North Slope Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

mnuttman in Cottonwood, Idaho

56 months ago

Does anyone know how to get a job up on the North Slope?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TankWelder1 in Newport, North Carolina

54 months ago

mnuttman in Cottonwood, Idaho said: Does anyone know how to get a job up on the North Slope?

company called CH2MHIll ch2m.com , they have some pipewelding jobs listed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rigtruck2000 in Fairfield, California

52 months ago

mnuttman in Cottonwood, Idaho said: Does anyone know how to get a job up on the North Slope?

the work is so slim right now , if you dont live in alaska , you can hang it up. all i can tell you is that the people need to think before they vote next time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Biloxi, Mississippi

44 months ago

it's snowing on the north slope started today. remember if you get a job up here ERA the plane service cost 75 for baggage fee up to deadhorse. also 200 bucks from where ever you get on plane to anchorage for baggage fees and they don't take cash credit or debit card only. little things the companies don't tell you about. you have to pay for your food in anchorage too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJ Porter in Bryan, Texas

41 months ago

JJ in Biloxi, Mississippi said: it's snowing on the north slope started today. remember if you get a job up here ERA the plane service cost 75 for baggage fee up to deadhorse. also 200 bucks from where ever you get on plane to anchorage for baggage fees and they don't take cash credit or debit card only. little things the companies don't tell you about. you have to pay for your food in anchorage too.

JJ - also do your travel days fall within your 6 weeks on, or do you travel back home on your 2 weeks off time? R u working 6 or 7 days a week and 10 or 12 hour days. if 6 day work weeks do you get paid for 7? You've posted some really great info. What company did you hire in with?

Chris in Texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dino in Elmendorf Afb, Alaska

24 months ago

If you ant suckin someones a** to get on up there you can forget it. I have been tryin to get up there for a year now an i have put my app in with CH2MHILL an still at got no answer. I have 15yrs of pipe welding so it ant what you know anymore its who you blow.

Dale in Bloomington, Illinois

23 months ago

I am so tired of seeing people come up north to take alaskan jobs. If you want to work in Alaska then you live in alaska and put your money back in to the economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

evilwelder in Irwin, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

slim pickings now, me-30 +years welding exp., boilermaker common-arc welder, former DOD Gov. welder, only worked 27 weeks last year, those morons in Canada make you jump thru hoops to try to get a job, thank god im done with this welding s**t in 2 years

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.