Women Welders, New to Welding Field

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

The Apprentice in Fargo, North Dakota

35 months ago

I would like to comment on my experiences here in Fargo North Dakota... I am an older than average, 44, Female who recently decided to change from light duty occupations to the welding field. I attended school at Lynn's Welding and Training here in Fargo. After graduating from welding school I applied, weld tested, and was hired on by Dave Lynn's, owner of the school, who owned his own welding shop outside the school. My experience has been the most positive and I really couldn't ask for a better situation. My employer knows the ins and outs of this business and he also knows that it takes a little longer for a "green" graduate but he has been very helpful and patient. I am the only female at out shop and I have always been treated with respect and never "babied", cause I am a female. I tell you honestly, they have had more faith in my skills than I have and I have suprised myself repeatedly. I wish some of you could have as positive experience as I have... I feel really grateful for how everything has worked out thus far. If you need to catch a break.... try Fargo, North Dakota.... we are supplying the oil fields out in western North Dakota. Where I understand welders are making $60.00 plus an hour. Ladies keep your head up.... things will get better.... get your experience and be all you can be and show them what your really made of! Good luck to all of you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.