What are typical x ray tech salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

deborah

97 months ago

i wanted to know if i became an x-ray tech. how long would it be and whats the pay.....thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (333) / No (65) Reply - Report abuse

silver in Las Vegas, Nevada

92 months ago

$25/$38 an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

mike

90 months ago

how much does an x ray tech after 2 getting an associated in ft lauderdale make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

jimmy in Escondido, California

87 months ago

deborah said: i wanted to know if i became an x-ray tech. how long would it be and whats the pay.....thanx

it takes two years and expect to make 70,000 in san diego county. if you hussel you can make 80,000

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Kissimmee, Florida

67 months ago

DIANNE in Brunswick, Ohio said: I am looking at A certificate program. Does the pay differ from having an associates degree? What is the entry level salary?

I just recently finished a certificate program for xray tech....and in the state of florida you can not work in a hospital with more than 150 beds...which in central florida is rare to find a small hospital. Basically you can work in a clinic and usually the pay starts anywhere between 11-17 dollars. Depends on that doctor and how stingy he is with his money lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

S629 in Newark, Delaware

43 months ago

Celeste in Wilmington, Delaware said: High Crime big Cities/ Metropolitan areas and Trauma Centers Pay the Most..averaging 70k or more. Tip. get more experience once you become a tech and get another modality under your belt..example Ct scan..MRI...Mammography

I'm also from Delaware, did you go through the Del-Tech Rad Tech program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

28 months ago

Night shift differential pays really well. At $28/hr for nights means that her base hourly rate was likely $25. Considering the cost of living would translate to $16-19/hr in the midwest (just ball parking it here)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Radguy1 in Wilmington, North Carolina

20 months ago

deborah said: i wanted to know if i became an x-ray tech. how long would it be and whats the pay.....thanx

Hey I think this site would answer some of your questions or maybe point you in the right direction www.radtechnologist.com there's a link to salaries on the site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

delrio in Pompano Beach, Florida

18 months ago

DEPYPOLI in Athens, Greece said: HELLO FROM GREECE..I AM A XRAY TECH AND WE OUR SALARY IS 850EUROS A MONTH TRAGIC??? WE HAVE THE BMD THE MAMMOGRAPHIES THE CLASSIC X RAY AND MORE..I AM SEARCHING FOR A JOM IN ANOTHER COUNTRY ...BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMIC CRISIS. I AM 28 YEARS OLD AND I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MY FIELD IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES..MY EMAIL IS DEPYPOLI@WINDOWSLIVE.COM..IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME DETAILS ABOUT THAT I WOULD BE GREATFUL...FORGIVE ME FOR MY ENGLISH. GREEDING FROM ATHENS

I don't know exactly how much that is in "American dollars" but her in Florida depending what city you can make anywhere from 11 to 20 dollars an hour....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DVT in Woodbridge, Virginia

15 months ago

Hello, I was wondering what is the starting pay an hour in northern Virginia? does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick92596 in Nyack, New York

10 months ago

Do radiology techs get paid good money in NY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.