Mobile X-Ray Salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 240)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

radtech in Sylva, North Carolina

68 months ago

In WNC, the mobile techs are lucky if they start at
$18/hr. And that does not include any benefits.

I used to work with one out of Florida that had a local office in Asheville. But the CEO also was in charge of
having the exams read. He was the only one worth working for, but he got out of the business because it takes so long for it to show a profit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

jgxray2777@yahoo.com in Loma Linda, California

60 months ago

[comment edited by forum moderator]

the mobile companies always screw you with pay even though thay make alot of money. you should make aleast a couple more dollars an hour being on the swing shift. i worked on the swing shift and received a penny more than the day techs,even though the swing shift is much harder due to the increased travel area. the day techs had it much easier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Juston in Ashland, Ohio

58 months ago

Ya I would hate to only make 19 an hour working my ass off. I have an opportunity to go to school and not work my ass off in a factory for 10. I don't expect to get rich from anything but if I work my ass off either way and can double my salary sounds good to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Indianapolis, Indiana

58 months ago

I am a college student and i am planning on going into the x-ray tech program. as much as i hate to admit it i am very concerned about my future financial state. i was just wondering if you all thought that this would be a good program to graduate for or should i get out while i still can?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in New Haven, Connecticut

58 months ago

I disagree. General radiography will continue to be the backbone of diagnostic imaging.

Regulations regarding the reimbursement of $$$ imaging (MR, CT) have gotten more strict resulting in poor payout to hospitals and imaging centers. More folks out of work means there are fewer self-paying patients. Hospitals are having to provide more free care. Hospitals are earning less which means fewer new jobs in hospitals and we're actually losing some current ones through layoff. If I had two open positions, one for a Gen Rad technologist at 50,000 and one for an MRI technologist at 65,000, which position do you think I'd freeze?

You may think that "the money" is in MRI, Ultrasound, Nuc. Med or Oncology, but currently the money isn't really anywhere. Until the economy as a whole begins to recover, no one who hires imagers has money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in New Haven, Connecticut

58 months ago

I've been a working RT, in Gen Rad, for 30 years and I've never been a boss.

It doesn't sound like you want a discussion - a discussion is an exchange of ideas. I'm sorry you're angry with your boss and that your experience with your current employer makes you so sour on your profession.

My experience and keeping an eye on national news and national trends in our profession all tell me about what's happening in health care. That's why I shared it with the group. This is a public forum, isn't it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

tracey in Wheeling, West Virginia

58 months ago

and by the way...people that hire imagers...do have money...maybe not where you are from, but around here they are raking it in and keeping it for themselves...i am not sour on anything....i deal with reality!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Mansfield, Ohio

57 months ago

Josh in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I am a college student and i am planning on going into the x-ray tech program. as much as i hate to admit it i am very concerned about my future financial state. i was just wondering if you all thought that this would be a good program to graduate for or should i get out while i still can?

Josh, Ive been a tech for 17 years. I'm recently unemployed. Go into Physical Therapy or Occ Therapy. We are an aging society and that is where the stability is. General xray is ok to try to get in the door somewhere if you decide to stick with the program. But I do think that the more you have under your belt..CT, MRI,US, Nuc, Specials...the more marketable you will be. The field is very saturated right now, so good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

karen

57 months ago

Heather in New Haven, Connecticut said: I've been a working RT, in Gen Rad, for 30 years and I've never been a boss.

It doesn't sound like you want a discussion - a discussion is an exchange of ideas. I'm sorry you're angry with your boss and that your experience with your current employer makes you so sour on your profession.

My experience and keeping an eye on national news and national trends in our profession all tell me about what's happening in health care. That's why I shared it with the group. This is a public forum, isn't it?

