Stariing a mobile imaging company.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Jacqueline in Pompano Beach, Florida

56 months ago

After working as an X-Ray Tech for over 10 years now I just don't wish to work for anyone anymore. I would love to start my own mobile company does anybody has any advice on how to go about accomplishing this desire of mine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Mims, Florida

53 months ago

cathoderay in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I work for a large portable company in south Florida... best word of advice watch out.. There several large operators in South Florida (4) that are fierce regarding competition... They just want to gobble it all up for themselves.. many that have territorys of coverage over several counties, and have been around for 10 to 20 years already. You are breaking into an already established market down here, it won't be easy, but maybe not impossible either. By the way you won't be able to stay afloat unless you go digital portable scanners in the car, developed on the spot. No one does wet reads any more.. the homes won't accept that standard.

A company from your area is advertising up in my area for techs. PMD. If you have any info on this company it would be great.

Ex Mobile X-ray Tech in Charlottesville, Virginia

49 months ago

It's dog eat dog. Excellent sales, recruitment and real in-service with the homes is essential. Be prepared to offer 24/7/365 service. You have to offer the "you call, we come" service to keep the home, no matter where it is or someone else will. It's nothing to work a 12-14 hour shift, drive 400 + miles, finally get home and get called back out wee hours. This can easily be a 5 hour turnaround if the territory is huge. Then you have to make a choice whether to try and go home and shower/change or go the next 12-14 hours grungy. It's not for everybody!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rtjeremy in Sacramento, California

47 months ago

cathoderay in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I work for a large portable company in south Florida... best word of advice watch out.. There several large operators in South Florida (4) that are fierce regarding competition... They just want to gobble it all up for themselves.. many that have territorys of coverage over several counties, and have been around for 10 to 20 years already. You are breaking into an already established market down here, it won't be easy, but maybe not impossible either. By the way you won't be able to stay afloat unless you go digital portable scanners in the car, developed on the spot. No one does wet reads any more.. the homes won't accept that standard.

Hello cathoderay. My name is Jeremy from Sacramento, CA. I work @ UC Davis Med Center and for several other hospitals with a registry. I have invented a tool that can assit those in the portable x-ray field. It is called the XROD and it can be viewed @ thexrod.com. I have not began marketing yet as it is still in its infancy. basically this is the first email I have sent out to begin networking across the states. Please check out the website and feel free to contact me. Sorry to come across as a solicitation-I really would love to begin some networking. I would be glad to discount prices for those willing to give it a try in the beginning. Thanks alot, Jeremy

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.