CHICAGO PORTABLE X-RAY WARNING

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

MadXrayTech in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

If you work for Chicago portable x-ray/Cal devon urgent care(Right of California and Devon). You get $20/patient up to 5 patients in one home( A lot less that RT R in Chicago. If you do more than 5 (rarely happens)then everyone after the fifth patient is double. Night shift makes the same and they want you to have flexiable hours. You start at 9am and it end well after your shift is done. They try to get you to work 14 hrs a day. If you dont comply you get fired and you will not get unemployment because they will say you quit.

Vehicle are always breaking, computer, and x-ray equipment(everything). You do not get GPS and they may not give you a gas c ard. You might end up having to come back to the office everyday for gas. Almost forgot, there are not enough vehicles for each tech I had to share with 3 different techs.

Just thought I would warn anyone considering working for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

x-rated in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

I say the red flags before I even began working there. The owner was very disrespectful and wanted me to ride around three days without pay just to "see" if I would be a perfect fit. Then when I asked if that was a payedi training he got upset and told me I asked too many questions and he didn't want me to work for him. Oh, let's not forget he told me because I lived on the south side of Chicago I would have to return the van to work after every shift. That wouldn't have been a problem except for the fact that he explained other employees can keep their vehicles. He just assumed because I said south side I live in a bad neighboorhood, or in his words "the ghetto".

I'm so glad I didn't take the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kittycat in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

I think they advertise jobs on Craigslist! Need I say more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

L in Chicago, Illinois

37 months ago

I worked for this company for a while now and it does have some old equipment but we just got 2 new cars and almost all techs use new computers. Everyone who takes the car home has a gas card and those that don't, well they don't really need it since the car is filled up before the shift starts. Also the night shift does get paid more on multiple patients, so do the after shift stats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unsatisfied Family Member of patient in Highland Park, Illinois

34 months ago

Yesterday my father had a portable x ray done from this company. The x ray tech had NO common sense on how to treat a hip replacement / possible re-injury to the hip patient. He rolled the patient on his side without considering the pain he was in. (According to my father "flipped me over like a can of tuna") Patient screamed in pain without a response from the x ray tech. Told my father to lay back down and he said we have to do another x ray. THEN HE DID IT AGAIN! "flipped me over like a can of tuna" while my father screamed in pain. What is the matter with that person. He should NOT be with patients. I WILL BE following up with further disciplanary action against this company and the employee. I already discussed this with the nursing home, requesting that they change the x ray company and I will make sure that they do. I will not stop until that is done! There is no need for this kind of brutality! What kind of people do they hire at this company? Obviously not considerate and gentle people! What are they doing to people that can not communicate the abuse they are doing to the patients?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.