Heather
have you any unusal ideas about how to break into a job? It seems like you have a level head on your shoulders and would have been around long enough to see some strange ways of breaking into the field. It has been suggested I try to volunteer my services (without pay) somewhere, which I am willing to do. But wouldn't there be a libility issue? even if one is licensed? I am a newly graduated/registered tech and am finding it difficult to not get discouraged about there being more techs than jobs. At present, I have pursued a relationship with a small clinic and am trying to get them to put some equipment in,just so I might have a shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Lanny in Iuka, Mississippi

57 months ago

I am a tech. I do mobile x ray in nursing homes or any where else someone needs me. I have a company car and phone. I love my job, have been doing it for over 2 years. I worked in a factory and was very unfulfilled. I put much thought into what I would rather do and decided I wanted to help people. Radiology gave me the chance to still work with my hands, but possibly make a difference in someones life too. I would recommend the medical field to anyone who has a heart for serving others. The pay is usually a little above average, usually that is. I hear that the x ray market is flooded at the moment, some of my friends have had trouble finding jobs. But just like any other job in the medical field, don't do it for just the money. You will burn out. If you chose the med field, do it to serve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jeffy Joseph in Walnut Creek, California

57 months ago

I just got my ARRT license and i have a FL,TX, AND CA state license but i cant find a job anywhere. is anyone hiring???? And does any one know who offer classes for Fluoroscopy license in California
thank you
jeffy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

jp in Worcester, New York

57 months ago

[comment edited by forum moderator]

yeah u should be making more. ive been doing it five yrs.... 26.78 with 2 dollars more an hr for second shift

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

carla in Wilmington, North Carolina

57 months ago

anybody work for Mobilex USA. I have interviewed and they want me to go and shadow someone this week. How much do they pay? I make 23.69 as a PRN tech in an office. Will they pay that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

tracey in Wheeling, West Virginia

57 months ago

They may pay that in North carolina, but they don't pay that in PA...I can't tell you how much I make for Mobilexusa because we are under contract not to disclose our Salary...Good luck...I haven't had a raise in 2 years...and the new raises that are in affect are now only .25 cents a year....Not worth it...Call pay sucks now too...we used to make a ton on call....now they bumped us to time and a half...Call not worth it anymore...Used to be able to make about 40 to 50 an hour on call...not making near that now....trully sucks in pa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in Norfolk, Virginia

57 months ago

carla in Wilmington, North Carolina said: anybody work for Mobilex USA. I have interviewed and they want me to go and shadow someone this week. How much do they pay? I make 23.69 as a PRN tech in an office. Will they pay that?

Please take note of Tracey's previous posts and her polished professionalism.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

You won't make much. I agree with PA...call sucks and you will be doing it all the time. Look elsewhere unless it is your only option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tracey in Wheeling, West Virginia

57 months ago

you made more than i do at mobilexusa and i have worked there for 6 years....maybe its just because i am in pa....i know that the other techs i work with make the same....it totally sux! the call sux worse!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

zookeeper1317 in Valley, Alabama

57 months ago

Josh in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I am a college student and i am planning on going into the x-ray tech program. as much as i hate to admit it i am very concerned about my future financial state. i was just wondering if you all thought that this would be a good program to graduate for or should i get out while i still can?

I don't know how the job situation is up there but down here it sucks. There are more techs graduating then there are jobs. I wish someone would have told me that going into the program unfortunately it is all about money and they are not going to discourage anyone from entering the program. From the magazines I receive the job market in the imaging field is pretty much saturated so just think about it. You guys should really not complain about your pay. My pay was 10.50 an hour. No joke and I also had to do the bone densities, mri's of the wrists, answer phones, call patients, work the patients up, empty trash ect. You name it I had to do it. When I left over a year later I was making 11.50. If I could find a job making 19.00 an hour I would be thrilled. Unfortunately I can't find a job anywhere. I am thinking about taking an online course for MRI or CT this fall hoping it will help me find a job in my field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

DSanchez1 in North Dakota

57 months ago

zookeeper, are you registered with the ARRT? I know some states down south don't require it. That would explain the low pay. I would not waste your time taking online courses for MRI and CT. You need clinical experience for those fields and must pass the ARRT exam. Without the RT(R) or RT(MR) you will continue to make $10/hr. Not trying to be rude, that's just how it is. If you are licensed, try moving to another state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

zookeeper1317 in Valley, Alabama

57 months ago

Hi, Yes I am registered with the ARRT. If I take the online course it is required that I do clinicals. Alabama is one of those states that does not require a person to be registered to do xrays. Any Joe Blow from off the streets can go in and get a job without knowing the first thing about xrays. Scary isn't it? Not to mention not fair to those of us who busted our butts going to school to learn the field. I wish I could move to another state however that is not an option for me. It would be great if I were younger and single but I am almost 54 with two of my youngest daughters still in school and at home so I am stuck here for awhile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Madison, Connecticut

