Wildlife Biology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Yvonne in Kalispell, Montana

73 months ago

I love the outdoors and I have exceptional people skills. I have always dreamed of becoming a wildlife biologist. Now I am 30 years old and pursuing this dream. Are there any positions of employment that are good to take up while obtaining my degree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WildlifeGuy in Mt. Washington, Kentucky

72 months ago

Yvonne,

My advice would be to get any kind of wildlife-related experience that you can while pursuing your degree. This may mean having to voluteer, rather than getting paid. Contact your State Fish and Wildlife Department and ask to talk to the person in charge of the wildlife division. Tell them that you are pursuing your wildlife degree and that you would like to do some volunteer work, if possible. Other opportunities may exist if you have a wildlife refuge nearby, or a wildlife management area, national forest, etc. Any wildlife experience that you can add to your resume will make you a better candidate for future job openings. Hope that helped. If you have any more specific questions, let me know. I've been through this whole situation myself, and it can be tough. My best advice is to just hang in there, be relentless in you pursuit of your dream job, and eventually you will get to where you want to be.

Brian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.