Why are there so few jobs here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sunny in Rensselaer, New York

24 months ago

I wonder why there are so few jobs here in the capital region? If you don't work for the state or education, HOW do you find a job? There are so few other jobs and it's becoming very discouraging. Agencies have been useless. They don't have any jobs either. Please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Loch Sheldrake, New York

24 months ago

Sunny in Rensselaer, New York said: I wonder why there are so few jobs here in the capital region? If you don't work for the state or education, HOW do you find a job? There are so few other jobs and it's becoming very discouraging. Agencies have been useless. They don't have any jobs either. Please help.

agencies are useless, starting with the dept of labor.

it's all over the country though, just read the comments on indeed.

and we are paying as taxpayers those benefits and pensions to these public employees, ones we cannot afford

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lillie in Albany, New York

9 months ago

joe in Loch Sheldrake, New York said: agencies are useless, starting with the dept of labor .

it's all over the country though, just read the comments on indeed.

and we are paying as taxpayers those benefits and pensions to these public employees, ones we cannot afford

good luck

I have to say the people at my Career Stop have been very helpful. I'm personally just lost and exhausted because my partner was downsized 4 years ago, got back up and now I'm out of a job. I've been skipping meals, not buying ANYTHING, just to keep stable for 4 years.

But I have found that if I get off my behind and actually GO to the resource center, they've always worked very efficiently. I don't feel like it's a waste of taxpayer money.

It's ridiculous to go after people in positions with decent benefits. It just fuels the fire of mor companies having an excuse to offer less to their employees. If the jobs were out there, they'd help you get one. Meanwhile, they'll sit and shift through pages of openings to help you keep moving. Also there are a variety on benefits and incentives available, but you won't get a good idea of what's available if you don't scope themout.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

9 months ago

If you take away NYC (Wall St), Long Island, Westchester and Rockland Counties, plus the 5 boroughs there are very few jobs in the state of NY.

95 percent of the state is dead and very rural. It's a state with high taxes and alot of regulatory laws.

I'm not sure if fracking is safe or not. However, if they ever decide to move forward with it upstate NY state will be booming.

The Dept of Labor is a useless govt agency. The only thing I ever got out of them was free toilet paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.