I still don't have a job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Aydriana in Orange Park, Florida

35 months ago

I graduated December 17thof 2010 with a degree in Radiologic Technology...that was a Friday...the following Monday (Dec. 20th, 2010) I passed my ARRT...today (Wed. October 5th) I am STILL UNemployed...WTF???!!! I have literaly applied to EVERY imaging center in Jacksonville, FL and have yet to land a job! I'm not in the position to move to a different state or city by myself (For anything less than $20.00 an hr.) So what is a girl to do??? I wish I could turn back time and go in to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FIELD!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mattiemjk in Naples, Florida

35 months ago

Aydriana in Orange Park, Florida said: I graduated December 17thof 2010 with a degree in Radiologic Technology...that was a Friday...the following Monday (Dec. 20th, 2010) I passed my ARRT...today (Wed. October 5th) I am STILL UNemployed...WTF???!!! I have literaly applied to EVERY imaging center in Jacksonville, FL and have yet to land a job! I'm not in the position to move to a different state or city by myself (For anything less than $20.00 an hr.) So what is a girl to do??? I wish I could turn back time and go in to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FIELD!!!

Aydriana, sorry to hear you are having a tough time finding employment in RT. So many of us (myself included) are having difficulty landing a job in medical imaging. Problem is there are so many applicants for just one RT job right now, employers are being very picky who they hire due to the oversaturation of techs. Florida has so many schools pushing out graduates the market is almost non existent, although its almost the same situation nationwide TOO MANY GRADUATES NOT ENOUGH JOBS.. I know it doesnt pay as much but you may want to look into being a Medical Assistant, they may want to hire someone that can take x rays? I'm looking into this option as well until I find something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.