starting a career as an xray tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Hilda Dyck in Simcoe, Ontario

64 months ago

i'm thinking of getting into training for an xray tech. can anyone give me some advice about that? is it a good career to get into? how long does it take for training? do i have to go to school or can i do it online? i have a lot of patience but not sur if i wood have enuf to sit in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (453) / No (79) Reply - Report abuse

kayla in Mountain Home, Arkansas

64 months ago

oh! an i've found there ARE online schools for this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

nicole in Las Vegas, Nevada

63 months ago

I was wondering the cheapest way to get into college to be a x-ray tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

nicole in Las Vegas, Nevada

63 months ago

And how to go about getting my GED too. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

some cool guy in Surrey, British Columbia

58 months ago

wow, i was considering becoming a Medical Radiographer but it looks like the field isn't very open for new graduates right now... time to think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JeFFie in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

i AlsO wnTs 2 BE a TeCk?! Duz u NeEdS tA KnOw hOwZ 2 rEEds oR WriTe?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

degree and no job in Lakeland, Florida

57 months ago

I would think twice before going to school for a Radiologic Technologist degree. I graduate next week and there are NO jobs out there. Go to school for nursing and you will have no problem finding a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Hampton, Virginia

56 months ago

Also, it doesn't even take two years to finish Radiologic Technologist in a Associate Degree program, some schools offer it in an 18 month program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Harvey, Louisiana

56 months ago

To all those out there interested in becoming an X-Ray tech, don't lose heart. Alot of fields out there right now are tight on the hire, unless you want to work at a fast food restaurant all your life, or you already have several degrees. If radiology is really the field you want to get into, then go for it. Perhaps the hiring market will be better once you graduate, alot of clinical sites hire people straight out after clinicals are over. There's also the option of getting involved with an agency. You make more money with them anyway, you just bounce around to whatever hospital needs you. I'd also suggest getting about a years worth of experience if you can, then applying to work for an Allied Health travel agency. They can set you up with some pretty great travel assignments that may actually turn into a permanent job if you are interested. I mean, lets face it, certain parts of the country just have better pay and job opportunities. ( I personally wouldn't mind getting a 13 week assignment in Hawaii. ) Anyway, just a few things to think about....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anjelica in Temecula, California

56 months ago

Jeremy in Hampton, Virginia said: Also, it doesn't even take two years to finish Radiologic Technologist in a Associate Degree program, some schools offer it in an 18 month program.

What schools?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in Norfolk, Virginia

56 months ago

Jeremy in Hampton, Virginia said: Medical Careers Institute

No! Medical Careers Institute is a for profit school and costs around $30,000 for an A.A. While it is accred. by JRCERT. The classes are in a different credit system than universities and colleges. So if you wanted to advance your degree, to a B.A. or apply your education to a different med. field you couldn't... those classes do not transfer and you have to start over again. The same goes for "on-line" schools.

Be wise in the schools you choose; a good education is an investment think long term!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I don't know where you are getting your information at, but you are dead wrong. Yes it will cost around 30 grand for the school, and yes it is a for-profit school, but those credits I have earned will transfer. I know that to be a fact because those credits will transfer to the Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences for a bachelors in radiography. If you're going to take a dig at my college, then make sure you know your facts first, because it only makes you look stupid. You are one of those TCC rejects huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

One more thing, Medical Careers Institute has THE highest pass rate for the ARRT registry exam out of the three schools that offer medical radiography in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We are also the only COLLEGE that offers a Associate's of Applied Science Degree in Medical Radiography that you can earn in 18 months. Riverside Hospital offers just a certificate, and Tidewater Community College offers their A.A.S in medical radiography in 24 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Jeremy in Hampton, Virginia said: One more thing, Medical Careers Institute has THE highest pass rate for the ARRT registry exam out of the three schools that offer medical radiography in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We are also the only COLLEGE that offers a Associate's of Applied Science Degree in Medical Radiography that you can earn in 18 months. Riverside Hospital offers just a certificate, and Tidewater Community College offers their A.A.S in medical radiography in 24 months.

yeah - a giant 30,000 loan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Jeremy in Hampton, Virginia said: One more thing, Medical Careers Institute has THE highest pass rate for the ARRT registry exam out of the three schools that offer medical radiography in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We are also the only COLLEGE that offers a Associate's of Applied Science Degree in Medical Radiography that you can earn in 18 months. Riverside Hospital offers just a certificate, and Tidewater Community College offers their A.A.S in medical radiography in 24 months.

