Up and coming jobs in albany new york

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in albany new york?

Reply - Report abuse

Patricia Carr in Troy, New York

72 months ago

Where are all the jobs?
Someone please tell me where all the resources are for the unemployed job seeker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

72 months ago

When it comes to the state of New York, it is my belief as well as many others that it is an economically depressed state. Where are all the jobs you ask? Most of the jobs are in New York City and Westchester county. As you go further north to Albany and beyond the jobs are pretty much nonexistant. New York has some of the highest taxes and workers comp in the nation for small and large businesses and that is why many businesses are moving out of NY state. Ask any business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia Carr in Troy, New York

72 months ago

Well, that was pretty factual and to the point , but doesn't help the US,and it is HURTING US ALL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Watervliet, New York

71 months ago

Try www.indeed.com this site incorporates all job sites - one stop shopping. NY does have jobs, but they won't come looking for you. Network with everyone you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Troy, New York

69 months ago

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York said: When it comes to the state of New York, it is my belief as well as many others that it is an economically depressed state.

I do not know about New York being an economically depressed but it sure is better than most places in the South and in the Midwest for sure.

Most jobs are in the major population centers of the state. But once you wonder off from those areas, it is pretty depressing.

Most jobs I am seeing are IT jobs and manufacturing jobs for GE
and other companies that export their products internationally.
But these jobs tend to be very specific rather than general in nature unforutnately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

69 months ago

As you go further north from NYC the jobs get worse. This is why about 40 percent of people living in the Hudson Valley region (dutchess, orange, ulster, sullivan counties) commute almost 2 hours just one way into Manhattan for work. Also, why do you think as you go further north from NYC housing gets cheaper. Past Albany you can get a new home for 200,000 on 10 acres. I believe around Binghamton you can get a great price for a home also, it's because there aren't many great jobs up that way.

I don't know much about the South but have heard about the lack of quality jobs.

Good point was made - around the nation more of the better paying quality jobs are in big cities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dean_Suraci in Newburgh, New York

66 months ago

Ambit Energy = pyramid scheme? Am I right?

Paul

66 months ago

You should view the link. I certain the corporate team of Ambit (all Millionaires from former businesses) and the third largest company in the WORLD, Shell Oil wouldn't form a partnership on a "pyramid scheme". When Long Distance was deregulated, small start up companies like Verizon and Sprint became giants of the industy. Ambit will do the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul

66 months ago

I'm not sure about deregulation in New York State. I do know that in New York City Gas has been deregulated for 11 years and Electric for 8 years. Upstate is deregulated, but I don't know for how long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Albany, New York

66 months ago

There are jobs in Albany but its based upon who you know. The pay is absolutely ridiculous big mistake moving to Albany.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul

66 months ago

Hey Pamela,
I was in Albany a few weeks ago trying to make contacts for a new business I have started. The earning potential is unlimited, but it will take 2 to 5 years to make substantial money. Take a look at my web site and let me know what you think.
GrowWith.Energy526.com
or
GrowWith.AmbitEnergy.biz

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.