57 months ago

karen said: Heather
have you any unusal ideas about how to break into a job? It seems like you have a level head on your shoulders and would have been around long enough to see some strange ways of breaking into the field. It has been suggested I try to volunteer my services (without pay) somewhere, which I am willing to do. But wouldn't there be a libility issue? even if one is licensed? I am a newly graduated/registered tech and am finding it difficult to not get discouraged about there being more techs than jobs. At present, I have pursued a relationship with a small clinic and am trying to get them to put some equipment in,just so I might have a shot.

Karen, if you volunteer, you would not be a liability because they would not allow you to work as a technologist. (At least in the non-rural areas I've worked in - I cannot answer for the way things are done elsewhere). You could also take a different job in a Radiology Department. I just did some training with a woman who worked for almost a year as a Radiology transporter, waiting for a full-time RT's job to open up. It did, and she since she was already a hospital employee, the job was never posted to the public. And if you can afford to do that, it's a great way to get the job.

What you're doing with the clinic is inspired - if there's no job, create one! Good thinking.

Best of luck to you - Do whatever you have to to surive until the economy improves and healthcare dollars start loosening up.

Heather

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

cubcake524 in Austin, Texas

56 months ago

I just wanted to know if employers look at the fact that you have an Associates over a certificate degree. I'm taking Intro to Anatomy and Physiology and College Algebra (my 2 pre-requisites from Diagnostic Imaging Associate Degree Plan) and reading all this is making me weary. On top of that... there are only 100 spots that open up for being accepted into the program and there are 3,000 student pursuing this degree plan in Austin, Texas...... I dunno... I just feel like I'm going pass this stuff and make a mistake in deciding on being a X-Ray Tech.... I'm 32 years old and felt like I was making the right choice to major in this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

John Staggs in Austin, Texas

56 months ago

I just wanted to know if employers look at the fact that you have an Associates over a certificate degree. I'm taking Intro to Anatomy and Physiology and College Algebra (my 2 pre-requisites from Diagnostic Imaging Associate Degree Plan) and reading all this is making me weary. On top of that... there are only 100 spots that open up for being accepted into the program and there are 3,000 student pursuing this degree plan in Austin, Texas...... I dunno... I just feel like I'm going pass this stuff and make a mistake in deciding on being a X-Ray Tech.... I'm 32 years old and felt like I was making the right choice to major in this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

carla in Wilmington, North Carolina

56 months ago

I have a certificate and have never had a problem getting a job. My experience has gotten me the jobs. They want you to be able to handle difficult patients (trauma,wheelchair bound) I got that training at a hospital based program where we were in the basement for and hour in the a.m and p.m. the rest of the time up in the xray department working. That was in 1983, things are different now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

BBatey RT-R in Shalimar, Florida

56 months ago

There are a lot more nursing jobs available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in Norfolk, Virginia

56 months ago

BBatey RT-R in Shalimar, Florida said: There are a lot more nursing jobs available.

Yeah, and X-ray techs don't always make the best nurses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sonya in Augusta, Georgia

56 months ago

Juston in Ashland, Ohio said: Ya I would hate to only make 19 an hour working my ass off. I have an opportunity to go to school and not work my ass off in a factory for 10. I don't expect to get rich from anything but if I work my ass off either way and can double my salary sounds good to me.

thank goodness for your job there are alot of unemployed folks around here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

John Staggs in Austin, Texas said: I just wanted to know if employers look at the fact that you have an Associates over a certificate degree. I'm taking Intro to Anatomy and Physiology and College Algebra (my 2 pre-requisites from Diagnostic Imaging Associate Degree Plan) and reading all this is making me weary. On top of that... there are only 100 spots that open up for being accepted into the program and there are 3,000 student pursuing this degree plan in Austin, Texas...... I dunno... I just feel like I'm going pass this stuff and make a mistake in deciding on being a X-Ray Tech.... I'm 32 years old and felt like I was making the right choice to major in this?