Jeremy,

How much does the "for profit" Florida Hospital College cost in order to get your B.A.? Another $20,000-$30,000 in 2 years? It may cost you $50,000+ total (not incl. loan interest) for a B.A. from an unranked school.

I only commented "No" because there are much less expensive ways to get a quality and more versatile education. Especially for those who are just graduating from HS and reading this forum. Research your schools and ask questions. There are no short cuts that pay off in the long run.

And Jeremy, test success rates are based upon the individual and their own preparation. I stand corrected if any of your college credits transfer to phenomenal schools like UVA (rank #2 for public schools; US News & World Report "Best Colleges" 2010).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Also - for those going to school; textbooks can be expensive! So check out-

www.chegg.com

This is an awesome textbook site where you can rent and sell books. In addition to saving $$$$$, they also plant a tree when you place an order:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in New Haven, Connecticut

56 months ago

Interesting to note that, although the community college degree will take 24 months, the national average cost of a community college Associate degree is $4,152 total.

You have to decide whether you'd rather finishing 6 months sooner is worth $25,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Sorry, that should say "You have to decide whether finishing 6 months sooner is worth $25,000"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

djohnston in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

Just my opinion, but... as a registered tech who attended a two-year community college radiography program, that was much MUCH less than $30,000, I have to say mine was the way to go!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jaymee in Staten Island, New York

56 months ago

can anyone recommend a good accredited school in ny or nj?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

The community college JRCERT radiography program here costs around $9,000 for A.A.S. degree.

In addition to this, many courses taken at TCC can be transferred to UVA, JMU, Old Dominion Univ., VA Tech, Virginia Commonwealth Univ., William and Mary, all top nationally ranked schools. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

jaymee in Staten Island, New York said: can anyone recommend a good accredited school in ny or nj?

Check the jrcert.org website they have a list of accred. programs by state and will tell you if it's degree or certificate program. Seriously, consider community colleges if they offer what you're looking for....reasons are stated in previous posts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

jaymee, contact any of the progrms in your area - they should be willing to tell you their pass/fail rate (for the national certification exam). If they're not, you have to wonder why not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

djohnston in Las Vegas, Nevada

56 months ago

jaymee my school was County College of Morris in Randolph, NJ. Accredited two-year program, Associates of Applied Science Degree upon completion. And everyone in my class ('06) who took the Registry passed the Registry, so that says something about the quality of the program. Our class started with 52 and graduated about 32 students, so it's not for everybody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leah in Oakland, California

55 months ago

do hospitals really hire from schools like western career colege or are they more likely to hire gradutes from comunity colleges

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

George in Cooperstown, New York

54 months ago

Following all these threads I see a lot of misinformation. I have been an ARRT Tech. since 1988 and have gone on to receive my BSRS (Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences). Don't get too hung up on the handles. The most common title is Radiologic Technologist but people will call you many different things like X-ray technician. It's all the same, at least here in NY. Yes, it can be difficult to get a job if you are in the wrong region. The demand comes and goes. There are a lot of people going into X-ray because it is a good paying job that requires relatively little formal education, 18-24 months. The military is a good way to get into it if you are a healthy young person and score high on the entrance exam. They are indeed, accredited now (The Army program was not when I went through it). It is unfortunate that it is so hit and miss as far as job opportunities. It is definately a surer thing to invest in Nursing instead. Unfortunately, not every good RT would make a good Nurse and vice versa. Best of luck in your carreer persuits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Yeah, I know the Navy's program is 12 months, which is probably the same length as the other service's schools, which is indeed the fastest way to ARRT certification, and the cheapest (free). Can you tell us more about your BSRS, what are some colleges that offer that type of degree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

elain in Tallahassee, Florida

54 months ago

taurus20 in Kissimmee, Florida said: HILDA, IRBUCHANAN IS WRONG. IT TAKES 2 YRS OF SCHOOL IN A COLLEGE OR HOSPITAL TO BECOME AN ARRT REGISTERED X-RAY TECH. AND THE CORRECT TITLE FOR US IS RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST, NOT X-RAY TECH. IF YOU GET AN ONLINE DEGREE FOR AN X-RAY TECH, NO HOSPITAL OR REPUTABLE CLINIC IN THE USA WILL HIRE YOU. YOU COULD ONLY GET A JOB IN A DOCTORS OFFICE MAKING ALMOST MINIMUM WAGE.

hey girl you are very rude!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

X-Ray Tech is the lay term for Radiologic Technologist, so yes it is acceptable to call us x-ray techs, rad techs, and radiographers as well. It's the same way a Medical Technologist is most commonly called lab techs, or Surgical Technologists are called o.r. techs.

