Getting a xcelsius consultant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing xcelsius consultant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Kalyan Verma in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

I would say Xcelsius is like a "Supersize Premium Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich with a Gallon of Diet Coke and Fries to a man in the Sahara Desert without food and water for 3 years (yup, Thats me)". I was creating dashboards using MS Excel, powerpoint and whatnot. I was doing better all the time and still not happy. Then the Duo of a Father and Son, the Becceras (Inventors of Xcelsius) came to my rescue by creating an amazing tool, which created dashboards with the help of MS Excel with ease. Thats when i raised a request to buy a copy of Xcelsius Pro in Ariba (Finance tool of my then company) and finally got one. Learnig Xcelsius is a Piece of cake if you know MS Excel. When i say MS Excel its just not entering data or maintaining your monthly budget kinda work. You should atlease be able to write some advanced formulae like Lookups, counifs etc in Excel, which i mastered in 3 years and at the sametime got bored too.
Later when they released Xcelsius Workgroup using which you can create interactive live dahboards (Thats Live Data for you), i got more excited and learned other technologies (XML, Webservices, BO XI R2, SQL Server Reporting Services, Web Development etc) which are supported by Xcelsius Workgroup. Since then its fun creating these dashboards.
You dont need any particular Educational Background to learn excelsius, however to get a job you would atleast need a bachelors degree in Science, Maths, Statistics or Finance. With intermediate skills of MS Excel.

For more information on Xcelsius please visit www.xcelsius.wordpress.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Javier in Hollywood, Florida

79 months ago

But, according to the Xcelsius EULA agreement, nobody is allowed to give "Consulting" services, only Business Objects. Am I right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kalyan Verma in Alpharetta, Georgia

79 months ago

Javier in Hollywood, Florida said: But, according to the Xcelsius EULA agreement, nobody is allowed to give "Consulting" services, only Business Objects. Am I right?

Hi Javier,
Yes, you are right. According to Xcelsius EULA, you can distribute the Dashboards to the Internal End Users Only. However, if you are doing consulting, the company seeking your services should be providing you with a Single Machine licensed version of Crystal Xcelsius.

Regards,
Kalyan Verma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

aspBoomer in Fairfax, Virginia

46 months ago

Kalyan Verma in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Hi Javier,
Yes, you are right. According to Xcelsius EULA, you can distribute the Dashboards to the Internal End Users Only. However, if you are doing consulting, the company seeking your services should be providing you with a Single Machine licensed version of Crystal Xcelsius.

Regards,
Kalyan Verma

Hi Mr. Verma,

I am a great Admirere of yours am learning Xcelsius and your videos have helped me gaing good knowledge about Xcelsius.

thank you for the wonderful job that you are doing

aspBoomer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.