the x-ray field is saturated what kills me is that these schools and colleges know this and they are still constantly offering these programs year after year and everyone is trying to go into the medical field which means too many applicants and not enough jobs. let us please face reality here, it is not all adding up that just means more unemployed folks around here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

also for the ones out there that is not happy with what you are making especially the ones that are making over twenty dollars an hour just shut it up at least you have a decent paying job. i am an unemployed female surgical technician and it is hard out here. these employers are using this bad economy as an excuse not to give good raises which is very sickening because some folks work really hard for their salary and some of us do not. so if you have a somewhat half decent career be thankful. surgical tech will burn you out quickly too but i wish a many times i had listened to my mother and finished my nursing degree,but i cannot dwell on that. it seems like it is hard to find jobs no matter what you go to school for,because they are laying off everywhere,electricians,etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Tracey in Wheeling, West Virginia said: I wish i made even 19.....i have been at my current mobile xray job for 6 years and am only making 17.25/hr. it sucks so bad...they work our a@#$%$ off and b@#$% that we don't do enough......it is kinda funny cause we're the only ones in the whole company actually working or bringing any money in....Everyone in my company that is not a tech....basically sits on their a@# and collects paychecks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sick of the bull in the WV

thank your lucky stars for a job that pays the bills! the x-ray field is saturated along with everything else so be thankful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

tracey in wheeling wv in Wheeling, West Virginia

56 months ago

sonya in Augusta, Georgia said: thank your lucky stars for a job that pays the bills! the x-ray field is saturated along with everything else so be thankful!

I am thankful to have a job...it however does not pay the bills...I am sure your cost of living is higher where you live...but it is still hard everywhere...I could make the same amount of money on unemployment around here...I was just saying that our company is blaming the economy on their tight wallets...my boss got a brand new mercedes for a christmas bonus, I got nothing! It just kinda stinks when you are not even getting a good job or a thank you...I have kept many homes with our company because of my customer service, they could have gone with a cheaper company, but they stayed with our company because of me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

brandi in Columbus, Mississippi

56 months ago

Lanny in Iuka, Mississippi said: I am a tech. I do mobile x ray in nursing homes or any where else someone needs me. I have a company car and phone. I love my job, have been doing it for over 2 years. I worked in a factory and was very unfulfilled. I put much thought into what I would rather do and decided I wanted to help people. Radiology gave me the chance to still work with my hands, but possibly make a difference in someones life too. I would recommend the medical field to anyone who has a heart for serving others. The pay is usually a little above average, usually that is. I hear that the x ray market is flooded at the moment, some of my friends have had trouble finding jobs. But just like any other job in the medical field, don't do it for just the money. You will burn out. If you chose the med field, do it to serve.

hi. i am fixing to graduate from a rad tech program. i am very interested in mobile radiography. if you dont mind can you email me at bbjohnson042499@gmail.com so i can ask you some questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

giannip in Connecticut

56 months ago

i do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

giannip in Connecticut

56 months ago

carla in Wilmington, North Carolina said: anybody work for Mobilex USA. I have interviewed and they want me to go and shadow someone this week. How much do they pay? I make 23.69 as a PRN tech in an office. Will they pay that?

yeah i do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Memphis, Tennessee

55 months ago

they will pay $25. Ask for it. I worked there two years ago and made that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I doubt you will get that much. I worked there 5 years in Ohio and was a manager and still only made 21.31. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

giannip in Connecticut

55 months ago

all depends what area u work in...... I make over 26

Heather in Mansfield, Ohio said: I doubt you will get that much. I worked there 5 years in Ohio and was a manager and still only made 21.31. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Lukas in West Palm Beach, Florida

55 months ago

Tracey in Wheeling, West Virginia said: I wish i made even 19.....i have been at my current mobile xray job for 6 years and am only making 17.25/hr. it sucks so bad...they work our a@#$%$ off and b@#$% that we don't do enough......it is kinda funny cause we're the only ones in the whole company actually working or bringing any money in....Everyone in my company that is not a tech....basically sits on their a@# and collects paychecks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sick of the bull in the WV

then why dont u quit, I think u need to step up and dont be afraid of looking for another job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vito in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

Portable x-ray tech needed in Wisconsin.
I'm x-ray tech on the weekend in the hospital, however Mon-fr I'm doing portable x-ray.
I'm seeking portable x-ray tech with some business/marketing background that is willing to become my partner in Mobile-x-ray. At some point I want to came back to Chicago, therefore I need to leave Wisconsin.