Like I said before, it doesnt necessarily take 2 years to complete an associates degree program, I finished mine in 18 months. Some hospitals offer a diploma in 18 months, and the US Military programs are 12 months.

Yeah, taurus20 is pretty rude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

X-Ray Technologist in Flagstaff, Arizona

54 months ago

kayla in Mountain Home, Arkansas said: I'm also thinking about this field.
while the training is shorter for an xray technician,
i'm sure theres better pay for radiologists and way more job openings.
i'm still looking at info online, let me know if you find any info andwhat you decide to go with.

A Radiologist is an MD. There is a lot more schooling involved. There are limited X-ray tech which is about 8 months of school and training. An X-Ray technologist is 2 full years of school, training and needs to pass national boards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SIDHU GURPREM SINGH in India

53 months ago

i have two year diploma in radiography from India as well as B.Sc. in radioimaging technology.so please tell me what is the scope for me in US as radiographer.and what i have to do for to get ARRT certificate.i have about seven year experience in this field.and currently working in government hospital in New Delhi,India

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gabbs in Palmyra, Virginia

53 months ago

This is all too confusing, one says yay and the others say nay. Reading comments such as these doesn't help none.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

jaime81582 in Brighton, Michigan

50 months ago

kayla in Mountain Home, Arkansas said: sorry to note, but that person is wrong. an x ray tech can be referred to as an x ray technician or an x ray technologist.
the there is the radiology technologist.
and it DOES take longer to become one because there is more training. the only thing an xray technician can't do is discuss the xray ith the patient...

Actually it is not correct calling us a x-ray technician. We are correctly called x-ray technologist or radiographer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fay muse in Staten Island, New York

49 months ago

Hilda Dyck in Simcoe, Ontario said: i'm thinking of getting into training for an xray tech. can anyone give me some advice about that? is it a good career to get into? how long does it take for training? do i have to go to school or can i do it online? i have a lot of patience but not sur if i wood have enuf to sit in school.

i just finished school and u cant take it o nline in NJ or NY...its hands on experience...its a 2 year program consecutive...its worth it and its not complicated at all..its fun ..and different...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

cheryl in Temecula, California said: any advice on starting school to become an x-ray tech? the only place i know is in corona,ca called jem college they want 17,000 and for a limted license. what is my first step? how do you get grants? or aid? im a single mom about to loose my fulltime job and looking to start a new carrer.

Cheryl - listen to me do not get a limited license for 17,000!

In order to be competitive in this field you should have an A.A degree or certificate from a 2 year JCERT accred. program - that's the minimum!

go to this website: www.jrcert.org/cert/Search.jsp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Truebluefan1088@gmail.com in Rancho Cucamonga, California

49 months ago

Hi all. There is a program with East L.A. Occupational center who sends students
to intern at LAC+USC medical center for radiologic technologist. Minimum requirements are that
you are a limited Xray tech with 1 year of paid experience
and 15 units of college coursework. The entire course cost anywhere from $700 to $1200 depending on what supplies you already have. Next testing dates are 1st week of November 2010. The school is on Marengo ave in east LA, google it for phone #. The instructors name is Alicia Ortiz. The job market is tight for RTs and RN is your best bet. There is a shortage of RNs and an over abundance of RTs. You do the math. Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dmitry K in Downers Grove, Illinois

41 months ago

Hilda Dyck in Simcoe, Ontario said: i'm thinking of getting into training for an xray tech. can anyone give me some advice about that? is it a good career to get into? how long does it take for training? do i have to go to school or can i do it online? i have a lot of patience but not sur if i wood have enuf to sit in school.

Don't bother. You will be just another unemployed X-ray graduate. Save your time and money for something in demand.

D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

40 months ago

All Radiologists are MD's, just like all OB Gyns are MD's.

There are several paths one can take to becoming a radiological technologist(aka, x-ray tech). The gold standards are going to a hospital based program or a college program that has a tie in with a hospital. If you are thinking of becoming an x-ray tech and your program doesn't have a tie in with some sort of medical facility then you are just wasting your money. Clinical competencies need to be demonstrated and that cannot be done without access to a clinical site. Anyone can become an x-ray tech if they had completed the required didactics and have documented clinical competency. Online programs are a waste of time if there is no clinical training. An individual cannot just walk into an x-ray department and ask them to train you to perform the exams they need to sit for boards. This is due to liability issues and most clinical eligible sites have a tie in with a hospital based program, a community college, or a 4yr college.

