Do most xray tech jobs with an MRI cert come with benefits like health insurance?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

kmdguy in Happy Valley, Oregon

63 months ago

Hi there,

I have been a self employed computer programmer for 17 years. Being self employed I have always had to pay for my own health insurance and this last year it finally reached $1,970 per month. I finally had to cancel, but I am now uninsurable because I have had Type 2 diabetes on my record, even though now it's fine, plus, I simply can't afford those kind of premiums as you can imagine.

I'm getting ready to go back to school for either nursing or radiography with MRI and I'm curious how the benefits are...do you folks get insurance and how much do you pay if any? I'd be willing to work at 1/2 the going wage if I can just get some insurance coverage. What are the benefits like in general (I'm aware of what the 'average' wage scale is, but I'm more interested in insurance than wages).

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Radguy1 in Wilmington, North Carolina

9 months ago

kmdguy in Happy Valley, Oregon said: Hi there,

I have been a self employed computer programmer for 17 years. Being self employed I have always had to pay for my own health insurance and this last year it finally reached $1,970 per month. I finally had to cancel, but I am now uninsurable because I have had Type 2 diabetes on my record, even though now it's fine, plus, I simply can't afford those kind of premiums as you can imagine.

I'm getting ready to go back to school for either nursing or radiography with MRI and I'm curious how the benefits are...do you folks get insurance and how much do you pay if any? I'd be willing to work at 1/2 the going wage if I can just get some insurance coverage. What are the benefits like in general (I'm aware of what the 'average' wage scale is, but I'm more interested in insurance than wages).

Thanks

Well I've been a tech for a while and worked all around. I recommend RN School. There is high demand and the girl has a lot of avenues and work scenarios. Medical imaging has slowed in opportunity. You should really look at which one suits you best though. MRI generally makes less than RN but not always.

Check out my site or email me for more specifics.

Www. Radtechnologist.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.