Position consist from Marketing,sales,x-ray
sales@mobile-cr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Felton, California

55 months ago

Jeffy Joseph in Walnut Creek, California said: I just got my ARRT license and i have a FL,TX, AND CA state license but i cant find a job anywhere. is anyone hiring???? And does any one know who offer classes for Fluoroscopy license in California
thank you
jeffy

check out
www.fluoroscopytestprep.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Xray1 in West Palm Beach, Florida

55 months ago

I just moved to West Palm Beach, FL about a month ago. Can anyone tell me the hourly/base pay for X-ray techs here in this area or Florida in general???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

dvisit61 in Austin, Texas

55 months ago

cubcake524 in Austin, Texas said: I just wanted to know if employers look at the fact that you have an Associates over a certificate degree. I'm taking Intro to Anatomy and Physiology and College Algebra (my 2 pre-requisites from Diagnostic Imaging Associate Degree Plan) and reading all this is making me weary. On top of that... there are only 100 spots that open up for being accepted into the program and there are 3,000 student pursuing this degree plan in Austin, Texas...... I dunno... I just feel like I'm going pass this stuff and make a mistake in deciding on being a X-Ray Tech.... I'm 32 years old and felt like I was making the right choice to major in this?

hey cubcake524 this information is from someone who attended acc and graduated in 2006. before you go any further with trying to pursue an x-ray degree, take a good look at the job market. i have been trying to find a job with other employers for the past six months doing x-rays and there are very few employers hiring if any at all. if you are interested in the medical field, consider nursing vs x-rays, there is a better chance of employment in the nursing field, plus the pay is better for nurses. to be honest go with something other than x-rays. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mammogirl in Gainesville, Florida

54 months ago

xray can be tiring, but so far i haven't had to worry about finding a job. I had a job making 18$ an hour 2 months before my graduation date. I have been doing xray and mammography for 2 years now and i'm making 22$ an hour. If I move on to CT I should get at least another 2$ raise. If you don't mind working hard, it's a good field. also, you must have to like people, you deal with very sick people everyday who are not in the best state of mind, and you have to remember that- it's hard to do sometimes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Josh,
It all depends on if you specialize in something other than diagnostic x-ray. Look online in your area for jobs and see what is out there. I know in Ohio, the market is flooded. It is hard to find much out there right now. I have friends who were laid off and have been looking for 2 years. If you can not relocate...you might be looking a long time. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

bob in Lindenhurst, New York

54 months ago

i make $39/hr and hate very minute of it. f the health field. go to college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

taurus20red in Lithonia, Georgia

54 months ago

you make $39/hr and your complaining? your a very ungrateful person!You should be thanking God that you have a job right now. By the way what do you do in the medical field? I'd love to make that kind of money. If you hate your job that much give it to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ProTech in Rowlett, Texas

54 months ago

There are always jobs available and you make what you agree to. If you are good at what you do the money will follow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Russ in Birmingham, Alabama

53 months ago

I'm a registered rad tech, moved back home to help family member. Was unemployed for six months before finally landing the job I have. County hospital. Pays much more than any surrounding tech jobs. Unfortunately, I'm very unhappy with my coworkers. Being sooooo grateful to have found a job, I am willing to stick it out. Anyone planning to go into this field, think long and hard about it during the current economic status. Six months is way too long to be unemployed when you're a tech with experience and registered. I am currently trained and working in MRI now. Only, other places want 2 yrs experience to hire. Oh well, I'll keep looking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

giannip in Connecticut

53 months ago

im looking to do the same in san diego / LA too.

nick in Bellflower, California said: im currently working fulltime as a rad/ct tech,i want to have a partime doing mobile,I live here in Los Angeles, anyone knows where can i apply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nick in Bellflower, California

53 months ago

giannip in Connecticut said: im looking to do the same in san diego / LA too.[/QUOT
i will keep looking and asking around

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.