The field of radiological technology is completly flooded now. This is not just because of the economy. This has been 10yrs in the making. For almost every single job posting there are at least 10 applicants. Don't trust the BLS, their information is not accurate at all. Look at job postings, and if you apply for a job ask how many other applicants have already applied for the same position. Any out of work technologist should just cut their losses now. Look for a backup plan.

Lastly, those people posting on here saying that there is good money to be made in this field are lying to you. just check out salary.com to find the truth about x-ray tech salaries. A newly minted technologist will be lucky to be making $20/hr. Most will make in the $17/hr range. Raises are slow to come unless you move up to a different modality such as CT, MRI, US, Nuc Med, etc. Each modality has a salary cap. The overwhelming number of techs will never make more than $27/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen in Murrieta, California

39 months ago

There is a lot of info about an ARRT certified rad technologist and a limited license x-ray tech, don't think they're the same because they aren't, just like there is a difference between an LVN and RN. You can ask people on forums who you have no idea who they are or even if their info is correct and they are from different states as well. My suggestion is to do your research online about the job, the current openings in your areas, and talk to a person who is certified that went to school and ask them where they went so you can get info about that place and actual feed back from a grafter of that school.

I went to the MA/XRAY TECH orientation at JEM college and I think they are a very good school. The class sizes are small which allows for more one on one teaching, the tuition is 10k and you are able to sit for both certs (Medical Assistant and XRAY technician), it's evening classes and they really want to help you succeed. Now a days the job availability for RTs or ARRT certified technologists are limited as there are a lot of grads with few openings. Many of the grads from JEM get hired over other grads from other schools. JEM college's owner has been in the medical imaging business for a long time! I think around 30-40 years? (he's an old guy with a beard as long as Santa) and has ran one of the top xray technologist school in CA (ARRT cert) before he retired from that entity.

Basically I learned a lot more about the field of medical imaging and how hard it is to get things passed for CA, just by goin to the orientation. I have decided to go to this school because I think it's a great school and there will be more opportunities available to me by the relationship I will develop with the educators there because they are very involved in the imaging education and the school has a very good reputation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen in Murrieta, California

39 months ago

Basically just start the research yourself, make sure schools are accredited and check their accreditation they have and go to the school attend their info sessions and make sure they don't make you sign your life away! If they do they are just in it for the money not your education.. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

38 months ago

Kathleen in Murrieta, California said: I went to the MA/XRAY TECH orientation at JEM college and I think they are a very good school. The class sizes are small which allows for more one on one teaching, the tuition is 10k and you are able to sit for both certs (Medical Assistant and XRAY technician), it's evening classes and they really want to help you succeed. Now a days the job availability for RTs or ARRT certified technologists are limited as there are a lot of grads with few openings. Many of the grads from JEM get hired over other grads from other schools. JEM college's owner has been in the medical imaging business for a long time! I think around 30-40 years? (he's an old guy with a beard as long as Santa) and has ran one of the top xray technologist school in CA (ARRT cert) before he retired from that entity.
QUOTE]

How do you know that JEM grads get hired over grads from other schools? Does JEM guarantee that you will have a job as an x-ray tech before you graduate, within 6months of graduation, or are they placing techs in an MA(does MA mean medical assistant?) position and saying that their students get a job?

There are a lot of schools out there that have been around a very long time. What matters the most is if the tech has passed the registry.

Your post reads like a promotional add for JEM and lacks key facts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

unemployed in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

I am an ARRT registered tech with 2 years experience, CT experience and have went thru MRI school and clinicals. The job market is REALLY tough here in Houston and outlying areas. Be prepared to spend alotta time, and money getting what you need to be competitive in this field.
Do you really have a passion to do barium enemas and get yourself x-rayed each and every day? If so, be prepared to take a job making 12.-17. dollars an hour. When you start in this field you will probably have to take a job working nights and weekends. Know also that there is a line out the door for people who want your part-time crummy hour job. This is the real deal.
I would say that if you are right out of high school and have the means to do the prereqs and go through 2 years of radiography school and then have the time and money to get your CT and MRI certifications. This is highly advisable. There is no quick way to become a successful radiologic CERTIFIDE technician.
Good Luck to you all, Carpe Diem my friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Southport, North Carolina

33 months ago

lrbuchanan in Knoxville, Tennessee said: you can get an online degree at south university in less than 12 months.

