Career change

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

dhagen45 in Matthews, North Carolina

16 months ago

I have been selling Semi Trailers for 25 plus years in Charlotte,NC and seriously considering a career change to selling yachts. I have been sucessful for many years in my industry but want a change, a life style change. I was am an avid scuba diver and was in the Navy and continue to hear the ocean calling me. I am now 52 and in good shape and continue to excell in trailer sales. I have an old friend in the West Palm beach area that owns a Yacht company and I am considering droping everything, selling my house and moving to fufill my dream. I usually make between 150 to 200 but the misery factor takes away a lot of that. I just want to be happy and do something that I would love. I guess my question would be, how long before I can make money and would I be making a mistake at my age. Thanks in advance, Dan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BoatMan xo in Baltimore, Maryland

11 months ago

dhagen45 in Matthews, North Carolina said: I have been selling Semi Trailers for 25 plus years in Charlotte,NC and seriously considering a career change to selling yachts. I have been sucessful for many years in my industry but want a change, a life style change. I was am an avid scuba diver and was in the Navy and continue to hear the ocean calling me. I am now 52 and in good shape and continue to excell in trailer sales. I have an old friend in the West Palm beach area that owns a Yacht company and I am considering droping everything, selling my house and moving to fufill my dream. I usually make between 150 to 200 but the misery factor takes away a lot of that. I just want to be happy and do something that I would love. I guess my question would be, how long before I can make money and would I be making a mistake at my age. Thanks in advance, Dan

You need to consult with your old friend. He would be the person to talk to. If he is a friend then he will lead you right. Is the Yacht Company a boat building , or a Yacht Dealer? this is much like selling trailers. Yes you have to learn the specifics of the bot you are selling, but it is pretty much the same.

If your friend's company is a yacht brokerage, then he would be able to teach you the business, all things being considered. It takes a great deal for a company to train an individual, but if you are a friend he may do it.

I just saw a company that provides you with video training for yacht brokerage and boat sales on vimeo.com/ondemand/ensignprofitcenter.

Check it out.

This is an old post so you may have already done this and are basking in the Florida sun.

I hope you do well.

dhagen45 in Matthews, North Carolina

11 months ago

Thank you sir, I am still selling semi trailers in North Carolina and wishing I was basking in the Florida sun. I will watch the video and I appreciate the advice!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.