months ago

What type of position is it? Logistics? Distribution Center? a straight warehouse?

Friends of mine have had 2 interviews. I had one over the phone then one 5 hr (yes 5 hour) interview. You will probably meet with a member of HR first, then an immediate manager and on your way up to the big boss. They may ask you intergity based questions to test your character, if its a union enviroment they may ask your experience in that department, they may ask for examples concerning your past and leading others and multi-tasking abilities.

Any tips? Sure. Be confident, look them in the eyes, be honest, show that you are interested by asking questions. When all is said and done, get all the names of the individuals you interviewed with and send them each a small thank you card. That can go a long away.

Good luck, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Palmerton, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Thanks JP. It is for a Distribution Center Supervisor. I had an initial phone interview and then an on site interview with HR. Yesterday, I had a panel interview with The General Mgr, Asst Manager and Mgr of Human Resources yesterday. It was a little over an hour long. I feel it went well but you never can tell since there were three of them.

I got everyone's business card and I am sendiing my thank you notes today. I am really hoping I got the position really seems like a great company and good people working there. They have two spots available for two different shifts.

How long did it take you to hear back and will I hear either way? Any clues as to know they really like you? HR handed me his business card and said please call with any questions, I thought that was a good sign.

Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Hi JP,

Just wanted to let you know they called me yesterday letting me know they are still very interested in me and the are checking my references and working on my background check and to be patient. I am assuming this is a very good sign and hopefully I will be made an offer soon. Do you know what the process for this is or do they do this to everyone? I have had 3 interviews last one being a panel.

Questions regarding the Backround check will they not select you if you have any negative remarks on your credit or are they just looking to make sure your not a criminal?

Thanks. Any info greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Collingswood, New Jersey

65 months ago

3 interviews, well that is a very good sign. That is pretty much it, they want to make sure you are not a convicted bank robber. What company did you interview with? I work at TJX which to give you the cliff notes version is Marshalls Distribution Center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mastula in Pennsylvania

65 months ago

It is for a TJ Maxx distribution center. So if they are doing the backround check and they have checked my references does that mean they are probably planning on offering me the jobs once the check is completed. I would think they would not do that unless they were planning on doing so.

Do you work at the Phila center?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mastula in Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Thanks JP for all the info. I got the offer for today. Really looking forward to working for TJX.

JP Manzi in Sewell, New Jersey

64 months ago

Congrats man, sorry for the delay, yes I work at the Marshalls DC in Philly. I will be up at your DC within the next month for a visit.

Joseph Calabrese in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

About a week and a half ago I received a call from Human Resources at the Marshall's Distribution Center in Philadelphia, and after an initial phone screen I was given the opportunity to interview the following week. Last Tuesday (one week ago) I had a face to face interview with a Human Resources Generalist and the Manager of Merchandise Control which lasted for about an hour and a half. I got a good feeling about the interview (specifically the length of the interview and getting a good vibe from both interviewers). I placed a follow up call with the Human Resources Generalist this past Friday. Today is currently one week from the interview, and I am patiently waiting, as this position seems very appealing!

Do you think I am on the right track for getting offered a position?

JP Manzi in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I assuming you spoke with Tondelaya and Mark. Well, they brought you in for an interview...which is a great start! If I were you, I would absolutely give her a call thanking them for the opportunity, stating how interested you are in the position and simply ask if any decisions have been made concerning the position. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

JP,

Yes, you are correct. I gave Tondelaya a call back a couple of days after the interview expressing how appealing the position was as well as thanking her for the opportunity. I plan on calling tomorrow for ask if any decisioin had been made. The stress is killing me!

Thanks,

Joe

JP Manzi in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I feel your pain and remember the stress.

Good luck and let me know.

59 months ago

JP, Thanks! Will do.

Joe

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.