Where did you get your degree from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr. G in Alma, Michigan

30 months ago

To clarify, a radiologist is a physician, not necessarily an MD (allopathic physician). Radiologists can also be DO's (osteopathic physicians), either way they are fully licensed physicians. This required a bachelors, 4 years of medical school and then several years of residency. Currently I am working on my DO degree after not finding a job as an x-ray technologist. Although I enjoyed the field and had solid letters of recommendation, finding a full time job proved near impossible in MI. I am not saying you should not go to school for radiographic technology, I am just saying be forewarned that you may have a difficult time finding a job when you are finished with your schooling. I would also strongly advise against attending a private school, online school, or four year institution as credit hours will most likely be much more expensive than at a local community college. It is very important to go somewhere with a great reputation that is cheap because it may be a while before you find a job; student loans (especially from private lenders) can be a huge burden unless you find a position right away. Good luck to all those who want to be x-ray technologists, it's a fun career provided you are able to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruben in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

fay muse in Staten Island, New York said: i just finished school and u cant take it o nline in NJ or NY...its hands on experience...its a 2 year program consecutive...its worth it and its not complicated at all..its fun ..and different...

What school did you go to? Is the program hard?

Marlon in San Fancisco, California in San Francisco, California

27 months ago

I will be 48 years old soon, and I am a copier technician and just got laid off and I am thinking to become a X Ray technician, Rad Tech or Radiographer which I think is the same profession,I have an appointment next week at the college institute to talk about enrolling the school is " Heald College " is that a good idea, because of my age an all the comments that I had seen.

Bcubed in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

25 months ago

Shannon in Harvey, Louisiana said: To all those out there interested in becoming an X-Ray tech, don't lose heart. Alot of fields out there right now are tight on the hire, unless you want to work at a fast food restaurant all your life, or you already have several degrees. If radiology is really the field you want to get into, then go for it. Perhaps the hiring market will be better once you graduate, alot of clinical sites hire people straight out after clinicals are over. There's also the option of getting involved with an agency. You make more money with them anyway, you just bounce around to whatever hospital needs you. I'd also suggest getting about a years worth of experience if you can, then applying to work for an Allied Health travel agency. They can set you up with some pretty great travel assignments that may actually turn into a permanent job if you are interested. I mean, lets face it, certain parts of the country just have better pay and job opportunities. ( I personally wouldn't mind getting a 13 week assignment in Hawaii. ) Anyway, just a few things to think about....

Hi Shannon- I live in Louisiana and was recently laid off. This gives me a chance to go back to school. Can you give any recommendations for good rad tech programs here? Thank you for the info.

ross r. in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

Heather in New Haven, Connecticut said: Sorry, that should say "You have to decide whether finishing 6 months sooner is worth $25,000"

Hey, attending a community college does not guarantee your entrance into the necessary science classes needed inotrder to obtain an AA to get you to complete the program and eventually become an x ray tech. Theres usually a waiting list. Imagine 80 students attempting to get into an anatomy class, and there is just one space available. Eventually it would take a longer time to knock off these classes. So isnt it worth paying the extra money to a specialized school. If earning 30 dollars per hour and working close to full time three or four years later, then woulnt you agree that this is intelligent decision to make? Im not trying to be a smartee here.East LOs Angeles community college(ELAC) is packed with students from around the world.
\

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

17 months ago

If there are 80 students waiting to get into an anatomy class at community college and a person attempts to bypass that by going to a specialized school doesn't it also stand to reason that the only thing that was hurried along was that persons entrance into the ranks of the unemployed. Remember most of the 80 people waiting for one spot are doing so to go to the same type of school you were able to go to because you bypassed the community college. In the end you didn't really help yourself. The questions to be asked are why is there such a long wait to get into the class, and what is the job market like?

T.R.R. in Raleigh, North Carolina

15 months ago

The military option will no longer be an option after 2016. Per A.R.R.T all incoming techs students will need to be in an associates degree program or already have an associates before being able to challenge the registry exam, plus there will be no exempt status for military people. I went through the Army course back in 2001, but the thing that sucked about my enlistment was that I spent my 4 years(former prior service contract was only for 5 years) in a Foward Support Unit and could bearly get to the hospital to refresh my skills, Did more Xrays in OIF 1 & 3 than I did back at Stewart.

So for those who may want to take that option, the time is now till 2016 to get your Phase 1 and 2 in, plus pass the registry before Jan 1016.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.